Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Want to watch Hulu on Mac? You can easily watch Hulu on Mac from anywhere by using premium Hulu VPNs. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Can you get Hulu on Mac from anywhere? Yes, you can get Hulu on Mac from anywhere through premium VPNs. We recommend ExpressVPN.
This is a detailed guide to watching Hulu on Mac or fixing Hulu not working issues on Mac.
How to Watch Hulu on Mac [Quick Guide in 2023]
Follow these steps to watch Hulu on Mac from anywhere:
- Subscribe to a VPN service. (Our recommended choice is ExpressVPN)
- Download the VPN app on your Mac device
- Login to your ExpressVPN account via your credentials and connect to a US server of your choice from the servers’ list
- Visit the Hulu official website on your Mac, log in to your account
- Start watching famous Hulu shows, movies, and documentaries instantly
Why do you need a VPN to Watch Hulu on Mac?
Just like Disney Plus, Hulu also employs IP tracking technology. It blocks users from accessing the service from locations where it is not available. If you try to watch Hulu on Mac from geo-restricted regions, it will immediately block your access.
To bypass the geo-restriction error of Hulu on MAC, you must use a premium VPN. It will mask your local IP with an American IP address. This process will fool Hulu’s IP tracking system into thinking you’re in the United States. It allows you to watch Hulu on your Mac outside USA.
Quick Overview of Top 5 VPNs to Watch Hulu on Mac:
- ExpressVPN: It has over 3000 fast servers worldwide and 25 highly optimized server locations in USA. ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Hulu on Mac. Its offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package. Moreover, it also offers 3 months of free usage, a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries. It has 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA. It is one of the largest services with reliable privacy policies and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Moreover, you will get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: It is the most reliable VPN to watch Hulu on Mac. It has 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It has 15 highly optimized servers in USA. You can purchase NordVPN’s two-year subscription for $3.71 per month. Moreover, you will get 72% off + 3 months FREE and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN to watch Hulu on Mac. You can purchase Surfshark’s 2-year subscription for $2.49/month. It has 3200+ servers in 60+ countries. It offers 24/7 customer support, strict no-log policy, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Why isn’t Hulu working?
You cannot connect to Hulu on your Mac for multiple reasons. Here we have discussed the possible reasons and solutions for the same. So, let’s get started.
Check if Hulu is down
The first thing that you need to check here is if Hulu is down. There are times when the platform is not working or operating, and you should be sure that the platform is working. You can do it through the down detector.
Tweak your Hulu account settings
There is also a possibility that the Hulu account settings might have some problems. Thus, go to the account setting, manage devices in your Hulu account, and check if everything is right. You can deactivate and reactivate in case everything is correct in your setting.
Clear the Hulu web app cache
At times cache creates problems for Mac users. So, clearing the web app cache could be one of the solutions too.
Go around Hulu location restrictions
Well, this is one of the problems faced by users in multiple regions. Hulu is a geo-restricted service, and you can only access it in the United States. Using a VPN is the only reliable solution here. We have already suggested using a VPN like ExpressVPN to access Hulu from anywhere.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Mac outside the United States
Below I have compiled a list of the best VPNs to watch Hulu on Mac in geo-restricted regions or from anywhere in the world.
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu on Mac in Geo-restricted Regions
ExpressVPN is the leading VPN provider among many VPNs. It features all the top-tier security protocols like an AES-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
It has over 3000+ servers in 64+ countries worldwide. It has exceptional unblocking capabilities. Along with a zero-log policy and kill switch feature to ensure privacy and lag-free performance.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Hulu on Mac
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
NordVPN: Reliable VPN for watching Hulu on Mac outside the United States
NordVPN features well-protected and encrypted techniques. It has more than 5,600 servers that are located in different countries. It has the best security protocols, such as OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and a Zero-log policy. It ensures the customer’s strict no-log maintenance over their online activities.
Surfshark: Low-cost VPN for watching Hulu on Mac in Unsupported Countries
Surfshark is relatively new than other VPNs. It’s renowned for its economical pricing and performance. It has 3200+ servers worldwide. Moreover, it has best security protocols such as an Aes-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
It also has DNS servers that encrypt the IP address and physical location. It allows you to watch Hulu on MAC from anywhere anonymously.
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Hulu on Mac
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
What other devices, except for Mac, can I watch Hulu on?
You can watch Hulu on the following devices other than Mac:
- Android devices (TV, smartphones, and tablets) (Watch Hulu on Android)
- iPhones and iPad (Watch Hulu on iPhone/iPad)
- Mac and PC browser/apps
- Roku (Watch Hulu on Roku)
- Samsung TV (Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV)
- Echo Show
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- LG TV
- Nintendo Switch
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Boxes
How Much Do Hulu Costs on Mac?
It doesn’t cost you a penny to download Hulu on Mac. However, if you want to watch Hulu content on your Mac, you must subscribe to Hulu. Below are the details regarding Hulu subscription plans:
Hulu Basic – $5.99/mo
Hulu offers five different plans that users can trial for 30 days for free. The most popular plan is “Hulu.” It will set you back $5.99 every month to use it.
Users can try out this plan for free for 30 days. This package allows subscribers to watch award-winning Hulu original shows on their TVs, laptops, phones, and tablets. A maximum of six user profiles can share the account.
Hulu (No Ads) – $11.99/mo
Those who wish to watch without commercials can subscribe to the Hulu No Ads Plan for $11.99 per month. A 30-day free trial is also available to users.
All of the features of Hulu’s basic plan are included in this subscription. In addition, customers can watch Hulu shows without advertising using the plan. Subscribers can now download and view Hulu shows on their devices.
Hulu + Live TV – $64.99/mo
The Hulu + Live TV combo is $64.99 per month. Users can also try out this plan for 7 days for free. All of the features of the Hulu basic plan are included in this subscription. Furthermore, without the need for cable, customers to this package receive access to Hulu’s Live TV, which contains over 65 channels. A Live TV guide will also be provided to assist customers in navigating all channels.
FAQs on Hulu on macOS
Is there a Hulu app for MacBook?
No, there is no Hulu app for Mac or Macbooks. Thus, you will have to watch it through a browser on Mac.
What’s the best Mac browser for Hulu?
Safari and Firefox are the best Mac browsers option for watching Hulu on Mac. Both of these browsers give you hassle-free browsing and streaming.
Does Hulu support downloads on Mac?
Currently, Hulu does not support downloads or offline viewing on Mac devices. However, we can expect that the service will allow downloading media content on Mac devices in the future.
Why won’t Hulu play on my Mac?
There could be multiple issues such as internet connectivity, cache issues, or geo-restriction errors.
In this article, we have explored the ways to watch Hulu on Mac. Moreover, we have suggested VPNs like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN to access Hulu outside the US. These VPNs have excellent unblocking capabilities.