Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can you watch YouTube TV in Canada? No, you cannot watch YouTube TV in Canada unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
YouTube TV offers a spectrum of critically acclaimed TV shows, movies, and live content. It houses many Emmy-nominated titles from renowned networks, such as House of the Dragon, Euphoria, and many more. However, the streaming platform is geo-restricted because of the licensing agreements.
Unfortunately, YouTube TV is not available in Canada. However, you can watch YouTube TV Canada with a premium VPN.
It is restricted to streaming on-demand and live content in the USA only. Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean Canadian streaming enthusiasts cannot binge the globally applauded content on YouTube TV. They can use a premium VPN to spoof their location and get an American IP and DNS address to access YouTube TV in Canada.
How to Watch YouTube TV Canada [Step by Step Guide Dec 2023]
You can get YouTube TV in Canada or from anywhere with the following steps:
- Subscribe and download a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN because it has exceptional unblocking capabilities and an expansive network of high-functioning servers.
- Install and log in to ExpressVPN on your streaming device.
- Go to the servers list and connect to a server in the United States. We recommend ExpressVPN’s Dallas server.
- Visit YouTube TV’s official website; then, you can watch critically acclaimed content on YouTube TV Canada.
Note: American users can now enter a Canadian credit card on YouTube TV. You can get ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for CAD 8.86/mo. It has the best VPN deals and incredible unblocking capabilities.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
You need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada because it allows you to create a secure and encrypted connection to a server located in the USA to get around the geo-restrictions.
Once you connect to ExpressVPN’s American server, you can effectively spoof your actual location and give the impression that you are streaming YouTube TV from the USA.
Can you unblock YouTube TV Canada without a VPN? You cannot unblock YouTube TV Canada without a VPN because of the geo-restriction and copyright licensing. If you attempt to access the service from a location other than the United States, you will receive the following error message:
So, how can you access YouTube TV Canada? To bypass YouTube TV’s geo-restriction, you’ll need a VPN because it will spoof your location, making it impossible for YouTube TV servers to detect and block you.
VPNs are the best options for unblocking any geo-restricted site. You can easily unblock Voot in Canada, or you can access Sky Sports in Canada with some of the Best VPNs that can work for Netflix in Canada because they allow you to access the platform while concealing your identity, IP address, and geographical location.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Canada [Quick Summary Dec 2023]
Following is a quick overview of the best YouTube TV VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and 24 highly optimized server locations in the USA. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers 16 highly optimized US servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries with 600+ highly optimized servers in 25 locations in the USA. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Sign up for YouTube TV in Canada? [Quick Steps December 2023]
How to create a YouTube TV account in Canada? Follow these steps to create a YouTube TV account in Canada:
- Get a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has comprehensive security protocols.
- Connect to an optimized US server. We recommend ExpressVPN’s Dallas server.
- Navigate to YouTube TV’s website > Tap “Try it Free.”
- Log in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Gmail account, you can create a new account to access YouTube TV Canada.
- After you have successfully signed in, add a US Zip Code. You can find many Zip Codes on Google, such as 92617.
- Select your preferred payment method. You can select PayPal and add your account details.
- YouTube TV offers a 14-day free trial period; after that, you will be charged as per the subscription plans.
3 Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Canada [Detailed Analysis Dec 2023]
Now, look at our list of the 3 top VPNs to get YouTube TV in Canada in 2023 that are best for bypassing many geo-restricted websites and channels.
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch YouTube TV Canada
- ExpressVPN is our top recommendation for YouTube TV because of its fast streaming speeds, unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 chat support, and compatibility with a wide range of devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, Xbox, and PlayStation.
- This best VPN provides over 3000+ servers worldwide and 24 highly optimized server locations in the USA, reliably unblocking YouTube TV in HD without buffering issues.
- Moreover, ExpressVPN can bypass YouTube TV restrictions for as little as $6.67/month and get 3 months free, with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Also, you can use ExpressVPN to watch American Netflix in Canada, access Hulu Canada, Unblock the restricted Peacock TV in Canada, or any other channel/platform in Canada.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas.
NordVPN – User-Friendly VPN to Unblock YouTube TV Canada
- With the above two, NordVPN is another big player in the VPN market; it has many fast servers worldwide, does not collect logs, and is well-known as a good VPN for online streaming.
- It supports up to six simultaneous connections, allowing you and your family or friends to share a single secure streaming account.
- NordVPN is simple to set up on a variety of devices. It offers 24-hour customer service and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN will cost you $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami.
You can also watch the following channels with NordVPN:
- Can I Access ABC in Canada with VPN?
- How to Subscribe to 9NOW in Canada?
- How Can I Start Watching BBC iPlayer in Canada?
- How Can I easily Get ZEE5 in Canada?
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Stream YouTube TV in Canada
- Surfshark is a high-quality but reasonably priced VPN service. The price is $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free;
- Surfshark applies industry-leading encryption, does not collect logs, and keeps you safe and anonymous online.
- Surfshark also performs well in speed tests and has many fast servers in the United States and worldwide.
- It is compatible with a wide range of streaming devices.
- It also bypasses China’s Great Firewall, which is a great deal and a challenge for a VPN.
- Surfshark also includes an ad-blocker, supports unlimited devices, and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit.
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
- Can I Unblock NBC in Canada?
- How to Start Watching DSTV in Canada?
- Can you Get HBO Max in Canada?
- Can I Unblock Vudu in Canada?
- Can I Watch DirecTV NOW in Canada?
- Can I Use SlingTV in Canada?
How to Choose the Best VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
Choosing a VPN is difficult because many on the market have the same functionalities. Some provide a large server network, while others emphasize security, speed, or the ability to circumvent a broader range of services.
However, look for the following qualities in a VPN while looking for the best VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada:
- It must have a larger server network, including many servers throughout the United States.
- It must have fast servers for HD streaming of YouTube TV live shows.
- It must employ cutting-edge encryption technology, such as AES-256-bit encryption.
- It must have a dependable customer support crew available 24/7.
- It should be able to unblock YouTube TV and comparable streaming services.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is a streaming platform that provides content from well-known network broadcasters. It provides media from popular network broadcasters that are not typically available on other platforms.
YouTube TV is a streaming service owned by YouTube LLC, which is subordinate to Google and includes VOD and live TV streaming of 85 channels; you can also stream Live TV major broadcasts and premium cable networks on YouTube TV.
Why is YouTube TV Geo-Restricted in Canada?
Why Isn’t Youtube TV available in Canada? Due to geo-blocking policies, YouTube TV is not available in Canada. It is currently only available in the United States. However, you can access YouTube TV in Canada with the steps outlined in our guide.
Even though YouTube TV also geo-limits its content, which can leave you waiting for your favorite show on a US-based channel. Though the good news is you can watch YouTube TV in Canada with the assistance of a good VPN.
How to Subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada?
Can I pay for YouTube TV in Canada with non-US payment methods? You can pay for YouTube TV in Canada with non-US Payment methods. We have illustrated alternate payment methods below:
Method 1: How to Pay for YouTube TV in Canada with Gift Cards?
How do I pay for YouTube TV outside US? You can pay for YouTube TV with Gift Cards with the following steps:
- Get a premium VPN with optimized US servers. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a secure ExpressVPN’s US server.
- Go to mygiftcardsupply.com and purchase a YouTube TV Gift Card equivalent to the cost of your subscription plan.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store’s website.
- Ensure you use the same Google account associated with your YouTube TV.
- Select Redeem on the left side.
- Proceed to enter the Gift card code.
- Confirm to Subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada with a Gift Card.
- Congratulations, you have successfully paid for YouTube TV Subscription in Canada.
- Future transactions for YouTube TV subscriptions will be processed through the balance of your gift cards.
Method 2: How do I Subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada with PayPal?
A valid US PayPal account can be used for a YouTube TV subscription in Canada. A PayPal account in the United States can be opened via two methods. If you don’t have access to a US bank account, you can always ask a friend/family member to pay for your YouTube TV subscription, and then you can reimburse the subscription fees.
Or you can use a more hands-on approach; you can create your own US PayPal account by following these steps:
- Get a premium VPN and connect to a secure US server before registering to PayPal. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Register with a new email address. (Don’t use an email ID that is already used for PayPal registration).
- Enter your credit card number and actual billing address.
- Change from a local postal code to a USA Zip code.
- You can do it by replacing the letters with 0s.
- Paste the US zip code into USPC.com and ensure its existence. If it comes invalid, then replace zeros at the end with 1.
- Add the US city address located from the USPS link with your actual street address to finish the process.
- Congratulations, you have successfully created a US PayPal account if the account is validated.
- You can use the PayPal account details to subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada.
How much does YouTube TV cost in Canada?
As a cord-cutter, you must wonder how much is YouTube TV in Canada? Well, the following are the YouTube TV Canada Price and Subscription plans:
|YouTube TV Base Plan||YouTube TV Spanish Plan|
|Price in US Dollars||USD 72.99/mo||USD 34.99/mo|
|Price in Canadian Dollars||CAD 96.99/mo||CAD 46.50/mo|
|Number of Accounts to Share||6||6|
|Add-On||More Spanish Content for CAD 19.92/mo (USD 14.99)||No Add-ons available|
Note: How much is YouTube TV for the month? As a new subscriber, you will be charged CAD 86.36/mo for your first three months and CAD 96.99/mo thereafter.
YouTube TV Base Plan:
- Price of $72.99/month.
- 100+ Live Channels (including live and local TV)
- Exclusive Sports Features
- A 14-day free trial subscription
- No 2-year Contract is Needed
- Unlimited cloud DVR space
- 6 accounts to share
- 3 simultaneous Connections
- Cancel Anytime
YouTube TV Spanish Plan:
- Costs $34.99/mo.
- 28+ channels in Spanish
- A 14-day free trial subscription
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage
- 6 accounts to share
- 3 simultaneous streams
- Cancel Anytime
Free Trial for 20 Minutes:
Good News for all streaming enthusiasts: YouTube TV offers non-subscribers the choice to watch live TV for up to 20 minutes before signing up or having a paid subscription; it will allow non-subscribers to watch Live TV for a little period, so why are you wasting this opportunity visit YouTube TV’s official website to avail this deal.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
Yes, a free VPN can be used to view YouTube TV in Canada, but we do not encourage it. Free VPNs lack proper security procedures and cannot bypass geo-restrictions on streaming sites like YouTube TV. Not only will you be unable to access YouTube TV in Canada, but you also risk disclosing your data to third parties.
Therefore, you must use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada. It prevents data leaks and speed throttling and protects your online identity.
How to Fix YouTube TV Is Not Working Error? [Troubleshooting Tips Dec 2023]
If you are getting geo-restriction errors while accessing YouTube TV from Canada, even after using a premium VPN:
- Clear cache and cookies, then refresh the page.
- Try a different US server in your VPN app.
- Change your device date and time to the US region.
- Flush DNS from your device by opening CMD.
How to Disable the Location Tracking Services on My Device?
Follow the below steps to disable the location tracking services on your device:
For Android Users
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Permissions.
- Go to Location and turn it off.
For iOS Users
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Privacy.
- Click on Location Services and turn it off.
Compatible Devices with YouTube TV in Canada
Which devices does YouTube TV support? Here is the list of devices that are compatible with YouTube TV in Canada:
- Android TV
- iOS Devices
- Fire TV Stick and others
- Vizio SmartCast TVs
- Samsung & LG smart TVs (2016 and newer models)
- Xbox Series
- Android Devices
- Roku players
- Google Chromecast
- Samsung & LG smart TVs (2016 and newer models)
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada on Android Devices?
Here is how you can watch YouTube TV in Canada on Android devices:
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the YouTube TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, YouTube TV is now available on your Android device.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on iOS Devices?
Here is how you can get YouTube TV in Canada on iOS devices:
- Change your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for YouTube TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows now.
How to Access YouTube TV Canada on Roku?
Here is how you can watch YouTube TV with access to Roku:
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the US server.
- Now, insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select YouTube TV on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How Can I Get YouTube TV in Canada on PS3/PS4?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to get YouTube TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “YouTube TV.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- YouTube TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How do I access YouTube Canada on Xbox?
Follow these easy steps to access YouTube TV for Xbox users:
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect with the server in the US.
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps.”
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- “That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How Can You Watch YouTube TV in Canada on Firestick?
Can you watch YouTube on Fire Stick Canada? Follow the below-mentioned steps to watch YouTube TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your Firestick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to the US server.
- Enter the word ‘YouTube TV‘ and press enter.
- The ‘YouTube TV app for Fire TV Stick‘ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the YouTube TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the YouTube TV app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now, you can start watching YouTube TV on Firestick in Canada.
How do I get YouTube TV in Canada on Apple TV?
Here is how you can get YouTube TV in Canada on Apple TV:
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the YouTube TV app, and you are done.
How Can You Get YouTube TV in Canada on Smart TV?
Here is how you can get YouTube TV in Canada on Smart TV:
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV and create a free account to start watching.
How do I stream YouTube in Canada on PC Users?
Here is how you can stream YouTube TV in Canada on a PC:
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the YouTube TV website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching YouTube TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
YouTube TV in Canada Alternatives
While YouTube TV is a fantastic addition for cord-cutters, there are other top Streaming Services that are available:
- DirecTV NOW
- Hulu with Live TV
- Sling TV
- PlayStation Vue
What are the 20 Best Movies on YouTube TV in Canada?
Following are the 20 best movies to binge-watch on YouTube TV in Canada:
- Project Almanac (2015)
- The Rising Hawk (2019)
- The Grinch (2018)
- Home Alone (1990)
- Before We Go (2014)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- The First Time (2012)
- The Batman (2022)
- My Friend Dahmer (2017)
- Where the Crawdads Sing (2022)
- The Ron Clark Story (2006)
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)
- The Black Phone (2021)
- Ready Player One (2018)
- Sydney White (2007)
- Don’t Worry Darling (2022)
- Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)
- Pitch Perfect (2012)
- Secret Window (2004)
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
What are the Top 20 Shows on YouTube TV in Canada?
Following are the top 20 shows to binge-watch on YouTube TV in Canada:
- When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions (2008)
- Killing Eve (2018)
- Yellowstone (2018)
- Charmed (2018)
- Undercover Chef (2020)
- House of the Dragon (2022)
- Savage Kingdom (2016)
- Billions (2016)
- Friday Night in with the Morgan (2020)
- Animal Fight Night (2014)
- Step Up: High water (2018)
- All of us are Dead (2022)
- Succession (2018)
- Queen of South (2016)
- Snowfall (2017)
- Euphoria (2019)
- The Simpsons (1989)
- Best Shot (2018)
- Rick and Morty (2013)
- The Thing About Pam (2022)
Which Live Channels are available on YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube TV offers more than 85 Live Channels. Moreover, there are several international channels available on YouTube TV that feature captivating content. Different options are available on YouTube TV, such as regional sports channels, local entertainment channels, and live TV streaming.
Following is the list of live channels available on YouTube TV in Canada:
FAQs – YouTube TV in Canada
Is YouTube TV in Canada?
No, YouTube TV is only available in America. But you can get YouTube TV in Canada through a VPN.
Does YouTube TV work in Canada?
No, YouTube TV doesn’t work in Canada, and only a VPN can allow you to access YouTube TV in Canada because the available programs may vary depending on your location and local networks in the area you’re visiting.
Is YouTube TV on Amazon Prime?
No, since the end of 2019, Amazon Prime has been unavailable on YouTube TV.
Can YouTube TV be used in Canada?
No, you cannot easily use YouTube TV in Canada only a VPN can help you to access YouTube TV.
Why is there no YouTube TV in Canada?
Because YouTube TV is only accessible in the US due to geo-restriction policies, which means you need to get a VPN to access the restricted YouTube TV content.
What is included in YouTube TV Canada?
There is no YouTube TV Canada first you need a VPN then you can get live sports, news, and shows from many channels like CBS, NBC, FOX, HGTV, and so many more.
How can I watch live TV in Canada?
Once you have subscribed to a reliable VPN, you can watch live TV on YouTube in Canada.
Can you trick YouTube TV with a VPN?
A big YES! You can easily trick YouTube TV using a VPN by signing on to a server in another country.
When will YouTube TV be available in Canada?
There aren’t any official announcements about the availability of YouTube TV in Canada.
Does YouTube TV have international channels?
Yes, YouTube TV offers a variety of channels, almost 90 channels, including Local and international. But again, it depends on the location to get the most channels to subscribe to a VPN.
How does YouTube TV detect VPN?
The IP addresses these free VPNs offer are easily detectable, so YouTube TV can easily detect the VPN IP address. That’s why we suggest our readers use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Why is YouTube TV so expensive?
YouTube TV offers a range of different channels, which include local and international streaming channels; also, you can record the shows to stream later, which make it one of the most reliable streaming service.
Can I watch YouTube TV Canada with a VPN?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV outside the US with the help of a premium VPN, which will help you bypass the restrictions and allow you to access YouTube TV outside the US.
Why is YouTube TV not available in Canada?
Unfortunately, you can’t stream YouTube TV in Canada because of content geo-restriction policies and streaming rights issues.
Is YouTube TV free in Canada?
First, you need a VPN to access YouTube TV in Canada then you can avail YouTube TV free trial for 5 days; all you have to do is sign up, make sure you have connected to the internet, and use a supported device, then choose a valid payment method and start streaming YouTube TV free in Canada.
Can I watch YouTube TV in Canada with a VPN?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in Canada with a VPN, which will change your IP address and provide you with a new one to access YouTube TV in Canada.
Can I watch YouTube TV outside the US?
Yes, you can easily watch YouTube TV outside the US by subscribing to a reliable VPN; our recommendation is ExpressVPN, as it has the most secure and reliable US servers, which will unblock all YouTube TV content outside the US.
Does VPN work on YouTube TV?
Yes, VPN works perfectly on YouTube TV; all you have to do is choose a VPN service that can allow you to access YouTube TV securely.
What is YouTube TV Canada’s yearly subscription fees?
A yearly YouTube TV subscription costs $779.88 (i.e., $64.99 monthly).
Watch Australian Open 2023 Live Stream on YouTube TV in Canada
The 110th Australian Open tournament began on January 17, 2022, and ended on January 30, 2022.
If you missed the tournament, you could still watch highlights of live matches from the 2022 Australian Open on YouTube TV in Canada using ExpressVPN‘s US servers.
YouTube TV is one of the live streaming platforms, with millions of active users flocking to their platform to keep their users entertained even though it is geo-restricted outside of the US region and would always need a VPN connection to bypass the connection we previously mentioned in this blog.
According to our recommendation for the Best VPN to watch YouTube TV, ExpressVPN is the way to go. We hope you all had a good time and learned much after that.
People Also Read: