Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Are you an Apple TV owner and want to watch Hulu then there’s nothing to worry about because you can watch your favorite Hulu content on your Apple TV whether you are residing in the United States or not. So, if you are wondering how is that possible? Then all you have to do is keep reading this article because below I’m sharing easy steps to watch Hulu on Apple TV
Just like Disney Plus, Hulu is also owned by The Walt Disney Company.
How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV [Easy Guide]
- Go to the App Store on the home screen of your Apple TV, which is only available on Apple TVs that are fourth-generation or later.
- Type “Hulu” into the search box, and when the app is located, click “Get” to begin the download, enter your Apple ID password if requested.
- Return to your Apple TV’s home screen and go to the Hulu app icon, which can be accessed just by clicking on it.
- Sign up/ sign in using your credentials on the Hulu app.
- Find the show or movie you want to watch and start watching it on your Apple TV.
How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Regions
Just like Disney Plus, Hulu is also under the Disney Walt Company’s ownership which means it is also geo-restricted outside United States. So, if you watch Hulu outside of the United States on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a credible VPN service. [ExpressVPN is my top recommendation]
- Download and install the VPN app on your Apple TV.
- Go to the ‘My Account’ option and activate Smart DS on your VPN app.
- Shortly you will receive a confirmation email, once confirmed add Smart DNS to your Apple TV.
- Now go to Apple Tv’s setting and select Network then select wi-fi/
- Click on the name of your network, then select Configure DNS.
- Select Manual, and enter the 2 DNS IP addresses you have received on your VPN account.
- Once it’s done, restart your Apple TV.
- Now open the Hulu App on Apple TV.
- Download and install the Hulu app from App Store on your Apple TV.
- Sign up/Log in to Hulu using your credentials.
- Now you can watch all of your favorite Hulu shows and movies on Apple TV.
Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Apple TV outside the United States
Below I have compiled a list of the best VPNs to watch Hulu on Apple TV in geo-restricted regions or from anywhere in the world.
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Regions
ExpressVPN is the leading VPN provider amongst many VPNs that features all the top-tier security protocols like an AES-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP with 3000+ servers, in 64+ countries worldwide to unblock geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world. Along with a zero log policy and kill switch feature to ensure privacy and lag-free performance.
Surfshark: Low-cost VPN for watching Hulu on Apple TV in Unsupported Countries
This VPN is relatively new to other VPNs available in the market but it’s renowned for its budget-friendliness and performance. It is covering up to 3200+ servers with an Aes-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and all other encryption techniques to make the connection stronger between the customers. It also features DNS server that encrypts the IP address and physical location as per the server selected from the customers.
NordVPN: Reliable VPN for watching Hulu on Apple Tv outside United States
NordVPN features well-protected and encrypted techniques with more than 5,600 servers that are located in different countries with all the security protocols that are required to enrich the connection like OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log policy ensures the customer’s strict no-log maintenance over their online activities.
Why do you need a VPN to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in geo-restricted regions?
Just like Disney Plus, Hulu also employs IP tracking technology which blocks users from accessing the service from locations where it is not available. That’s why if you try to watch Hulu on Apple TV from geo-restricted regions it will immediately block your access based on your virtual local IP address.
This is the main and only reason why you need a VPN to watch Hulu on Apple TV in geo-restricted regions as it will mask your current IP address and replaces it with one from a country where the Hulu is available, such as the United States. This process will fool the Hulu’s IP tracking system into thinking you’re in the United States, allowing you to watch Hulu on your Apple TV from an unsupported country.
Is Hulu available on Apple TV?
Yes, you can download Hulu app on Apple TV through the Apple App Store, However, it is not available on previous Apple TV devices. If you own an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K, the App Store is already installed.
You won’t be able to download Hulu directly to an Apple TV 3 or earlier. You September, however, use AirPlay to transfer content to your Apple TV from other compatible Apple iOS devices (such as your iPhone or iPad).
How to Fix Hulu Problems on Apple TV?
Take a look at your options if Hulu isn’t working for you. These are minor issues that can be remedied by attempting the following fixes:
- Update the App: The simplest way to resolve this issue is to update both Hulu and your VPN software, and then try streaming Hulu again.
- Change the Server: It’s possible that the server you’re connected to has gone down. Try connecting to other compatible servers with Hulu.
- Restart VPN: Before reconnecting, disconnect the server and turn off your VPN. Then restart the Apple TV and connect to a working server. This works in an odd way every now and again.
- Reinstall both the Apps: If nothing else works, reinstall the Hulu and VPN apps and try watching Hulu again.
What other devices except for Apple TV can I watch Hulu on?
You can watch Hulu on the following devices other than Apple TV:
- Android devices (TV, smartphones, and tablets) (Watch Hulu on Android)
- iPhones and iPad (Watch Hulu on iPhone/iPad)
- Mac and PC browser/apps
- Roku (Watch Hulu on Roku)
- Samsung TV (Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV)
- Echo Show
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- LG TV
- Nintendo Switch
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Boxes
How Much Does Hulu Costs on Apple TV?
It doesn’t cost you a penny to download Hulu on Apple TV. However, if you want to watch Hulu content on your Apple TV you will be asked to subscribe to one of its subscription plans. Below are the details regarding Hulu subscription plans:
Hulu Basic – $5.99/mo
Hulu offers five different plans that users can trial for 30 days for free. The most popular plan is “Hulu.” It will set you back $5.99 every month to use it. Users can try out this plan for free for 30 days. This package allows subscribers to watch award-winning Hulu original shows on their TVs, laptops, phones, and tablets. A maximum of six user profiles can share the account.
Hulu (No Ads) – $11.99/mo
Those who wish to watch without commercials can subscribe to the Hulu No Ads Plan for $11.99 per month. A 30-day free trial is also available to users. All of the features of Hulu’s basic plan are included in this subscription. In addition, customers can watch Hulu shows without advertising using the plan. Subscribers can now download and view Hulu shows on their devices.
Hulu + Live TV – $64.99/mo
The Hulu + Live TV combo is $64.99 per month. Users can also try out this plan for 7 days for free. All of the features of the Hulu basic plan are included in this subscription. Furthermore, without the need for cable, customers to this package receive access to Hulu’s Live TV, which contains over 65 channels. A Live TV guide will also be provided to assist customers in navigating all of the channels.
What to Watch on Hulu on Apple TV?
Hulu features more than 2000+ content including movies, TV shows, and Hulu originals. So, I can feel how hard it can be for you to find out something to watch that you can binge-watch on your Apple TV.
Below I have compiled some of the best movies and shows that you can watch on Hulu on your Apple that are available on all of Hulu’s subscription plans.
Best Hulu Movies to Watch on Apple TV
- Iron Man
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes were made
- The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- High School Musical: The Musical – The Series
- Black Beauty
- Taylor Swift: Folklore
Best Hulu TV Shows to Watch on Apple TV
- Marvel’s Agents of Shield
- The Simpsons
- The Mandalorian
- Once Upon a Time
- Diary of a Future President
- High School Musical: The Musical – The Series
- Marvel Hero Project
- The Right Stuff
Best Hulu Originals to Watch on Apple TV
- The Fashion Fund
- Day in the Life
- Up to Speed
- Don’t Quit Your Daydream
- The Awesomes
- We Got Next
- The Beatles: Eight Days a Week.
Now you can effortlessly watch Hulu on Apple TV by following our detailed guidelines. As I have tried my best to come up with the most accurate and helpful information regarding Hulu and Apple TV compatibility with the best three VPNs if you try to access Hulu outside the United States.
Also, if you have any queries and suggestions in mind, kindly leave them in the comment section below as I love to get responses from my readers!