Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Want to know how to watch Hulu on Android? Well, you have come to the right place!
Follow this guide to learn how you can use the Hulu app on your Android device and stream shows like Rick and Morty and the Good Doctor from anywhere, on the go.
A Hulu subscription provides unrestricted access to a library of well-known blockbusters, indie films, cinematic masterpieces, and popular TV series, which are available on all Android devices. So, if you are wondering how to watch Hulu on your Android device, then look no further! Just keep reading because below I will be covering every question regarding how to watch Hulu on Android.
How to Watch Hulu on Android in 2021
Hulu’s mobile app is compatible with all Android devices. The procedure of downloading Hulu on your Android device is straightforward, albeit it differs significantly depending on the operating system. To avoid troubles with the Hulu app, make sure your Android device is up to date. The following is a step-by-step guide to installing the Hulu app on your Android device:
- On your Android device, go to the App Store.
- Search for the Hulu app on the App Store on your device.
- Tap Download the Hulu app now.
- Once Hulu is downloaded and install on your Android device, open the Hulu app.
- Now sign up/login using your credentials.
- Voila! Now you are ready to watch your favorite shows on your android device.
How to watch Hulu on an Android device in geo-restricted regions?
With the use of a VPN, you can watch Hulu in geo-restricted locations on your Android device. If you want to watch Hulu outside of the United States on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a reputable VPN service. [ExpressVPN is our recommendation]
- Download and install the VPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a US server with the VPN app.
- Now open the Hulu App on your android device.
- Sign up/Log in to Hulu with your credentials.
- Now you can watch all of your favorite shows and movies on Hulu.
Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Android device in the geo-restricted region
You’ll need a reliable VPN provider that performs well in terms of both functionality and service. Take a look at the best three VPNs if you want to watch Hulu on your Android device.
ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for watching Hulu on Android Device
For Android users who want to watch Hulu, ExpressVPN is the best option. Total security is provided by ExpressVPN’s 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy, and DNS leak protection. It’s one of the most reliable ways to unblock Hulu on your Android device in geo-restricted areas. The monthly cost of ExpressVPN’s 1-year service is $6.67.
Despite the fact that it costs a bit more than others, its performance is exceptional. This more than justifies the cost. Tor is also supported by ExpressVPN. It also includes a kill switch and does not keep logs.
Surfshark: Low-cost VPN for watching Hulu on Android Device
Surfshark is a free app that allows you to stream Hulu on your Android device. Around 3200 servers from 65 different countries are available. Surfshark uses the WireGuard tunneling mechanism to protect your data in the VPN market. It also supports an unlimited number of multi-logins, allowing you to share your account with as many people as you choose.
NordVPN: Reliable VPN for watching Hulu on Android Device
It has over 5400 servers in 59 countries. It also uses various tunneling protocols such as PPTP, SSTP, IPSec, and IKEv2 to protect its clients’ online privacy. The monthly cost of NordVPN’s 2-year subscription is $4.89. Up to 6 connections can be active at the same time with NordVPN.
To ensure that no IP or DNS information is leaked, it employs AES 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy. Additional features like as a kill switch, dedicated streaming mode, and a user-friendly UI make this VPN popular.
Why do you need a VPN for Hulu on Android in geo-restricted regions?
If you visit Hulu official website on your Android device, its IP tracking software detects your IP address and blocks your access if you are not a US resident. That’s the main reason, if you want to watch Hulu on an Android device in geo-restricted regions, a VPN will let you convert your IP address to a USA IP address.
By subscribing to a credible VPN of your choice you can have access to the Hulu IP tracking system by masking your virtual location and fooling Hulu into thinking you have an IP address in a different country where it is available.
How to Sign up for Hulu on an Android Device?
To sign up for Hulu on your Android device, follow the instructions below:
- On your Android device, open the Hulu app or visit its official website.
- Start Your Free Trial by tapping the button.
- Select your preferred plan.
- To create an account, fill in the required information.
- To subscribe to Hulu, enter your billing information.
- Log in to Hulu on your Android device to start streaming video.
Which Android Mobile Devices are supported on Hulu?
You can download the latest Hulu app on Android phones and tablets that satisfy the following conditions:
Most Android 5.0 and higher models have a screen resolution of at least 800×480 pixels.
How to watch Hulu on Android TV
If the Hulu app was pre-installed on your Android TV, simply login to start streaming. Otherwise, follow the steps below to download the app:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Hulu app using the left-side navigation panel.
- In the overview, section clicks the Download button.
- Once the installation is finished, click Open to launch the app.
- Now sign up or log in using your credentials to start watching Hulu on Android TV.
Hulu Subscription Cost on Android Devices
Hulu comes with five different plans that include, free, with no ads, and Hulu + Live TV Plan. So, below are the details about each plan and how they differ from each other so you can choose which plans is perfect for you to satisfy your entertainment needs.
Hulu Basic – $5.99/mo
Hulu offers five different plans that users can trial for 30 days for free. The most popular plan is “Hulu.” It will set you back $5.99 every month to use it. Users can try out this plan for free for 30 days. This package allows subscribers to watch award-winning Hulu original shows on their TVs, laptops, phones, and tablets. A maximum of six user profiles can share the account.
Hulu (No Ads) – $11.99/mo
Those who wish to watch without commercials can subscribe to the Hulu No Ads Plan for $11.99 per month. A 30-day free trial is also available to users. All of the features of Hulu’s basic plan are included in this subscription. In addition, customers can watch Hulu shows without advertising using the plan. Subscribers can now download and view Hulu shows on their devices.
Hulu + Live TV – $64.99/mo
The Hulu + Live TV combo is $64.99 per month. Users can also try out this plan for 7 days for free. All of the features of the Hulu basic plan are included in this subscription. Furthermore, without the need for cable, customers to this package receive access to Hulu’s Live TV, which contains over 65 channels. A Live TV guide will also be provided to assist customers in navigating all of the channels.
How to Fix Hulu Problems on Android Device [Detailed]
You September experience some difficulties when using Hulu on your Android device. Hulu isn’t exempt from problems. Let’s take a look at your options if Hulu isn’t working for you. These are minor issues that can be remedied by attempting the following fixes:
- Update the App: It’s conceivable that the app you were using was out of date and that your Android device no longer supported it. The simplest way to resolve this issue is to update both Hulu and your VPN software, and then try streaming Hulu again.
- Modify the Server: It’s possible that the server you’re connected to has gone down. Connecting to other compatible servers can help you solve the problem.
- Disconnect and Reconnect VPN: Before reconnecting, disconnect the server and turn off your VPN. Then restart the computer and connect to a working server. This works in an odd way every now and again.
- Reinstall both the Apps: If nothing else works, reinstall the Hulu and VPN apps and try watching Hulu again.
What to watch on Hulu on your Android Device?
Hulu’s streaming collection contains over 40,000 episodes from thousands of television shows and nearly 2,500 movies. The Hulu Plus Live TV plan also allows members access to live TV shows. This subscription gives them access to over 60 cable TV channels in addition to the standard streaming library videos.
Here is our list of some popular movies and shows that you can watch on your Android device but they are available on all of its subscription plans.
Movies and TV Shows to Watch on your Android Device
Some of the most popular TV shows and movies on Hulu include the following:
- Better Things
- The Fashion Fund
- Day in the Life
- Up to Speed
- Don’t Quit Your Daydream
- The Awesomes
- We Got Next
- The Beatles: Eight Days a Week.
- What We Do in the Shadows
- Mrs. America
- Difficult People
- Solar Opposites
- You’re the Worst
We did our best to assemble the most up-to-date information and guide regarding How to watch Hulu on an Android device. I hope you enjoyed learning how to use your Android device to watch Hulu. So, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them on the platform, as I always welcome user queries.