Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Is Sling TV available in Australia? No, Sling TV is not available in Australia. However, you can access it through a reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Sling TV is a US-based streaming television service owned by a subsidiary of Dish Network and operated by Sling TV LLC. It offers different OTT and major cable channel content that you can stream on smart TVs, digital media players, and apps.
Unfortunately, Like other well-known American OTT platforms, Sling TV can’t be accessed outside the USA without a VPN. If you try to stream Sling TV in Australia, you will be redirected to a geo-restriction error.
The content providers impose geo-restrictions to protect their rights and ensure their content is only available in authorized regions. So, if you are traveling or residing outside the USA and wondering can I stream Sling TV in Australia? You cannot stream Sling TV in Australia because of the content regulations.
However, there’s a workaround. You can use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to get a US IP address in Australia to manipulate Sling TV geo-location servers. It will give the impression that the traffic is coming from the USA.
How to Watch Sling TV in Australia with a VPN [Quick Guide February 2024]
Follow these steps to get Sling TV in Australia:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN and Install its application on your streaming device. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Sign in to the ExpressVPN app with your credentials.
- Connect to a lightning-fast US server. We recommend the New York server.
- Navigate to the official site of Sling TV to watch on-demand and live content in Australia.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Sling TV In Australia?
You need a VPN to watch Sling TV in Australia because it allows you to create a secure and encrypted connection to a server located in the USA to get around the geo-restrictions. Once you connect to ExpressVPN’s American server, you can effectively spoof your actual location and give the impression that you are streaming Sling TV.
If you try to access Sling TV in Australia via your local IP address, You will see this error message on your screen:
You can bypass Sling TV’s geo-restriction in Australia using a credible and trustworthy VPN service. It will mask your local IP with an American IP to manipulate Sling TV geo-location detectors. You can easily get around YouTube’s geo-restriction with a premium VPN.
If you use a trustworthy streaming VPN like ExpressVPN to switch your virtual location to America. It will trick the Sling TV firewalls into believing that the traffic is coming from the USA. As a result, Sling TV will grant you unrestricted access to its compelling content library.
Top 3 VPNs to Get Sling TV in Australia [Quick Overview in February 2024]
Following is a quick overview of the best Sling TV VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and 24 highly optimized server locations in the USA. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers 16 highly optimized US servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries with 600+ highly optimized servers in 25 locations in the USA. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How do I Sign Up for Sling TV in Australia?
Simply ensure that you are connected to a VPN provider. To register quickly, follow the procedures given below:
- Connect to the New York server using the ExpressVPN app on your device.
- Then, open the SlingTV website or app and select the “Try it now” option.
- Register your account by entering your email address and password and clicking the “Continue” button from the drop-down menu.
- Select the SlingTV bundle best for you and click the “Check Out” button. Finally, enter your payment details and click the “Finish and submit” button.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Sling TV in Australia [In-Depth Analysis February 2024]
After testing 40+ VPNs, we have highlighted the 3 best VPNs to watch Sling TV in Australia:
ExpressVPN – Secure VPN Connection to Access Sling TV in Australia
- Built-in speed: ExpressVPN allows you to check your web speed. Their fastest servers are operating in the United States.
- Standard of encryption: ExpressVPN uses an AES 256-bit encryption, which is considered the highest standard of encryption that cannot break easily.
- Kill switch feature: Furthermore, it has advanced security features, including DNS leak, Split tunneling, and kill switch features.
- Complete Protection: ExpressVPN provides full protection, as it doesn’t monitor the IP address you are connecting from. For instance, your login time, the IP you’re using, any traffic, or any data concerning the pages are safe.
- Subscription Plan: The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors, but worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is priced at $6.67 a month for an annual package that includes three months free. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Double protection.
- Kill switch feature.
- Split tunneling supports.
- A large number of servers with fast speeds.
- Verified & audited “no-logs” policy.
- Expensive than other VPNs but worth it.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas.
You can also watch the following channels with ExpressVPN:
NordVPN – A Reliable VPN Network to Stream Sling TV in Australia
- Fast Servers: It offers a huge server network, with over 5,700+ servers across the globe. Its fast servers can easily bypass the firewalls of any geo-restricted sites.
- High tunneling protocol: Nordlynx is software used by NordVPN as a tunneling protocol that supplies ultimate fast connections, no matter where you are. It prevents the internet speed from slowing down.
- Advanced Security: NordVPN provides advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, trusted Server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete privacy.
- Double Protection: NordVPN provides its users with an extra layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and encrypting their web traffic.
- Subscription plan: NordVPN costs $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fastest VPN.
- Safe internet connection.
- Easy to use.
- Uninterrupted streaming.
- Access on multiple devices.
- The app is a bit slow.
- Some downtime issues.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami.
You can also watch the following channels with NordVPN:
Surfshark – Fastest Speed Servers for Streaming Sling TV in Australia
- Unique security techniques: Surfshark secures your identity from hackers by deleting any hint of your private information and browsing history with each reboot.
- Global Servers: Surfshark also offers over 3200 servers in over 100 countries, unlimited simultaneous connections at exceptionally high speed, and many servers – over 3200 in over 65 countries with no logs policy.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark uses AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that encrypt your internet traffic completely.
- Split Tunneling: If you want to access both foreign and local services simultaneously, Surfshark offers you a feature of split tunneling that allows you to be available abroad and be updated with local news.
- Subscription plan: Surfshark offers a great 24-month subscription plan for just $2.49 a month, which undercuts just about every other premium VPN.
- Safe to use.
- No data leaks.
- Split tunneling supports.
- Double protection.
- Dodgy customer service.
- Requires a broader audit.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit.
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
How VPN Allows You to Access Sling TV in Australia?
All online video platforms, from VODs to TV streaming services to OTT providers, must adhere to content distribution regulations. Sling TV, for example, has the exclusive right to provide its service solely in the United States.
This implies that if Sling TV makes its service available to people outside the United States, the company will face legal consequences. We understand that if someone is paying for the service, this makes no sense, but it is what it is.
To comply with these content distribution regulations, Sling TV and all other streaming providers utilize IP-detecting techniques. When a user accesses the Sling TV website or app, the IP detecting tool scans the user, and if the IP address is not from the United States, it restricts the user’s access and displays the geo-location error.
This is when a VPN comes in handy! A VPN (Virtual Private Network) can conceal your local IP address and replace it with an IP address from the United States. So you use a VPN to connect to an American server and access Sling TV; the service’s IP-detecting technology believes you are in the United States based on your American IP address, allowing you to view content in Australia.
How to Subscribe to Sling TV in Australia?
You need an American payment method to sign up for Sling TV in Australia. However, there are a few other options for signing up for Sling TV in Australia without using an American credit card.
Here’s how you can subscribe to Sling TV in Australia without using a US credit card:
Method 1: How to Get a Sling TV Subscription in Australia with a Paypal Gift Card?
You can get a Sling TV subscription in Australia by purchasing a PayPal gift card and redeeming it on their website. To begin, follow the below-mentioned steps to sign up for Sling TV in Australia:
- Get a Sling TV PayPal gift card.
- The code will be delivered to your email address when you receive a gift card.
- Using a VPN, connect to the US server.
- Then go to the Sling TV website.
- Enter your PayPal gift card code.
- And you are good to go to enjoy your favorite content on Sling TV Australia.
Method 2: How to Subscribe to Sling TV in Australia via an American Virtual Prepaid Credit Card?
If you don’t have a PayPal account, sign up for Sling TV in Australia using a US virtual prepaid card. So, here’s how you can do it.
- Browse the States Pay website on your favorite device and select “Sign Up.”
- Now fill in all the required information to create a virtual prepaid card in the United States.
- Once the account has been established, you can transfer funds using any Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card.
- Then connect to the VPN server in the United States.
- Now you can sign up for Sling TV with your States Pay US virtual prepaid card by visiting the Sling TV website.
Sling TV Australia Price and Subscription Plans
There are two types of Sling TV subscriptions: Blue and Orange. The Orange and Blue plans include 20+ channels, including BBC America, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TBS, Comedy Central, A&E, CNN, and more.
When you sign up for both the Sling Blue and Sling Orange subscriptions, Sling TV gives you a 25% discount. You can also take advantage of their $10 off (pay $25 instead of $35 for your first month) welcome deal, which includes a free DVR Plus (200 hours). Moreover, on the intro offer, you’ll have access to 30+ channels and thousands of TV series and movies for free.
You can choose from any of them, or as per our recommendation; you can also select from the Orange + Blue plan, which will save you money overpaying for them separately.
How much is Sling TV in Australia?
As a cord-cutter, you must wonder how much does Sling TV cost in Australia? Well, the following is the Sling TV Price and Subscription plans:
|Sling Orange + Blue
|Price in US Dollars
|Price in Australian Dollars
|Number of Screens
How to Get a Free Trial on Sling TV in Australia?
Sling TV in Australia offers a free trial opportunity for new users, who can enjoy their shows as long as this offer lasts. Here are some steps you can follow to get a free trial of Sling TV in Australia:
- Install and sign up for a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your VPN to a US server (Recommended: New York).
- Go to the Sling TV website.
- Create an account by entering your details.
- Your Sling TV free account will be made. Enjoy trending shows on Sling TV in Australia.
Quick Trouble Shooting Tips if Sling TV Stops Working in Australia
Even if you use a VPN to connect to a US-based server, you can still not watch Sling TV in Australia. To fix the problem at this stage, you’ll need to make a few minor adjustments, which we’ve detailed below.
- Ensure your browser’s cache, cookies, and history are cleared before accessing Sling TV.
- Turn off the device’s GPS or location service feature first. Connect to any other US-based VPN server by disconnecting and reconnecting the VPN.
- Clear your DNS cache.
- Open the Command Prompt and run ipconfig/flushdns on the command prompt.
Compatible Devices with Sling TV in Australia
Here are the devices that are compatible with Sling TV:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Google Chromecast
- iPhones, iPads (iOS 9 and up, iPhone 4.0 and up)
- Android smartphones, tablets, and TVs
So, if you are wondering how to get Sling TV in Australia on these above-compatible devices, no worries! Below down, we will tell you how to download Sling TV for Australia on those devices, so don’t stop reading!
How to Get Sling TV on Different Devices in Australia?
It is not easy to get Sling TV on different devices in Australia, but we have covered you with our simple and easy ways to get Sling TV on your favorite devices.
How to Watch Sling TV App in Australia on Android Device?
You can watch Sling TV App in Australia on Android devices by following the below steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Then install the VPN application on your Android device.
- Connect to a US server over the VPN.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Then Tap on ‘Account.’
- Add Another Account.
- Insert New Gmail ID (with the US as region)
- Then return to the Play Store and search for the Sling TV App.
- Then Download and Install the Sling TV App on your Devices.
- Enjoy watching your favorite shows by logging in with your credentials.
How Can You Get Sling TV in Australia on iOS Device?
You can watch Sling TV App in Australia on iOS devices by following the below steps:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN, such as ExpressVPN.
- Then install the VPN application on your device.
- Connect to a US server over the VPN.
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Then tap on Apple ID.
- Change the Country/ Region to the US.
- Then return to the App Store.
- Search for the Sling TV App.
- Then Download and Install Sling TV App on your device.
- Log in with your credentials to watch your favorite Sling TV shows.
How Can I Get Sling TV Australia on Roku?
Can you get Sling TV in Australia on Roku? Yes, you can get Sling TV in Australia on Roku by following the below steps:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote control.
- Using your remote control, go to the Search tab and type Sling TV.
- To pick the Sling TV app, press OK on your remote.
- Then go to Add Channel and select Sling TV.
- Once Sling TV has finished downloading, it will display on the Roku home screen.
- Then go to the icon and press OK.
- Log in to the Sling TV app with your credentials to watch Sling TV for Australia.
How Can You Watch Sling TV in Australia on Mac?
You can watch Sling TV in Australia on Mac by following the below steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Then install the VPN application on your Mac.
- Connect to a US server over the VPN.
- Open your browser and go to the official Sling TV website.
- Then click on Install Now to get the Sling TV app.
- Under the Laptops & Computers category, select the Apple icon.
- Once the download is complete, install the Sling TV App.
- Open the Sling TV app.
- Log in with your credentials and start watching live TV.
How to Stream Sling TV in Australia on Xbox?
You can watch Sling TV in Australia on Xbox by following the below steps:
- Switch on your Xbox One.
- Then go to Store, then Apps.
- Now select Browse All Apps from the drop-down menu.
- Then type Sling TV in the search box.
- Install Sling TV by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- After the Sling TV app has been installed, open it.
- Then log in with your credentials to the Sling TV app.
- Now you can watch your favorite TV shows on your Xbox One.
How Do I Change My Location on Sling TV?
You can change the location on Sling TV by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you have to download a VPN application.
- Secondly, you must enter all the details required on the sign-up page.
- Then log in to your VPN service provider with the credentials you get through your email or phone number.
- Then play any video on the Sling TV website and enjoy the quick streaming of the Sling TV channel.
Sling TV Australia Channels
As you know how to watch Sling TV in Australia, it’s time to explore what you can watch on Sling TV in Australia. So, keep going to find our top recommendations amongst more than 200 channels!
- AXS TV
- BBC World News
- Bloomberg Television
- Cartoon Network & Adult Swim
- Discovery Channel
- Disney Channel
- Food Network
- Fox News
- Hallmark Channel
- History Channel
- National Geographic
- Paramount Network
Sling TV Alternatives
Here are some other amazing options as Sling TV alternatives if you want to explore something more than extraordinary.
- DIRECTV NOW
- Hulu with Live TV
- YouTube TV
- PlayStation Vue
FAQs – Sling TV in Australia
Can you watch Sling TV in Australia?
Yes, you can watch Sling TV in Australia with the help of a trusted VPN, which will help you to bypass its geo-restriction for you.
Does Sling work in Australia?
No, Sling TV doesn’t work in Australia due to their geo-restriction policies, but you can easily access Sling TV in Australia by subscribing to a reliable VPN.
Does Sling TV App Work with a VPN?
Yes, you can easily access Sling TV App with a VPN connection so that your current IP address will be masked and your physical location will be replaced with a dummy one, making it easier to access and stream videos!
Can I Access Sling TV App in the US with a Free VPN?
If you are looking for a way to unblock geo-restricted platforms, like Sling TV, with a free VPN account, this section is for you and your benefit. Yes, you can access Sling TV with a free VPN connection, but the sad part is, that using a free VPN enables hacking vulnerabilities and numerous cyber-attacks.
Can I watch Sling TV in Australia?
Yes, you can access Sling TV in Australia with the help of a VPN service provider mentioned in the article.
Can I watch Sling TV in Australia for free?
Yes, you can watch Sling TV for free. The platform comprises 5000 TV shows and movies. Here’s how you can watch the content for free:
- Install a premium VPN service. (We recommend ExpressVPN)
- Connect the VPN to a US-based server.
- Go to the Sling TV website or download the application.
- Click “Watch Free Now” or tap “Explore free shows” on the app.
- Enjoy the free content on Sling TV in Australia.
Can I watch Sling TV while traveling?
Yes, you can watch Sling TV while traveling on your mobile phone, laptop, or any other gadget but keep in mind you must subscribe to a reliable VPN because of Sling TV’s privacy policies.
What countries is Sling TV available?
Sling TV is only available in the US, so if you want to access Sling TV anywhere, you need to get a VPN subscription. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is Sling TV free with Amazon?
Yes, Sling TV’s new streaming app is free on Amazon Fire TV.
Does Sling block VPN?
Yes, sometimes Sling detects the VPN IP and blocks it.
Can I download Sling TV App in different locations?
Yes, you can download Sling TV App in different locations with a VPN connection and by selecting the US Server corresponding to the chosen location.
Can I watch Sling TV Channel in another country?
Yes, you can watch Sling TV Channel anywhere with a VPN connection by selecting the server that works perfectly with the accessibility of Sling TV, and then watch all your favorite shows anywhere despite the physical location.
Can you get Sling TV in Australia on multiple devices?
Yes, you can access the Sling TV App on multiple devices simultaneously, but the variance of numerous accounts varies and depends on the package you are allowed with. If you have Sling Orange, you can only stream through one device, whereas if you have Sling Blue, you can easily stream on 3 different devices. A mixture of Orange And Blue Sling lets you stream four devices simultaneously.
Does Sling Charge to Switch from Blue to Orange?
No, Sling does not charge you to switch from blue to orange. You can do it whenever you want without any extra charges.
Is Sling TV compatible with a VPN?
Yes, it works efficiently with a VPN connection and doesn’t break down the connections.
Can you create a Sling TV App Account outside the USA easily?
You cannot create a Sling TV App Account outside the USA because you will acquire an American payment method.
Is it allowed to bypass blackouts with a VPN on Sling TV?
Of course, you must pick any VPN server in the state that matches your desired watch. But remember that you have to use that VPN service provider that allows you to choose the respective city, not just the country!
How do I cancel my Sling TV subscription in Australia?
Follow the steps below to cancel your Sling TV subscription:
- Open your Sling TV account.
- Go to Account Settings.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription”.
- Enter the reason for cancellation and click continue.
- Select Cancel my Subscription to finalize the canceling process.
The Sling TV App is one of the best and most amazing entertainment streaming service platforms, with a wide range of high-quality content and videos. Anyone who wants to access Sling TV in Australia must use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN. Otherwise, it’s nearly impossible.
People Also Read: