Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can you watch Hulu on Roku outside USA? No, you cannot watch Hulu on Roku outside USA unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Can I get Hulu on Roku in geo-restricted regions? No, you cannot get Hulu on Roku in geo-restricted regions unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Hulu is a leading streaming platform with millions of subscribers globally. It has a dedicated application for major streaming devices such as Android devices, iOS devices, Gaming consoles, Roku, and many more.
So, if you are a Roku user looking for ways to get around Hulu’s geo-restriction, you have come to the right place. Read this blog to learn how to stream Hulu on Roku from anywhere with the best Hulu VPNs.
How to watch Hulu on Roku? [Easy Guide Dec 2023
Is Hulu App available on Roku? Yes, Hulu App is available on Roku devices. Follow these steps to watch Hulu on Roku easily:
- Go to Hulu’s official website and sign up for an account if you don’t already have one. (You can subscribe to Hulu or a bundle including Hulu, Hulu, and ESPN+).
- Turn on your Roku device after subscribing to Hulu > Press the Home button > Select Streaming Channels.
- Then go to Search Channels, type in Hulu, and select the app.
- Select the Add Channel option, and the app will download to your Roku device.
- Go to your Roku Home Screen and look for the Roku Hulu app.
- Lastly, all you have to do is open the app, log in, and start watching your favorite shows, episodes, and movies.
How do I activate Hulu on Roku?
You can activate Hulu on Roku with the following steps:
- Tap on the home button on the Roku remote to navigate to the Roku home screen.
- Search for the Roku channel store.
- Scroll to find the Hulu channel.
- Add the Hulu channel.
- Open the Hulu application and sign in with your credentials.
- Choose your profile and start streaming Hulu on Roku.
How to Create US Roku Account to Watch Hulu? [Step-by-Step Guide Dec 2023]
Can I sign up for Hulu on Roku? Yes, you can sign up for Hulu on Roku. Follow these steps to create an account on Roku for Hulu:
- Sign up for a premium VPN and install it on your device. (We recommend ExpressVPN)
- Sign in to the VPN app with your login and password.
- Select a US server from the dropdown menu and connect to it.
- Once you’ve established a connection, Create a US Roku account at https://my.roku.com/signup.
- Select the United States as your nation from the dropdown menu, then enter a US Zip code.
- You can use the internet to look up any zip code, such as 99501, 85001, or 92803.
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully set up your Roku account in the United States.
- Now navigate to Hulu App on Roku to watch the contemporary Hulu Originals.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Hulu on Roku Outside USA?
You need a VPN to watch Hulu on Roku because it is geo-restricted outside the USA. A VPN will mask your IP address and replace it with one from a country where Hulu is available.
Hulu has IP tracking technology that blocks users from accessing the service from locations where it is not available. Hulu is geo-restricted outside the USA. It will immediately block your access based on your virtual local IP address.
There’s a workaround. You can watch Hulu on Roku in geo-restricted regions with a premium VPN. It will mask your IP address with an American IP address to trick Hulu location servers. The most recommended VPN for Hulu location trick on Roku is ExpressVPN.
How to Set Up Virtual Router on PC to watch Hulu on Roku outside USA?
To stream Hulu on Roku outside the USA, you must configure the VPN on your Roku. Setting up a VPN on Roku is a challenging endeavor. The easiest way to use a VPN on Roku is to set up a virtual router on a PC and connect it to the Roku device.
Follow these steps to set up a virtual router on your PC and use VPN to access Hulu on Roku outside USA:
- Turn on your computer > Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet and turn on Mobile Hotspot.
- Set Wi-Fi on Share My Internet Connection > Click Edit to create a new network and password.
- Go to Related Settings > Change Adapter Options and enter the new name in the Network Connection Screen.
- Select ExpressVPN, Tap Adapter, and go to Properties.
- Tap on Sharing, and you will allow other networks to pass through it.
- Choose the name of the internet connection that you created in Step 2.
- Launch the ExpressVPN app and connect to a US server.
- Connect the Roku device to the new virtual router.
- Install the Hulu App on a Roku device.
- Open the Hulu App to stream binge-worthy content on Roku.
Top 3 VPNs to Get Hulu on Roku outside USA [Quick Overview December 2023]
Does Hulu work on Roku outside USA? No, Hulu doesn’t work on Roku outside USA because of the copyright agreements. However, you can use a premium VPN to watch Hulu on Roku. Take a look at the quick overview of the best Hulu VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: It has over 3000 fast servers across the globe with exceptional security protocols. You can purchase ExpressVPN for $6.67/month with its yearly subscription. It ensures high-end encryption and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. NordVPN has 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.71/month. With its 2-year plan, you can get 72% off, 3 months additional subscription, and a 30-day refund guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN to watch Hulu Roku. You can purchase Surfshark’s 2-year package for $2.49/month. It has 3200+ servers in 60+ countries and 23 highly optimized USA servers. In addition, it offers unlimited simultaneous connections.
How much is Hulu on Roku?
As a cord-cutter, you must be wondering How much is Hulu? Well, the following are the Hulu Cost and Subscription Plans:
|Hulu||Hulu (No Ads)||Hulu + Live TV|
|Price in US Dollars||USD 7.99/mo or USD 79.99/yr||USD 14.99/mo||USD 69.99/mo|
|Features||It allows you to stream different channels on two simultaneous screens. You can keep track of the trending shows on My Stuff. It offers an AutoPlay feature. You can create up to six profiles and binge the critically-acclaimed content in 1080p/60fps. It lets you listen to content in 5.1 surround sound and 2.0 stereo.||It offers unlimited access to a compelling content library with no commercials. You can keep track of the fascinating content through My Stuff. It allows you to watch content in 4K. Moreover, you can download select titles to your supported devices to stream them offline.||Hulu’s Live TV offers 65+ channels. 7-day free trial available. Up to six users can access one account at once. Hulu + LIVE subscription comes with ads.|
Note: The prices are subject to change per the international exchange rates.
What Bundles are offered by Hulu?
In the above section, we have informed about the Hulu prices. If you are a Cord Cutter, the best part is that Hulu also offers bundle pricing. Following are the Hulu Bundles:
|Hulu with Ads (Disney+, ESPN+ & Hulu)||Hulu with no Ads (Disney+, ESPN+ & Hulu)||Hulu No Ads + Live TV (Hulu, ESPN+ & Disney+)|
|Price in US Dollars||USD 13.99/mo||USD 19.99/mo||USD 82.99/mo|
|Features||The following plan gives you access to Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus. You can enjoy all the content you want, but the plan includes ads.||The following plan includes unlimited access to Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus and doesn’t include ads.||It offers unlimited access to a comprehensive content library with ad-free access to live channels. You can stream seasons of exclusive hit movies, kids, and Hulu originals. Moreover, you can stream multiple popular channels at a time.|
Note: Hulu (With Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (No Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads) subscription plan is no longer available for plan switch or purchase. Existing subscribers can keep the plan if they do not cancel it.
Why Hulu is not Working on Roku? [Quick Fix December 2023]
Are you wondering why can’t you watch Hulu on Roku? You can’t watch Hulu on Roku due one of the following reasons:
- Your Roku device does not support Hulu, or you must reinstall the Hulu app and restart the device.
- You are using an outdated version of the Hulu application, and Roku devices are compatible with the latest models of Roku. Therefore, upgrade your device to get Hulu on Roku.
- Hulu might not be working because of the geo-restriction. If you persevere in watching Hulu outside the USA, you will be redirected to an error. However, you can use a premium VPN to watch Hulu on Roku from anywhere.
How to Fix Hulu not working error on Roku?
You can fix Hulu not working error on Roku with the following troubleshooting ideas:
- Update your firmware.
- Power reboot your device.
- Update Hulu and VPN applications.
- Restart your device.
- Clear the App cache and history.
Which Roku Devices Support Hulu?
The following Roku devices are compatible with Hulu:
- Roku 1
- Roku 2
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
- Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku Express
- Roku Express+
- Roku TV
- 4K Roku Ultra
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Premiere
- 4K Roku Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick
- K Roku Streaming Stick+
- 4K Roku Smart Speaker
Which Roku Devices are not Supported by Hulu?
Unfortunately, the following Roku models are incompatible with Hulu:
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
Why can’t I access Hulu outside USA?
You might be unable to access Hulu outside USA because of the following possible causes:
- There’s a mismatch in the GPS location and IP address of your device.
- You have cookies on your streaming device that reveal your true location.
- Your VPN is unable to get around Hulu’s geo-clocks.
- There’s a data or IP leak.
- Hulu has blacklisted your VPN server.
Is Hulu Available on Older Roku Models?
Hulu announced that it would no longer be compatible with outdated Roku devices. So if you have one, it’s time to upgrade to a version that can successfully stream Hulu.
Hulu is available on some older Roku models, although significant limitations and software updates might be required. The Roku Streaming Player (models 2400 to 3100) and Roku Streaming Stick (models 3420 or older) use the standard Hulu app.
It does not include Hulu premium add-ons or the Hulu Plus Live TV streaming service.
Which Roku TV models are compatible with Hulu?
The following Roku TV models are compatible with Hulu:
Compatible Devices with Hulu other than Roku
Here’s a list of devices other than Roku that are compatible with Hulu:
- Android Devices
- iPhones and iPads
- Fire Tablets
- Contour 2 and Contour Stream Player
- Android TV (selected models)
- Nintendo Switch
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box
- Apple TV (4th generation or above)
- Echo Show (8, 10, and 15)
- LG TV (selected models)
- Mac and PC browsers/apps
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- Samsung TV (selected models)
- VIZIO Smart Cast TVs
What are the Top 20 Shows and Movies on Hulu?
Following are the top 20 shows and movies on Hulu:
- Minding the Gap (2018)
- Honeyland (2019)
- Apollo 11 (2019)
- Summer of Soul (2021)
- Collective (2019)
- Shoplifters (2018)
- Amazing Grace (2018)
- The Fight (2020)
- Parasite (2019)
- Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019)
- Nothing Like a Dame (2018)
- Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am (2019)
- Mike Wallace is Here (2019)
- Sorry To Bother You (2018)
- Possessor: Uncut (2020)
- Only Murders in the Building (2021)
- Reservation Dogs (2021)
- What We Do in The Shadows (2019)
- PEN15 (2019)
- McCartney 3,2,1 (2021)
Which Live Channels are available on Hulu on Roku?
Following is the list of live channels available on Hulu on Roku:
|Entertainment Channels||News Channels||Educational Channels||Sports Channels||Family-Entertainment Channels|
|BET, Comedy Central, Bravo, Freeform, E!, and Lifetime.||ABC News, Fox News, The Weather Channel, CNBC, and MSNBC.||NASA, National Geographic, History, and Discovery.||ESC, BTN, ACCN, ESPN, and FS1.||Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Boomerang, Universal Kids, and Cartoon Network.|
Can you access Hulu on Roku in Other Countries?
With the help of ExpressVPN, you can access Hulu in the following countries:
- Watch Hulu in Malaysia
- Can I access Hulu in Portugal?
- Is Hulu available in Switzerland?
- Hulu in South Africa
- Hulu in NZ
- How to watch Hulu in Croatia?
- Can I get Hulu in Hungary?
- Will Hulu work in Ireland?
- Can I use Hulu in Italy?
Hulu Roku – FAQs
How to download Hulu content on Roku?
You can download Hulu content on Roku with the following steps:
- Get a premium subscription to Hulu for USD 14.99.
- The downloadable content titles have a download logo next to the title of the TV show/movie.
- Navigate to the details page of the content.
- Tap on the download icon to get Hulu content on Roku.
- Navigate to the bottom of the application to find the download icon to stream all offline devices on your Roku device.
What’s the difference between a Roku and a Hulu subscription?
Hulu is a service, while Roku is hardware. Roku is a streaming media player that allows users to watch their favorite movies and TV episodes. Hulu is a streaming service that costs $7.99 per month, the only noticeable difference between Roku and Hulu.
What is Roku Pin for Hulu?
For Hulu or other streaming services, a Roku pin is a four-digit code you create for your account. This four-digit pin is required to install Hulu on a Roku device.
How do I install Hulu on Roku?
You can install Hulu on Roku with the following steps:
- Navigate to the Home screen of your Roku device with your remote.
- Go to Roku channel store > Scroll and Select Hulu
- Tap on Add Channel to confirm.
Why does Hulu continue to buffer?
Suppose you’re having trouble buffering Hulu or Hulu Live on your VIZIO smart TV, Roku, Firestick, PC, PS4, or other devices. In that case, it’s possible that your internet connection is down, or that your Hulu app or device system is outdated. Hulu caches or web browser caches that have been corrupted.
How to sign out of Hulu on Roku?
Follow these steps to sign out of Hulu on Roku:
- Select your profile icon on the main page of Hulu.
- Scroll down and select log out.
- Select log out of Hulu to confirm. You will be taken to the Hulu login Roku page.
How to switch Hulu profiles on Roku?
Follow these steps to switch Hulu profiles on Roku:
- Sign in on Hulu.
- Navigate to the top right corner.
- Select the Profile Icon.
- Tap on the shape you want to select. (You can also create a new profile on Hulu).
Why doesn’t Hulu work on Roku?
Hulu might not be working on Roku because of your slow internet connection. To check the internet speed and connection, navigate to Settings > Network > Assess connection to check if your internet is working and you have adequate internet strength. In case you have no connectivity, troubleshoot your internet router.
How do I change the language on Hulu on Roku?
You can change the language on Hulu on Roku with the following steps:
- Press the “*” button on your Roku controller.
- It will pop up in the Audio menu.
- Select the Subtitle setting and tap on your preferred language.
- Navigate to Roku Home.
- Go to Settings, Select System > System Update > Check Now.
- If any Hulu update is available, it will automatically download it.
- The language setting you have selected for Hulu will be autosaved.
Does Roku have monthly fees?
No, you don’t have to pay monthly to watch live channels on Roku.
Is Hulu no longer on Roku?
With the new updates, Hulu is no longer available on Roku 4.
How do I update Hulu on Roku?
You can update Hulu by navigating to the Roku home page, selecting Settings, and choosing System Update.
Is Hulu available on Roku yet?
Several Roku models, including the Roku Ultra, can stream Hulu and (Hulu + Live TV). In addition, Roku Premiere and Premiere Plus are two different types of Roku devices.
You can now set up Hulu on your Roku devices and watch your favorite movies and shows. You’ll adore Hulu because it offers all original Hulu movies and much more. We tried to find the most accurate information and guide on our website.
I hope you enjoyed reading about ways how to watch Hulu on Roku. So, if you have some queries, feel free to post them over the platform. We always warmly welcome questions from users.