Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Are you looking for a way to watch Hulu on Xbox One? Then the good news is that Hulu is compatible with almost every device and Xbox is no exception. However, if you are trying to watch Hulu on Xbox One then all you have to do is subscribe to a premium VPN.
How to watch Hulu on Xbox One [Quick Guide]
Follow the below steps to watch Hulu on Xbox One:
- Install MediaStreamer DNS on your Xbox and start your Xbox device then go to “Settings.”
- Select “Network” and then “Network settings” from the “Settings” menu.
- To configure the DNS addresses, go to “Advanced settings” > “DNS settings” > “Manual” > “Manual”.
- After you’ve activated smart DNS, you’ll need to enter in the IP addresses of DNS servers that you can see on your profile page.
- Both the primary and secondary IP addresses must be entered. The DNS addresses you entered will be operational after you enter the IP addresses.
- Now set your location to the United States now.
- To do so, go to “Settings” > “Systems” > “Language & location” and select “United States“.
- Now, in the “Language & location” options, click “Restart now” and wait for the procedure to complete.
- Start the Hulu app, sign up or log in to your account, and start watching Hulu on Xbox One.
3 Best VPNs to watch Hulu on Xbox One [Quick Overview]
With so many VPNs available in the market, below is the list of the 3 best VPNs to watch Hulu on Xbox One.
ExpressVPN– Best VPN to watch and access Hulu on Xbox One
With over 3000 fast servers and 14 highly optimized server locations in USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Hulu outside USA. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Watch Hulu on Xbox One
It is a best low-cost VPN outside USA that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 25 highly optimized Indian servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Get Hulu on Xbox One
This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription is $3.67 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Why do need a VPN to watch Hulu on Xbox One?
Right now, Hulu isn’t accessible outside USA because of its geo-restriction, and the only way to access and watch Hulu on Xbox One you need a premium VPN like ExpressVPN. Whenever a user tries to access Hulu outside USA, the IP monitoring system automatically blocks them by tracking their local IP address.
Using a VPN’s Smart DNS feature, you can spoof your local IP address and replace it with a US IP address. When you use a VPN to access Hulu on Xbox One from an unsupported country, the IP tracking system thinks you’re in the US, allowing you to enjoy the service.
How much does Hulu cost on Xbox?
Hulu is completely free to download and install app on your Xbox. This isn’t to imply that you can’t get Hulu content for free on Xbox. To watch your favorite Hulu movies and TV shows on Xbox, you’ll need to subscribe to one of the Hulu subscription plans. However, Hulu subscriptions start at just $5.99 per month. But you can also choose between monthly membership for $11.99/month.
How to Watch Hulu Live on Xbox?
If you want to get Hulu Live on your Xbox device, then you must need to subscribe to one of the Hulu Live TV plans which cost $54.99/month. However, the method is as similar to the one to watch Hulu on Xbox One, all you have to do is switch to $54.99/month plan and you have got Hulu Live TV on Xbox. For $54.99/month, you can get Hulu Plus Live TV, which gives you access to 65+ live streaming channels including ABC, FX, Food Network, Disney+, Disney Jr., Fox, CNN, and more.
Why isn’t Hulu Working on Xbox?
If all of a sudden Hulu stops working on your Xbox, then follow the below fixes to get Hulu to work on your Xbox:
- Restart Your Router: Restarting your router could be another useful approach. It’s better to unplug your router, wait around 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. This could help you in resolving Hulu buffering and performance difficulties.
- Restart Your Xbox: Restarting your Xbox might solve a lot of technical issues. Make certain, however, that it is correctly restarted. To do so, hold down the ‘Home’ button on your joystick and use the menu on your TV to restart the device. You can also hold the Xbox power button for 5 to 10 seconds (on the console itself). After that, turn it back on.
- Reinstall the Hulu App: If none of the above works, then delete and reinstall the Hulu app on your Xbox. To do so, go to your Xbox and open the Hulu app. Then, on your controller, press and hold the ‘Menu’ button. Remove it from the ‘Manage App’ section. After you’ve removed the Hulu app, follow the procedures outlined above to reinstall Hulu on your Xbox.
Xbox Supported Devices with Hulu
Hulu is compatible with a wide range of Xbox consoles. So, if you bought an Xbox console in 2013 or later, you should be able to play Hulu just fine. However, following is the official list of Xbox devices that are supported with Hulu:
- Xbox One
- Xbox One S
- Xbox One X
- Xbox Series S
- Xbox One Series X
Compatible Devices with Hulu other than Xbox
Here’s a list of devices other than Xbox that are compatible with Hulu:
- Apple TV
- Samsung smart TVs
- Amazon Firestick
- iOS Devices
- LG TV
- Web browsers of laptops, desktops, and Mac
Compatible Streaming Sites with Xbox Except Hulu
Following is the list of the streaming platforms that are compatible with Xbox to work with just fine as any other basic device:
- Disney Plus
- Amazon Prime
- BBC iPlayer
What to watch on Hulu on your Xbox?
Hulu is never out of supply of the best movies and TV shows that you can binge watch anytime. However, for you ease I have collected some of the best movies and TV shows to watch on Hulu on your Xbox:
- Minding the Gap
- Apollo 11
- Summer of Soul (…Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised)
- Amazing Grace
- The Fight
- Better Things
- What We Do in the Shadows
- Difficult People
- Solar Opposites
- You’re the Worst
- The Fashion Fund
- Day in the Life
- Only Murders in the Building
- Up to Speed
- Don’t Quit Your Daydream
- The Awesomes
- We Got Next
- The Beatles: Eight Days a Week.
FAQs on Hulu on Xbox One
Can I watch Hulu on Xbox One?
Yes, you can easily watch Hulu on Xbox One just by following the method outlined above.
How to exit Hulu on Xbox One?
To exit Hulu on Xbox One simply click the ‘Xbox‘ button on your Xbox controller to exit Hulu. Press the ‘Xbox‘ button to open the guide if you wish to exit the app. Then, using the mini-guide, highlight the app, hit the ‘Menu‘ button on your controller, and pick ‘Quit‘.
Can I cancel Hulu on Xbox One?
Yes, you can cancel your Hulu subscription on Xbox by following the below steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Select Subscription to cancel Hulu on Xbox One.
Why isn’t Hulu available on my Xbox One?
If Hulu on your Xbox aren’t working, one of the first things you can do is restart it. Restarting your device, as simple as it may appear, is an excellent approach to clear any transient faults that may have happened while it was in use.
Installing Hulu on your Xbox system will provide you with an infinite streaming experience in addition to video gaming. The redesigned Hulu app for Xbox One includes a number of appealing features, as well as the option to access a variety of add-ons. You may all be amused on the same gadget with this. When you get bored with one, you may switch between gaming and Hulu.
Also, if you have any further queries regarding Hulu or VPN, please leave them in the comment section below!