Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Are you wondering how to watch HBO Max on LG TV? Read this blog to find out the easiest way to stream HBO Max on LG TV through premium VPN.
Is HBO Max available on LG TV? Yes, HBO Max is available on LG TV. Follow this blog to learn how to watch HBO Max on LG TV.
Before this, people who had LG TVs had to cast their smartphone screens via Chromecast or AirPlay or come up with different alternatives. If you own a recent LG TV model with an operating system higher than web-OS 4.0, you can install HBO Max on LG TV. However, if you own an older version, we have also figured out other ways to watch HBO Max on older models of LG TVs.
You must be contemplating now, can I stream HBO Max on LG TV? The recent update lets you watch HBO Max on all the latest LG TVs. HBO Max’s subscription allows you to stream Snow Piercer Season 3, the Card Counter, and The Batman without interruptions. Are you on the lookout for how can you get HBO Max on LG TV?
How to Watch HBO Max on LG TV? [Quick Guide Jan 2023]
Follow this easy guide to learn how to download HBO Max on LG TV:
- Flick on the LG Smart TV
- Make sure that your device has a healthy internet connection
- Surf to the Home Menu
- Head to the LG Content Store and type HBO Max in the search bar
- Scroll to the Applications category
- Select HBO Max and install the application
- Congratulations, you have installed HBO Max on your LG Smart TV.
Note: If you are accessing HBO Max from anywhere outside the USA, you will need a VPN, and we recommend ExpressVPN.
A Guide on How to Set up HBO Max App on your LG TV Smart?
To install the HBO Max application on LG TV, you will need a smart device to enter the code displayed on your LG TV. Follow these successive instructions like clockwork for setting up HBO Max on LG TV.
- Access the LG Content Store
- Download the HBO Max application
- Select the Sign-up option
- On your smart device, open the HBO Max Sign-in page
- Log in with your account credentials
- Enter the code that is displayed on your LG TV
- Hurrah! You have successfully signed up for HBO Max on LG Smart TV
How can I watch HBO Max on my Older LG TV Model?
If your LG TV doesn’t support the HBO Max’s app, you can connect to a digital streaming device like Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or a gaming player like Xbox One and PS4. Moreover, you can also connect your laptop or smartphone to your LG TV using an HDMI cable. Just ensure that your LG TV has a working HDMI port and healthy access to Wi-Fi.
You can choose any of the following methods to get HBO Max on older LG TV:
- Watch HBO Max on LG TV with a laptop
- Cast the HBO Max application on LG TV with Android
- Stream HBO Max to your LG TV with AirPlay
- Access HBO Max content via YouTube TV
How can you watch HBO Max on LG TV through Laptop?
A strategically convenient way to watch HBO max on LG TV via laptop is through HDMI. Connect your computer to the LG TV via an HDMI cable, and you can display your laptop screen.
Follow this easy guide to tune in to HBO Max on your LG TV via laptop
- Find your laptop’s HDMI port, connect one end of the HDMI cable on your Laptop and another stop on your LG TV
- Select the HDMI port you just plugged into with your LG TV remote
Upon successful connection, your laptop screen will be mirrored on LG TV. Go to the official HBO Max website on your laptop, sign in to your content and watch the HBO Max content playing on your LG TV screen.
How to Install HBO Max on LG TV through Android Devices?
Follow this successive guide to successfully cast HBO Max on LG TV via an Android device.
- Assure that the Chromecast and Android are connected to the same Wi-Fi
- On your android device, surf the Google Home app
- Choose the device (LG TV) you want to cast to
- Select the cast my screen option and then Cast Screen
- Once successfully done. Your Android screen will be mirrored on your LG TV
- Open the HBO max app on your Android device and start watching HBO Max on LG TV
How to get HBO Max on LG TV with AirPlay/iPhone?
Here’s how you can use AirPlay to watch HBO Max on LG TV with your apple device:
- Assure that LG TV and iOS device are connected to the same network
- Ensure that the AirPlay option is on your LG TV
- On your iOS device, tap open the HBO Max app and stream a video
- Touch the screen, then tap the AirPlay option on the upper right corner of your screen
- Select the LG TV on your screen
- Yay! Now, you can mirror your iOS device screen on LG TV.
Please note that this process will only work if your devices have the most updated software and your LG TV model is compatible with AirPlay 2.
How to watch HBO Max on LG TV through Youtube TV?
You can also use YouTube TV to get HBO Max on your LG TV. Just add HBO Max to your YouTube TV subscription and stream HBO Max on LG TV.
Following the addition of HBO Max to your YouTube TV membership, follow this successive guide to start watching HBO Max on LG TV:
- Tune into the HBO Max app and click Sign In
- Select the option: Sign in with a Provider
- From the given menu, select YouTube TV
- Select the account with a YouTube TV membership and tap on the Allow button
- Congratulations, now you can watch HBO Max via YouTube TV on your LG TV
Please note that on your HBO Max subscription via YouTube TV, you also get additional access to on-demand live channels and phenomenal shows on HBO Max.
How to install HBO Max on LG TV outside the United States?
Recently, HBO Max is only available in the USA, certain US territories, and some countries in Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Therefore, accessing HBO Max on LG TV outside USA is intricate.
The only way to surmount this geo-restriction hurdle is through a premium VPN like ExpressVPN. However, LG Smart TVs don’t support VPN applications. Instead, you must set up MediaStreamer or install the ExpressVPN app on your physical or virtual router.
Below mentioned are three ways to connect ExpressVPN on your LG TV to watch HBO Max outside US:
- Connect VPN on your physical router
- Install ExpressVPN through a virtual router
- Set up a MediaStreamer application on LG Smart TV
How to Connect VPN on LG TV through a Physical Router
If you are not a tech enthusiast, setting up a VPN on LG TV through a physical router might be an intricate task. However, premium VPNs like ExpressVPN offer pre-configured routers (such as Asus, Netgear, and Linksys) that are easy to use with VPN-incompatible devices like LG TV.
It enables you to connect your LG TV to the router without getting into the nitty gritty or technicalities. Here are the simple steps to set up a VPN on LG TV for accessing HBO Max via a physical router.
- Connect your LG TV to a pre-configured VPN router
- Open the LG Content Store and go to the search bar
- Type HBO Max and download the application on your LG TV
- Just like that, you can log in to start streaming HBO Max on LG TV
How to Install VPN on LG TV through a virtual router
If you don’t have the means to access the physical router, you can turn your device into a virtual router. In the following blog, we have used windows 10 with a Wi-Fi connection, as an illustration to showcase how to set up a VPN on LG TV to watch HBO Max.
Here is a stepwise guide to setting up a VPN on LG TV through a virtual router:
- Connect your device (Windows 10 Laptop/PC) to ExpressVPN
- Click on the Windows button > Network and Internet Settings > Wi-Fi
- Now, enable the mobile hotspot. You can edit your network and its password at this level by clicking the edit
- Tap on Change adapter options at the bottom of your screen
- Look for ExpressVPN Tap Adapter and go to Properties
- Click on Sharing tab and select Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection
- Now, Flick on the hotspot and switch on your LG TV
- Choose your newly generated virtual router from the Home networking connection and tap “Ok.”
- Download the HBO Max app
- Now, log in to stream your favorite HBO content on LG TV
How to Set up MediaStreamer to Watch HBO Max on LG TV
Follow this successive guide to set up MediaStreamer on your LG TV for HBO Max:
- Go to ExpressVPN and register the existing IP of your device.
- You will receive a new MediaStreamer IP address. You will require the IP in the steps ahead. Therefore, don’t close the window.
- On your LG TV, go to Settings > Advanced > Network > Select the network you are connected to
- Tap on edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Enter the MediaStreamer address you received earlier in DNS.
- Select Connect, or reboot the LG TV if necessary.
- Now, you have successfully set up MediaStreamer on your LG TV.
- Tap the Home button on your LG TV remote.
- Visit the LG Content Store and surf to the search bar.
- Look for the HBO Max application.
- Install the HBO Max application and stream now.
Is HBO Max on LG Smart TV?
Yes, you can watch HBO Max on LG Smart TV.
Why can’t I Get HBO Max on LG TV?
It can be one of the following errors:
- HBO Max servers are down
- Cache and Data need clearance
- Mobile devices and Chromecast devices are not on the same internet connection.
- Rename your Chromecast device for easy detection
- Compromised internet connection
- Your Chromecast device requires an update
- HBO Max account needs to be updated
Can I Chromecast HBO Max on LG TV?
Yes, you can Chromecast HBO Max on LG TV, as the application is available on all leading streaming platforms.
Summing up the Guide
Now that you have reached the end of this insightful blog, you are probably aware of how to get HBO max on LG Smart TV.
Downloading HBO Max on LG TV is not much of an altercation. However, the problem arises when the user tries to access LG TVs outside the USA or HBO Max on older LG TVs.
But we are sure that our thorough and profound guide has answered all your questions about installing HBO Max on LG TV. If you are still confused, post a comment below.