Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can you Get AT&T TV in Canada? Yes, you can get AT&T TV in Canada by subscribing to a reliable VPN; our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
Is AT&T TV available in Canada? No, AT&T TV is not available in Canada, but you can watch AT&T TV in Canada through a VPN service; our recommendation is ExpressVPN, as it is the most trusted and secure VPN.
AT&T TV Now, formerly known as DirecTV Now is not available anywhere outside the USA. To watch AT&T TV Now in Canada, you will have to unblock it. Luckily, in this blog, We are going to tell you everything about watching AT&T TV Now in Canada as well as the best VPNs for unblocking its geo-restrictions. So, let’s get started.
How to watch AT&T TV Now in Canada [Quick Guide December 2023]
Here’s how you can unblock and watch AT&T TV Now in Canada:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service, We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install it on whatever device you are using.
- Find ‘US’ Servers in the server list and connect to them.
- On your device, open AT&T TV Now in a new tab.
- Sign up or log in AT&T TV Now website using your credentials to watch AT&T TV Now in Canada.
It’s time to stream after you’ve followed the above steps and a few beers. Or, if you’re still confused about which VPN to choose and why a VPN connection is required to access AT&T TV Now in Canada, then let’s go on to the next section of this blog!
Why is AT&T TV Now geo-restricted in Canada?
AT&T TV Now streaming service, like most other American streaming services, is geo-restricted outside of the United States. That means AT&T TV Now will not be available in Canada, UK, Australia, and other countries except the USA. It’s a live-streaming service offered only in some portions of the United States.
The system uses the IP address to track the viewer’s location. When you try to access AT&T TV Now in Canada, the following message will appear:
“Access Denied. You don’t have permission to access http://www.atttvnow.com/select-plan on this server.”
So, take a look at the best three VPNs to bypass its geo-blocking to watch AT&T TV Now in Canada or anywhere in the world.
Top 3 VPNs for watching AT&T TV Now in Canada [Quick Guide Dec 2023]
- ExpressVPN: It is a high-speed VPN that is ideal for streaming. Consistent data connectivity and a diverse app choice.
- NordVPN: It has over 1,600 servers. Compatible with AT&T TV Now, Netflix, and other services. With a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, it’s really safe.
- Surfshark: It is the best VPN for AT&T TV Now on a budget. There are no limits to the number of connections that can be made with user-friendly service, with live chat available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and a strict no-logs policy.
3 Best VPNs to Watch (DirecTV Now) AT&T TV Now in Canada [Detailed Analysis December 2023]
Below, We’ve listed the 3 best VPN services to watch AT&T TV Now in Canada without interruption.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Unblock and Watch AT&T TV Now in Canada
- ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch AT&T TV Now in Canada because it combines speed and security. ExpressVPN boasts over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, including the United States. We have evaluated ExpressVPN’s servers and found them to be ideal for watching high-definition movies and TV shows.
- In addition, we’ve discovered that the VPN connection nearly never drops.
- ExpressVPN guarantees 99.9% uptime and an excellent array of apps that ExpressVPN offers sets it apart from many of its competitors. It offers MediaStreamer, a clever DNS proxy service that allows you to use the VPN with select smart TVs and games and user-friendly desktop and mobile apps.
- Another advantage to selecting ExpressVPN is its quick and responsive live chat support, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and allows you to get assistance in a matter of seconds.
- While keeping you safe online, the top VPNs can unblock geo-restricted platforms like DSTV in Canada, Voot in Canada, 9Now in Canada, and much more. It encrypts your data with 256-bit AES encryption and protects it against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. ExpressVPN protects your privacy with a kill switch, split tunneling, and a no-logs policy. It’s even possible to use a disposable email address and pay in Bitcoin to sign up for the service anonymously.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Unblock and Watch AT&T TV Now in Canada
- NordVPN is another great VPN option because it has roughly 1,900 servers in the United States, this is possible. It does, in fact, have one of the largest VPN server networks, with over 5,000 servers in 60 countries. Even more, NordVPN is a wonderful deal, allowing you to connect up to 6 compatible devices at once. Specialty servers are available through NordVPN for even more security.
- There are servers dedicated to using Tor over VPN, having a dedicated IP address, and browsing from censored countries. NordVPN offers a kill button and uses 256-bit AES encryption. It also protects against DNS leaks. Furthermore, this service adheres to a stringent log-free policy.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami.
with NordVPN you can access this channels:
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Unblock and Watch AT&T TV Now in Canada
- It features at least 24 servers in the United States, which is significantly more than most VPNs. This makes it simple to choose a fast, reliable server from anywhere in the world to stream AT&T TV Now. This VPN also works with Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max in Canada, and other major streaming entertainment services.
- Surfshark has a unique function that allows you to connect an unlimited number of compatible devices at the same time, which is ideal for sharing with family. If you’re new to using a VPN, Surfshark’s user-friendly tools and browser extensions will be handy. There are a lot of cool features, such as double VPN servers for increased anonymity and an ad and malware blocker.
- Surfshark protects your data using 256-bit AES encryption, as well as a kill switch and DNS leak protection. This no-logs VPN service accepts cryptocurrency payments to safeguard your privacy.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit.
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
What is AT&T TV Now?
AT&T TV Now, formerly known as AT&T TV Now, is one of the most popular streaming services in the United States. The channel is a stand-alone subscription video-on-demand service with major US channels such as ESPN Plus in Canada and SKY Sports in Canada.
AT&T TV Now is a low-cost, no-contract streaming TV app. Its app, AT&T TV Now, allows you to watch live TV as well as a variety of other exciting content being the finest option for cord-cutters. AT&T TV Now is a television subscription service that is only accessible in the United States. However, it appears that a VPN can assist in this regard.
What’s the difference between AT&T TV Now and AT&T TV App?
AT&T TV Now is a similar-to-cable service that includes a set-top box. You must sign a two-year contract, and there is a one-time activation cost as well. However, AT&T TV Now offers a contract-free streaming service. AT&T TV Now is a month-to-month service that can be canceled at any time and is not tethered to any physical devices.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access AT&T TV Now in Canada?
AT&T TV Now is a geo-restricted service, which means it can only be watched in the United States, where it was initially created. A VPN is required to unblock and watch this service in Canada. With a VPN, you can unblock geo-restricted content and stream it without any lags or buffering.
That’s why when you try to stream AT&T TV Now in Canada, the tracking system detects your local IP address and immediately blocks you from accessing the material.
However, not all VPN services can help you bypass AT&T TV Now’s geo-restrictions because they offer streaming protocols and sophisticated DNS technologies, few allow you to access geo-blocked content, and that’s why we have mentioned above the 5 best VPNs that will not only let you watch AT&T TV Now in Canada but also other geo-restricted platforms like Vudu in Canada, YouTube TV in Canada, SlingTV in Canada and many more!
Can I Watch a Free VPN to Watch AT&T TV Now in Canada?
Most free VPNs will not work with AT&T TV Now due to the severe regional limitations in place. Furthermore, we do not advocate using a free VPN for various reasons. Free VPNs, in particular, are quite slow. When you combine a small number of servers with many users, you have restricted bandwidth and a lot of buffering and lag!
Free VPNs are plagued by more than simply performance concerns. When it comes to security, free VPNs rarely meet the needed standards. In many circumstances, this implies your data isn’t protected with strong encryption. Furthermore, some free VPNs knowingly violate your privacy by logging your activities and selling this information to third parties.
How Much Does AT&T TV Now Cost?
Can I Get AT&T TV in Canada? Yes, you can get AT&T TV in Canada with a VPN, and then you can choose from a variety of plans depending on your needs. Each subscription plan has a specific amount of content. So, look at what each plan offers in terms of channels and subscribe as needed. The 5 AT&T TV Now plans are as follows:
- Optimo MÁS: $134.99/month
- Choice: $110/month
- Entertainment: $93/month
AT&T TV Now offers six distinct monthly plans with 40 to 125 live channels, with prices ranging from $50 (CAD 68) to $135 (CAD 183). It’s easy to understand that the more you pay, the more channels you receive.
Also, in case you didn’t know, AT&T TV Now’s Max and Plus plans include cloud-based DVR and free HBO. Starting at $6 per month, you can add your favorite individual premium channels and services.
Compatible Devices with AT&T TV Now in Canada
AT&T TV Now allows you to watch the video on three devices at the same time. This is useful if you have more than one family member who uses a different streaming platform with whom you want to share your account. So, here’s a list of streaming devices that are compatible with AT&T TV Now:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Android TV
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
- Google Chromecast
How to Watch AT&T TV Now in Canada on Android?
Here are the steps that you need to follow to watch AT&T TV Now in Canada on your Android devices.
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for AT&T TV Now app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, AT&T TV Now is now available on your Android device.
How to Stream AT&T TV Now in Canada on iOS?
Here are the steps that you need to follow to stream AT&T TV Now in Canada on your iOS devices.
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for AT&T TV Now in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
How Can You Watch AT&T TV Now in Canada on Roku?
Below are the steps you need to follow to binge AT&T TV Now in Canada on your Roku.
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select AT&T TV Now on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
Can I Watch AT&T TV Now in Canada on my PS3/PS4?
You can watch AT&T TV Now in Canada on PS3/PS4. Here is how:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “AT&T TV Now.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- AT&T TV Now has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Stream AT&T TV Now in Canada for Xbox Users?
The steps below will help you stream AT&T TV Now in Canada on your Xbox device.
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “AT&T TV Now” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How to Access AT&T TV Now in Canada for Kodi Users?
The steps we have mentioned below will help you access AT&T TV Now in Canada on Kodi.
- Install a VPN that is compatible with AT&T TV Now. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the AT&T TV Now add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How Can I Get AT&T TV Now in Canada for Firestick Users?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download AT&T TV Now in Canada on your Firestick device.
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to the US server.
- Enter the word ‘AT&T TV Now’ and press enter.
- The ‘AT&T TV Now app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the AT&T TV Now app has been installed, open it.
- Open the AT&T TV Now app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching AT&T TV on Firestick in Canada.
How to Watch AT&T TV Now in Canada for Apple TV Users?
Below are the steps you need to follow to watch AT&T TV Now in Canada on your Apple TV.
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- Download and install the AT&T TV Now app on your Apple TV, and you are done.
How to Download AT&T TV Now in Canada for Smart TV Users?
Here are the steps that you need to follow to download AT&T TV Now in Canada on your Smart TV.
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the AT&T TV Now app on your smart TV and create a free account to start watching.
How to Stream AT&T TV Now in Canada for PC Users?
Below are the steps you need to follow to stream AT&T TV Now in Canada on your PC.
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the AT&T TV Now website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching AT&T TV Now, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
List of Channels Available on AT&T TV Now in Canada
Disney, NBC Universal, and Viacom have all inked contracts with AT&T TV Now, which means that users in Canada will be able to watch these companies’ channels after subscribing to AT&T TV Now (DirecTV Now). With over 14,000 hours of on-demand programming in the form of Hollywood blockbusters and TV series. Here’s the list of the channels that are available to stream on AT&T TV Now in Canada:
- The CW
- Comedy Central
- Disney Channel
- Cartoon Network
- Food Network
- USA Network
- WE tv
FAQs on AT&T TV Now in Canada
Does AT&T TV work in Canada?
No, AT&T TV doesn’t work in Canada as it is only available in the US, but if you get a VPN, you can easily watch AT&T TV Now in Canada or anywhere.
Is AT&T TV Now available in Canada?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. AT&T TV Now is only available in the United States, AT&T TV Now is a geo-restricted service. You’ll need a VPN to watch it in Canada (We highly recommend ExpressVPN). You can simply watch AT&T TV Now in Canada by connecting to one of ExpressVPN’s several US servers.
Is AT&T TV the same as AT&T TV Now?
AT&T TV Now is essentially AT&T TV Now marketed as AT&T TV Now. AT&T announced the move in July 2019 as part of a plan to streamline its offerings under its own brand. There was no change for AT&T TV Now subscribers except that they had to accept the new terms of service.
Can I watch AT&T TV Now in Canada for free?
You can download the AT&T TV Now app on your devices for free but you have to pay for its subscription plans.
In terms of video on demand, though, AT&T TV Now is obviously moving in the right direction. But remember that if you live outside of the United States, you can effortlessly watch AT&T TV Now in Canada as long as you are connected to a VPN.
So, now that you know how to watch AT&T TV Now in Canada, you should subscribe to a premium VPN. For geo-restricted services, all of the VPNs listed above are quite trustworthy, but ExpressVPN is my top pick.
People also Read: