Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Hulu debuted in 2007 and has since grown to become a well-known and well-liked video-on-demand service that can be viewed on a variety of devices, including several Roku players. It features a huge library with hundreds of movies and TV shows, as well as a lot of critically praised original content.
Hulu members have a variety of ways to watch the service on Roku devices, which include set-top boxes, streaming sticks, and media hubs. Moreover, Hulu has a strong foothold in the OTT space, with apps for Roku, and other devices. We’ll go over everything you need to know about activate Hulu on Roku in this article. Let’s get this party started.
How to Unblock Hulu on Roku [Easy Guide]
How to Create a Roku Account to Watch Hulu
If you don’t already have a Roku account then, take these steps to create one for Hulu:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN and install it on your device. (We recommend ExpressVPN)
- Sign in to the VPN app with your login and password.
- Select a US server from the drop-down menu and connect to it.
- Once you’ve established a connection, Create a US Roku account at https://my.roku.com/signup.
- Select the United States as your nation from the drop-down menu, then enter a US Zip code.
- You can use the internet to look up any zip code, such as 99501, 85001, or 92803.
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully set up your Roku account in the United States.
How to Stream Hulu on Roku device in the step-by-step guide:
- Go to Hulu’s official website and sign up for an account if you don’t already have one. (You can either subscribe to Hulu alone or to a package that includes Hulu, Hulu, and ESPN+).
- Turn on your Roku device after subscribing to Hulu > Press the Home button > Select Streaming Channels.
- Then go to Search Channels, type in Hulu, and then select the app.
- Select the Add Channel option, and the app will begin to download to your Roku device.
- Go back to your Roku Home Screen and look for the Roku Hulu app.
- Lastly, all you have to do is open the app, log in, and start watching your favorite shows, episodes, and movies.
How to Set Up Virtual Router on PC (Windows)
- Go to settings on your PC, Click on Network and Internet settings and turn on the mobile hotspot.
- Click on “share my internet connection” for your Wi-fi
- Edit your network and password.
- Now head to “related settings” and click on “change adapter settings option“.
- Click on ExpressVPN Tap Adapter and visit properties.
- By click on “sharing” you can allow other networks to connect.
- Select the name of the internet connection you created in the dropdown menu, and select “OK”. On the ExpressVPN app, connect to American servers (Recommended servers: New York, Denver, and Atlanta).
- Now you can connect your Roku device to the virtual router you have setup.
- Search for Hulu on your device and install the app.
- Stream your favorite shows and enjoy binge-watching!
What Does Hulu on Roku Cost?
Hulu is available for free on Roku. You will, however, need to subscribe to Hulu in order to see it. Hulu costs $7.99 per month or $79.99 per year, depending on how long you subscribe. You can also get the Hulu bundle, which includes Hulu, Hulu Plus, and ESPN Plus. The cost of this bundle is $13.99 per month. You can view a wide choice of co-productions with this bundle.
What is a Hulu Roku pin?
For Hulu or other streaming services, a Roku pin is a four-digit code that you create for your Roku account. This four-digit pin is required to install Hulu on Roku device.
Why Hulu isn’t Working on your Roku?
Hulu can not work with Roku for one of two reasons: your Roku device can no longer be compatible with Hulu, or you need to reinstall the software and restart your device. Hulu’s apps were recently modified, and only the most recent versions of Roku are compatible with them; try updating your device and then streaming Hulu.
There is a possibility that Hulu is not working on your Roku because of the geo-restrictions. Such as if you are trying to access Hulu in Canada, or trying to access Hulu in UK or any other region except the US.
How to Cancel Hulu on Roku?
To cancel Hulu on Roku, use the procedures listed below.
- Go to the Hulu icon on your screen and press the asterisk button.
- Select Manage Membership, then Cancel Subscription.
- Then confirm that your Hulu subscription has been canceled successfully.
Ruko Devices Compatible with Hulu
You can watch Hulu in HD quality on a variety of Roku devices, and some of them even offer 4k streaming.
The following Roku devices are supported by Hulu:
- Roku 1
- Roku 2
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
- Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku Express
- Roku Express+
- Roku TV
- 4K Roku Ultra
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Premiere
- 4K Roku Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick
- K Roku Streaming Stick+
- 4K Roku Smart Speaker
Ruko Devices Incompatible with Hulu
Unfortunately, Hulu is not supported by all Roku devices.
The following Roku devices are available:
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
Is Hulu available on older Roku models?
Hulu just announced that it will no longer be compatible with outdated Roku devices. If you have one, it’s time to upgrade to a version that can successfully stream Hulu.
Hulu is available on some older Roku models, although there are significant limitations and software updates might be required. The Roku Streaming Player (models 2400 to 3100) and Roku Streaming Stick (models 3420 or older) use the standard Hulu app, which does not include Hulu premium add-ons or the Hulu Plus Live TV streaming service.
How to watch Hulu Live TV on Roku?
To watch Hulu Live on Roku, simply upgrade your existing Hulu subscription (if you have one) or sign up for the $54.99/month Hulu Live TV plan. If you’re looking for a way to obtain Hulu Live TV, simply type Hulu into the Roku search box, select the app, sign in, and watch a variety of channels and Hulu original programming.
What can I watch on Hulu on Roku Device?
Hulu’s vast catalog includes over 2,000 movies and 1,000 TV episodes, including critically acclaimed Hulu Originals like The Handmaid’s Tale, which won an Emmy. Furthermore, there are numerous documentaries and family-friendly shows to choose from, as well as a constantly updated catalog of fresh content.
Hulu has over 65 network TV stations that you can live-stream for $64.99 per month if you subscribe to the Hulu Plus Live TV subscription plan. You’ll have your selection of news and sports, as well as access to a variety of shows, series, and documentaries from many of the major television networks.
Now that you have a US Roku account with Hulu, you can watch your favorite movies and shows whenever you want. If you’re looking for something to watch on Hulu in 2022, you’re in luck since we’ve compiled a list of the top movies and TV shows available Hulu on Roku.
Best Hulu Movies to Watch on Roku
- Iron Man
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes were made
- High School Musical: The Musical – The Series
- Black Beauty
- Taylor Swift: Folklore
- The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
Best Hulu TV Shows to Watch on Roku
- Marvel’s Agents of Shield
- The Simpsons
- The Mandalorian
- Once Upon a Time
- Diary of a Future President
- High School Musical: The Musical – The Series
- Marvel Hero Project
- The Right Stuff
Alternative streaming services to Watch on Roku
Below are the alternative streaming services that are available on Roku to watch:
- Android Phones and TV (Watch Hulu on Android)
- Apple TV (Watch Hulu on Apple TV)
- iPhones and iPad (Watch Hulu on iPhone and iPad)
- Chromecast (Watch Hulu on Chromecast)
- Mac and PC browser/apps (Watch Hulu on Mac)
- Roku (Watch Hulu on Roku)
- Samsung TV (Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV)
- Echo Show
- Fire TV Stick (Watch Hulu on Firestick)
- LG TV (Watch Hulu on LG TV)
FAQs on Hulu on Ruku
What’s the difference between a Roku and a Hulu subscription?
Hulu is a service, while Roku is hardware. Roku is a streaming media player that allows users to watch their favorite movies and TV episodes. Hulu is a streaming service that costs $7.99 per month, which is the only noticeable difference between Roku and Hulu.
Is Hulu available on Roku?
Yes, Hulu is available on Roku. Hulu works with a variety of Roku devices, allowing you to stream 4k and HD video.
Why does Hulu continue to buffer?
If you’re having trouble buffering Hulu or Hulu Live on your VIZIO smart TV, Roku, Firestick, PC, PS4, or other devices, it’s possible that your internet connection is down, or that your Hulu app or device system is outdated. Hulu caches or web browser caches that have been corrupted.
Is Hulu available on Roku yet?
Yes, several Roku models, including the Roku Ultra, can stream Hulu and (Hulu + Live TV). Roku Premiere and Premiere Plus are two different types of Roku devices.
You can now effortlessly set up Hulu on your Roku devices and start watching your favorite Hulu movies and shows. If you like Hulu, you’ll adore Hulu because it offers all of the original Hulu movies as well as a lot more. We tried our best to come up with the most accurate information and guide to be made available on our website.
I hope you enjoyed reading about ways how to watch Hulu on Roku. So, if you have some queries in mind then feel free to post them over the platform because we always welcome questions from the users warmly.