Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch Hulu on Apple TV? Yes, you can watch Hulu on Apple TV even if you are outside the USA by using best Hulu VPNs.
Can you get Hulu on Apple TV? Yes, you can get Hulu on Apple TV by following this comprehensive guide.
You can watch your favorite Hulu content on your Apple TV very easily. So, if you are wondering how is that possible? Keep reading to learn how to watch Hulu on Apple TV.
How to Download Hulu on Apple TV [Easy Guide in Dec 2022]
- Go to the App Store on the home screen of your Apple TV. (It is only available on Apple TVs that are the fourth generation or later)
- Type “Hulu” into the search box.
- When the app is located, click “Get” to begin the download.
- Enter your Apple ID password if requested.
- Return to your Apple TV’s home screen
- Go to the Hulu app icon, which can be accessed just by clicking on it.
- Sign up/sign in using your credentials on the Hulu app.
- Find the show or movie you want to watch and start watching it on your Apple TV.
Now you know how to watch Hulu on Apple TV. Take a look at the following steps if you want to watch Hulu on Apple TV outside USA.
How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Regions? [Easy Steps Dec 2022]
Just like Disney Plus, Hulu is also geo-restricted outside United States. So, if you watch Hulu outside of the United States on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a credible VPN service. (ExpressVPN is our top recommendation)
- Download and install the VPN app on your Apple TV.
- Go to the ‘My Account’ option and activate Smart DS on your VPN app.
- Shortly you will receive a confirmation email, once confirmed add Smart DNS to your Apple TV.
- Now go to Apple Tv’s setting and select Network then select wi-fi/
- Click on the name of your network, then select Configure DNS.
- Select Manual, and enter the 2 DNS IP addresses you have received on your VPN account.
- Once it’s done, restart your Apple TV.
- Now open the Hulu App on Apple TV.
- Download and install the Hulu app from App Store on your Apple TV.
- Sign up/Log in to Hulu using your credentials.
- Now you can watch all of your favorite Hulu shows and movies on Apple TV.
Top 5 VPNs to get Hulu on Apple TV [Quick Overview December 2022]
Following is a quick overview of the 5 best VPNs for unblocking multiple Geo-restricted channels and websites.
- ExpressVPN: It has over 3000 fast servers across the globe with exceptional security protocols. You can purchase ExpressVPN for $6.67/month with its yearly subscription. It ensures high-end encryption and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers an expansive server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries. It has 1230 highly optimized server locations in the USA. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: It has 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. NordVPN has 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.71/month. With its 2-year plan, you can get 72% off, 3 months additional subscription, and a 30-day refund guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the most economical VPN to watch Hulu on Apple TV. It has 3200+ servers in more than 60 countries. You can purchase Surfshark for $2.49 per month. It offers the best features, such as Clean Web, Unlimited Simultaneous Connections, and No Borders Mode.
- AtlasVPN: It has 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA. It offers fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years. In addition, it has 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Is Hulu Available on Apple TV?
Yes, you can download Hulu app on Apple TV through the Apple App Store. However, it is not available on previous Apple TV devices. If you own an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K, the App Store is already installed.
You won’t be able to download Hulu directly to an Apple TV 3 or earlier. You can use AirPlay to transfer content from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Apple TV outside USA [Tested December 2022]
Below we have compiled a list of the 5 best VPNs to watch Hulu on Apple TV in geo-restricted regions or from anywhere in the world.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Regions
It has over 3000 fast servers and 14 highly optimized server locations in USA. ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Hulu on Apple TV outside USA. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s yearly package for $6.67/month.
You will also get 3 months of free usage and a 30-day money back guarantee. It also offers 24/7 customer support and high-end encryption.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Hulu on Apple TV outside the United States
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption, the kill switch feature, and split tunneling.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years. The plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN: Reliable VPN for watching Hulu on Apple TV outside the United States
It is the most reliable VPN for watching Hulu on Apple TV. It has 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. Moreover, it has 15 highly optimized servers in USA.
You can purchase NordVPN’s 2-year subscription for $3.67. Additionally, you will get 72% off, 3 months free, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark: Low-cost VPN for watching Hulu on Apple TV in Unsupported Countries
It is renowned for its economical price points and performance. It has 3200+ servers worldwide. It has Aes-256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP to make the connection stronger between the customers.
It also features a DNS server that encrypts the IP address. It hides your physical location as per the server selected from the list.
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Hulu on Apple TV Outside USA
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries, providing you with many options. It also supports unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30-day hassle-free money-back guarantee. It has the best security features, such as a built-in IPSec/IKEv2, WireGuard, SHA-384, PFS, and AES-256-bit encryption.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Regions?
Hulu has IP tracking technology that blocks users from accessing the service from locations where it is not available. Hulu is geo-restricted outside USA. It will immediately block your access based on your virtual local IP address.
You need a VPN to watch Hulu on Apple TV because it is geo-restricted outside USA. A VPN will mask your current IP address and replaces it with one from a country where the Hulu is available.
This process will manipulate Hulu’s IP tracking system into thinking you’re in the United States. It will allow you to watch Hulu on your Apple TV from an unsupported country.
Why is Hulu not working on Apple TV? [Quick Fixes Dec 2022]
Take a look at your options if Hulu isn’t working for you. These are minor issues that can be remedied by attempting the following fixes:
- Update the App: The simplest way to resolve this issue is to update both Hulu and your VPN software.
- Change the Server: It’s possible that the server you’re connected to has gone down. Try connecting to other compatible servers with Hulu.
- Restart VPN: Before reconnecting, disconnect the server and turn off your VPN. Then restart the Apple TV and connect to a working server. This works in an odd way every now and again.
- Reinstall both the Apps: If nothing else works, reinstall the Hulu and VPN apps and try watching Hulu again.
What other devices, except for Apple TV, can I watch Hulu on?
You can watch Hulu on the following devices other than Apple TV:
- Android devices (TV, smartphones, and tablets) (Watch Hulu on Android)
- iPhones and iPad (Watch Hulu on iPhone/iPad)
- Chromecast (Watch Hulu on Chromecast)
- Mac and PC browser/apps (Watch Hulu on Mac)
- Roku (Watch Hulu on Roku)
- Samsung TV (Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV)
- Echo Show
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick (Watch Hulu on FireTV Stick)
- LG TV (Watch Hulu on LG TV)
- Nintendo Switch
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Xbox (Watch Hulu on Xbox)
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Boxes
How much does Hulu cost on Apple TV?
It doesn’t cost you a penny to download Hulu on Apple TV. However, you must pay for Hulu subscription to watch Hulu on Apple TV. Below are the details regarding Hulu subscription plans:
Hulu Basic – $5.99/mo
Hulu offers five different plans that users can trial for 30 days for free. The most popular plan is “Hulu.” It will set you back $5.99 every month to use it.
Users can try out this plan for free for 30 days. This package allows subscribers to watch award-winning Hulu original shows on their TVs, laptops, phones, and tablets. A maximum of six user profiles can share the account.
Hulu (No Ads) – $11.99/mo
Those who wish to watch without commercials can subscribe to the Hulu No Ads Plan for $11.99 per month. A 30-day free trial is also available to users. All of the features of Hulu’s basic plan are included in this subscription.
In addition, customers can watch Hulu shows without advertising using the plan. Subscribers can now download and view Hulu shows on their devices.
Hulu + Live TV – $64.99/mo
The Hulu + Live TV combo is $64.99 per month. Users can also try out this plan for 7 days for free. All of the features of the Hulu basic plan are included in this subscription.
Furthermore, you will receive access to Hulu’s Live TV, which contains over 65 channels. A Live TV guide will also be provided to assist customers in navigating all channels.
What to Watch on Hulu on Apple TV?
Hulu features more than 2000+ pieces of content, including movies, TV shows, and Hulu originals. Below we have compiled some of the best movies and shows that you can watch on Hulu on your Apple TV.
Best Hulu Movies to Watch on Apple TV
- Iron Man
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes were made
- The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- High School Musical: The Musical – The Series
- Black Beauty
- Taylor Swift: Folklore
Best Hulu TV Shows to Watch on Apple TV
- Marvel’s Agents of Shield
- The Simpsons
- The Mandalorian
- Once Upon a Time
- Diary of a Future President
- High School Musical: The Musical – The Series
- Marvel Hero Project
- The Right Stuff
Best Hulu Originals to Watch on Apple TV
- The Fashion Fund
- Day in the Life
- Up to Speed
- Don’t Quit Your Daydream
- The Awesomes
- We Got Next
- The Beatles: Eight Days a Week.
FAQs on Hulu on Apple TV
Can I watch Hulu on Apple TV?
You can watch Hulu on Apple TV by following our guidelines above.
Why isn’t Hulu available on my Apple TV?
Because the older devices do not have access to the App Store.
How to turn on subtitles on Hulu Apple TV?
Swipe down during the playback to access the Settings menu, and select your preferred language from the options under Subtitles. Moreover, General language preferences can also be configured from Account > Captions on Apple TV.
Is Hulu on Apple TV?
Can’t find the App Store on your Apple TV?
Apple TV does not have the App Store (3rd generation) access. Update your software if you want new apps for your Apple TV (3rd generation). Learn to identify your Apple TV model if you’re unsure which one you have.
How to Update Hulu App on Apple TV?
To update Hulu App on Apple TV, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store and search for Hulu
- If there’s any update available, you will get an option of “Update” under Hulu App
Moreover, if you have done system updates, Go to Settings> System > Software Updates and select the Update Software.
How to log out of Hulu on Apple TV?
Here’s how to Sign out of Hulu on Apple TV:
- Select the Account icon from the global navigation bar
- Toggle down and select the log-out option
- Confirm by clicking on the Log-out option.
Is the Hulu app for Apple TV free?
You can get the Hulu app for free on your Apple TV, but to watch the Hulu content on your Apple TV, you must get a Hulu subscription or sign up for the app.
You can effortlessly watch Hulu on Apple TV by following our detailed guidelines. I have tried my best to come up with the most accurate and helpful information regarding Hulu and Apple TV. It would be best to use a premium VPN to bypass Hulu’s geo-restriction.
Also, feel free to post your queries below, and we will get back to you asap. As I love to get responses from my readers.