Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
To watch DStv in Canada you must deceive DStv into believing that you are in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, or any other African country where the service is available, from anywhere in the world. You won’t be able to view DStv Now if you live in the Canada, United States, Australia, France, or the United Kingdom because it is geo-blocked outside of South Africa.
You must do the following in order to watch DStv Now in Canada or from anywhere in the world:
Quick Guide: How to Watch DStv in Canada [Aug 2021]
- Subscribe to a VPN that covers South Africa, we highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download it and install it on your device.
- Sign up/Log in to the VPN app using your credentials.
- Use your VPN to connect to the internet. Connect to South Africa, Zimbabwe, or any other African nation server.
- Visit the DStv official website or app. You can watch your shows on DStv Now.
What is DStv?
DStv is the most popular television channel in South Africa. DStv stands for Digital Satellite Television, is a direct broadcast satellite service available in Sub-Saharan Africa that broadcasts 200+ television and radio stations and distributes its channels throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
Moreover, DStv Now is the company’s live online streaming service, which features a diverse range of entertainment, sports, news, and children’s channels. Dark Matter, Ray Donavon, Outlander, and Fear the Walking Dead are among the shows available on Catch Up TV.
How to Subscribe and Create DStv Account in Canada
To subscribe to DStv in Canada, follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Get a high-quality VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Go to the official DStv website or download the DStv app on your device and sign up with an email address.
- Connect to ExpressVPN’s South African server.
- Go to DStv and sign up for an internet TV service.
- Enter your details to create your DStv account.
- Now you are ready to enjoy your favorite shows on DStv.
Why DStv in geo-restricted in Canada?
The majority of users are unaware that their internet connections track their position every time they go online. For big on-demand streaming services, such as Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu content licensing issues have suddenly become a doomsday scenario, it’s not a surprise that DStv is having the same issue. That’s why so many websites, including Google, appear to know your specific location.
An IP address can be used to determine the location of a user. That’s how DStv will ban you if it detects that you are trying to watch its live channels or catch-up programming from outside of South Africa. The only thing you’ll get out of the channel is a geo-error message:
“Sorry, DStv Now isn’t available in your region.”
Why VPN is needed to watch DStv in Canada?
When streaming services offer internationally popular content titles that are restricted to customers outside of a given or particular region, a VPN is required. This primarily refers to copyright and licensing issues.
However, a reputable VPN, such as ExpressVPN, will provide you with a new IP address, allowing you to easily access your favorite content like Voot, CBC, ESPN, YouTube TV, Peacock, and many more from anywhere in the world.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch DStv in Canada
Take a look at the quick rundown of the top three best VPNs for unblocking many geo-restricted channels and websites.
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 servers worldwide, this VPN network is safe and dependable.
- Surfshark: Surfshark is a low-cost VPN network with over 3200 servers located all over the world.
- NordVPN: A high-speed VPN connection with over 5200 servers located around the world.
Best VPN Services in Canada to Watch DStv in 2021
Based on a number of important factors, we’ve compiled a list of the Best VPNs to Watch DStv in Canada:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for watching DStv Canada.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming DStv with over 3000 servers in 94 countries, including 130 fast servers in the United States for quick access to the DStv website or app. It unblocks multiple streaming platforms, including US Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and Vudu in Canada.
It supports Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS, as well as all major streaming devices and operating systems. Its single package provides a 30-day money-back guarantee and allows for five simultaneous device connections.
ExpressVPN works with nearly all of the internet TV providers that are required to sign up for the DStv website/app if you don’t have access to cable in the United States.
2. Surfshark – A low-cost VPN to Watch DStv in Canada
This VPN service provider offers a low-cost option for Canadians to unblock DStv. It offers the best streaming servers, allowing DStv to be watched in high definition indefinitely. Throughout terms of servers, the service has more than 20 in the United States.
Moreover, you can also watch HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu in Canada by connecting to your favorite US server. Being the only VPN company that offers unlimited device connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee on a single account.
3. NordVPN – The best Credible VPN to Watch DStv in Canada
This is a reputable, dependable, and powerful VPN that unblocks DStv for Canadians without a hitch. You September bypass the DStv firewall and watch its content outside of the United States thanks to the robust and vast 1900+ US servers. Similarly, you September connect to your chosen UK server from anywhere in Canada, allowing you to watch DStv on many devices with ease.
It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, while dedicated to providing connections for every major streaming device, and allows up to six simultaneous device connections on a single connection.
Can I watch DStv in Canada with a Free VPN?
We highly do not recommend using free VPNs because most of them are unable to avoid DStv’s tight geo-restrictions. Free VPN servers have little motivation to make sure their disguising works; this is how a VPN works, and it just allows you to watch DStv.
Free VPNs do not provide the same level of protection as paid VPNs. In terms of security, free VPNs are known for keeping logs and leaking IP addresses. As a result, regardless of what they state, you should avoid using free VPNs and therefore are unable to unblock DStv Plus in Canada.
Is DStv free to watch in Canada?
Yes, if you want to watch DStv for free then the good news is that it has launched DStv Now, which is a free app for all customers, that allows you to watch many DStv channels live from anywhere.
Users can access these free DStv channels without paying a cent, and they can be simply unlocked using the DStv Now app.
- 100 – DStv
- 180 – People’s Weather
- 238 – SuperSport Play
- 313 – PBS Kids
- 320 – Channel O
- 343 – TBN
- 400 – BBC World News
- 401 – CNN
How to sign up for DStv free service in Canada:
Here’s how you can subscribe to DStv’s free service.
- To sign up, go to now.dstv.com and select Sign Up
- Fill in your information and click the Create an Account button
- Please provide your driver’s license, smartcard, or customer number
- If you don’t have a DStv subscription, scroll to the bottom and select Skip
- Give your profile a name and upload a profile picture
- Start watching!
You can unlock more channels and content on DStv by signing up for their paid subscription. DStv comes with six different plans. And following are the details about each plan with pricing and how they differ from each other so you can choose which pricing and plan are perfect for you to satisfy your entertainment needs.
Pricing & Plans to Subscribe DStv in Canada
Here are the pricing and plans to subscribe to DStv in Canada.
- EasyView (36 channels) at R29 (USD 2.05)
- Access (66 channels) at R115 (USD 8.11)
- Family (91 channels) at R295 (USD 20.81)
- Compact (125 channels) at R409 (USD 28.85)
- Compact Plus (143 channels) at R539 (USD 38.02)
- Premium (157 channels) at R829 (USD 58.48)
What is in the DStv’s Library?
DStv is an amazing media platform with a wealth of interesting information from a variety of sources. The channel’s portfolio includes everything from movies to TV shows to sports. Here are some of the titles to give you an idea of what you can watch on DStv in Canada:
- BBC Earth
- Cartoon Network
- Channel O
- Disney Channel
- National Geographic
- Studio Universal
- SuperSport OTT
- WWE Channel
- La Liga
- Soccer Africa
- PGA Championship
- Serie A
- Liga Inglesa
- Super Rugby
- UEFA Europa League
- Formula 1
- John Wick: Chapter 2
- Red 2
- The Courier
- The Clovehitch Killer
- Hidden Figures
- All At Once
- About Time
- The Adventure Club
- Dead Man Down
- King Kong
- The Hunter’s Prayer
- The Big Bang Theory
- Catfish: The Series
- Hawaii Five-O
- Station 19
- This is Us
- Strike Back
- Rizzoli & Isles
- The Voice
- Death in Paradise
- Geordie Shore
DStv Now Compatible Devices
Once you’ve configured your VPN, you can watch DStv in Canada on the following devices via the DStv app or its official website.
- Xbox One
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- LG TV
Now let’s find out how you can get DStv on different devices in Canada.
How to Download DStv on PS4, Xbox One, or Android Device?
- Log into your VPN application, ExpressVPN is our top recommendation.
- Select a South African server.
- Visit the app store.
- Search the DStv app and download it.
- Open the DStv app.
- Sign/up or log in with your credentials.
- Start watching on your PS4, Xbox One, or Android TV with the DStv app.
How to Download DStv on iPhone and iPad
- Change the App Store region from Canada to South Africa.
- Search and install the DStv app.
- Get a high-quality VPN (ExpressVPN recommended)
- Connect to the South African server.
- Open the DStv app.
- Sign/up or log in with your credentials.
- Start watching on your iPhone/iPad device with the DStv app in Canada.
As you can see, there are a variety of VPN options to watch DStv in Canada. In the end, it’s all up to you. What do you want people to do with your content? And how much security and privacy do you want while doing so? If you have any more questions, please post them in the comments area below.