Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Are you experiencing the issue of watching Hulu on Firestick from anywhere in the world, then you are not alone because most of the users come across this problem? Hulu and Amazon’s Fire Stickwork together to form a powerful duo, combining a top-tier streaming service with exclusive content with a portable TV dongle that lets you watch your favorite Hulu shows on the go. Continue reading to learn how to get started.
How to Watch Hulu on Firestick Outside USA [Quick Guide]
Those who live in the US can skip the first three steps because the service is already available in the US and there is no need to use a VPN. So, here’s how to watch Hulu on a Firestick device outside the USA.
- Launch your TV with a Firestick device.
- Download and subscribe to a credible VPN (I highly recommend ExpressVPN)
- Open the VPN software and sign in with your account credentials on your Firestick device.
- Select the USA server from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Firestick Home Screen once you’ve connected to the US server and type “Hulu” into the search bar.
- Now select the Hulu app from the “APPS & GAMES” option.
- The app will be downloaded and installed when you click “Get”
- After the installation, you will get the option to open the Hulu app or place the app on the home screen first.
- Once it’s finished, head over to your Firestick’s home screen and open the Hulu app.
- Start enjoying your favorite content by opening the app and signing in with your Hulu account.
Quick Overview of the Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Firestick
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 25 highly optimized servers in the USA. It offers is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 45-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Hulu on Firestick that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee
5 Best VPNs in 2022 To Watch Hulu on Firestick in Geo-restricted Countries
Here is the list of the best VPNs in 2022 to watch Hulu on Firestick outside USA:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Hulu on Firestick from an unsupported region
Among the most high-quality VPNs for Hulu, it is regarded as the fastest. On American servers, it provides limitless bandwidth, allowing you to stream Hulu on Firestick without buffering or lags.
This VPN service has over 3000 fast servers in 90 locations, including 300 in the United States, that can unblock Hulu and other popular streaming services from anywhere in the world. It has specific software for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, among other platforms.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Hulu on Firestick
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu on Firestick from anywhere
NordVPN is a reliable VPN for watching Hulu TV episodes and movies on Firestick. It has over 1900 active US servers that swiftly unblock Hulu on Firestick from any location.
It has more than 5400 servers in 50 different locations, allowing you to stream Hulu on Firestick from anywhere at any time. NordVPN also has a MediaStreamer service that allows you to connect to the VPN on devices that don’t have an inbuilt VPN software.
The speed is good, and you can connect up to 6 devices at once with a single subscription, which costs $3.30/mo (VPN Awareness Month – 2-year plan @ 72% discount + 3 Months FREE) via NordVPN’s 2-year plan. You’ll get ten simultaneous connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee with this supplier.
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN to Watch Hulu on Firestick from geo-restricted region
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN that allows you to watch Hulu on your Firestick outside of the United States. It has over 100 servers in the United States to unblock Hulu on Firestick from anywhere. It offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account and has the most economical 2-year price plan of $2.49/mo.
This VPN service allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous connections and gives a 30-day money-back guarantee. It has over 3200 servers in over 60 locations.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access Hulu on Firestick
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Why do you need VPN to watch Hulu on Firestick?
Hulu is gradually spreading its network all over the globe, but unfortunately, it is still not accessible outside the USA because of its geo-blocking policies. But the good news is you can access it with the help of a reliable VPN and I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
So, whenever you try to access Hulu on your Firestick from a country other than United States, you’ll get the following geo-restriction error:
“Hulu is not available to watch in your location”.
To do so, you must change your IP address to a US server where Hulu is available. This process demands the use of a high-quality VPN.
How to Set up Amazon Fire Stick to your TV?
The most basic need for using the Fire Stick is that you have an Amazon account. However, follow the below steps to set up Amazon Fire Stick to your TV:
- Connect the Fire Stick to the HDMI connector on your television.
- Press the play button on your remote control.
- Then select your preferred language.
- Connect to the internet via Wi-Fi and enter your password. The Firestick will now begin to boot up.
- Choose default registration information once it’s been started.
- Amazon will remember your password. If necessary, you can set up parental controls.
- Choose from a list of Firestick apps and download Hulu.
How to Fix Hulu Problems on Firestick [Detailed]
You may experience some difficulties when using Hulu on your Firestick device. Hulu isn’t exempt from problems. Let’s take a look at your options if Hulu isn’t working for you. These are minor issues that can be remedied by attempting the following fixes:
- Update the App: It’s conceivable that the app you were using was out of date and that your Firestick no longer supported it. The simplest way to resolve this issue is to update both Hulu and your VPN software, and then try streaming Hulu again.
- Modify the Server: It’s possible that the server you’re connected to has gone down. Connecting to other compatible servers can help you solve the problem.
- Disconnect and Reconnect VPN: Before reconnecting, disconnect the server and turn off your VPN. Then restart the computer and connect to a working server. This works in an odd way every now and again.
- Reinstall both the Apps: If nothing else works, reinstall the Hulu and VPN apps and try watching Hulu again.
How to fix Hulu loading issue on Firestick?
If you’re still having issues after performing normal troubleshooting, consider the following steps:
- Select both Clear Cache and Clear Data from Settings > Applications > Hulu.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Hulu > Uninstall to uninstall the Hulu app.
- After you’ve finished removing the Hulu app, you can reinstall it by heading to Search > typing “Hulu” > Download.
How to fix Hulu buffering issue on Fire TV Stick from Amazon?
If you’re having issues with stuttering or buffering while watching videos, try the instructions below.
- Turn off the Amazon Fire Stick for a minute before turning it back on.
- You must first uninstall and then reinstall the Hulu app.
- Turn off and disconnect any devices for approximately 5 minutes before turning them back on.
- Install and reinstall the Hulu app.
How to get Hulu + Live TV on your Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Users can’t download video from Hulu + Live TV or any other streaming provider using the Amazon Fire TV Stick. The Hulu live service includes a cloud digital video recorder (DVR) with 50 hours of storage space.
With the Enhanced DVR add-on, which costs an extra $9.99/mo., you can get 200 hours of storage space and the ability to fast-forward through commercials. While some live streaming services, such as Hulu + Live TV, do not allow clients to download their material, many others do. Its on-demand Hulu shows also allow for offline downloads.
How to restart Hulu on Fire TV Stick?
Restart Hulu by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu. This totally shuts down the application, terminating any background functions that may be causing it to freeze.
Restart the Fire Stick: If the Fire TV remote isn’t working, you can try resetting the Fire Stick. Unplug your Fire Stick from the HDMI connector on your TV, wait a few seconds, and then reconnect it. This is a simple method of restarting both the device and the apps at the same time.
Reset the device with the Fire TV controller: The Fire Stick may be out of reach if your TV is set high on the wall. In that scenario, press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on the remote to restart it. The Fire Stick will restart after around five seconds.
Clear the cache and data on Fire Stick: While processing trash files, your Fire Stick may crash. Clearing the cache and data removes any superfluous data from the device. Hulu may be found under Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Apps > Hulu. There are two options there: Clear cache and Clear data. You can do these in any sequence.
Reset the Fire Stick to its default settings: If Hulu is still not operating properly after following the steps above, you can try restarting your Fire Stick. This will wipe your Fire Stick clean of all apps and data. After that, you’ll need to log in with your Amazon account again.
Is Hulu + Live TV available on older Amazon Fire TV Stick models?
Hulu + Live TV is also available on current Amazon Fire TV devices, in addition to the Amazon Fire TV Stick. The Amazon Fire TV Cube, Amazon Fire TV Recast, and Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K are all included. Hulu + Live TV, on the other hand, isn’t compatible with older Amazon Fire TV devices like:
- Kindle Fire HDX and HDX WAN (2013)
- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2013)
- Fire (2015)
- Fire 7 (2017)
- Fire HD 6 (2014)
- Fire HD 7 (2014)
- Fire HD 8 (2015, 2016, and 2017)
- Fire HD 8 (2017)
- Fire HD 10 (2015 and 2017)
- Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2014)
What Other Streaming Services Does Firestick Support?
Besides Hulu, here is the list of other streaming services that are available on Firestick:
- Disney Plus (watch Disney Plus on Firestick)
- BBC iPlayer
FAQs on Hulu on Firestick
Is Hulu compatible with Firestick?
Yes, Hulu is fully compatible with Amazon’s Fire Stick.
Is Hulu available in Firestick?
Is Hulu available for free with Amazon Prime?
No, if you want to use Hulu on Amazon Prime, you’ll need to purchase an add-on. You’ll have to pay an extra $7.99 per month for the Hulu app on top of your Amazon Prime subscription, which is $8.25 a month.
How can I get Hulu on my Firestick?
To update Hulu on your Firestick, follow the below steps
- Go to Settings and then click on Application.
- Select Manage Installed Applications.
- Then click on Hulu.
- Click on an update.
- Then the app will be updated within a few minutes.
Hulu is a popular on-demand video streaming service. By following this step-by-step instruction, you can now stream Hulu on your Firestick. On the Amazon App Store, you can get the Hulu app.
Also, please let me know if you have any questions in the comments section below.