Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can you watch Hulu on Chromecast outside USA? No, you cannot watch Hulu on Chromecast outside USA unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is Hulu available on Chromecast outside the USA? No, Hulu is unavailable on Chromecast outside the USA because of the geo-restriction. However, you can use a premium VPN to get around the geo-restriction. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has 23+ lightning-fast US servers.
How to Watch Hulu on Chromecast Outside USA [Quick Steps Feb 2024]
Can you get Hulu on Chromecast outside the USA? You can get Hulu on Chromecast outside the USA with a premium VPN. Follow these steps to stream Hulu on Chromecast:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has incredible unblocking capabilities.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN App on your streaming device.
- Connect to a secure US server. We recommend the Dallas server.
- Download Hulu App on your device.
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi as your Chromecast.
- Select the Cast icon in the Hulu App.
- Choose your Chromecast from the list of devices.
- Enjoy streaming Hulu on Chromecast outside the USA.
Why Do You Need VPN to Watch Hulu on Chromecast?
Is Hulu blocked on Chromecast outside the USA? Yes, the licensing agreements block Hulu on Chromecast outside the USA. Unfortunately, it is still not accessible outside the USA.
So, whenever you try to access Hulu on your Chromecast outside the United States, you’ll get the following geo-restriction error:
“Hulu is not available to watch in your location”.
To bypass the geo-restriction error, you must use a premium VPN. It will mask your local IP with an American IP to give the impression that you are accessing Hulu from the USA. The most recommended VPN to trick Hulu location firewalls is ExpressVPN.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch Hulu on Chromecast [Quick Overview February 2024]
Is Hulu available internationally? No, Hulu is not available internationally because of copyright policies. However, you can stream Hulu on Chromecast with a premium VPN. Take a quick overview of the best Hulu VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: It has over 3000 fast servers worldwide and 25 highly optimized server locations in the USA. ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Hulu on Chromecast. Its offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package. Moreover, it also offers three months of free usage, a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, and high-end encryption.
- NordVPN: It is the most reliable VPN to watch Hulu on Chromecast. It has 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It has 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. You can purchase NordVPN’s two-year subscription for $3.71 per month. Moreover, you will get 72% off + 3 months FREE and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN to watch Hulu on Chromecast. You can purchase Surfshark’s 2-year subscription for $2.49/month. It has 3200+ servers in 60+ countries. It offers 24/7 customer support, a strict no-log policy, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
How to Watch Hulu on Chromecast Outside USA through Smart Phone?
Here is how you can watch Hulu on Chromecast from your smartphone.
- Get ExpressVPN and connect to a secure US server.
- Install the Hulu app for Android or the Hulu app for iOS on your phone or tablet. You must install Google Home to set up and control your Chromecast device on your phone.
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device to make it connect to your Chromecast.
- Scroll down, and select the device listed under the room you allocated it to, with the name you provided.
- On your mobile device, open the Hulu app and search for and play the Hulu video you want to cast.
- The Cast app will appear at the top of the window.
- To start casting it to your Chromecast device, tap that symbol.
- A new window will open with a list of Chromecast devices you can cast. The video will begin streaming to the TV when you tap the Chromecast.
- Tap the same Cast symbol at the top of the video on your mobile phone to stop casting.
- Tap Stop Casting on the next screen.
How to Watch Hulu on Chromecast Outside USA via PC?
Follow these steps to get Hulu on Chromecast outside the USA through a PC:
- Get ExpressVPN and connect to a secure US server.
- Ensure your Chromecast is powered and linked to your computer’s Wi-Fi network.
- Connect it to an HDMI port on your TV.
- Log into your Hulu account using the Chrome browser on your computer. Locate the video you wish to watch and begin watching it.
- A Chromecast icon can be found in the lower right corner of the screen. (It resembles a display with three curved lines in the corner).
- Select the Chromecast icon to begin casting to a Chromecast device on your network.
- You’ll find a list of Chromecast devices in the upper right corner of the window.
- You’ll see your Chromecast device connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- When you choose a Chromecast device from this list, the video will begin casting to that device right away.
Things to Consider to Watch Hulu on Chromecast
Below are the things you must consider when watching Hulu on Chromecast:
- Hulu Account: Sign up for a Hulu account if you don’t already have one. A free Hulu with Chromecast account would be okay. However, a subscription account will provide additional content and an ad-free viewing experience.
- Chromecast Device: You’ll need to get a Chromecast device. You can connect to 2 GHz Wi-Fi networks with the first generation. With the second generation, you can connect to both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks. You can broadcast high-definition content to a 4K HDTV with a Chromecast Ultra. Hulu can be cast to any Chromecast device.
- Casting Device: Hulu can be watched on Chromecast via a computer (Windows or Mac), a smartphone, or a Smart TV.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Chromecast [Editor’s Top Picks February 2024]
Does Hulu work on Chromecast? Yes, Hulu does work on Chromecast through a premium VPN. After testing 40+ VPNs, we have highlighted the best Hulu VPNs:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Hulu on Chromecast from an Unsupported Region
It is regarded as the fastest among the most high-quality VPNs for Hulu. It provides limitless bandwidth on American servers, allowing you to stream Hulu on Chromecast without buffering or lags.
It has over 3000 fast servers in 90 locations, including 300 in the United States. It can unblock Hulu and other popular streaming services from anywhere.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas.
NordVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu on Chromecast from Anywhere
NordVPN is a reliable VPN for watching Hulu TV episodes and movies on Chromecast. It has over 1900 active US servers that swiftly unblock Hulu on Chromecast from any location.
It has more than 5400 servers in 50 different locations. It enables you to stream Hulu on Chromecast from anywhere at any time. NordVPN also has a Media Streamer service. It allows you to connect to the VPN on devices that don’t have inbuilt VPN software.
Speed is good; you can connect up to 6 devices simultaneously with a single subscription. You can purchase NordVPN’s 2-year plan for $3.30/mo. Moreover, you will get a 72% discount and three months FREE via NordVPN’s 2-year plan. You’ll get this supplier’s ten simultaneous connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami.
Surfshark – Low-Cost VPN to Watch Hulu on Chromecast from Geo-Restricted Region
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN allowing you to watch Hulu on your Chromecast outside the United States. It has over 100 servers in the United States to unblock Hulu on Chromecast from anywhere.
It offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account and has the most economical 2-year price plan of $2.49/mo. This VPN service allows infinite simultaneous connections and gives a 30-day money-back guarantee.
It has over 3200 servers in over 60 locations.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit.
How to Play Hulu on Chromecast with Google TV?
You can always conduct a standard casting with Google TV using a Chromecast. However, most of you are comfortable with Google. Here’s how to use Google TV and Chromecast to watch Hulu:
- Turn on your TV.
- Go to the Home screen, click on search, or press the Google Assistant button on your remote.
- Then type ‘Hulu’ on the search bar.
- The app will be displayed on the page.
- Then download and install the app.
- Open the app, log in, and stream your favorite Hulu show.
How to Fix the ‘Hulu Chromecast Not Working’ Issue? [Quick Fixes Feb 2024]
Use these quick fixes if Hulu is not working on Chromecast:
- Check the servers for Hulu.
- Try watching another Movie/Show.
- Check your Chromecast name.
- Re-login to your Hulu account.
- Check and reset your internet connection.
- Clear Chromecast cache and data.
- Use Chrome browser to watch Hulu.
- Check for the updates on the Hulu app.
- Update your Chromecast device.
- Reinstall the Hulu app.
Note: If none of the fixes works, report the problem to Hulu customer support.
How Much is Hulu on Chromecast?
As a cord cutter, you must be wondering how much does Hulu cost? The following is the price of Hulu:
|Hulu (No Ads)
|Hulu + Live TV (Includes ESPN+ and Disney+ Bundle)
|Hulu + Live TV (No-free) (Includes ESPN+ and Disney+ Bundle)
|Price in USD
|Its commercials may irritate customers, making it a fundamental and least-considered plan.
|It is far more advanced than the basic package. In that case, it is the most suitable for customers annoyed by interruptions from advertisements.
|Despite being somewhat pricey, it offers users a Live TV function and 50 hours of cloud-based DVR storage.
|It is considered the perfect plan for Hulu users who want no distractions while watching their favorite movies, shows, and live TV programs.
What other devices, except for Chromecast, can I watch Hulu on?
You can watch Hulu on the following devices other than Chromecast:
- LG TV (select models)
- Fire Tablets
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Fire TV/Fire TV Stick
- Echo Show (8, 10, and 15)
- Roku (select model)
- PC Browsers
- Samsung TV (select models)
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
What are the Top 10 shows on Hulu on Chromecast?
Following are the most-watched and top 10 shows on Hulu on Chromecast:
- Tiny Beautiful Things (2023 – Present)
- Under the Banner of Heaven (2022)
- Great Expectations (2023)
- Not Dead Yet (2023 – Present)
- Unprisoned (2023 – Present)
- History of the World – Part II (2023 – Present)
- Hardy Boys (2020 – 2023)
- Extraordinary (2023 – Present)
- The 1916 Project (2023)
- Superstore (2015 – 2021)
Which Live Channels are available on Hulu on Chromecast?
Following is the list of live channels available on Hulu on Chromecast:
|BET, Comedy Central, Bravo, Freeform, E!, and Lifetime.
|ABC News, Fox News, The Weather Channel, CNBC, and MSNBC.
|NASA, National Geographic, History, and Discovery.
|ESC, BTN, ACCN, ESPN, and FS1.
|Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Boomerang, Universal Kids, and Cartoon Network.
Hulu on Chromecast – FAQs
Is Hulu compatible with Chromecast?
Yes, Hulu can be downloaded, installed, and streamed on Google Chromecast.
Is it safe to watch Hulu on Chromecast with a VPN?
Yes, watching Hulu on Chromecast with a VPN is completely safe because it reroutes the traffic through a VPN tunnel and prevents data leaks.
How do I get the Chromecast button on Hulu?
To get the Chromecast button on Hulu, ensure the smartphone/tablet, and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Start the Hulu app from your connected device. Choose the content you want to watch; on the top right corner, you will see a Cast button.
Why is the Chromecast icon not showing up on Hulu?
The Chromecast icon might not be showing on Hulu because of the outdated browser. Update your Chrome Browser > Make sure your Chromecast device and laptop are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The Cast button will be displayed in the overflow area. If you have multiple extensions on your browser, the cast button may be displayed in the button overflow area.
Does Hulu not support Chromecast?
Yes, Hulu supports Chromecast. All you need is an Android phone, iPhone, iPad, or Android tablet to run the latest version of the Hulu App.
Why won’t my apps find my Chromecast?
Your apps cannot find the Chromecast because of the vulnerable internet connection. Also, ensure that the Chromecast is within 15-20 feet of the device used for mirroring the screen. Verify the color of the LED light.
How do I watch Streaming on Chromecast?
You can watch live and on-demand streaming on Chromecast with the following steps:
- Plug in Chromecast on your device.
- Visit Chromecast.com/setup.
- Connect Chromecast to a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Cast button in a cast-enabled application.
Why is Hulu asking for a pin for Chromecast?
A 4-digit PIN code is required to connect to a Chromecast in guest mode. When a device in a nearby radius tries to connect, the Chromecast automatically transfers that PIN through short, inaudible audio tones. If the audio pairing fails, you must manually pair it with a 4-digit PIN.
What Other Streaming Services Does Chromecast Support?
Besides Hulu, here is the list of other streaming services that are available on Chromecast:
Why isn’t Hulu working on my Chromecast?
Hulu not working on Chromecast is frequently the result of a network or software issue. Other variables that could be causing this issue include server issues, corrupted files, and third-party apps.
What does it mean to link Hulu to Chromecast?
The Chromecast can connect to your home Wi-Fi and network with any smartphone with the Chromecast software installed. Hulu (and Hulu with Live TV), among a plethora of other content providers, is one of them.
Which Hulu subscription package allows you to download content?
The only subscription option that allows you to download and watch material offline is Hulu (No Ads).
Hulu supports how many hours of cloud DVR storage?
Users of Hulu+ Live TV will have access to up to 50 hours of cloud DVR storage recording.
We did our best to assemble the most up-to-date information on how to watch Hulu on Chromecast. Moreover, we have also shared a list of the best VPNs to watch Hulu on Google Chromecast from anywhere.
We recommend ExpressVPN because it has optimized servers. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them on the platform. We always welcome user queries.
Also, read the following: