Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch Hulu on Apple TV? Yes, you can watch Hulu on Apple TV even if you are outside the USA by using best Hulu VPNs.
Can you get Hulu on Apple TV? Yes, you can get Hulu on Apple TV by following this comprehensive guide.
Hulu has become a renowned streaming platform globally. It has millions of subscribers and a dedicated application for major streaming devices. It features many globally recognized shows such as the Handmaid’s tale and Shrill. Are you traveling or residing outside USA and wondering how to access Hulu on Apple TV? You can access your favorite Hulu content on Apple TV outside USA with a premium VPN.
Read this blog to watch Hulu on Apple TV from anywhere with the best VPN services.
How to Download Hulu on Apple TV [Easy Guide in Mar 2023]
How do I add Hulu on Apple TV? You can add Hulu on Apple TV with the following steps:
- Go to the App Store on the home screen of your Apple TV. (It is only available on Apple TVs that are the fourth generation or later)
- Type “Hulu” into the search box.
- When the app is located, click “Get” to begin the download.
- Enter your Apple ID password if requested.
- Return to your Apple TV’s home screen
- Go to the Hulu app icon, which can be accessed just by clicking on it.
- Sign up/sign in using your credentials on the Hulu app.
- Find the show or movie you want to watch and start watching it on your Apple TV.
Now you know how to watch Hulu on Apple TV. Take a look at the following steps if you want to watch Hulu on Apple TV outside USA.
How to Stream Hulu on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Regions? [Quick Steps Mar 2023]
Just like Disney Plus, Hulu is also geo-restricted outside the United States. So, if you watch Hulu outside of the United States on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a credible VPN service. (ExpressVPN is our top recommendation)
- Download and install the VPN app on your Apple TV.
- Go to the ‘My Account’ option and activate Smart DS on your VPN app.
- Shortly you will receive a confirmation email, once confirmed add Smart DNS to your Apple TV.
- Now go to Apple Tv’s settings and select Network then select wi-fi/
- Click on the name of your network, then select Configure DNS.
- Select Manual, and enter the 2 DNS IP addresses you have received on your VPN account.
- Once it’s done, restart your Apple TV.
- Now open the Hulu App on Apple TV.
- Download and install the Hulu app from App Store on your Apple TV.
- Sign up/Log in to Hulu using your credentials.
- Now you can watch all of your favorite Hulu shows and movies on Apple TV.
Top 5 VPNs to Watch Hulu on Apple TV [Quick Overview March 2023]
Can you access Hulu on Apple TV outside USA? Yes, you can access Hulu on Apple TV outside USA with a premium VPN. Following is a quick overview of the 5 best VPNs to unblock Hulu from anywhere:
- ExpressVPN: It has over 3000 fast servers across the globe with exceptional security protocols. You can purchase ExpressVPN for $6.67/month with its yearly subscription. It ensures high-end encryption and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers an expansive server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries. It has 1230 highly optimized server locations in the USA. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: It has 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. NordVPN has 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.71/month. With its 2-year plan, you can get 72% off, 3 months additional subscription, and a 30-day refund guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the most economical VPN to watch Hulu on Apple TV. It has 3200+ servers in more than 60 countries. You can purchase Surfshark for $2.49 per month. It offers the best features, such as Clean Web, Unlimited Simultaneous Connections, and No Borders Mode.
- AtlasVPN: It has 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA. It offers fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years. In addition, it has 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Is Hulu with Live TV Available on Apple TV?
Yes, Hulu with Live TV is available on Apple TV. Follow these steps to watch Hulu Live TV on Apple TV:
- Get a premium subscription to Hulu + Live TV for USD 69.99.
- Navigate to the home screen of your Apple TV device.
- Go to the App Store.
- Use the search function to get Hulu + Live TV.
- Select Download
- Install the application and Log in to the Hulu App with your credentials.
- Congratulations, now you can watch Hulu Live on Apple TV
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Apple TV outside USA [Tested March 2023]
Below we have compiled a list of the 5 best VPNs to watch Hulu on Apple TV in geo-restricted regions or from anywhere in the world.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Regions
It has over 3000 fast servers and 14 highly optimized server locations in the USA. ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Hulu on Apple TV outside the USA. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s yearly package for $6.67/month.
You will also get 3 months of free usage and a 30-day money-back guarantee. It also offers 24/7 customer support and high-end encryption.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Hulu on Apple TV outside the United States
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption, the kill switch feature, and split tunneling.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years. The plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN: Reliable VPN for watching Hulu on Apple TV outside the United States
It is the most reliable VPN for watching Hulu on Apple TV. It has 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. Moreover, it has 15 highly optimized servers in USA.
You can purchase NordVPN’s 2-year subscription for $3.67. Additionally, you will get 72% off, 3 months free, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark: Low-cost VPN for watching Hulu on Apple TV in Unsupported Countries
It is renowned for its economical price points and performance. It has 3200+ servers worldwide. It has Aes-256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP to make the connection stronger between the customers.
It also features a DNS server that encrypts the IP address. It hides your physical location as per the server selected from the list.
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Hulu on Apple TV Outside USA
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries, providing you with many options. It also supports unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with a 30-day hassle-free money-back guarantee. It has the best security features, such as a built-in IPSec/IKEv2, WireGuard, SHA-384, PFS, and AES-256-bit encryption.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Regions?
Hulu has IP tracking technology that blocks users from accessing the service from locations where it is not available. Hulu is geo-restricted outside USA. It will immediately block your access based on your virtual local IP address.
You need a VPN to watch Hulu on Apple TV because it is geo-restricted outside the USA. A VPN will mask your current IP address and replaces it with one from a country where Hulu is available.
This process will manipulate Hulu’s IP tracking system into thinking you’re in the United States. It will allow you to watch Hulu on your Apple TV from an unsupported country.
Why is Hulu not working on Apple TV? [Quick Fixes Mar 2023]
Take a look at your options if Hulu isn’t working for you. These are minor issues that can be remedied by attempting the following fixes:
- Update the App: The simplest way to resolve this issue is to update both Hulu and your VPN software.
- Change the Server: It’s possible that the server you’re connected to has gone down. Try connecting to other compatible servers with Hulu.
- Restart VPN: Before reconnecting, disconnect the server and turn off your VPN. Then restart the Apple TV and connect to a working server. This works in an odd way every now and again.
- Reinstall both Apps: If nothing else works, reinstall the Hulu and VPN apps and try watching Hulu again.
What other devices, except for Apple TV, can I watch Hulu on?
You can watch Hulu on the following devices other than Apple TV:
- Hulu on LG TV
- Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
- Hulu on Xbox One
- Hulu on MAC
- Hulu on Chromecast
- Hulu on iPhone
- Hulu on Roku
- Hulu on Android
- Hulu on Firestick
How much is Hulu to watch on Apple TV?
Is Hulu free with Apple TV? No, you need to buy a Hulu subscription to stream Hulu. Hulu offers distinctive subscription plans. You can select any of the subscription plans based on your preference. Following are the Hulu Price and Subscription Plans:
- Hulu Basic (Ad-supported) USD 7.99/Month.
- Hulu Premium (Ad-free) USD 14.99/Month.
- Hulu + Live TV (Ad-supported) USD 69.99/Month.
Let’s learn about the Hulu Subscription Plans in detail.
If we discuss the Hulu basic package, the price for the basic package starts at $7.99, but it has commercials that may irritate customers. It is a very basic and least-considered plan. However, it offers a vast content library and you can create 6 different profiles.
Hulu + Live TV Package
The second option is the Hulu Live TV bundle, which, despite being somewhat pricey, offers users a Live TV function and 50 hours of cloud-based DVR storage. It broadcasts content from leading networks and offers a compelling library. Amazingly, this subscription costs $69.99 per month.
Hulu (No Advertisement)
If you want to acquire the Hulu no advertisement subscription, which is far more advanced than the basic package and only costs $14.99 per month, it is the best and most suitable for customers who are annoyed by interruptions from advertisements. You can watch your favorite shows without commercials on Hulu Premium easily.
Hulu (No ads + Live TV)
Lastly, Hulu has no advertisement + live TV package, which is considered to be the perfect one for Hulu users who want no distractions while they watch their favorite movies, shows, and live TV programs. It costs around $75.99/month.
Which Apple TVs are Supported on Hulu
Hulu is compatible with the following models of Apple TV:
- Apple TV (4th Generation)
- Apple TV 4K
However, Hulu is not supported on the following Apple TV:
- Apple TV 3rd Generation
- Apple TV 2nd Generation
- Apple TV 1st Generation
What to Watch on Hulu on Apple TV?
Hulu features more than 2000+ pieces of content, including movies, TV shows, and Hulu originals. Below we have compiled some of the best movies and shows that you can watch on Hulu on your Apple TV.
Best Hulu Movies to Watch on Apple TV
- Iron Man
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes were made
- The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- High School Musical: The Musical – The Series
- Black Beauty
- Taylor Swift: Folklore
Best Hulu TV Shows to Watch on Apple TV
- Marvel’s Agents of Shield
- The Simpsons
- The Mandalorian
- Once Upon a Time
- Diary of a Future President
- High School Musical: The Musical – The Series
- Marvel Hero Project
- The Right Stuff
Best Hulu Originals to Watch on Apple TV
- The Fashion Fund
- Day in the Life
- Up to Speed
- Don’t Quit Your Daydream
- The Awesomes
- We Got Next
- The Beatles: Eight Days a Week.
FAQs on Hulu on Apple TV
Can I watch Hulu on Apple TV?
You can watch Hulu on Apple TV by following our guidelines above.
Why isn’t Hulu available on my Apple TV?
Because the older devices do not have access to the App Store.
Why won’t Hulu work on my Apple TV?
You can try these quick fixes:
- Clear the cache and data
- Update the Hulu App
- Connect with another server.
- Check your internet connection
How to turn on subtitles on Hulu Apple TV?
Swipe down during the playback to access the Settings menu, and select your preferred language from the options under Subtitles. Moreover, General language preferences can also be configured from Account > Captions on Apple TV.
Is Hulu on Apple TV?
Can’t find the App Store on your Apple TV?
Apple TV does not have the App Store (3rd generation) access. Update your software if you want new apps for your Apple TV (3rd generation). Learn to identify your Apple TV model if you’re unsure which one you have.
How to Update Hulu App on Apple TV?
To update Hulu App on Apple TV, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store and search for Hulu
- If there’s any update available, you will get an option of “Update” under the Hulu App
Moreover, if you have done system updates, Go to Settings> System > Software Updates and select the Update Software.
Which Apple TV supports Hulu live?
All the fourth Generation and above Apple TVs support Hulu, all you need to do is connect with a reliable VPN and start streaming Hulu live on Apple TV.
How to log out of Hulu on Apple TV?
Here’s how to Sign out of Hulu on Apple TV:
- Select the Account icon from the global navigation bar
- Toggle down and select the log-out option
- Confirm by clicking on the Log-out option.
Is the Hulu app for Apple TV free?
You can get the Hulu app for free on your Apple TV, but to watch the Hulu content on your Apple TV, you must get a Hulu subscription or sign up for the app.
You can effortlessly watch Hulu on Apple TV by following our detailed guidelines. We have tried our best to come up with the most accurate and helpful information regarding Hulu and Apple TV. It would be best to use a premium VPN to bypass Hulu’s geo-restriction.
Also, feel free to post your queries below, and we will get back to you asap. As We love to get responses from our readers.