Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Are you looking for how to watch HBO Max on Chromecast? With premium VPN you can easily watch HBO Max on Chromecast and stream your favorite shows.
Is your HBO Max Chromecast not working? This blog will provide a comprehensive guide on how to cast HBO Max on Smart TV via ExpressVPN in 4 steps.
Let’s Dive in and unwind on how to get HBO Max on Chromecast.
How to Watch HBO Max on Google Chromecast [Quick Guide]
Those who live in the USA can skip the first three steps because the service is already available in the USA, and there is no need to use a VPN. So, here’s how to watch HBO Max on Chromecast devices outside the USA.
- Subscribe and Download a credible VPN (We highly recommend ExpressVPN)
- Open the VPN software and sign in with your account credentials on your device.
- Select the USA server from the drop-down menu.
- Then continue doing the below steps if you want to watch HBO Max on Chromecast using Smart Phone or PC:
You can screencast anything from your Android or iOS (iPhone or iPad) smartphone using the HBO Max app, which is cast-ready. Here’s how you do it.
- First, ensure your casting device and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- From the apps section on your device, open the HBO Max app.
- Sign up or log in with your account.
- Hover over any content you want to stream from your television and click it.
- Navigate to the top of the page and select the Cast icon.
- When Cast appears on your screen, select your Chromecast TV to connect.
- If the casting is successful, the contents of your casting screen will appear on Chromecast TV.
You can cast HBO Max using the Chrome browser from a PC or laptop. The following are the steps involved to watch HBO Max on your Chromecast:
- Begin by connecting your PC (Windows or Mac) to the same internet connection as your Chromecast TV.
- Launch Chrome on your PC and type https://www.hbomax.com/ into the address bar.
- To log into your account, click Sign In, or to create a new account, click Sign Up Now.
- Right-click anywhere on the screen to select any content from the HBO Max website’s interface.
- Select the option to Cast.
- If Cast appears, select the Cast tab from the Sources drop-down menu.
- Then, select Chromecast TV from the drop-down menu.
- Your Chromecast will refresh and start once the connection is established.
How to Setup Chromecast on Smart TV to Watch HBO Max
Follow the below steps if you want to setup Chromecast on Smart TV to watch HBO Max using your smartphone:
- On your smartphone, open the HBO Max app.
- Tap the Google cast button (Inactive cast extension) on the upper right corner to watch a movie or TV show.
- Start watching HBO Max in Ultra HD by selecting your TV from the list of connected devices.
How to Watch HBO Max on Chromecast with Google TV?
You can always conduct a standard cast with Google TV using a Chromecast, but many of you will want to use the Google TV user experience. Here’s how to use Google TV and Chromecast to watch HBO Max!
- Turn on your TV.
- Go to the Home screen, click on search, or press the Google Assistant button on your remote.
- Then type ‘HBO Max’ on the search bar.
- The app will be displayed on a page.
- Then download and install the app.
- Open the app, log in, and stream your favorite HBO Max show.
Things to Consider to Watch HBO Max on Chromecast from Anywhere
Below are the things that you need to consider to watch HBO Max on Chromecast:
- Chromecast dongle or TV
- HBO Max app on your Android or iOS device
- PC/Laptop with the latest version of Chrome browser
- Active HBO Max account/subscription
- Wi-Fi access
5 Best HBO Max VPNs in 2023 to use Chromecast in Geo-restricted Countries:
Here is the list of the best VPNs in 2023 to watch HBO Max on Chromecast outside USA
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch HBO Max on Chromecast
We all want the fastest possible connection because if a VPN network does not provide a fast connection, investing time and money in it is pointless. ExpressVPN covers a large portion of the globe, with over 3000 servers located around the world with fast connections to experience a connection with fewer troubles and more trustworthy and reliable policies to boost the user’s online experience and encrypt their online movement.
It has a fast speed and all the top-notch security protocols and policies, such as AES-256-bit encryption technology, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero Log Policies, which prevent service providers from keeping any repository of their users’ online actions for their benefit and privacy enhancement.
Other privacy standards are in place on the network, such as WireGuard, which checks the security layers to ensure that consumers experience a connection with fewer privacy problems. You can also access Hulu and Disney Plus on Chromecast in geo-restricted regions with a single click if you are outside the United States.
CyberGhost – Safe VPN to Access HBO Max on Chromecast
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and extensive services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. For example, providing 73.41 Mbps downloading speed in the United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as the kill switch feature and split tunneling, ensuring you completely protect your data.
CyberGhost provides 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. CyberGhost costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years, but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Watch HBO Max on Chromecast
NordVPN is an excellent option for people who wish to keep on a tight budget because it is free. NordVPN has covered all the major security protocols and policies in that price tag, including AES 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
It also has split tunneling for dividing data into bits to observe a transparent connection with fewer loopholes, as well as an Active DNS server, where the user’s real IP address is changed to a dynamic one and no IP leak is responsible for maintaining the originality of the data.
NordVPN’s security protocol can unblock any geo-restricted website while keeping it secure, and its quick accessibility has made it easier for customers to spend and have fun. Meanwhile, other essential measures remain in place, such as the stringent Zero Log policy to strengthen the connection and encrypt users’ online activity, as well as instant masking of IP addresses and physical addresses with the help of a DNS server.
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Watch HBO Max on Chromecast
With over 3,200 servers scattered over 64 countries, it offers a global server network, quickly becoming one of its most essential characteristics. These figures have risen in the last year. When it comes to security and privacy, Surfshark offers AES 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, Split tunneling, DNS server, and a kill switch to inform users of connection disruptions so they can continue working and rejoin the server for faster connectivity and a more secure network.
Surfshark also has no restrictions on numerous logins and allows users to observe a connection while their privacy is protected. It offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account and has the most economical 2-year price plan of $2.49/mo.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access HBO Max on Chromecast
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries, providing many options. It also supports unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. In addition, AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 day hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies, including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard and security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Why do you need a VPN to watch HBO Max on Chromecast?
HBO Max is an American subscription platform that only allows users who live in the United States to watch their favorite HBO Max on Chromecast devices. However, if you live outside of the United States, your request will be blocked, and you won’t be able to watch your favorite episodes. So whenever you try to watch HBO Max on Chromecast without a premium VPN, you will get the following geo-restricted error,
Sorry, HBO MAX isn’t available in your region yet.
For your convenience, you can choose a secure VPN to watch HBO Max on Chromecast with a masked IP address and an encrypted physical location. It’s always a good idea to use a high-quality VPN to hide your IP address because free VPNs have a lot of flaws in their connections, making the users’ experience terrible.
How to Fix HBO Max not working on Chromecast [Quick Fixes]
If you are having a hard time connecting or streaming HBO Max content using Chromecast, then here are a few quick fixes to help you resolve this issue:
- Check Servers for HBO Max within the USA.
- Try Watching Another Movie/Show.
- Check Your Chromecast’s Name.
- Re-Login to Your HBO Max Account.
- Check and Reset Your Internet Connection.
- Clear Chromecast Cache and Data.
- Use Chrome Browser to Watch HBO Max.
- Check for the updates on HBO Max App.
- Update Your Chromecast Device.
- Reinstall the HBO Max App.
If none of the fix’s work, then Report the Problem to HBO Max.
What Other Streaming Services Does Chromecast Support?
Besides HBO Max, here is the list of other streaming services that are available on Chromecast:
What can I Watch on HBO Max on Chromecast?
You can binge-watch these movies and shows on HBO Max on your Chromecast device to witness a cherished time yourself!
- Friends Reunion (Watch Friends Reunion Online)
- Justice League The Matrix
- The Graduate
- Made for Love
- Raised by Wolves
- Infinity Train
- Love Life
- It’s a Sin
- The Lord of Rings
- Crazy Rich Asians
- A Star is Born
- The Wizard of Oz
- Pulp Fiction
- Doom Patrol, Season 3
- The Way Down
- The Many Saints of Newark
- Matrix (Watch Matrix on HBO Max)
- Gossip Girl, Season 1, Part 2
- Sort Of
- Matrix 4
- And Just Like That…
- DC Super Hero High
- The Sex Lives of College Girls
FAQs on HBO Max on Chromecast
Is HBO Max Chromecast compatible?
Following the instructions, you can cast content to your TV from your phone or tablet.
Why is Chromecast not working?
There can be two reasons why HBO Max is not working on Chromecast. The first reason can be that your streaming device and your Chromecast are not connected to the same network, which is why you are facing this issue. It is mandatory for both devices to be connected to the same network to work. The second reason can be that your Chromecast device is outdated, and you should update it before trying to stream HBO Max.
Other than these, you can also try routine checks like clearing your Chromecast and Browser cache, rebooting your Chromecast, and restarting your internet router.
Is HBO Max available on Chromecast?
Yes HBO Max is available on Chromecast, including the Amazon Fire Stick, Xbox One, Roku devices, PCs, PS4 and PS5 consoles, Macs, Android, and iOS devices.
Can I watch HBO Max on multiple devices?
Yes, HBO Max offers up to 5 devices to its users, and thus you can watch HBO Max on multiple devices simultaneously.
And that’s all for today! I hope you enjoyed finding out how to use your Chromecast to watch HBO Max and the 5 best VPNs to access HBO Max on Chromecast from anywhere. So, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them on the platform, as We always welcome user queries.