Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Want to watch Hulu on Mac? Well, you can easily watch Hulu on Mac from anywhere by following the easy steps mentioned in the articles along with the 3 best Hulu VPNs. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Hulu is accessible through the Mac browser easily. However, to watch Hulu on Mac anywhere outside the US you will need a premium VPN and we recommend ExpressVPN. This is a detailed guide of how you can watch Hulu on Mac or solve Hulu not working issues on Mac.
Quick Overview of Top 5 VPNs to Watch Hulu on Mac:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Hulu on Mac. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Hulu on Mac that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Watch Hulu on Mac [Quick Guide in 2022]
To watch Hulu on Mac outside the US, you will need a VPN
If you want to know how you can use a VPN to unblock Hulu on Mac, follow these simple steps given below:
- Subscribe to a VPN service (our recommended choice is ExpressVPN)
- Download the VPN app on your Mac device
- Login to your ExpressVPN account via your credentials and connect to a US server of your choice from the servers’ list
- Visit the Hulu official website on your Mac, log in to your account
- Start watching famous Hulu shows, movies, and documentaries instantly
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Mac outside the United States
Below I have compiled a list of the best VPNs to watch Hulu on Mac in geo-restricted regions or from anywhere in the world.
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu on Mac in Geo-restricted Regions
ExpressVPN is the leading VPN provider amongst many VPNs that features all the top-tier security protocols like an AES-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP with 3000+ servers, in 64+ countries worldwide to unblock geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world. Along with a zero-log policy and kill switch feature to ensure privacy and lag-free performance.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Hulu on Mac
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
NordVPN: Reliable VPN for watching Hulu on Mac outside the United States
NordVPN features well-protected and encrypted techniques with more than 5,600 servers that are located in different countries with all the security protocols that are required to enrich the connection like OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log policy ensures the customer’s strict no-log maintenance over their online activities.
Surfshark: Low-cost VPN for watching Hulu on Mac in Unsupported Countries
This VPN is relatively new to other VPNs available in the market but it’s renowned for its budget-friendliness and performance. It is covering up to 3200+ servers with an Aes-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and all other encryption techniques to make the connection stronger between the customers. It also features DNS server that encrypts the IP address and physical location as per the server selected from the customers.
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Hulu on Mac
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices. It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
Why do you need a VPN to Watch Hulu on Mac?
Just like Disney Plus, Hulu also employs IP tracking technology which blocks users from accessing the service from locations where it is not available. That’s why if you try to watch Hulu on Mac from geo-restricted regions it will immediately block your access based on your virtual local IP address.
This is the main and only reason why you need a VPN to watch Hulu on Mac in geo-restricted regions as it will mask your current IP address and replaces it with one from a country where the Hulu is available, such as the United States. This process will fool the Hulu’s IP tracking system into thinking you’re in the United States, allowing you to watch Hulu on your Mac from an unsupported country.
Why isn’t Hulu working?
There are multiple reasons that you cannot connect Hulu on your Mac. Here we have discussed the possible reasons and solutions of the same. So, let’s get started.
Check if Hulu is down
The first thing that you need to check here is if Hulu is down. There are times when the platform is not working or operating and you should be sure that the platform is operational. You can do it through downdetector.
Tweak your Hulu account settings
There is also a possibility that the Hulu account settings might have some problems. Thus, go to the account setting and manage devices in your Hulu account and check if everything is right. You can deactivate and reactivate in case everything is correct in your setting.
Clear the Hulu web app cache
At times cache creates problems for Mac users. So, clearing the web app cache could be one of the solutions too.
Go around Hulu location restrictions
Well, this is one of the problems that is faced by users in multiple regions. Hulu is a geo-restricted service and you can only access it in the United States. Using a VPN is the only reliable solution here. We have already suggested that you should use a VPN like ExpressVPN to access Hulu from anywhere.
What other devices except for Mac can I watch Hulu on?
You can watch Hulu on the following devices other than Mac:
- Android devices (TV, smartphones, and tablets) (Watch Hulu on Android)
- iPhones and iPad (Watch Hulu on iPhone/iPad)
- Mac and PC browser/apps
- Roku (Watch Hulu on Roku)
- Samsung TV (Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV)
- Echo Show
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- LG TV
- Nintendo Switch
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Boxes
How Much Do Hulu Costs on Mac?
It doesn’t cost you a penny to download Hulu on Mac. However, if you want to watch Hulu content on your Mac you will be asked to subscribe to one of its subscription plans. Below are the details regarding Hulu subscription plans:
Hulu Basic – $5.99/mo
Hulu offers five different plans that users can trial for 30 days for free. The most popular plan is “Hulu.” It will set you back $5.99 every month to use it. Users can try out this plan for free for 30 days. This package allows subscribers to watch award-winning Hulu original shows on their TVs, laptops, phones, and tablets. A maximum of six user profiles can share the account.
Hulu (No Ads) – $11.99/mo
Those who wish to watch without commercials can subscribe to the Hulu No Ads Plan for $11.99 per month. A 30-day free trial is also available to users. All of the features of Hulu’s basic plan are included in this subscription. In addition, customers can watch Hulu shows without advertising using the plan. Subscribers can now download and view Hulu shows on their devices.
Hulu + Live TV – $64.99/mo
The Hulu + Live TV combo is $64.99 per month. Users can also try out this plan for 7 days for free. All of the features of the Hulu basic plan are included in this subscription. Furthermore, without the need for cable, customers to this package receive access to Hulu’s Live TV, which contains over 65 channels. A Live TV guide will also be provided to assist customers in navigating all of the channels.
FAQs on Hulu on macOS
Is there a Hulu app for MacBook?
No, there is no Hulu app for Mac or Macbook. Thus, you will have to watch it through a browser on Mac.
What’s the best Mac browser for Hulu?
Safari and Firefox are the best Mac browsers option to watch Hulu on Mac. Both of these browsers give you hassle-free browsing and streaming.
Does Hulu support downloads on Mac?
At present, Hulu does not support downloads or offline viewing on Mac devices. However, we can expect that the service will allow downloading media content on Mac devices in the future.
Why won’t Hulu play on my Mac?
There could be multiple issues in this such as internet connectivity, you might be outside the US, you might have cache issues, and such other things.
In this article, we have explored the ways to watch Hulu on Mac. Moreover, we have suggested VPNs like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN for accessing Hulu outside the US region because Hulu is a geo-restricted service.