Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Don’t you want to know how to watch Hulu on Chromecast? Then, have a look at the guide below on how to cast your favorite Hulu content to your TV along with the newest features, Add-ons, and Hulu with Live TV.
How to Watch Hulu on Chromecast outside USA [Quick Guide]
Those who live in US can skip the first three steps because the service is already available in US and there is no need to use a VPN. So, here’s how to watch Hulu on Chromecast devices outside USA.
- Download and subscribe to a credible VPN (I highly recommend ExpressVPN)
- Open the VPN software and sign in with your account credentials on your device.
- Select the USA server from the drop-down menu.
Then continue doing the below steps if you want to watch Hulu on Chromecast using Smart Phone or PC.
Using Smart Phone:
- Install the Hulu app for Android or the Hulu app for iOS on your phone or tablet. If you want to set up and control your Chromecast device with your phone, you’ll also need to make sure you have Google Home installed.
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device to make sure it can connect to your Chromecast.
- Scroll down, and select the device listed under the room you allocated it to, with the name you provided it.
- On your mobile device, open the Hulu app and search for and play the Hulu video you want to cast.
- The Cast app will appear at the top of the window.
- To start casting it to your Chromecast device, tap that symbol.
- A new window will open with a list of Chromecast devices to which you can cast. The video will begin streaming to the TV as soon as you tap the Chromecast.
- Simply tap the same Cast symbol at the top of the video on your mobile phone to stop casting, and then tap Stop Casting on the next screen.
- Make sure your Chromecast is powered up and linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer by connecting it to an HDMI port on your TV.
- Log into your Hulu account using the Chrome browser on your computer. Locate the video you wish to watch and begin watching it.
- A Chromecast icon can be found in the lower right corner of the screen (it looks like a display with three curved lines in the corner).
- To begin casting to a Chromecast device on your network, select Chromecast icon.
- In the upper right corner of the window, you’ll find a list of Chromecast devices.
- You’ll see your Chromecast device connected to your Wi-Fi network in this list if it’s connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- When you choose a Chromecast device from this list, the video will begin casting to that device right away.
Things to Consider to Watch Hulu on Chromecast
Below are the things that you must need to consider to watch Hulu on Chromecast:
- Hulu Account: Sign up for a Hulu account if you don’t already have one. A free Hulu account would be okay, but a subscription account will provide you with additional content as well as an ad-free viewing experience.
- Chromecast Device: You’ll need to get a Chromecast device. You can connect to 2 GHz Wi-Fi networks with the first generation, and you can connect to both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks with the second generation. You can broadcast high-definition content to a 4K HDTV with a Chromecast Ultra. Hulu can be cast to any Chromecast device.
- Casting Device: Hulu can be watch on Chromecast via a computer (Windows or Mac), a smartphone, or a Smart TV.
Best VPNs in 2021 To Watch Hulu on Chromecast in Geo-restricted Countries:
Here is the list of the best VPNs in 2021 to watch Hulu on Chromecast outside USA:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Hulu on Chromecast from an unsupported region
Among the most high-quality VPNs for Hulu, it is regarded as the fastest. On American servers, it provides limitless bandwidth, allowing you to stream Hulu on Chromecast without buffering or lags.
This VPN service has over 3000 fast servers in 90 locations, including 300 in the United States, that can unblock Hulu and other popular streaming services from anywhere in the world. It has specific software for Chromecast, Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, among other platforms.
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN to Watch Hulu on Chromecast from geo-restricted region
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN that allows you to watch Hulu on your Chromecast outside of the United States. It has over 100 servers in the United States to unblock Hulu on Chromecast from anywhere. It offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account and has the most economical 2-year price plan of $2.49/mo.
This VPN service allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous connections and gives a 30-day money-back guarantee. It has over 3200 servers in over 60 locations.
NordVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu on Chromecast from anywhere
NordVPN is a reliable VPN for watching Hulu TV episodes and movies on Chromecast. It has over 1900 active US servers that swiftly unblock Hulu on Chromecast from any location.
It has more than 5400 servers in 50 different locations, allowing you to stream Hulu on Chromecast from anywhere at any time. NordVPN also has a MediaStreamer service that allows you to connect to the VPN on devices that don’t have an inbuilt VPN software.
The speed is good, and you can connect up to 6 devices at once with a single subscription, which costs $3.30/mo (VPN Awareness Month – 2-year plan @ 72% discount + 3 months FREE) via NordVPN’s 2-year plan. You’ll get ten simultaneous connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee with this supplier.
Why do you need VPN to watch Hulu on Chromecast?
Hulu is gradually spreading its network all over the globe, but unfortunately, it is still not accessible outside USA because of its geo-blocking policies. But the good news is you can access it with the help of a reliable VPN and I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
So, whenever you try to access Hulu on your Chromecast from a country other than United States, you’ll get the following geo-restriction error:
“Hulu is not available to watch in your location.”
To do so, you must change your IP address to US server where Hulu is available. This process demands the use of a high-quality VPN.
How to Watch Hulu on Chromecast with Google TV?
You can always conduct a standard cast with Google TV using a Chromecast, but many of you will want to use the Google TV user experience. Here’s how to use Google TV and Chromecast to watch Hulu!
- Turn on your TV.
- Go to the Home screen and click on search or press the Google Assistant button on your remote.
- Then type ‘Hulu’ on the search bar.
- The app will be displayed on a page.
- Then download and install the app.
- Open the app, log in, and start streaming your favorite Hulu show.
How to Fix Hulu Chromecast, not working issue [Quick Fixes]
If you are having a hard time connecting or streaming Hulu content using Chromecast devices, then here are few quick fixes to help you resolve this issue:
- Check Servers for Hulu.
- Try Watching Another Movie/Show.
- Check Your Chromecast’s Name.
- Re-Login to Your Hulu Account.
- Check and Reset Your Internet Connection.
- Clear Chromecast Cache and Data.
- Use Chrome Browser to Watch Hulu.
- Check for the updates on Hulu App.
- Update Your Chromecast Device.
- Reinstall the Hulu App.
If none of the fix’s work, then Report the Problem to Hulu.
What Other Streaming Services Does Chromecast Support?
Besides Hulu, here is the list of other streaming services that are available on Chromecast:
What can I Watch on Hulu on Chromecast?
Hulu also offers over 65 network TV channels, which you can live-stream for $64.99 per month if you choose the Hulu + Live TV subscription plan. This allows you to stay up to date on news and sports, as well as watch a variety of shows from many of the major television networks.
With the basic subscription, you can also watch and access Hulu’s extensive collection for $5.99 per month. It has over 2,000 movies in its collection, ranging from current releases to classics, as well as over 1,000 TV shows, various documentaries and children’s shows, and a constantly updated selection of fresh content. Here’s a list of the best content to watch on Hulu on Chromecast:
- Iron Man
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Marvel’s Agents of Shield
- The Mandalorian
- Once Upon a Time
- Diary of a Future President
- High School Musical: The Musical – The Series
- Marvel Hero Project
- The Right Stuff
- Day in the Life
- Up to Speed
- Don’t Quit Your Daydream
- We Got Next
- The Beatles: Eight Days a Week.
- The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
I did my best to assemble the most up-to-date information and guide regarding how to watch Hulu on Chromecast as well to help you connect to a credible VPN if you are watching Hulu outside US.
I hope you enjoyed learning how to use your Chromecast to watch Hulu. So, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them on the platform, as I always welcome user queries.