Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Is Sling TV available in Canada? No, Sling TV is not available in Canada but you can watch Sling TV in Canada with a reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Sling TV is a US-based streaming television service owned by a subsidiary of Dish Network and operated by Sling TV LLC. It offers different OTT and major cable channel content that you can stream on smart TVs, digital media players, and apps.
But Sling TV doesn’t work in Canada as it is geo-restricted outside the USA. However, you can watch Sling TV in Canada with a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has the best VPN deals and incredible unblocking capabilities.
Here is a detailed guide about how to get Sling TV in Canada, let’s dive into it!
How to Watch Sling TV in Canada [Quick Steps December 2023]
Follow these steps to get Sling TV in Canada:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN and Install its application on your streaming device. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Sign in to the ExpressVPN app with your credentials. Connect to a lightning-fast US server. We recommend the New York server.
- Navigate to the official site of Sling TV to watch on-demand and live content in Canada.
Why do you need a VPN to access Sling TV in Canada?
Sling TV is a geo-restricted streaming service that is why you need a VPN to watch Sling TV in Canada because it allows you to create a secure and encrypted connection to a server located in the USA to get around the geo-restrictions.
Once you connect to ExpressVPN’s American server, you can effectively spoof your actual location and give the impression that you are streaming Sling TV from the USA.
Is Sling TV blocked in Canada? Yes, Sling TV is blocked in Canada due to geo-restrictions. If you try to access Sling TV in Canada via your local IP address, You will see this error message on your screen:
Can you bypass Sling TV’s geo-restriction in Canada? You can bypass Sling TV’s geo-restriction in Canada using a credible and trustworthy VPN service. It will mask your local IP with an American IP to manipulate YouTube geo-location detectors. You can easily get around YouTube’s geo-restriction with a premium VPN.
Top 3 VPNs to Get Sling TV in Canada [Quick Overview in Dec 2023]
Following is a quick overview of the best Sling TV VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and 24 highly optimized server locations in the USA. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers 16 highly optimized US servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries with 600+ highly optimized servers in 25 locations in the USA. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How do I Sign Up for Sling TV in Canada?
How do I access my Sling account? To watch your favorite US channels on Sling TV Canada, you must first sign up for a Sling TV subscription. Simply ensure that you are connected to a VPN provider. To register quickly, follow the procedures given below:
- Connect to the New York server using the ExpressVPN app on your device.
- Then, open the SlingTV website or app and select the “Try it now” option.
- Register your account by entering your email address and password and clicking the “Continue” button from the drop-down menu.
- Select the SlingTV bundle that is best for you and click the “Check Out” button. Finally, enter your payment details and click the “Finish and submit” button.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Sling TV in Canada in [In-Depth Analysis December 2023]
After testing 40+ VPNs, we have highlighted the 3 best VPNs to watch Sling TV in Canada:
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch Sling TV in Canada
- Built-in speed: ExpressVPN allows you to check your web speed. Their fastest servers are operating in the United States.
- Standard of encryption: ExpressVPN uses an AES 256-bit encryption, which is considered the highest standard of encryption that cannot break easily.
- Kill switch feature: Furthermore, it has advanced security features, including DNS leak, Split tunneling, and kill switch features.
- It is most recommended for streaming geo-restricted platforms like YouTube TV in Canada, ABC in Canada, 9NOW in Canada, and ESPN in Canada.
- Complete Protection: ExpressVPN provides full protection, as it doesn’t monitor the IP address you are connecting from. For instance, your login time, the IP you’re using, any traffic, or any data concerning the pages are safe.
- Subscription Plan: The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors, but worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is priced at $6.67 a month for an annual package that includes three months free. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Double protection.
- Kill switch feature.
- Split tunneling supports.
- A large number of servers with fast speeds.
- Verified & audited “no-logs” policy.
- Expensive than other VPNs but worth it.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas
NordVPN – Trustworthy VPN to Watch Sling TV in Canada
- Fast Servers: It offers a huge server network, with over 5,700+ servers across the globe. Its fast servers can easily bypass the firewalls of any geo-restricted sites.
- High tunneling protocol: Nordlynx is software used by NordVPN as a tunneling protocol that supplies ultimate fast connections, no matter where you are. It prevents the internet speed from slowing down.
- Moreover, with NordVPN, you can watch multiple channels and platforms like Sling TV Outside USA, DirecTV NOW in Canada, and much more.
- Advanced Security: NordVPN provides advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, trusted Server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete privacy.
- Double Protection: NordVPN provides its users with an extra layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and encrypting their web traffic.
- Subscription plan: NordVPN costs $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fastest VPN.
- Safe internet connection.
- Easy to use.
- Uninterrupted streaming.
- Access on multiple devices.
- The app is a bit slow.
- Some downtime issues.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami
Surfshark – Economical VPN to Watch Sling TV in Canada
- Unique security techniques: Surfshark secures your identity from hackers by deleting any hint of your private information and browsing history with each reboot.
- Global Servers: Surfshark also offers over 3200 servers in over 100 countries, unlimited simultaneous connections at exceptionally high speed, and many servers.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark uses AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that encrypt your internet traffic completely.
- Split Tunneling: If you want to access both foreign and local services simultaneously, Surfshark offers you a feature of split tunneling that allows you to be available abroad and be updated with local news.
- Subscription plan: Surfshark offers a great 24-month subscription plan for just $2.49 a month, which undercuts just about every other premium VPN.
- Safe to use.
- No data leaks.
- Split tunneling supports.
- Double protection.
- Dodgy customer service.
- Requires a broader audit.
Recommended Servers: NewYork, Chicago, and Detroit
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
How VPN Allows You to Access Sling TV in Canada?
VPN allows you to access Sling TV in Canada as all online video platforms, from VODs to TV streaming services to OTT providers, are required to adhere to content distribution regulations. Sling TV, for example, has the exclusive right to provide its service solely in the United States.
Sling TV makes its service available to people outside the United States, the company will face legal consequences. We understand that if someone is paying for the service, this makes no sense, but it is what it is.
To comply with these content distribution regulations, Sling TV and all other streaming providers utilize IP-detecting techniques. When a user accesses the Sling TV website or app, the IP detecting tool scans the user, and if the IP address is not from the United States, it restricts the user’s access and displays the geo-location error.
This is when a VPN comes in handy! A VPN (Virtual Private Network) can conceal your local IP address and replace it with an IP address from the United States.
So you use a VPN to connect to an American server and access Sling TV; the service’s IP-detecting technology believes you are in the United States based on your American IP address, allowing you to view content in Canada.
How to Subscribe to Sling TV in Canada?
You need an American payment method to subscribe to Sling TV in Canada. However, there are a few other options for signing up for Sling TV in Canada without using an American credit card.
Here’s how you can subscribe to Sling TV in Canada without using a US credit card:
How to Subscribe to Sling TV in Canada with a Paypal Gift Card?
You can get a Sling TV subscription in Canada by purchasing a PayPal gift card and redeeming it on their website. To begin, follow the below-mentioned steps to sign up for Sling TV in Canada:
- Get a Sling TV PayPal gift card.
- The code will be delivered to your email address when you receive a gift card.
- Using a VPN, connect to the US server.
- Then go to the Sling TV website.
- Enter your PayPal gift card code.
- And you are good to go to enjoy your favorite content on Sling TV Canada.
How to Get Sling TV Subscription in Canada with an American Virtual Prepaid Credit Card?
You can sign up for Sling TV in Canada using a US virtual prepaid card if you don’t have a PayPal account. So, here’s how you can do it.
- Browse the StatesPay website on your favorite device and select “Sign Up.”
- Now fill in all of the required information to create a virtual prepaid card in the United States.
- Once the account has been established, you can transfer funds using any Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card.
- Then connect to the VPN server in the United States.
- Now you can sign up for Sling TV with your StatesPay US virtual prepaid card by going to the Sling TV website.
Sling TV Price and Subscription Plans
There are two types of Sling TV subscriptions: Blue and Orange. A basic package of 20+ channels is included in both the Orange and Blue plans, including BBC America, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TBS, Comedy Central, A&E, CNN, and more.
When you sign up for both the Sling Blue and Sling Orange subscriptions, Sling TV gives you a 25% discount. You can also take advantage of their $10 off (pay $25 instead of $35 for your first month) welcome deal, including a free DVR Plus (200 hours). Moreover, on the intro offer, you’ll have access to 30+ channels and thousands of TV series and movies for free.
You can choose from any of them, or as per our recommendation, you can also choose from the Orange + Blue plan, which will save you money overpaying for them separately.
How much is Sling TV in Canada?
As a cord-cutter, you must wonder how much does Sling TV cost in Canada? Well, the following is the Sling TV Price and Subscription plans:
|Sling Blue||Sling Orange||Sling Orange + Blue|
|Price in US Dollars||USD 35/mo||USD 35/mo||USD 50/mo|
|Price in Canadian Dollars||CAD 46.64/mo||CAD 46.64/mo||CAD 66.63/mo|
|Number of Screens||3||1||1-3|
|DVR Storage||50 Hours||50 Hours||50 Hours|
Quick Trouble Shooting Tips if Sling TV Stops Working in Canada
Even if you use a VPN to connect to a US-based server, you can still not watch Sling TV in Canada. To fix the problem at this stage, you’ll need to make a few minor adjustments, which we’ve detailed below.
- Ensure your browser’s cache, cookies, and history are cleared before accessing Sling TV.
- Turn off the device’s GPS or location service feature first. Connect to any other US-based VPN server by disconnecting and reconnecting the VPN.
- Clear your DNS cache.
- Open the Command Prompt and run ipconfig/flushdns on the command prompt.
Compatible Devices with Sling TV in Canada
VPNs that we recommend are compatible with a wide range of devices and operating systems. Fortunately, you can set up Sling TV on whatever device you desire. The following is a list of devices that you can use to watch Sling TV in Canada.
- Apple TV.
- Xbox One.
- Google Chromecast.
- iPhones, iPads (iOS 9 and up, iPhone 4.0 and up)
- Android smartphones, tablets, and TVs.
So, if you are wondering how to get Sling TV in Canada on these above-compatible devices, then no worries! Because below down, we will tell you how to download Sling TV for Canada on those devices, so don’t stop reading!
How to Install Sling TV App in Canada on Android Devices?
You can watch Sling TV App in Canada on Android devices by following the below steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Then install the VPN application on your Android device.
- Connect to a US server over the VPN.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Then Tap on ‘Account.’
- Add Another Account.
- Insert New Gmail ID (with the US as region)
- Then return to the Play Store and search for the Sling TV App.
- Then Download and Install the Sling TV App on your Devices.
- Enjoy watching your favorite shows by logging in with your credentials.
How Can I Get Sling TV in Canada on iOS Device?
You can watch Sling TV App in Canada on iOS devices by following the below steps:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN, such as ExpressVPN.
- Then install the VPN application on your device.
- Connect to a US server over the VPN.
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Then tap on Apple ID.
- Change the Country/ Region to the US.
- Then return to the App Store.
- Search for the Sling TV App.
- Then Download and Install the Sling TV App on your device.
- Log in with your credentials to watch your favorite Sling TV shows.
How Can you watch Sling TV Canada on Roku?
You can watch Sling TV App in Canada on Roku by following the below steps:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote control.
- By using your remote control, go to the Search tab and type Sling TV.
- To pick the Sling TV app, press OK on your remote.
- Then go to Add Channel and select Sling TV.
- Once Sling TV has finished downloading, it will display on the Roku home screen.
- Then go to the icon and press OK.
- Log in to the Sling TV app with your credentials to watch Sling TV for Canada.
How Can I Access Sling TV in Canada on Mac?
You can watch the Sling TV App in Canada on Mac by following the below steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Then install the VPN application on your Mac.
- Connect to a US server over the VPN.
- Open your browser and go to the official Sling TV website.
- Then click on Install Now to get the Sling TV app.
- Under the Laptops & Computers category, select the Apple icon.
- Once the download is complete, install the Sling TV App.
- Open the Sling TV app.
- Log in with your credentials and start watching live TV.
How Can I Get Sling TV in Canada on Xbox?
You can watch Sling TV App in Canada on Xbox by following the below steps:
- Switch on your Xbox One.
- Then go to Store, then Apps.
- Now select Browse All Apps from the drop-down menu.
- Then type Sling TV in the search box.
- Install Sling TV by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- After the Sling TV app has been installed, open it.
- Then log in with your credentials to the Sling TV app.
- Now you can watch your favorite TV shows on your Xbox One.
Which Channels are available on Sling TV in Canada?
As you know how to watch Sling TV in Canada, it’s time for you to explore what you can watch on Sling TV for Canada. So, keep going to find out our top recommendations amongst more than 200 channels!
- AXS TV
- BBC World News
- Bloomberg Television
- Cartoon Network & Adult Swim
- Discovery Channel
- Disney Channel
- Food Network
- Fox News
- Hallmark Channel
- History Channel
- National Geographic
- Paramount Network
Which Sling TV alternatives are available in Canada?
Here are some other amazing options as Sling TV alternatives, if you are looking to explore something more than extraordinary.
- DIRECTV NOW
- Hulu with Live TV
- YouTube TV
- PlayStation Vue
Is Sling TV Worth It?
The answer hides in your choices, Sling’s live TV packages are a unique add-on, and you may pay an additional $5 or $10 per month for packages like Comedy Additional, Sports Extra, or Hollywood Extra.
The channels offered in each add-on bundle differ depending on whether you choose the Orange or Blue plan, and Sling TV offers the most options for customizing your content offering of any online streaming service so definitely you should give it a try to Sling TV.
FAQs on Sling TV in Canada
Why Can’t I Get Sling TV in Canada?
With geographic limits, Sling TV has several licensing arrangements with news organizations, media agencies, and production studios. Extending such licensing arrangements to a global audience or to Canada is not financially sustainable for the firm, but unblocking Sling TV in Canada is simple.
If you currently have a Sling TV subscription and are outside of the geo-restricted area where you can view it, you may use VPN software to gain access to your Sling TV subscription.
Do I need a Sling TV VPN in Canada?
Well, yes, you surely need a Sling TV VPN in Canada. It is because the channel is restricted anywhere outside the USA, as we have explained above. Thus, without a Sling TV VPN, you cannot watch Sling TV in Canada.
Is Sling TV free in Canada?
Sling TV gives its subscribers a video subscription service as well as access to over-the-top (OTT) services and cable channels via digital media devices such as smartphones and smart TVs. However, it is only available in the United States and Puerto Rico; Canadians cannot access the service.
Can I get Sling TV in Canada Using a Free VPN?
Free VPNs are insecure, insecure, and insecure when it comes to security, privacy, and data protection. Those pesky ads with the free VPN are likely already stealing your personal information. Follow our recommendation to meet your streaming demands and use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN instead of a free VPN.
Can I get Sling TV on Amazon?
Yes, you can enjoy Sling TV on your Amazon device by simply downloading the Sling TV app.
Is Sling TV only available inside the US?
Yes, Sling TV is only available in the US so to get Sling TV anywhere you will need a VPN.
Is Sling TV available internationally?
No, Sling TV is not available internationally which means you need a VPN subscription to get Sling TV internationally.
Can I watch Sling TV on multiple devices at one time?
Depending on the service you belong to, the number of devices on content that can be seen at the same time varies. Your three streams will include any extras you add to your SLING Blue service.
Is Sling TV Worth It?
Whether you choose the Orange or Blue plan, the channels offered in each add-on package vary, and Sling TV gives you the most options for personalizing your content offering of any online streaming service.
Sling TV cancellation: How do I cancel Sling?
You can cancel Sling Tv by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Activate your Sling TV subscription.
- To change your account settings, go to the Account Settings page.
- Select Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu.
- Select a reason for canceling and click Next.
- Choose to Cancel My Subscription from the drop-down menu.
Is Sling TV free with Amazon?
Yes, Sling TV has a new free streaming service, which is now available on Amazon Fire TV, Android, and Google TV.
How can I watch US TV in Canada?
If you want to watch US TV in Canada, you will need a reliable VPN, we recommend ExpressVPN.
How do I download Sling TV app outside the US?
To download the Sling TV app outside the US, you will need a reliable VPN because Sling TV is only available in the USA, so Get ExpressVPN, connect with the US server, visit Sling TV’s official website, and start streaming.
What is Sling TV error 9-XXX?
Error Code 9-XXX happens for a reason, the most prevalent of which is a problem with account personalization services that stops video from our servers from reaching your device. Try watching a Sling TV show or movie from your cable provider’s Video-On-Demand library.
Sling TV is one of the most popular live-streaming sites, with millions of active users flocking to the site to be delighted, even though you’ll always need a VPN connection to get around the connection we described before in this blog.
We hope you all enjoyed yourselves and learned a lot after reading this blog about how to watch Sling TV in Canada, but if you still have any questions, please ask them in the comments section below!
People Also Read: