Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can I watch Hulu on MAC outside USA? No, you cannot watch Hulu on MAC outside USA unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Can I get Hulu on MAC outside USA? Yes, you can get Hulu on MAC outside USA through premium VPNs. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Hulu is a leading streaming platform with millions of subscribers globally. It has a dedicated application for major streaming devices such as Android devices, iOS devices, Gaming consoles, and many more. However, it does not have an official application for MAC.
So, if you are a MAC user looking for ways to get around Hulu’s geo-restriction, you have come to the right place. Read this blog to learn how to stream Hulu on MAC from anywhere with the best Hulu VPNs.
How to Watch Hulu on MAC with a VPN [Quick Guide in May 2023]
Is Hulu available on MAC in geo-restricted regions? No, Hulu is not available on MAC in geo-restricted regions because of the licensing policies. However, you can get Hulu on MAC in geo-restricted regions with the following steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has next-generation security protocols.
- Download the ExpressVPN app on your MAC.
- Log in with your credentials and connect to a secure US server. We recommend the Dallas server.
- Visit the Hulu official website on your Mac, and Sign in to watch critically-acclaimed shows on Hulu on MAC.
Why Do You need a VPN to Watch Hulu on MAC?
Why can’t I watch Hulu on MAC in geo-restricted regions without a VPN? You cannot watch Hulu on MAC in geo-restricted without a VPN because of the licensing policies.
Hulu employs advanced IP tracking technology to identify users’ IPs. It blocks users from accessing the service from locations where it is unavailable. If you try to watch Hulu on MAC from geo-restricted regions, you will be redirected to the following geo-restriction error:
Can I bypass the Hulu geo-restriction error on MAC? Yes, you can bypass Hulu geo-restriction error on MAC with a premium VPN. It will mask your local IP with an American IP address to manipulate Hulu’s IP tracking system into thinking you’re in the United States.
It allows you to watch Hulu outside USA on MAC. The most recommended VPN for Hulu location trick is ExpressVPN.
Top 5 VPNs to Watch Hulu on MAC [Quick Overview May 2023]
Does Hulu work on MAC outside the USA? Hulu doesn’t work on MAC outside the USA because of copyright policies. However, you can stream Hulu on MAC with a premium VPN. Take a quick overview of the best Hulu VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: It has over 3000 fast servers worldwide and 25 highly optimized server locations in USA. ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Hulu on Mac. Its offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package. Moreover, it also offers 3 months of free usage, a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries. It has 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA. It is one of the largest services with reliable privacy policies and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Moreover, you will get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: It is the most reliable VPN to watch Hulu on Mac. It has 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It has 15 highly optimized servers in USA. You can purchase NordVPN’s two-year subscription for $3.71 per month. Moreover, you will get 72% off + 3 months FREE and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN to watch Hulu on Mac. You can purchase Surfshark’s 2-year subscription for $2.49/month. It has 3200+ servers in 60+ countries. It offers 24/7 customer support, a strict no-log policy, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: It has 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA. It offers fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to get Hulu on MAC in geo-restricted regions? [Alternate Methods May 2023]
Is there a Hulu App for MAC? No, there’s no official application of Hulu on MAC. Therefore, you must stream Hulu on MAC through a Chrome/safari web application.
There are alternate ways to watch Hulu on MAC, such as AirDroid or Chromecast. Keep reading to learn how to get Hulu on MAC in different ways:
How to Access Hulu on MAC through Chromecast?
How do I cast Hulu from my Macbook? You can cast Hulu from your Macbook by connecting both your devices with the same internet connection and casting your favorite titles. Chromecast is always a smart way to watch your favorite Hulu content on MAC. Follow these quick steps to access Hulu on MAC through Chromecast:
- Get a Chromecast device and connect it through the HDMI port on your TV.
- Connect your MAC and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Go to the official website of Hulu on Chrome browser.
- Sign in with your credentials and select the Hulu title you want to stream.
- Tap on the cast icon at the bottom of your player window.
- Select the Chromecast device from the list.
- Watch your favorite shows on Hulu on MAC through Chromecast.
How to watch Hulu on MAC via AirDroid Cast?
AirDroid is comparatively the most effective way to watch Hulu on MAC. You can control your streaming activity through a computer. Follow these steps to stream Hulu on MAC with AirDroid Cast:
- Download and install the AirDroid app.
- Connect your streaming and AirDroid device to the secure Wi-Fi.
- Choose the connection method. You can select from AirPlay, WLAN or use a cable.
- Stream your favorite Hulu titles on MAC via AirDroid.
How to stream Hulu on MAC via Chrome?
Unfortunately, there is no official Hulu App on MAC but you can stream Hulu on MAC through Google Chrome. It is as easy as visiting the Hulu web. Follow these steps to get Hulu on MAC through Google Chrome:
- Get the latest version of Google Chrome on your MAC.
- Start the Chrome App.
- Go to Hulu.com and sign in with your credentials.
- Watch your favorite Hulu content on MAC through Chrome easily.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on MAC outside USA [Detailed Analysis May 2023]
Is Hulu blocked on MAC outside USA? Yes, Hulu is blocked on MAC outside the USA because of the content ownership rights. After testing 40+ VPNs, we have highlighted the best Hulu VPNs to get around Hulu geo-restriction on MAC:
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu on Mac in Geo-restricted Regions
ExpressVPN is the leading VPN provider among many VPNs. It features all the top-tier security protocols like an AES-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
It has over 3000+ servers in 64+ countries worldwide. It has exceptional unblocking capabilities. Along with a zero-log policy and kill switch feature to ensure privacy and lag-free performance.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Hulu on Mac
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
Recommended Servers: Orlando, Chicago, and Las Vegas.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN for watching Hulu on Mac outside the United States
NordVPN features well-protected and encrypted techniques. It has more than 5,600 servers that are located in different countries. It has the best security protocols, such as OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and a Zero-log policy. It ensures the customer’s strict no-log maintenance over their online activities.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami.
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN for watching Hulu on Mac in Unsupported Countries
Surfshark is relatively new than other VPNs. It’s renowned for its economical pricing and performance. It has 3200+ servers worldwide. Moreover, it has best security protocols such as an Aes-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
It also has DNS servers that encrypt the IP address and physical location. It allows you to watch Hulu on MAC from anywhere anonymously.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit.
AtlasVPN – Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Hulu on Mac
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
Recommended Servers: Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York.
How Much Does Hulu Cost on MAC?
It doesn’t cost you a penny to download Hulu on Mac. However, if you want to watch Hulu content on your Mac, you must subscribe to the Hulu premium plan. Wondering how much is Hulu on MAC? Following is the Hulu Price:
- Hulu Basic (Ad-supported) USD 7.99/Month.
- Hulu Premium (Ad-free) USD 14.99/Month.
- Hulu + Live TV (Ad-supported) USD 69.99/Month.
Let’s learn about the Hulu subscription plans in detail.
Hulu Basic – $7.99/Month
Hulu offers five different plans that users can trial for 30 days for free. The most popular plan is “Hulu.” It will set you back $5.99 every month to use it.
Users can try out this plan for free for 30 days. This package allows subscribers to watch award-winning Hulu original shows on their TVs, laptops, phones, and tablets. A maximum of six user profiles can share the account.
Hulu (No Ads) – $14.99/Month
Those who wish to watch without commercials can subscribe to the Hulu No Ads Plan for $11.99 per month. A 30-day free trial is also available to users.
All of the features of Hulu’s basic plan are included in this subscription. In addition, customers can watch Hulu shows without advertising using the plan. Subscribers can now download and view Hulu shows on their devices.
Hulu + Live TV – $69.99/Month
The Hulu + Live TV combo is $64.99 per month. Users can also try out this plan for 7 days for free. All of the features of the Hulu basic plan are included in this subscription. Furthermore, without the need for cable, customers of this package receive access to Hulu’s Live TV, which contains over 65 channels. A Live TV guide will also be provided to assist customers in navigating all channels.
Why doesn’t Hulu work on MAC? [Quick Fixes]
Why can’t I access Hulu on MAC? You cannot access Hulu on MAC for multiple reasons. Here we have discussed the possible reasons and solutions for the same. So, let’s get started:
Check if Hulu is down
The first thing that you need to check here is if Hulu is down. There are times when the platform is not working or operating, and you should be sure that the platform is working. You can do it through the down detector.
Tweak your Hulu account settings
There is also a possibility that the Hulu account settings might have some problems. Thus, go to the account setting, manage devices in your Hulu account, and check if everything is right. You can deactivate and reactivate in case everything is correct in your setting.
Clear the Hulu web app cache
At times cache creates problems for Mac users. So, clearing the web app cache could be one of the solutions too.
Go around Hulu location restrictions
Well, this is one of the problems faced by users in multiple regions. Hulu is a geo-restricted service; you can only access it in the United States. Using a VPN is the only reliable solution here. We have already suggested using a VPN like ExpressVPN to access Hulu from anywhere.
What other devices, except for MAC, can I watch Hulu on?
You can watch Hulu on the following devices other than MAC:
- Android Devices
- LG TV (select models)
- Fire Tablets
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Fire TV/Fire TV Stick
- Echo Show (8, 10, and 15)
- Roku (select models)
- PC Browsers
- Samsung TV (select models)
- Android TV (select models)
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
What are the Top 10 shows on Hulu on MAC?
Following are the most-watched and top 10 shows on Hulu on MAC:
- Tiny Beautiful Things (2023 – Present)
- Under the Banner of Heaven (2022)
- Great Expectations (2023)
- Not Dead Yet (2023 – Present)
- Unprisoned (2023 – Present)
- History of the World – Part II (2023 – Present)
- Hardy Boys (2020 – 2023)
- Extraordinary (2023 – Present)
- The 1916 Project (2023)
- Superstore (2015 – 2021)
Which Live Channels are available on Hulu on MAC?
Following is the list of live channels available on Hulu on MAC:
|Entertainment Channels||News Channels||Educational Channels||Sports Channels||Family-Entertainment Channels|
|BET, Comedy Central, Bravo, Freeform, E!, and Lifetime.||ABC News, Fox News, The Weather Channel, CNBC, and MSNBC.||NASA, National Geographic, History, and Discovery.||ESC, BTN, ACCN, ESPN, and FS1.||Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Boomerang, Universal Kids, and Cartoon Network.|
Can you access Hulu on MAC in Other Countries?
With the help of ExpressVPN, you can access Hulu in the following countries:
- Hulu in Malaysia
- Hulu in Portugal
- Hulu in Switzerland
- Hulu in South Africa
- Hulu in NZ
- Hulu in Croatia
- Hulu in Hungary
- Hulu in Ireland
- Hulu in Italy
FAQs – Hulu on MAC
Is there a Hulu app for MacBook?
No, there is no Hulu app for MACs or Macbooks. Thus, you will have to watch it through a browser on Mac.
How do I download Hulu to my Macbook offline?
You can download Hulu to your Macbook offline through the following steps:
- Connect to a secure Wi-Fi network or enable downloading through cellular data.
- Navigate to Search through the global navigation bar.
- Select Downloadable from the available menu.
- Scroll through the various collections to browse.
- Choose the movie or show you want to download.
How do you download Hulu Shows on Macbook?
You can download Hulu Shows on Macbook with the following steps:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi connection or enable cellular download.
- Navigate to Search from the navigation bar.
- Select Downloadable from the menu.
- Search through the various collections.
- Choose the movie or show you want to download.
- Click on the download icon to get the title offline.
Why I can’t download Hulu on MAC?
You cannot download Hulu on your MacBook because it doesn’t have an official app for the MAC. However, you can access Hulu through the web browser of your choice.
Can you watch Hulu on Safari?
Yes, you can watch Hulu on Safari. It supports all major browsers but we recommend to use Safari. Contemporarily, Hulu does not have a dedicated MacOS application.
Why can’t I see Hulu on MAC?
You cannot see Hulu on MAC because it doesn’t have a dedicated Hulu App. However, you can watch Hulu on MAC through a web browser or Chromecast.
How to activate a new device on Hulu?
You can activate a new device on Hulu through the following steps:
- Start the Hulu App > Log in with your credentials.
- Select Activate on a computer.
- Navigate to the Account page and search for the “Watch Hulu on Your Devices” section or directly go to Hulu.com/activate.
What’s the best Mac browser for Hulu?
Safari and Firefox are the best Mac browsers option for watching Hulu on Mac. Both of these browsers give you hassle-free browsing and streaming.
Does Hulu support downloads on Mac?
Currently, Hulu does not support downloads or offline viewing on Mac devices. However, we can expect that the service will allow downloading media content on Mac devices in the future.
Why can’t I download Hulu on my MAC?
You cannot download Hulu on your MAC because it doesn’t have a dedicated application. You can stream Hulu from any web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
Why can’t I use Hulu on Safari?
You can’t use Hulu on Safari due to one of the following reasons:
- You have an outdated browser application.
- The Hulu web app’s cache could be stored improperly within the Safari browser.
You can update Safari browser by navigating to System Preferences > Software Update
Why won’t Hulu play on my Mac?
There could be multiple issues such as internet connectivity, cache issues, or geo-restriction errors.
Why won’t streaming services work on MAC?
Online streaming services might not be working because of the following factors:
- Poor internet connection.
- Low bandwidth.
- Persistent loading of the cache by streaming browser.
In this article, we have explored the ways to watch Hulu on Mac. Moreover, we have suggested VPNs like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN to access Hulu outside the US. These VPNs have excellent unblocking capabilities.