Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Trying to watch Crave TV outside Canada? Because this service is region-locked, you'll need to use a premium VPN to watch it while travelling or living outside Canada. Continue reading to see which VPNs are best for watching Crave from afar.
Crave TV is geo-restricted, like other major streaming providers. This means it’s only available in Canada. The difficulty is that you won’t be able to watch your favorite shows if you go on vacation overseas.
The good news is that there is a workaround: all you need is a premium VPN. Without further ado, let’s look at how that’s done.
How to Watch Crave TV outside Canada [Quick Guide in February 2023]
To watch Crave TV outside Canada, follow the steps below:
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Crave TV outside Canada?
Like many other streaming platforms worldwide, some employ geo-blocking, a copyright-protection strategy restricting user access to a specific location, and Craves TV is one of them. Crave TV analyses users’ IP addresses to figure out where they are.
It will almost immediately restrict your access if it determines that the traffic is coming from beyond its coverage region. You’ll get the following geolocation error:
We’re sorry, this content is only available for viewing in Canada. 72”
So, if you try to access Crave TV outside Canada, you will receive this error. However, if you follow the instructions outlined above, you can unblock the channel no matter where you are. So, below is the list of 5 best VPNs that will bypass Crave TV’s geo-restrictions without any lag.
Quick Overview – Top 5 VPNs to Watch Crave TV outside Canada [February 2023]
- ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide with 4 servers in Canada. It has 4 highly optimized servers in Canada. The price that ExpressVPN offers is $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 336 servers in Canada located in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN is a high-bandwidth VPN with more than 5200 servers worldwide and 7 servers in Canada. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This one is a low-cost VPN that is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe. Surfshark offers 4 servers in Canada.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in Canada, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 best VPNs for watching Crave TV outside Canada [Detailed Overview – Feb 2023]
To watch Crave TV outside Canada, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the 5 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN for Watching Crave TV outside Canada
ExpressVPN offers over 3000 lightning-fast servers in 160 cities across 94 countries, including CTV outside Canada. On the security front, ExpressVPN supports several protocols, including OpenVPN, IPSec, and IKEv2. Not only that but all of the protocols are protected by the greatest encryption standard available, which is even used to safeguard its data — (AES-256).
If you’re concerned about the security of your data, ExpressVPN protects you from IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. Not to mention that it safeguards your computer against malware and viruses. It’s well worth the money, and each account gets five multi-logins. Its 12-plus-three-month package costs $6.67 each and comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Crave TV outside Canada
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as a kill switch feature, and split tunneling, ensuring you protect your data. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries.
Surfshark – Low-Cost VPN for Watching Crave TV outside Canada
If you want to watch Crave TV outside Canada, then Sufshark is the most cost-effective alternative, yet, you will not be dissatisfied with the streaming quality. It’s pretty user-friendly in terms of VPNs (not to mention affordable). Overall, Surfshark is a budget VPN; it’s hard to beat. This VPN also unblocks geo-restricted platforms and channels and other streaming services.
Surfshark has proven that a low price does not always mean a low-quality product. Surfshark, it has an average download speed of 77.80 Mbps (tested on a 100 Mbps connection). Its 2-year subscription costs $2.49 a month and includes unlimited multi-logins and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to watch Crave TV outside Canada
NordVPN is a solid VPN to its 480+ Canadian servers; one of the main reasons is that it performs very well with streaming channels. Its speed test likewise yields positive results, with an average download speed of 76.89 Mbps (tested on a 100 Mbps connection). It has a number of security safeguards to keep you safe while watching Crave TV shows outside Canada.
One of these is a kill switch, which immediately disconnects you from your Wi-Fi if your VPN connection stops. No one would ever know you were streaming a geo-restricted website this way. Its 2-year subscription is £2.43 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
AtlasVPN– Budget-Friendly VPN to stream Crave TV outside Canada
AtlasVPN is a fast and affordable VPN that can be used to access a variety of streaming services. It is a safe, high-performance VPN that provides access to all main zones. All of it is for $1.99 a month, which is a steal deal for anyone. AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers worldwide with fast connections, allowing you to choose your location with a single click.
Can I Watch Free VPN to Watch Crave TV outside Canada?
Unfortunately, NO! The majority of free VPN services do not deliver high-quality content or usability. They don’t have the operating systems to back up their work, and using them can be a big nuisance. The internet is frequently patchy and sticky; the supplier does not give the range of IP addresses required for a VPN to work. Not only that, but the download speed is very certainly going to be terrible.
How to Subscribe to Crave TV outside Canada?
After you subscribe to VPN, follow the below steps to get Crave TV subscription:
- Go to the official website of Crave TV.
- Click Subscribe in the top right corner of the screen.
- You can either sign up through Crave or through your service provider.
- Click Start Watching Now if you don’t have a cable subscription that includes Crave.
- After that, enter your email address as well as your password.
- Now select your favorite plan.
- Checkout after adding a paid subscription.
- Now you’ve successfully created a Crave account outside Canada.
How Much Does Crave TV Cost outside Canada?
The subscription packages cost as follows for Crave TV outside Canada:
For Non-Cable Users
Crave TV: $9.99/month with the following Addons
- Crave Originals
- Classic HBO
Crave Movies + HBO: $19.98/month with the following Addons
- Crave Originals
- Current HBO (same time as the US)
- Latest Hollywood movies and hit series
- Six Live channels and On-Demand
Crave Movies + HBO & STARZ: $25.97/month with the following Addons
- Crave Originals
- Current HBO (same time as the US)
- More Hollywood movies and hit series
- Eight Live channels and On-Demand
- STARZ Originals
For Cable Users
- Hollywood Suite: $6/month
- Crave: $10/month.
- Super Écran: $15/month.
- Super Channel: $15/month.
- Crave + Movies + HBO: $20/month.
- Crave + Super Écran: $20/month.
- Movies and Series pack: $25/month.
- Crave + Movies + HBO + Super Écran: $30/month.
- Crave + Movies + HBO + STARZ + Super Écran: $35/month.
- Premium Movies and Series pack: $37/month.
- Crave: $9.95/month.
- Movies + Crave + HBO: $19.95/month.
- Crave + Movies + HBO with STARZ: $23.95/month.
- Movies Pack: $28.95/month.
- Movie Lovers Package: $35.00/month.
How to Pay for Crave TV outside Canada without Canadian Bank Account
There is a possibility of getting Crave TV outside Canada without having a Canadian Bank Account. Here we have explained it in simple steps.
- Visit Crave TV and click ‘Subscribe Now.
- Create an account with your details.
- You need to click “Add gift card” in the payment option.
- Enter your gift card’s PIN to pay for Crave TV outside Canada.
Crave TV Not Working With VPN? Here are the fixes you can try!
If your Crave TV is not working even with the VPN, here are a few fixes you must try. One of these will work for sure.
- Try a different Canadian server.
- Check your internet connection.
- Clear the cache of your browser.
- Log out of the VPN app and log back in.
- Uninstall the VPN app and reinstall it again.
- Close your browser window.
- Contact your VPN’s customer support.
Crave TV Device Compatibility Outside Canada
Crave TV is available on practically all devices and platforms, including the following:
- Apple TV
- iPhone and other iOS devices running iOS 9.0+ with AirPlay
- Android tablets.
- Android phones.
- Windows desktop and tablets.
- Samsung Smart TV and Blu-ray players with Samsung Smart Hub
- Xbox One
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen and above
How to Download the Crave TV outside Canada on your Smart Devices
Follow the instructions below to get the Crave TV app on your smart devices outside Canada:
How to Get Crave TV outside Canada on Android?
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in Canada.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Crave TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Crave TV is now available on your Android device.
How to Watch Crave TV outside Canada on iOS?
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to Canada in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in Canada.
- Search for Crave TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows.
How to Access Crave TV outside Canada on Roku?
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to a Canadian server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Oxygen TV on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How to Stream Crave TV outside Canada on PS3/PS4?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Crave TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Crave TV.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Crave has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How can I watch Crave TV outside Canada on Xbox?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Crave TV on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Crave TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How to Install Crave TV outside Canada on Kodi?
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Crave TV. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in Canada after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the Crave TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How Can I get Crave TV outside Canada on Firestick?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Crave TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your Firestick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to the Canadian server.
- Enter the word ‘Crave TV’ and press enter.
- The ‘Crave TV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Crave TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Crave TV app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Crave on Firestick outside Canada.
How Can I get Crave TV outside Canada on Apple TV?
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a Canadian server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the Crave TV app, and you are done.
How to Download Crave TV outside Canada on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a Canada-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Crave TV app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How to Access Crave TV outside Canada on a PC?
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a Canada-based server.
- Go to the Crave TV website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Crave TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to Watch on Crave TV outside Canada?
Below I have listed some of the top movies and shows along with its channel list to binge-watch on Crave TV outside Canada:
Crave TV Channels
Best Movies and Channels to Watch on Crave TV outside Canada
- Orphan Black
- The Affair
- The Wire
- Orphan Black
- The Affair
- The Night
- The Sopranos
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- True Detective
- Band of Brothers
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- The Wire
- Castle Rock
- The Deuce
- Killing Eve
- Game of Thrones
- The Wire
FAQs on Crave TV Outside Canada
Is Crave TV available outside Canada?
Crave TV is not available outside Canada. However, if you use a VPN with Canadian servers, you can unblock it.
How can I get Crave TV outside Canada for free?
There is a way to watch Crave TV outside Canada for free, but you’ll need a credit card to do so. Crave TV offers a one-month free trial period after which you will be charged. To watch Crave TV for free, cancel your membership immediately before the trial period finishes.
Is using a VPN legal to watch Crave TV outside Canada?
Yes, with a premium VPN, you can unblock Crave TV outside Canada without any issues. A VPN can mask your location and connect you to a Canadian server so you can watch Crave TV outside Canada. However, I highly recommend ExpressVPN to watch Crave TV outside Canada.
How many devices can I use to watch Crave TV outside Canada at once?
Crave TV allows you to add up to 5 devices.
Crave TV has a lot to offer, but it’s only available to Canada. However, you can now watch Crave TV outside Canada and from anywhere in the world with our recommended VPN. You’ll almost certainly need a VPN if you’re moving out of Canada or going abroad and want to stay up with the latest news and TV show episodes on the local channel.
To watch Crave TV outside Canada or elsewhere in the world, we highly recommend ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and Nord VPN.