Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Samsung has reached the sky when it’s come to technology by creating some of the best advanced Smart TVs that won’t just upgrade your lounge area but also give you some exciting high-tech features including internet, high-quality visuals, supporting a wide range of apps with Hulu being one of them. But, watching Hulu on Samsung Smart TV can become troublesome at times.
Are you one of those who own a Samsung Smart TV and want to watch Hulu then there’s nothing to worry about! Yes, you heard it right! Now you can watch Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV and enjoy your favorite shows and movies. So, if you are wondering how is that possible? Then all you have to do is keep reading this article because below I’m sharing four easy steps to watch Hulu on your Samsung TV.
Step-by-Step Easy Guide on How to Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
Streaming platforms are the perfect ones to replace cable TV subscriptions. So, if you want to watch Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV, follow the easy step mentioned below;
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and connect it to your Wi-fi.
- Press the Home button on your remote to access the Smart Hub option.
- Hover to the Magnifying glass search bar on the top-right corner.
- Select Apps, and search for the latest Hulu App.
- Click the Download Now option to install Hulu App on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Once Hulu App is installed on your Samsung Smart TV, activate it.
How to get Hulu on Samsung TV in geo-restricted countries
If your residing place is one of the geo-restricted countries then follow the below mentioned easy steps to watch Hulu on your Samsung TV:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Go to the ExpressVPN DNS settings page.
- Log in with your credentials.
- You are directed to the IP address registration page, now click on the “Register my IP address” Option.
- Visit the ExpressVPN setup page where you will find your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address, note it down.
- Press the Menu button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- Click on the Network option and then select Network Status.
- Select IP Settings once the process is finished.
- Now select DNS settings and then click on Enter manually.
- Enter your previously noted MediaStreamer IP address.
- Click on Enter and open the Smart Hub.
- Now search Hulu App on the search bar and download it.
- Sign in with your credentials to enjoy watching Hulu on your Samsung TV.
How to Activate Hulu on Samsung Smart TV?
With Hulu on Samsung TV, you can get your hand on plenty of movies, shows, sports, live news as well as live TV and Hulu originals. So now Hulu is installed on your Samsung Smart TV, it’s time for you to activate it. Here’s a step-by-step guideline on how to activate Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Open Hulu App on your
- Select the Sign-in button.
- An activation code will be displayed on your screen.
- Select the Activate on a computer button.
- Go to the Hulu activation link from your computer
- Now login in to get the activation code.
- Enter the activation code to activate your Hulu account on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Watch Hulu on an older Samsung TV
Are you using an older Samsung TV and want to stream online your favorite shows and movies on Hulu then there’s nothing left to worry about! Just follow the below-mentioned easy steps to watch Hulu on an older Samsung TV.
- On your remote, press the Internet @TV button.
- Select the content view option.
- Now the list of available apps for your TV will appear on your screen.
- Select the search bar and find Hulu App.
- Click on the Hulu App.
- Click the Download Now button.
- Once Hulu is installed, open it.
- Now sign in with your credentials to enjoy streaming Hulu on your Smart TV.
How To Update Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV
If you are already streaming Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV but you suspect it’s running outdated software, here’s a guide on how to update it.
- Press Home on your Samsung Smart TV remote and access the Smart Hub.
- Select Apps, and then open the Hulu app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update it.
- Launch the updated Hulu app and enjoy watching your favorite visual content.
Note, you will find a white arrow in a blue background if Hulu has a new update. But also, if Hulu ever stops working on your Samsung Smart TV, you might need to update it.
How To Update Hulu on your old Samsung TV?
If you are streaming the Hulu app on your old Samsung TV then manually check for an update. Below are the steps to update the Hulu app on your old Samsung TV
- Press the ‘Menu‘ button on the Samsung TV remote.
- Then select the Support option.
- Click on the Software option.
- Click on the Update option.
- Now select Update Now.
Why Hulu isn’t Working on your Samsung Smart TV?
If you encounter a technical problem that Hulu stops working on your Samsung Smart TV then you may carry out the following quick fixes:
Quick Fix No 1 – Clear Cache & Data
Clear up some space by clearing caches and data, this might fix issues with the app.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV
- Select the Home button on your remote TV
- Go to Settings
- Go to Applications
- Select Hulu, open it
- Select the Clear Cache and Clear Data option.
- In case you need more space, then clear caches and data for other apps too.
Quick Fix No 2 – Reboot your Samsung Smart TV
Rebooting your Samsung Smart TV will instantly fix any temporary issues that you are facing to stream on the Hulu app.
- Press and hold the power button on your TV remote.
- Release the button, once you see the Samsung logo on your smart TV.
- Wait until the TV reboots and try loading Hulu now.
Quick Fix No 3 – Force Restart your Samsung Smart TV
If rebooting doesn’t fix up Hulu not working issue, then try force restarting your Samsung Smart TV
- Unplug your Samsung Smart TV from the power source.
- Now, wait for 3-5 minutes.
- Then plug it back in to turn on your TV.
- Now open the Hulu app and check if you could use Hulu without issues.
Quick Fix No 4 – Factory Reset your Samsung Smart TV
If the above methods fail to fix the issue, you need to reset your Samsung Smart TV.
- Press the Home button to select Settings.
- Choose the Support option.
- Then select the Self Diagnosis option.
- Then click on the Reset button.
- If needed, provide the PIN code and confirm reset.
Can I watch Hulu Anywhere on Samsung Smart TV?
No, you cannot watch Hulu anywhere on a Samsung Smart TV and the reason is geo-restriction. You cannot watch Hulu in Canada, Australia, Germany, Malaysia, Singapore, UK, New Zealand, Romania, and South Africa. Though, you can watch it with a VPN on your Samsung Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you have an older version of Samsung TV or you have the latest Samsung Smart TV, you can watch Hulu on both. We tried our best to come up with the most accurate information and guide to be made available on our website. However, this guide is only applicable if you are watching Hulu from the US because to watch Hulu from Singapore, Malaysia, UK, NZ, Australia, Canada, Germany, South Africa, Romania, or anywhere you will need to first connect to a VPN like ExpressVPN.
I hope you enjoyed reading about ways how to watch Hulu on Samsung TVs despite the model. So, if you have some queries in mind, feel free to post them over the platform because we always welcome questions from the users warmly.