Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can you watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV outside USA? No, you cannot watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV outside USA unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is Hulu available on Samsung Smart TV outside USA? No, Hulu is not available on Samsung Smart TV because of the geo-restriction. However, you can watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV outside USA with a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Hulu is a renowned US-based streaming service. It has a dedicated application for major streaming devices. You can download Hulu App on Samsung Smart TV through its content store. If you are living outside USA, you must use a premium VPN to download Hulu App on Samsung Smart TV.
Read this guide to watch Hulu on Samsung TV in geo-restricted regions with the best VPN services.
How to Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV [Step-by-Step Guide in May 2023]
Can I get Hulu App on Samsung Smart TV? Yes, you can get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV with the following steps:
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and connect it to your Wi-fi.
- Press the Home button on your remote to access the Smart Hub option.
- Hover over the Magnifying glass to the search bar in the top-right corner.
- Select Apps, and search for the latest Hulu App.
- Click the Download Now option to install Hulu App on Samsung Smart TV.
- Once Hulu App is installed on your Samsung Smart TV, activate it to binge-watch globally-recognized shows on Hulu.
Note: You can watch Hulu Live on Samsung Smart TV with the same steps. You need to access its live stream after you run Hulu on Samsung Smart TV.
How to Get Hulu on Your Old Samsung Smart TV?
How do I download Hulu to my old Samsung TV? Follow the easy steps below to watch Hulu on an older Samsung TV.
- On your remote, press the Internet @ TV button.
- Select the content view option.
- Now the list of available apps for your TV will appear on your screen.
- Select the search bar and find Hulu App.
- Click on the Hulu App.
- Click the Download Now button.
- Once Hulu is installed, open it.
- Now sign in with your credentials to enjoy streaming Hulu on your Smart TV.
Note: Hulu supports Samsung TV from 2016 or later.
How to Get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in Geo-restricted Countries?
How do I get Hulu on my Samsung Smart TV in geo-restricted regions? Follow these steps to get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in geo-restricted countries:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Go to the ExpressVPN DNS settings page.
- Log in with your credentials.
- You are directed to the IP address registration page; now click on the “Register my IP address” Option.
- Visit the ExpressVPN setup page, where you will find your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address, and note it down.
- Press the Menu button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- Click on the Network option and then select Network Status.
- Select IP Settings once the process is finished.
- Now select DNS settings and then click on Enter manually.
- Enter your previously noted MediaStreamer IP address.
- Click on Enter and open the Smart Hub.
- Now search Hulu App on the search bar and download it.
- Sign in with your credentials to enjoy watching Hulu on Samsung Smart TV.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in Geo-restricted Regions?
Hulu is a premium American streaming service that has a fascinating content library. Can you unblock Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in geo-restricted regions without a VPN? You cannot unblock Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in geo-restricted regions without a VPN.
If you try to watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV outside USA without a VPN you will be redirected to a geo-restriction error. Geo-restrictions are enforced by the streaming service to prohibit its access in certain regions.
Hulu has installed powerful firewalls to assess your location and block your access immediately if you are streaming Hulu outside Japan and USA. Therefore, you must use a premium VPN to mask your local IP and trick Hulu location into granting you unlimited access.
The most recommended VPN to watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV is ExpressVPN because it has incredible unblocking capabilities and lightning-fast US servers.
Top 5 VPNs to get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV [Quick Overview – May 2023]
Why is Hulu not available on Samsung Smart TV outside USA? Hulu is not available on Samsung Smart TV outside USA because of the geo-restriction. However, you can stream Hulu on Samsung Smart TV outside USA with a premium VPN. Following is a quick overview of the best Hulu VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: It has over 3000 fast servers across the globe with exceptional security protocols. You can purchase ExpressVPN for $6.67/month with its yearly subscription. It ensures high-end encryption and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers an expansive server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries. It has 1230 highly optimized server locations in the USA. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: It has 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. NordVPN has 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.71/month. With its 2-year plan, you can get 72% off, 3 months additional subscription, and a 30-day refund guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN to watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV. You can purchase Surfshark’s 2-year package for $2.49/month. It has 3200+ servers in 60+ countries and 23 highly optimized USA servers. It offers unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: It has 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA. It offers fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years. In addition, it has 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Activate Hulu on Samsung Smart TV?
Here’s a step-by-step guideline for activating Hulu on Samsung Smart TV:
- Open Hulu App on your
- Select the Sign-in button.
- An activation code will be displayed on your screen.
- Select the Activate on a computer button.
- Go to the Hulu activation link from your computer
- Now login in to get the activation code.
- Enter the activation code on your Samsung Smart TV to activate your Hulu account.
5 Best VPNs to watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV [Detailed Analysis May 2023]
With so many VPNs available in the market, We’ve compiled a list of the top five best VPNs to watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in geo-restricted regions:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN for watching Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
ExpressVPN, the finest VPN of the bunch, has many servers, with over 3000 servers in over 90 countries on its radar. It is one of the most expensive VPNs available. It allows you to unblock Hulu and other geo-restricted streaming services from any location.
Its Media Streamer service gives users access to VPNs on devices that aren’t supported, such as Hulu on Samsung TV. It allows for 5 simultaneous connections per account. You also get a great deal on its yearly subscription: including 12 + 3 months free and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Dallas.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption, the kill switch feature, and split tunneling.
CyberGhost provides 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years. The plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Orlando, Chicago, and Las Vegas.
NordVPN – The most dependable VPN to stream Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
NordVPN has over 5500 servers in over 50 countries. It is the most reliable and trustworthy VPN for unblocking Hulu on Samsung Smart TV in geo-restricted areas.
It also has a SmartDNS feature, which allows you to access Hulu in geo-restricted areas. It allows for six simultaneous connections per account. NordVPN is reasonably priced, with a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami.
Surfshark – The most cost-effective VPN to watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
Surfshark is the most cost-effective VPN available. It has over 3200 servers to unblock streaming services such as Hulu on Apple TV, and Disney Plus on Apple TV.
Its SmartDNS services allow you to set up a VPN on any device that doesn’t have one. Surfshark is unique in that it permits infinite simultaneous connections per account. Despite the low price, all of its price plans and packages come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit.
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries, providing you with many options. It also supports unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with a 30-day hassle-free money-back guarantee. It has the best security protocols, such as a built-in IPSec/IKEv2, WireGuard, SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Recommended Servers: Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York.
How To Update Hulu on Samsung Smart TV?
If you are using an old version of Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV, follow this guide to update it:
- Press Home on your Samsung Smart TV remote and access the Smart Hub.
- Select Apps, and then open the Hulu app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update it.
- Launch the updated Hulu app and enjoy watching your favorite visual content.
Note: you will find a white arrow on a blue background if Hulu has a new update. But if Hulu stops working on your Samsung Smart TV, you might need to update it.
How to Switch Between Hulu Profiles on Samsung Smart TV
You can easily switch your profiles on Hulu on your Samsung smart TV by following the steps below:
- Open the Hulu app on your Samsung TV.
- Navigate to the account icon and select it.
- Now select Profiles from the menu.
- Switch your profile by selecting the preferred profile.
How much is Hulu on Samsung TV?
As a cord cutter, you must be wondering how much does Hulu cost? Following is the price of Hulu:
|Hulu||Hulu (No Ads)||Hulu + Live TV (Includes ESPN+ and Disney+ Bundle)||Hulu + Live TV (No-free) (Includes ESPN+ and Disney+ Bundle)|
|Price in USD||USD 7.99/mo||USD 14.99/mo||USD 69.99/mo||USD 82.99/mo|
|Plan Features||It has commercials that may irritate customers, making it a very basic and least-considered plan.||It is far more advanced than the basic package. In that case, it is the most suitable for customers annoyed by interruptions from advertisements.||It offers users a Live TV function and 50 hours of cloud-based DVR storage, despite being somewhat pricey.||It is considered the perfect plan for Hulu users who want no distractions while watching their favorite movies, shows, and live TV programs.|
What Bundles are offered by Hulu?
In the above section, we have informed you about Hulu prices. If you are a Cord Cutter, the best part is that Hulu offers bundle pricing as well. Following are the Hulu Bundles:
Hulu with Ads (Disney+, ESPN+ & Hulu): The following plan gives you access to Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus. You can enjoy all the content you want, but the plan includes ads. It costs USD 13.99 per month.
Hulu with no Ads (Disney+, ESPN+ & Hulu): The following plan includes unlimited access to Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus and doesn’t include ads. It costs USD 19.99 per month.
Hulu No Ads + Live TV (Hulu, ESPN+ & Disney+): The following plan is ideal for cord-cutters. It includes 85+ channels and unlimited access to live shows, news, events, and sports programs. It costs USD 82.99 per month.
Note: Hulu (With Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (No Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads) subscription plan is no longer available for plan switch or purchase. Existing subscribers can keep the plan if they do not cancel it.
Why is Hulu not Working on your Samsung Smart TV?
You must be wondering why can’t I watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV. You can’t watch Hulu on Samsung TV because of various reasons such as the outdated Hulu App, Older Samsung TV model, and geo-restriction.
However, follow these quick fixes if Hulu isn’t working on Samsung Smart TV:
Fix 1: Clear Cache & Data on Samsung Smart TV
Clear up some space by clearing caches and data, this might fix issues with the app. Follow these steps to clear your Data and Cache on your Samsung Smart TV:
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Select the Home button on your remote TV.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Applications.
- Select Hulu, open it.
- Select the Clear Cache and Clear Data options.
- In case you need more space, then clear caches and data for other apps too.
Fix 2: Reboot your Samsung Smart TV
Rebooting your Samsung Smart TV will instantly fix any temporary issues that you are facing to stream on the Hulu app. Follow these steps to reboot your Samsung Smart TV:
- Press and hold the power button on your TV remote.
- Release the button, once you see the Samsung logo on your smart TV.
- Wait until the TV reboots and try loading Hulu now.
Fix 3: Force Restart your Samsung Smart TV
If rebooting doesn’t fix up Hulu not working on Samsung Smart TV 2023 issue, then try force restarting your Samsung Smart TV. Follow these steps to force restart your Samsung Smart TV:
- Unplug your Samsung Smart TV from the power source.
- Now, wait for 3-5 minutes.
- Then plug it back in to turn on your TV.
- Now open the Hulu app and check if you could use Hulu without issues.
Fix 4: Factory Reset your Samsung Smart TV
If the above methods fail to fix the issue, and still you are wondering Why can’t I get Hulu on my TV? you need to reset your Samsung Smart TV. Follow these steps to reset your Samsung Smart TV:
- Press the Home button to select Settings.
- Choose the Support option.
- Then select the Self Diagnosis option.
- Then click on the Reset button.
- If needed, provide the PIN code and confirm the reset.
What other devices, except for Samsung TV can I watch Hulu on?
Which devices does Hulu support? The following are the alternative streaming devices to Samsung TV:
- Android Devices
- LG TV (select models)
- Fire Tablets
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Fire TV/Fire TV Stick
- Echo Show (8, 10, and 15)
- Roku (select models)
- Mac and PC browsers/apps
- Android TV (select models)
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
What are the Top 20 Movies on Hulu?
Following are the top 20 movies on Hulu:
- Minding the Gap (2018)
- Honeyland (2019)
- Apollo 11 (2019)
- Summer of Soul (2021)
- Collective (2019)
- Shoplifters (2018)
- Amazing Grace (2018)
- The Fight (2020)
- Parasite (2019)
- Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019)
- Nothing Like a Dame (2018)
- Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am (2019)
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Hail Satan? (2019)
- Palm Springs (2020)
- Booksmart (2019)
- Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)
- Mike Wallace is Here (2019)
- Sorry To Bother You (2018)
- Possessor: Uncut (2020)
What are the Top 15 Shows on Hulu?
Following are the top 15 Shows on Hulu:
- Only Murders in the Building (2021)
- Reservation Dogs (2021)
- What We Do in The Shadows (2019)
- PEN15 (2019)
- McCartney 3,2,1 (2021)
- Ramy (2019)
- Solar Opposites (2020)
- America (2020)
- In between (2018)
- Love, Victor (2020)
- Looking for Alaska (2019)
- Normal People (2020)
- This Way Up
- City So Real
- The Bisexual
Which Live Channels are available on Hulu on Samsung Smart TV?
Following is the list of live channels available on Hulu on Samsung Smart TV:
|Entertainment Channels||News Channels||Educational Channels||Sports Channels||Family-Entertainment Channels|
|BET, Comedy Central, Bravo, Freeform, E!, and Lifetime.||ABC News, Fox News, The Weather Channel, CNBC, and MSNBC.||NASA, National Geographic, History, and Discovery.||ESC, BTN, ACCN, ESPN, and FS1.||Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Boomerang, Universal Kids, and Cartoon Network.|
Hulu on Samsung Smart TV – FAQs
Can I watch Hulu Anywhere on Samsung Smart TV?
No, you cannot watch Hulu anywhere on a Samsung Smart TV because of geo-restriction. It is a geo-blocked American streaming service, meaning you can only access it within the USA. If you want to watch Hulu in Australia or Hulu in UK, you must use a premium VPN.
Why can’t I get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV?
You cannot get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV because your TV has not been set in the right region. You can change the region/country of your Smart TV by navigating to Home, Select Settings > Support > Self Diagnostics to troubleshoot the problem effectively.
Can I get Student Discount on Hulu Bundle?
Yes, you can get a student discount on Hulu Bundle. The Hulu Student bundle is available monthly for USD 1.99. You can cancel the following plan anytime you want. You can save 75% with the Hulu student bundle. However, it is an ad-supported plan.
Is Hulu compatible with Samsung Smart TV?
Yes, Hulu works with Samsung Smart TV.
How do I add Hulu to my TV?
You can add Hulu to your Smart TV through the Samsung Content store.
Why does my Smart TV not have Hulu?
Your Smart TV might not have Hulu because it has outdated firmware or it is an older model. To get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV you must update your Smart TV’s firmware.
How to get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV?
You can easily get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV by following the mentioned above steps.
Can I download Hulu to my old Samsung TV?
Yes, of course! All you have to do is follow the simple step-by-step guide if you want to get Hulu on your old Samsung TV.
Can I update Hulu on my older Samsung TV?
Yes, you can update the Hulu app on your older Samsung TV.
What to do when Hulu not working on Samsung Smart TV?
If your Hulu not working on Samsung Smart TV. You can power restart the device. Then Hulu app will start working on it after sorting out the error.
Can I Update Hulu on my old Samsung Smart TV?
If you stream the Hulu app on your old Samsung TV, manually check for an update. Below are the steps to update the Hulu app on your old Samsung TV:
- Press the ‘Menu‘ button on the Samsung TV remote.
- Then select the Support option.
- Click on the Software option.
- Click on the Update option.
- Now select Update Now.
Why is there no Hulu app on my Smart TV?
If you are unable to find the Hulu app on your TV, you can install it on another streaming device such as a gaming console, and connect it to your TV. You can also cast the Hulu app from your Android/iOS device through Chromecast.
Can I watch Hulu without the App?
Yes, you can watch Hulu without the App by browsing its web application. Hulu has full optimized website applications for an extraordinary streaming experience.
Which Samsung TVs are compatible with Hulu Live?
Hulu Live is compatible with recent models of Samsung Smart TV. If you want to use Hulu’s latest apps, you must use Samsung TV versions later than 2016.
Does Samsung Smart TV support Hulu live?
Hulu Live TV is compatible with Samsung Smart TV.
How do I know when to update Hulu on Samsung Smart TV?
Samsung Smart TV receives Hulu updates automatically, but you can manually check for any software updates on your Samsung TV and the older versions.
Why won’t Hulu work on my Smart TV?
Your Hulu App might not work on Smart TV because it has become outdated or you are using an older and incompatible version of Smart TV. Reinstall the Hulu App to get the latest version of Hulu on Samsung Smart TV.
Why can’t I get the Hulu app on my Samsung TV?
Reset the Smart HUB because it might be a reason why the Hulu app not working on your Samsung TV.
Why can’t I get Hulu on my smart TV?
You can only download Hulu directly on smart TVs that support the Hulu app, but you will have to use a gaming console or streaming device that is connected to your TV to watch it.
Whether you have an older version of Samsung TV or the latest Samsung Smart TV, you can watch Hulu on both. We tried our best to come up with the most accurate information and guide to be made available on our website.
However, this guide is only applicable if you watch Hulu from the US. To watch Hulu outside USA, you must use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN. We also have explained the hacks of what to do if Hulu is not working on your Samsung TV.
We hope you enjoyed reading about how to watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TVs despite the model. So, if you have some queries in mind, feel free to post them over the platform. We always warmly welcome questions from users.