Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
You can watch Hulu in Australia, but only with a VPN because the service is geo-restricted and only available in the USA. In this guide I will explain why Hulu is not available in Australia, how can you get Hulu in Australia, and what is the best VPN to watch Hulu in Australia? So, let’s start with how to unblock Hulu in Australia.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia in 2022?
Here is an easy and quick five-step process to unblock Hulu in Australia
Video Tutorial – How to Get Hulu in Australia?
Why Do You need a VPN to Watch Hulu Australia?
Hulu is an American video-on-demand service that Walt Disney Company owns. However, the platform is only available to the users and viewers within the United States region because of its geo-restriction policies. Thus, Hulu being one of the geo-restricted platforms like Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, and Hulu, you will need to mask your IP address and connect you to an Australian server. A VPN will mask your IP address and connect you to an Australian server. This will let the platform think about watching Hulu from Australia. The Hulu sign-up in Australia would not be possible without a VPN.
Quick Overview – Top VPNs to Watch Hulu in Australia
Let’s have a quick overview of the Top VPNs to watch Hulu Australia;
- ExpressVPN: This VPN network is safe and reliable and comes with over 3000 servers worldwide. It has 20 highly optimized servers in the USA. The price that ExpressVPN offers is $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage.
- Surfshark: It is a budget-friendly VPN and is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe. Surfshark offers over 600 servers in the USA.
- NordVPN: This is a high-bandwidth VPN connection with more than 5200 servers worldwide. NordVPN gives you 1970+ servers in the USA, in 15 different locations. You can get NordVPN for just $3.67/month for its 2-year package.
Best VPNs to Watch Hulu in Australia in 2022
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Hulu in Australia
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs that you can use to unblock Hulu for Australia. It has 20+ servers in the USA and over 3000 servers in 90+ countries, worldwide. Hulu is compatible with ExpressVPN’s specialized apps and DNS MediaStreamer for the Nintendo Switch, Roku, PlayStation, Android, iOS, and nearly every other streaming device.
You can subscribe to the ExpressVPN 1-year package for just $6.67 per month and you will get 3-months extra.
ExpressVPN has an app for all of the common devices, including Firestick, that allows you to access Disney Plus from countries that aren’t supported. With ExpressVPN, you get 5 simultaneous connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee with a single subscription.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Get Hulu in Australia
Surfshark checks all the boxes when it comes to viewing all of the major VOD providers from anywhere in the world, including Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer.
It has more than 3200 servers in more than 60 locations, including 200 US-optimized servers for watching Hulu in South Africa. Surfshark charges $2.21 per month for its 2-years package and it is also giving 3 months extra. One of the best things about Surfshark is that it allows for limitless simultaneous connections on a single account.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the service, you can request a full refund through Surfshark’s 30-day money-back guarantee.
It is perfect for streaming Hulu in Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, UK, Canada, Germany, South Africa, Romania, or any region, along with Netflix, Voot, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar, Sony Liv, HBO Max, and other entertainment websites, with quick connectivity.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Stream Hulu in Australia
NordVPN has over 5500 servers in 59 different locations, which explains why it can be a good choice. Look no further if you’re looking for a trusted VPN with high-speed servers and quick access to unblock Hulu and Hulu Plus.
This VPN allows for up to 6 simultaneous connections and employs AES 256-bit encryption with a strict no-logs policy to prevent IP and DNS leaks. It also has Cyber Sec and Double VPN technology, which permits multiple logins with the same account for $3.71 for a two-year plan with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami
How to Pay for Hulu in Australia?
To pay for Hulu, you will need a US payment method, but if you are using Hulu in Australia, you might be struggling with the payment part since you cannot use an Australian payment method. However, these couple of ways can help you pay for Hulu in Australia.
Use Gift Cards
- Subscribe to premium VPN and connect with the US server
- Get a Hulu Gift Card; you will receive a code on the email
- Go to secure.hulu.com/start/gifting and enter the gift card code you receive on email
- Create account page will open, enter your personal information with US Zip code (i.e., 90210)
- Finally, click “Submit” to get the Hulu account in Australia
Use a Friend’s US Credit Card
- Get ExpressVPN and connect with the US server
- Go to Hulu.com and click on Start Free Trial
- Select a plan and enter your info to create an account
- Enter your friend’s credit card information on the billing info page with US zip code (i.e., 90210)
- Click “Submit” to get a Hulu account in Australia
Hulu Compatible Devices
Let’s talk about the compatible devices with Hulu, and you can get Hulu in Australia without any hassle.
- iPhone (Watch Hulu on iPhone)
- Android (Watch Hulu on Android)
- Mac (Watch Hulu on Mac)
- Xbox (Watch Hulu on Xbox)
- Samsung Smart TV (Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV)
- LG Smart TV (Watch Hulu on LG Smart TV)
- Apple TV (Watch Hulu on Apple TV)
- Roku (Watch Hulu on Roku)
- Chromecast (Watch Hulu on Chromecast)
- Firestick (Watch Hulu on Firestick)
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Hulu app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Hulu is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for Hulu in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Hulu on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Hulu on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Hulu”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Hulu has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Hulu on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Hulu” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Hulu. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Hulu add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Hulu on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to US server.
- Enter the word ‘Hulu’ and press enter.
- The ‘Hulu app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Hulu app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Hulu app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Hulu on Firestick in Australia.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the Hulu app and you are done.
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Hulu app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the Hulu website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Hulu, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
List of Popular Hulu shows in Australia
Besides Shrill, Hulu has many other impressive TV shows in different genres that cater to people from all age groups.
The most popular ones include:
- Castle Rock
- High Fidelity
- Little Fires Everywhere
- Future Man
- Into the Dark
- Mrs. America
List of popular movies on Hulu Australia
- John Wick Chapter 3
- The Interview
- Waiting to Exhale
- The Nightingale
- Ugly Dolls
- Missing Link
What Else Can I Watch with a VPN?
You can do many things with a VPN. Still, if you are specifically talking about geo-restricted platforms, we can say that you can watch Hulu in Singapore, South Africa, Canada, or anywhere you want. Also, there are several channels like HBO Max, Voot, Zee5, Kayo Sports, and many others geo-restricted outside their designated region, and thus, a VPN can help you out in the same.
When is Hulu Coming to Australia?
Well, people often ask why is Hulu not available in Australia and about the launch of Hulu Australia. Though, nobody has got the exact answer for these questions because we haven’t heard any official word from Hulu about launching the Hulu service in Australia or about expanding their network outside the US.
FAQs on Hulu in Australia
Can I watch Hulu in Australia?
Yes, you can watch Hulu in Australia, but that is only possible if you use a VPN service such as ExpressVPN. It allows you to change your location to access the platform.
Is Hulu available in Australia?
No, Hulu is not available in Australia because it is geo-restricted. You can access Hulu in Australia only with VPN.
Why is Hulu not available outside US?
Hulu is a geo-restricted platform that is only allowed in the US region, and this is because of the policies that Hulu has made.
Is it legal to use a VPN to stream Hulu in Australia?
Yes, you can use a VPN to unblock and stream Hulu in Australia. It is completely legal.
As mentioned above, ExpressVPN is the best amongst Hulu VPNs to watch Hulu in Australia or anywhere worldwide. Though there are other premium options available, like Surfshark and NordVPN, but ExpressVPN is the best due to its fast speed. So, if you want to watch Hulu in Australia, connect yourself to this VPN for the perfect streaming experience of your favourite shows.