Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can you watch YouTube TV in Canada? No, you cannot watch YouTube TV in Canada unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is YouTube TV available in Canada? Unfortunately, no, YouTube TV is not available in Canada. However, you can watch YouTube TV Canada with a premium VPN.
Contemporarily, Google has finally introduced its IPTV service known as YouTube TV. It is a premium video-on-demand streaming platform. It has over 85+ live TV channels and plenty of on-demand content. You can enjoy live streaming on various devices without a cable TV subscription. So, can you get YouTube TV Canada? No, you cannot get YouTube TV Canada of the geo-restriction.
Read this blog to learn how to unblock YouTube TV Canada with the best VPN services.
How to Watch YouTube TV Canada [Step by Step Guide Mar 2023]
To watch YouTube TV in Canada, you’ll need to do the following:
- Subscribe and download a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN because it has exceptional unblocking capabilities and an expansive network of high-functioning servers.
- Install and log in to the VPN on your streaming device.
- Go to the servers list and connect to a server in the United States. We recommend ExpressVPN’s Dallas server.
- Now you can watch critically-acclaimed content on YouTube TV Canada.
Note: American users can now enter a Canadian credit card on YouTube TV. However, this does not imply that you can access its website without a VPN. You will still require a VPN and need to connect to the US server.
Why Do You Need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada?
Can you unblock YouTube TV Canada without a VPN? You cannot unblock YouTube TV Canada without a VPN because of the geo-restriction and copyright licensing. Even if you are an American citizen traveling abroad, you cannot access the service directly from any other region. If you attempt to access the service from a location other than the United States, you will receive the following error message:
So, how can you access YouTube TV Canada? To bypass YouTube TV’s geo-restriction, you’ll need a VPN because it will spoof your location, making it impossible for YouTube TV servers to detect and block you.
VPNs are the best options for unblocking any geo-restricted site, such as Voot in Canada, Sky Sports in Canada, and Best VPN for Netflix in Canada because they allow you to access the platform while concealing your identity, IP address, and geographical location as well.
Top 5 VPNs to Get YouTube TV in Canada [Quick Overview Mar 2023]
Before a brief overview, look at the short preview of the Top 5 YouTube TV VPNs in Canada.
- ExpressVPN: This VPN network is safe and reliable that comes with over 3000 servers worldwide. It has 20 highly optimized servers in the USA. The price that ExpressVPN offers is $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in the USA, making it one of the most extensive services, with blazing fast speed, highly secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This is a high-bandwidth VPN connection with more than 5200 servers worldwide. NordVPN gives you 1970+ servers in the USA, in 15 different locations. You can get NordVPN for just $3.67/month for its 2-year package.
- Surfshark: It is a budget-friendly VPN and is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe. Surfshark offers over 600 servers in the USA.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA, fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Canada [Detailed Analysis March 2023]
Now, look at our list of the 5 Top VPNs to get YouTube TV in Canada in 2023 that are best for bypassing many geo-restricted websites and channels.
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada
- ExpressVPN is our top recommendation for YouTube TV because of its fast-streaming speeds, unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 chat support, and compatibility with a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, Xbox, and PlayStation.
- This best VPN provides over 3000 blazing fast servers in 90+ countries and 500+ fastest servers in the United States, which reliably unblock YouTube TV in HD without any buffering issues.
- Moreover, ExpressVPN can bypass YouTube TV restrictions for as little as CAD 8.76 (USD 6.67) per month, with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Also, you can use ExpressVPN to watch American Netflix in Canada, Hulu in Canada, Peacock TV in Canada, or any other channel/platform in Canada.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access YouTube TV in Canada
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- It has a built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries.
- Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading speed in the United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as the kill switch feature and split tunneling, that ensure you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- CyberGhost costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years, but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – User-Friendly VPN to Unblock YouTube TV Canada
- With the above two, NordVPN is another big player in the VPN market; it has many fast servers around the world, does not collect logs, and is well-known as a good VPN for online streaming.
- It supports up to six concurrent connections, allowing you and your family or friends to share a single account for secure streaming.
- NordVPN is simple to set up on a variety of devices. It also offers 24-hour customer service and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- It is a more expensive but worthwhile option ($3.67 per month).
You can also watch the following channels with NordVPN:
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Stream YouTube TV in Canada
- Surfshark is a high-quality but reasonably priced VPN service. The price for its 2-year plan is $2.49 per month with 3 months extra (free).
- Surfshark employs industry-leading encryption, does not collect logs, and will keep you safe and anonymous on the internet.
- Surfshark also performs well in speed tests and has a large number of fast servers in the United States and around the world.
- It is compatible with a wide range of streaming devices, including YouTube TV and Netflix but also bypasses China’s Great Firewall, which is a big deal and a challenge for a VPN.
- Surfshark also includes an ad-blocker, supports unlimited devices, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access YouTube TV in Canada
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options.
- It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- It also comes with a 30-day hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies.
- It also has a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is an amazing stage that communicates with some of the best organizations on their foundations, such as Vudu in Canada, DirecTV NOW in Canada, SlingTV in Canada, and others. There are no recorder costs, HD quality charges, rental boxes, retraction, additional shows, or anything else. Being one of these live-streaming platforms provides access to five major networks in the United States, including ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox, and NBC, as well as approximately 40 cable channels owned by parent companies.
Why is YouTube TV Geo-Restricted in Canada?
Due to geo-blocking policies, YouTube TV is not available in Canada. It is currently only available in the United States. However, you can access YouTube TV in Canada with the steps outlined in our guide.
Even though YouTube TV also geo-limits its content, which can leave you waiting for your favorite show on a US-based channel. Though the good news is you can watch YouTube TV in Canada with an assistance of a good VPN.
How to fix YouTube TV is not working error? [Troubleshooting ideas Mar 2023]
If you are getting geo-restriction errors while accessing YouTube TV from Canada, even after using a premium VPN, then opt for the following hacks:
- Clear cache and cookies from your browser, then refresh the page.
- Try a different US server in your VPN app.
- Change your device date and time to the US region.
- Flush DNS from your device by opening CMD.
What is the cost of YouTube TV in Canada?
The basic subscription plan for YouTube TV costs USD 64.99 per month. You can have a maximum of six accounts. You will also get a free YouTube TV trial for 5 days, and the subscription will give you access to 90+ YouTube TV channels. You can also get traditional services for an additional USD 37/per month. However, buying the best VPN for YouTube in Canada will cost you additionally.
How to Subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada?
Can I watch YouTube TV in Canada? Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in Canada using a VPN provider is equivalent to one side of the coin and the other side of the coin when you buy a YouTube TV subscription. Although a VPN will allow you to bypass the geo-restrictions on the content, it will not make your YouTube TV subscription free.
- Purchase ExpressVPN and download its app.
- Install the app and open it.
- Log in to the app and connect to a US server.
- Open a PayPal account in the United States.
- Create a US Gmail account to subscribe to YouTube TV.
Let me explain the process in detail.
Open a PayPal Account
To subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada, you must first need a valid US PayPal ID. You can either ask a friend or family member in the US for their PayPal account, or you can get one yourself by following the steps below:
- Connect to a VPN server in the United States. Begin the sign-up process with an email address you’ve never used before.
- Enter all your information correctly, including your credit card number and street address.
- As a US Zipcode, enter your local postal code. Remove the alphabet from your city’s postal code to make it all numbers, then add two zeroes at the end.
- Enter this Zip code into the USPS website link and double-check that it exists. If it fails, replace one of the zeros at the end with a 1.
- Finally, enter the US city address from the USPS link and your actual street address to complete the process.
Create a US Gmail Account
To complete the YouTube TV subscription process, follow the steps below to create a Gmail account in the United States:
- Go to Google and sign up for a new Gmail account.
- Make sure that the United States is selected as the country for your account.
- Now confirm the email with your phone number.
- That’s all there is to it — you now have a US email address to use with your YouTube TV account.
Subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada
Now that you’ve completed all of the needed steps, it’s time to subscribe to YouTube TV.
- Go to YouTube TV.
- Sign up using your newly created Gmail account in the United States.
- Choose PayPal as your payment method and sign in with your PayPal account in the United States.
- Google will send you verifying email that you were charged $1.00 and then refunded; make sure you have at least $1.00.
- That’s all – enjoy streaming YouTube TV in Canada.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
Unfortunately, a big NO. Free VPNs are a no-no for whatever you want to do. There are no guarantees about private data storage, leaks, poor security implementations, pop-ups, or anything else. Not to mention that YouTube is blacklisting free VPN servers from free VPN providers. Because hundreds of thousands of users use the same VPN software, YouTube can easily detect it.
So, all you have left is a premium VPN service provider, such as mentioned above, Surfshark, NordVPN, or ExpressVPN.
How to Choose the Best VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada?
It’s difficult to choose a VPN because many on the market have essentially the same set of functionalities. Some provide a large server network, while others emphasize security, speed, or the ability to circumvent a wider range of services.
However, look for the following qualities in a VPN while looking for the best VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada:
- It must have a larger server network, including many servers throughout the United States.
- It must have fast servers for HD streaming of YouTube TV live shows.
- It must employ cutting-edge encryption technology, such as AES-256-bit encryption.
- It must have a dependable customer support crew available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- It should be able to unblock YouTube TV and comparable streaming services.
Should You Expect to Encounter YouTube TV VPN/proxy detection Error?
When using a free VPN or a paid VPN with weak security protocols to access YouTube TV, you encounter a proxy/VPN detection error. Because YouTube TV has very strong security protocols, it can easily detect and block weak VPNs. To resolve this error, you will require a dependable VPN service, such as ExpressVPN, with AES 256 encryption and powerful servers.
How to Disable the Location Tracking Services on My Device?
Follow the below steps to disable the location tracking services on your device:
For Android Users:
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Permissions.
- Go to Location and turn it off.
For iOS Users:
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Privacy.
- Click on Location Services and turn it off.
What to Watch on YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube TV currently has over 73 YouTube TV channels available on its platform. This is for their basic subscription, which can be upgraded to a total of 81 channels for a small fee.
Now that you know how to watch YouTube TV in Canada let’s talk about what to watch on YouTube TV. Unless you’re a TV show addict like us, you’ve probably already got a list. If not, then continue reading and take a look at our YouTube TV Canada Channel list.
Compatible Devices with YouTube TV Canada
What devices can I use to watch YouTube TV Canada? You can also watch YouTube TV in Canada on handheld devices like Android or iPhones, iPads, smart TVs, media players, and many others. So, if you want to find out then keep scrolling!
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada on Android Devices
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the YouTube TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, YouTube TV is now available on your Android device.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on iOS Devices
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for YouTube TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
How to Access YouTube TV Canada on Roku
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select YouTube TV on the Roku homescreen, and you are good to go.
How Can I Get YouTube TV in Canada on PS3/PS4
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “YouTube TV.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- YouTube TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Stream YouTube TV Canada on Xbox
Follow these easy steps to get YouTube TV for Xbox Users:
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect with the server in the US.
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps.”
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- “That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Kodi
- Install a VPN that is compatible with YouTube TV. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the YouTube TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How Can you Watch YouTube TV in Canada on Firestick
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to the US server.
- Enter the word ‘YouTube TV‘ and press enter.
- The ‘YouTube TV app for Fire TV Stick‘ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the YouTube TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the YouTube TV app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching YouTube TV on Firestick in Canada.
How to Access YouTube TV in Canada on Apple TV
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the YouTube TV app, and you are done.
How Can you Get YouTube TV in Canada on Smart TV
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada on PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the YouTube TV website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching YouTube TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
Quick Trouble Shooting Tips if YouTube TV Stops Working in Canada
Follow the below steps if you aren’t able to watch YouTube TV in Canada even with the VPN enabled:
- Clear your browser cache, cookies, and history, and then try again despite the kind of device you are using.
- If you are using any handheld device like a smartphone or tablet, then disable your GPS or location service.
- Then disconnect and reconnect VPN to any other US-based server.
- Lastly, open Command Prompt and type this: ipconfig/flushdns to flush your DNS.
YouTube TV in Canada Alternatives
While YouTube TV is a fantastic addition for cord-cutters, there are other amazing options, such as:
- DirecTV NOW
- Hulu with Live TV
- Sling TV
- PlayStation Vue
FAQs on YouTube TV in Canada
Is YouTube TV in Canada?
No, YouTube TV is only available in America. But you can get YouTube TV in Canada through a VPN.
Does YouTube TV work in Canada?
While traveling in the United States, you can watch YouTube TV, but the available programs may vary depending on your location ad local networks in the area you’re visiting.
Is YouTube TV on Amazon Prime?
No, since the end of 2019, Amazon prime is not available on YouTube TV.
Can you get YouTube TV in Canada?
Yes, you can get YouTube TV in Canada with the help of a reliable and premium VPN, we recommend ExpressVPN.
How do I pay for YouTube TV outside US?
You can pay for YouTube TV outside the US by connecting to a good VPN US-based server.
Can you trick YouTube TV with a VPN?
A big YES! You can easily trick YouTube TV using a VPN by signing on to a server in another country.
How do I get YouTube TV in Canada?
You can get YouTube TV in Canada with a premium VPN to bypass the restriction of the streaming site.
When will YouTube TV be available in Canada?
There aren’t any official announcements about the availability of YouTube TV in Canada.
Can I watch YouTube TV outside the US?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV outside the US with the help of a premium VPN which will help you to bypass the restrictions and allow you to access YouTube TV outside the US.
Why is YouTube TV not available in Canada?
Unfortunately, you can’t stream YouTube TV in Canada because of content geo-restriction policies and streaming rights issues.
Is YouTube TV free in Canada?
You can avail YouTube TV free trial for 5 days, all you have to do is just sign up, make sure you have connected to the internet and use a supported device, then choose a valid payment method of payment and start streaming YouTube TV free in Canada.
What are YouTube TV’s yearly subscription fees?
A YouTube TV yearly subscription costs $779.88 (i.e., $64.99 per month).
How much is YouTube TV in Canada?
The subscription price of YouTube TV in Canada is CAD 82.58/month for one membership. You can also get traditional services for an additional CAD 46.44/month.
Watch Australian Open 2023 Live Stream on YouTube TV in Canada
The 110th Australian Open tournament began on January 17, 2022, and ended on January 30, 2022. If you missed the tournament, you could still watch highlights of live matches from the 2022 Australian Open on YouTube tv in Canada using ExpressVPN’s US servers.
YouTube TV is one of the live streaming platforms, with millions of active users flocking to their platform to keep their users entertained. Even though it is geo-restricted outside of the US region, and would always need a VPN connection to bypass the connection we previously mentioned in this blog. According to my recommendation for the Best VPN to watch YouTube TV, ExpressVPN is the way to go. I hope you all had a good time and learned much after that.
People Also Read:
- YouTube TV in UK
- YouTube TV in Mexico
- YouTube TV in Brazil
- YouTube TV in Philippines
- YouTube TV in Australia
- YouTube TV Outside USA