Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch Hulu in Canada? No, you cannot watch Hulu in Canada because it is geo-restricted outside US. However, you can use a Hulu VPN to unblock Hulu in Canada. In this guide we will explain all of it to you.
Unblock Hulu in Canada [Updated 2022]
Are you running out of time? No worries, we are here with a quick way to watch Hulu in Canada seamlessly.
- Subscribe and download VPN. We highly recommend, ExpressVPN.
- Enter the Credentials on the Sign-up page and select a US server.
- Enjoy accessing Hulu in Canada for streaming the best shows and movies in minutes.
Why do you need a VPN for watching Hulu in Canada?
Hulu is an American streaming platform that is only available for users in the US. The phenomenon under which a streaming platform or website restricts the user from a specific location to access their website is known as geo-restriction.
You will see the following error when you try to watch Hulu in Canada;
Hulu has also applied these geo-restrictions to users from the outside USA including Canada. Thus, to watch Hulu in Canada, you will need a VPN and that too with US servers.
A Quick overview – Top 5 VPNs to watch Hulu in Canada
In this section, you’re going to have a quick overview of the best VPNs optimal for watching Hulu in Canada and making your overall experience notable in terms of functionalities and features.
- ExpressVPN: This VPN network is safe and reliable and comes with over 3000 servers worldwide. It has 20 highly optimized servers in the USA. The price that ExpressVPN offers is $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This is a high-bandwidth VPN connection with more than 5200 servers worldwide. NordVPN gives you 1970+ servers in the USA, in 15 different locations. You can get NordVPN for just $3.67/month for its 2-year package.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Hulu in Canada that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
[Video Tutorial] How to Watch Hulu in Canada
How to choose the Best VPN to watch Hulu in Canada?
It would be best if you were stuck while deciding the criteria for selecting the best VPN for watching Hulu in Canada because there are many VPN service providers in the market. They all are best in terms of functionalities and features, but the final choice is yours, to make the difference and decide what to do and how to keep things aligned up as per the desired watch list and privacy concerns.
Before choosing the best VPN for yourself, ensure that you’re well aware of the features, and functionalities, along with the pricing packages, so there are no surprises and regrets once the deal is made! I’m mentioning some of the features you should keep in mind before making the final choice for your ease.
- Firstly you have to check that the selected VPN network has all the top-tier security protocols added within the connection. Otherwise, it’s a loss of money and time!
- Secondly, ensure that the selected VPN network can unblock geo-restricted websites like Netflix, Hulu, Voot, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar, and other entertainment websites.
- The VPN network chosen should have a broad server allocation, giving the user a fast response to their queries.
- Ensure all the privacy policies are embedded within the connection to keep the users’ security concerns satisfied.
- A strict zero-log policy is mandatory so they can rely on the service providers that no repository is being maintained for their online activities.
- Pocket-friendly pricing packages play a vital role in keeping the users loyal to the connection.
5 Best VPNs for watching Hulu in Canada
Now it’s the time for reading the best VPNs optimal for watching Hulu in Canada and enjoy a well-encrypted and secured network with unique IP addresses allocated to every user.
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu in Canada
- It has 20+ servers in the USA and over 3000 servers in 90+ countries, worldwide.
- Hulu is compatible with ExpressVPN’s specialized apps and DNS MediaStreamer for the Nintendo Switch, Roku, PlayStation, Android, iOS, and nearly every other streaming device.
- You can subscribe to ExpressVPN 1-year package for just $6.67 per month and you will get 3-months extra.
- ExpressVPN has an app for all of the common devices, including Firestick, that allows you to access Hulu from countries that aren’t supported.
- With ExpressVPN, you get 5 simultaneous connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee with a single subscription.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas
- Best VPNs for Hulu in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max in Canada
- How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Canada
- How to Watch American Netflix in Canada
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Hulu in Canada
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries.
- Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Stream Hulu in Canada
- NordVPN has over 5500 servers in 59 different locations, which explains why it can be a good choice.
- This VPN allows for up to 6 simultaneous connections and employs AES 256-bit encryption with a strict no-logs policy to prevent IP and DNS leaks.
- NordLynx is a NordVPN dedicated security protocol, which allows customers to unblock Hulu.
- Whereas, WireGuard audits all the security layers, for the fast transfer of the data packets, within the network and allows customers to enjoy a well encrypted, and protected connection.
- It also has Cyber Sec and Double VPN technology, which permits multiple logins with the same account for $3.71 for a two-year plan with a 30-day money-back guarantee while keeping users’ worries safe.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami
- How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada
- How to Watch Vudu in Canada
- How to Watch Sonyliv in Canada
- How to Watch Peacock TV in Canada
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Access Hulu in Canada
- Surfshark checks all the boxes when it comes to viewing all of the major VOD providers from anywhere in the world, including Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer.
- It has more than 3200 servers in more than 60 locations, including 200 US-optimized servers for watching Disney+ on Firestick and other major devices.
- One of the best things about Surfshark is that it allows for limitless simultaneous connections on a single account.
- In the event that you are dissatisfied with the service, you can request a full refund through Surfshark’s 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit
- How to Watch 9Now in Canada
- How to Watch Voot in Canada
- How to Watch Zee5 in Canada
- How to Watch Sky Sports in Canada
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Hulu in Canada
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
How to subscribe to Hulu in Canada?
There are 3 ways you can subscribe to Hulu in Canada:
Get US Virtual Prepaid Card
You can use StatesPay service for subscribing to Hulu in Canada. It is a virtual prepaid card that you can top-up and use for online shopping and services sign-ups. You can transfer funds from any major service, such as Visa or PayPal, once your virtual card has been created. Now use your US virtual card to subscribe to a Hulu account in the Canada.
Use a Hulu Gift Card
- Use a premium VPN, then connect to a US server.
- Go to ebay.com and buy a Hulu gift card from there.
- You will receive a code in the email; you will have to use that code to signup for Hulu’s subscription.
- Now Go to Hulu’s website and enter the received code.
- When asked for a zip code, you may enter: 90210
Ask a Friend in the US
The last method to get Hulu is by asking a friend or a family member residing in the USA. Once they sign-up for you, you will still need a VPN to access Hulu.
Hulu Canada Price; 4 Packages to Know About!
You want to learn about the pricing package of Hulu, to watch Hulu in Canada, then for your ease; I’m mentioning it all.
If we talk about the Hulu basic package, then the starting price is $5.99 for the basic package, but it has advertisements within it, which might frustrate the users, so this is a very minimal and least considered package.
Hulu + Live TV Package
Secondly, we have Hulu live tv package, which is actually a bit expensive but has a Live TV feature made available for the users, with 50 hours of DVR cloud storage, and amazingly this package will cost you $64.99 per month.
Hulu (No Advertisement)
We have Hulu no advertisement package, which is a way step further than the basic package, and costs just $11.99 per month, so if you are planning to get this package, then it is best and optimal for users who are frustrated from the advertisements that come in between the working.
Hulu (No ads + Live TV)
Lastly, we have this Hulu no ads + live TV package that is considered to be the perfect one for Hulu users who want no distractions while they watch their favorite shows and live TV programs. It cost around $70.99/month.
How to pay for Hulu in Canada?
Let’s learn about the best payment method to watch Hulu in Canada and witness a secured connection with fewer issues.
How to Get a Hulu Gift Card from ebay.com
You can follow these quick steps to get Hulu Gift Card from ebay.com, watch Hulu in Canada with a secured connection, and mask IP address.
- Go to ebay.com, and purchase a Hulu Gift Card.
- Once done, you’ll receive a code within the email to sign up for a Hulu subscription within your region.
- Download and Install ExpressVPN.
- Connect your device with ExpressVPN.
- Select the U.S. server, and go to the Hulu website.
- Don’t forget to enter the code while signing up for the services.
- Boom, you’re all done for the services.
How Get Hulu for Free in Canada?
If you’re a cord cutter wanting to save money, it’s always a good idea to check into solutions that allow you to acquire something for “free.” Here are two tricks to get Hulu for free in Canada that you might find useful! Thank us later!
- Hulu’s basic (with commercials) and premium (no advertisements) plans both come with a 30-day free trial. You can join up for a free Hulu trial and then cancel before the trial period ends.
- You can always ask a friend or family member who already has a Hulu membership to give you access. Remember that Hulu supports more than six profiles, so if they like you, they’ll probably say yes.
Devices Compatible with Hulu Canada
In this section, we’ll have a look over the best-picked devices optimal for watching any movie through Hulu VPN on your devices.
- iPhone (Watch Hulu on iPhone)
- Android (Watch Hulu on Android)
- Mac (Watch Hulu on Mac)
- Xbox (Watch Hulu on Xbox)
- Samsung Smart TV (Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV)
- LG Smart TV (Watch Hulu on LG Smart TV)
- Apple TV (Watch Hulu on Apple TV)
- Roku (Watch Hulu on Roku)
- Chromecast (Watch Hulu on Chromecast)
- Firestick (Watch Hulu on Firestick)
How To Watch Hulu in Canada on Your Devices
In this section, we’ll have a look at the mediums where the usage of Hulu is easily available;
Hulu For Android users
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the Hulu app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Hulu is now available on your Android device.
Hulu For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for Hulu in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
Hulu For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Hulu on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
Hulu For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Hulu on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Hulu.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Add Hulu to your “My Channels” list.
Hulu For Xbox Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Hulu on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Hulu” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Click the “Install” button.
Hulu For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Hulu. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the Hulu add-on on Kodi to start watching.
Hulu For Firestick Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Hulu on your Firestick device:
- Startup your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources, download ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
- Enter the word ‘Hulu’ and press enter.
- The ‘Hulu app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- Download the app after you click ‘Get.
- After the Hulu app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Hulu app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Hulu on Firestick in Canada.
Hulu For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the Hulu app, and you are done.
Hulu For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Hulu app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
Hulu For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the Hulu website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Hulu, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
Is Hulu Available in Canada Officially?
Like other entertainment websites and platforms, various rumors are roaming around the corner that, might be Canada, will come forward to user’s screens in Canada probably in 2022. However, no official news or announcements have been made from the Walt Disney Official about the release date. Till then, we have to get our devices connected to the premium quality VPN connection, already mentioned within the blog, for your ease.
Can I watch Hulu in Canada with a free VPN connection?
No, we never recommend anyone to use a free VPN to watch Hulu or any other entertainment website because many vulnerabilities are attached within the free connection, leaving the people stuffed with fears, ambiguities, and theft issues related to their identity and personal information.
Can I watch Hulu in Japan?
If you wish to watch Hulu in Japan, you will acquire a secured VPN connection that will mask your IP address, and you have to attain a high bandwidth connection with unblocking of geo-restricted websites quickly in minutes.
Can I watch Hulu in UK?
Yes, you can enjoy watching Hulu in UK with a secured VPN connection that will mask your IP address as of US region, making it easier for the server to select your location and give you access to the restriction-free entertainment websites.
What to Watch on Hulu in Canada?
Take a look at our recommendations of movies and shows to watch on Hulu in Canada:
Best Movies to watch on Hulu in Canada
Let’s discuss the best movies you can watch on Hulu in Canada with your friends and family.
- The Interview
- John Wick Chapter 3
- The Nightingale
- Waiting To Exhale
- Missing Link
- Ugly Dolls
Best Shows to watch on Hulu in Canada
Let’s have a look at the best shows you can stream on Hulu in Canada and witness an enjoyable environment with friends.
- Veronica Mars
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- High Fidelity
- Mrs. America
- Little Fires Everywhere
- Future Man
- Into The Dark
- Castle Rock
- National Treasure
- Son of Anarchy
Best Hulu Alternatives in Canada
In case the mentioned entertainment website doesn’t work within your region, you can get your devices connected to stream on these entertainment websites.
- Disney+ Hotstar
- Sony Liv
- Amazon Prime
- HBO Max
- BBC iPlayer
- Popcorn Time
- Voot Official
Incompatible Hulu Canadian VPNs
Let’s discuss the VPNs, that are not compatible with Hulu:
- Hotspot Shield
- Private Internet Access (PIA)
FAQs on Hulu Canada
Does Hulu work in Canada?
Yes, you can enjoy watching Hulu in Canada with a secured VPN connection, with a masked IP address and physical location as per the server selected. Otherwise, there is no other option available for streaming Hulu in Canada.
Is it legal to use a VPN for watching Hulu in Canada?
Yes, of course, it’s legal to use a VPN for watching Hulu in Canada, as you’re paying for the VPN services you use, and ultimately you got the chance to manage all of your favorite shows and movies within the expected time!
Can I sign up for free to watch Hulu in Canada?
No, you can not avail of the services of Hulu for free, although you would always have to pay for the services and choose an optimized package that matches your requirements and doesn’t burden your pockets.
Why is Hulu not available in Canada?
Because Hulu is an American Subscription Entertainment website and is only available within the American regions, although you still wish to watch Hulu in Canada, the only possible way out is to get your devices connected to a secured VPN network.
In which country can you watch Hulu for free?
You can watch and enjoy Hulu shows and movies free only in the US region. However, if you’re residing somewhere outside the US region, then it’s nearly impossible to get connected to any US-based entertainment website.
How much Hulu costs in Canada?
If you go with watching Hulu with Ads, then it’s most popular and widely used plan costs $5.99/month, whereas, with complete access to the Hulu library, some commercials might come too! It comes with a strict 30-days free trial before you make the final move of choosing the VPN network. This is an Ad-free Hulu version available, which costs $11.99/month and doesn’t have any advertisements in between the connection. The users can enjoy an entirely uninterrupted connection without any advertisement involvement in between the link.
Can I use a single Hulu account in multiple countries?
Right now, Hulu is officially operable in two countries only. Suppose you’re planning to watch Hulu in other countries with the same premium account. In that case, you have to connect yourself with a virtual private network with a masked IP address and physical location.
Can you get Hulu in Canada?
Yes, you can get Hulu in Canada but only with a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN.
Hulu is one of the widely used and searched entertainment websites, with millions of active users joining their platform to watch entertainment shows and movies within the expected time. Although it’s geo-restricted outside the US region, and would always acquire a VPN connection to bypass the connection we already mentioned within this blog.
I hope you all must have enjoyed and learned a lot after reading this blog on watching Hulu in Canada, although if you still have questions in your mind regarding the functionality and services mentioned in this blog, please feel free to say it. In the comments section below!