Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Is Sling TV available in Canada? No, Sling TV is not available in Canada but you can watch Sling TV in Canada with a reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Does Sling TV work in Canada? No, Sling TV doesn’t work in Canada as it is geo-restricted outside the USA, but the only way to watch Sling TV in Canada is by subscribing to a VPN with reliable servers in the USA. And ExpressVPN is the best Sling TV VPN that you can use to unblock in Canada.
How to Watch Sling TV in Canada [Quick Steps June 2023]
VPNs are the most convenient way to get around Internet filters and geo-restrictions. We can alter our IP addresses and (virtually) relocate to the United States by using a Sling TV VPN. To watch Sling TV in Canada, simply follow these simple steps:
- Subscribe to a virtual private network (VPN). ExpressVPN is the one we recommend.
- Install the VPN app on your device and log in.
- Select any US-based server from the list of servers.
- Go to the Sling TV app or website and press the ‘Connect’ option.
- Now you can watch Sling TV on any device in Canada.
Why do you need a VPN to access Sling TV in Canada?
Because Sling TV is an OTT service available only in the United States, you’ll need a VPN to utilize it in Canada. This channel has geo-restricted its services to the United States alone owing to licensing rights issues. However, with the use of a VPN like ExpressVPN, you can watch Sling TV in Canada. By connecting to ExpressVPN’s US servers, you can watch Sling TV in Canada and even access Hulu in Canada. Also, you can access DStv in Canada, Voot in Canada, Vudu in Canada, HBO Max in Canada, NBC in Canada, and many other channels with ExpressVPN.
If you try to access Sling TV in Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, you’ll get the following message:
To bypass its geo-restriction, use a VPN from our list of the best VPNs to watch Sling TV in Canada without any issues. The VPN hides your IP address and geographical location, fooling the channel into thinking you’re in the United States. This allows you to watch the channel from anywhere in the world.
Top 5 VPNs Get SlingTV in Canada [Quick Overview in Jun 2023]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch Sling TV in Canada:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in the USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Sling TV in Canada. Its offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage, a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in the USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, highly secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable, with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well as 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.671 a month and a 2-year plan of 72% off + 3 months FREE, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN to watch Adult Swim in Canada, available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Sling TV in Canada in [In-Depth Analysis June 2023]
Without further ado, here are the three best Sling VPNs to get Sling TV in Canada and watch your favorite geo-restricted content from anywhere outside of the United States:
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch Sling TV in Canada
ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN for watching Sling TV in Canada. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming BeIN Sports in the UK. It has over 300 servers in the United States, making it a good fit for YouTube TV in Canada, ABC in Canada, 9NOW in Canada, and ESPN in Canada. Due to its exceptionally low rate of performance degradation, the service is well-known in the industry and is regarded as the fastest VPN service.
ExpressVPN boasts more than 3,000 servers spread across 94 countries. ExpressVPN’s TrustedServer technology runs servers on RAM rather than disc storage to preserve your privacy. That means that all information about your online actions stored on ExpressVPN servers is deleted as soon as your session ends.
It is one of the industry’s oldest providers and has never been accused of disclosing DNS or IP addresses in any incident. Overall, ExpressVPN is an excellent pick, although it is slightly more expensive than its competitors, which may deter you. The annual bundle, which is the most popular, costs $6.67 each month.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Sling TV in Canada
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as the kill switch feature and split tunneling, ensuring you completely protect your data.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years, but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Trustworthy VPN to Watch Sling TV in Canada
NordVPN has 5,500 servers spread across 15 countries, including 30 in India. You’ll need a VPN to watch BEIN Sports in the United Kingdom. With over 5400 NordVPN servers in 59 countries, you’ll have the fastest VPN experience possible. The service has over 190 server locations in Australia and provides excellent buffer-free streaming.
NordVPN is a viable choice if you don’t like ExpressVPN’s plans and can’t try SurfShark because it’s still new on the market. It is possible to get a monthly subscription for as little as $4, and it has a similar track record to ExpressVPN. In addition, NordVPN provides high-speed connections, making it simple to stream in the UK or elsewhere in the world. Moreover, with NordVPN, you can watch multiple channels and platforms like Sling TV Outside USA, DirecTV NOW in Canada, and much more.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami
Surfshark – Economical VPN to Watch Sling TV in Canada
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN that allows you to Sling TV in Canada. With a 2-year membership costing only $2.49/mo, Surfshark is the cheapest VPN for Sling TV. In addition to being a low-cost VPN, it boasts high-speed servers that are great for seamless streaming.
So, if you’re looking for a low-cost VPN service, Surfshark is the best alternative. Over 100 servers spread around the United States ensure a good streaming experience. Surfshark has approximately 1700 servers in 63 locations and various premium features.
Recommended Servers: NewYork, Chicago, and Detroit
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Sling TV in Canada
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with a 30-day hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies, including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard and security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
How VPN Allows You to Access Sling TV in Australia?
VPN allows you to access Sling TV in Australia as all online video platforms, from VODs to TV streaming services to OTT providers, are required to adhere to content distribution regulations. Sling TV, for example, has the exclusive right to provide its service solely in the United States.Sling TV makes its service available to people outside the United States, the company will face legal consequences. We understand that if someone is paying for the service, this makes no sense, but it is what it is.
To comply with these content distribution regulations, Sling TV and all other streaming providers utilise IP-detecting techniques. When a user accesses the Sling TV website or app, the IP detecting tool scans the user, and if the IP address is not from the United States, it restricts the user’s access and displays the geo-location error.
This is when a VPN comes in handy! A VPN (Virtual Private Network) can conceal your local IP address and replace it with an IP address from the United States. So you use a VPN to connect to an American server and access Sling TV; the service’s IP detecting technology believes you are in the United States based on your American IP address and so allows you to view content in Australia.
How to Sign Up for Sling TV in Canada
To sign up for Sling TV in Canada, you need an American payment method. However, there are a few other options for signing up for Sling TV in Canada without using an American credit card.
Here’s how you can subscribe to Sling TV in Canada without using a US credit card:
Sign up using a Paypal Gift Card:
You can get a Sling TV subscription in Canada by purchasing a PayPal gift card and redeeming it on their website. To begin, follow the below-mentioned steps to sign up for Sling TV in Canada:
- Get a Sling TV PayPal gift card.
- The code will be delivered to your email address when you receive a gift card.
- Using a VPN, connect to the US server.
- Then go to the Sling TV website.
- Enter your PayPal gift card code.
- And you are good to go to enjoy your favorite content on Sling TV Canada.
Sign up using an American Virtual Prepaid Credit Card.
You can sign up for Sling TV in Canada using a US virtual prepaid card if you don’t have a PayPal account. So, here’s how you can do it.
- Browse the StatesPay website on your favorite device and select “Sign Up.”
- Now fill in all of the required information to create a virtual prepaid card in the United States.
- Once the account has been established, you can transfer funds using any Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card.
- Then connect to the VPN server in the United States.
- Now you can sign up for Sling TV with your StatesPay US virtual prepaid card by going to the Sling TV website.
Sling TV Packages
There are two types of Sling TV subscriptions: Blue and Orange. A basic package of 20+ channels is included in both the Orange and Blue plans, including BBC America, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TBS, Comedy Central, A&E, CNN, and more.
When you sign up for both the Sling Blue and Sling Orange subscriptions, Sling TV gives you a 25% discount. You can also take advantage of their $10 off (pay $25 instead of $35 for your first month) welcome deal, including a free DVR Plus (200 hours). Moreover, on the intro offer, you’ll have access to 30+ channels and thousands of TV series and movies for free.
You can choose from any of them, or as per our recommendation, you can also choose from the Orange + Blue plan, which will save you money overpaying for them separately.
- Price: $35/month
- 3 device streams
- No contracts
- Free 50-hour DVR
- Price: $35/month
- 1 device stream
- No contracts
- Free 50-hour DVR
Quick Trouble Shooting Tips if Sling TV Stops Working in Canada
Even if you use a VPN to connect to a US-based server, you are still unable to watch Sling TV in Canada. To fix the problem at this stage, you’ll need to make a few minor adjustments, which we’ve detailed below.
- Ensure your browser’s cache, cookies, and history are cleared before accessing Sling TV.
- Turn off the device’s GPS or location service feature first. Connect to any other US-based VPN server by disconnecting and reconnecting the VPN.
- Clear your DNS cache.
- Open Command Prompt and run ipconfig/flushdns on the command prompt.
What Devices Are Compatible with Sling TV?
VPNs that we recommend are compatible with a wide range of devices and operating systems. Fortunately, you can set up Sling TV on whatever device you desire. The following is a list of devices that you can use to watch Sling TV in Canada.
- Apple TV.
- Xbox One.
- Google Chromecast.
- iPhones, iPads (iOS 9 and up, iPhone 4.0 and up)
- Android smartphones, tablets, and TVs.
So, if you are wondering how to get Sling TV in Canada on these above-compatible devices, then no worries! Because below down, we will tell you how to download Sling TV for Canada on those devices, so don’t stop reading!
How to Install Sling TV App in Canada on Android Devices?
You can watch Sling TV App in Canada on Android devices by following the below steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Then install the VPN application on your Android device.
- Connect to a US server over the VPN.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Then Tap on ‘Account.’
- Add Another Account.
- Insert New Gmail ID (with the US as region)
- Then return to Play Store and search for Sling TV App.
- Then Download and Install Sling TV App on your Devices.
- Enjoy watching your favorite shows by logging in with your credentials.
How Can I Get Sling TV in Canada on iOS Device?
You can watch Sling TV App in Canada on iOS devices by following the below steps:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN, such as ExpressVPN.
- Then install the VPN application on your device.
- Connect to a US server over the VPN.
- Open App Store on your device.
- Then tap on Apple ID.
- Change the Country/ Region to the US.
- Then return to App Store.
- Search for Sling TV App.
- Then Download and Install Sling TV App on your device.
- Log in with your credentials to watch your favorite Sling TV shows.
How Can you watch Sling TV Canada on Roku?
You can watch Sling TV App in Canada on Roku by following the below steps:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote control.
- By using your remote control, go to the Search tab and type Sling TV.
- To pick the Sling TV app, press OK on your remote.
- Then go to Add Channel and select Sling TV.
- Once Sling TV has finished downloading, it will display on the Roku home screen.
- Then go to the icon and press OK.
- Log in to the Sling TV app with your credentials to watch Sling TV for Canada.
How Can I Access Sling TV in Canada on Mac?
You can watch Sling TV App in Canada on Mac by following the below steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Then install the VPN application on your Mac.
- Connect to a US server over the VPN.
- Open your browser and go to the official Sling TV website.
- Then click on Install Now to get the Sling TV app.
- Under the Laptops & Computers category, select the Apple icon.
- Once the download is complete, install the Sling TV App.
- Open the Sling TV app.
- Log in with your credentials and start watching live TV.
How Can I Get Sling TV in Canada on Xbox?
You can watch Sling TV App in Canada on Xbox by following the below steps:
- Switch on your Xbox One.
- Then go to Store, then Apps.
- Now select Browse all apps from the drop-down menu.
- Then type Sling TV in the search box.
- Install Sling TV by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- After the Sling TV app has been installed, open it.
- Then log in with your credentials to the Sling TV app.
- Now you can watch your favorite TV shows on your Xbox One.
Sling TV Canada Channels
As you know how to watch Sling TV in Canada, it’s time for you to explore what you can watch on Sling TV for Canada. So, keep going to find out our top recommendations amongst more than 200 channels!
- AXS TV
- BBC World News
- Bloomberg Television
- Cartoon Network & Adult Swim
- Discovery Channel
- Disney Channel
- Food Network
- Fox News
- Hallmark Channel
- History Channel
- National Geographic
- Paramount Network
Sling TV Alternatives
Here are some other amazing options as Sling TV alternatives, if you are looking to explore something more than extraordinary.
- DIRECTV NOW
- Hulu with Live TV
- YouTube TV
- PlayStation Vue
What Are the Pros and Cons of Sling TV?
An excellent selection of channels On-demand and rent features available Flexible subscription packages Free subscription tier Reliable and stable streams Several package choices and add-on options
Storage time is restricted to 10 hours. Limited local channels are not available outside of the United States or Puerto Rico. Sling TV package deals might be perplexing.
Is Sling TV Worth It?
The answer hides in your choices, Sling’s live TV packages are a unique add-on, and you may pay an additional $5 or $10 per month for packages like Comedy additional, Sports Extra, or Hollywood Extra.
The channels offered in each add-on bundle differ depending on whether you choose the Orange or Blue plan, and Sling TV offers the most options for customizing your content offering of any online streaming service so definitely you should give a try to Sling TV.
Other Top Streaming Services: (Sling TV Alternatives)
- YouTube TV
- Amazon Prime
- Peacock TV
- HBO Max
- Paramount Plus
FAQs on Sling TV in Canada
Is Sling TV available in Canada?
Sling TV is not available in Canada. But you can watch Sling TV in Canada by following the simple steps outlined in this post.
Why Can’t I Get Sling TV in Canada?
With geographic limits, Sling TV has several licensing arrangements with news organizations, media agencies, and production studios. Extending such licencing arrangements to a global audience or to Canada is not financially sustainable for the firm, but unblocking Sling TV in Canada is simple.
If you currently have a Sling TV subscription and are outside of the geo-restricted area where you can view it, you may use a VPN software to gain access to your Sling TV subscription.
Do I need a Sling TV VPN in Canada?
Well, yes, you surely need a Sling TV VPN in Canada. It is because the channel is restricted anywhere outside the USA, as we have explained above. Thus, without a Sling TV VPN, you cannot watch Sling TV in Canada.
Is Sling TV free in Canada?
Sling TV gives its subscribers a video subscription service as well as access to over-the-top (OTT) services and cable channels via digital media devices such as smartphones and smart TVs. However, it is only available in the United States and Puerto Rico; Canadians cannot access the service.
Can I get Sling TV in Canada Using a Free VPN?
Free VPNs are insecure, insecure, and insecure when it comes to security, privacy, and data protection. Those pesky ads with the free VPN are likely already stealing your personal information. Follow our recommendation to meet your streaming demands and use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN instead of a free VPN.
Can I watch Sling TV on multiple devices at one time?
Depending on the service you belong to, the number of devices on content that can be seen at the same time varies. Your three streams will include any extras you add to your SLING Blue service.
Is Sling TV Worth It?
Whether you choose the Orange or Blue plan, the channels offered in each add-on package vary, and Sling TV gives you the most options for personalizing your content offering of any online streaming service.
Sling TV cancellation: How do I cancel Sling?
You can cancel Sling Tv by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Activate your Sling TV subscription.
- To change your account settings, go to the Account Settings page.
- Select Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu.
- Select a reason for canceling and click Next.
- Choose to Cancel My Subscription from the drop-down menu.
Is Sling TV free with Amazon?
Yes, Sling TV has a new free streaming service, which is now available on Amazon Fire TV, Android, and Google TV.
How can I watch US TV in Canada?
If you want to watch US TV in Canada, you will need a reliable VPN, we recommend ExpressVPN.
How do I download Sling TV app outside the US?
To download Sling TV app outside the US, you will need a reliable VPN because Sling TV is only available in the USA, so Get ExpressVPN, connect with the US server, visit Sling TV official website, and start streaming.
Sling TV error 9-XXX: What is that?
Error Code 9-XXX happens for a reason, the most prevalent of which is a problem with account personalization services that stops video from our servers from reaching your device. Try watching a Sling TV show or movie from your cable provider’s Video-On-Demand library.
Sling TV is one of the most popular live-streaming sites, with millions of active users flocking to the site to be delighted, even though you’ll always need a VPN connection to get around the connection we described before in this blog.
We hope you all enjoyed yourselves and learned a lot after reading this blog about how to watch Sling TV in Canada, but if you still have any questions, please ask them in the comments section below!
People Also Read: