Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can I watch SonyLIV in Australia? No, you cannot watch SonyLIV in Australia unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is SonyLIV available in Australia? SonyLIV is not available in Australia because of the geo-restriction. However, you can watch SonyLIV in Australia with a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
SonyLIV is an OTT streaming platform just like Voot, Hotstar, and Zee5. The streaming service has millions of subscribers across the globe and is undoubtedly one of the most-watched Indian streaming platforms. Starting at 170 INR, SonyLIV offers both free and premium subscriptions.
Do you live in Australia or traveling outside India and wondering how to get SonyLIV in Australia? You cannot get SonyLIV Australia because of the copyright policies. Don’t worry, we have got your back! Keep reading this blog to learn how to stream SonyLIV Australia with premium VPN services.
How to watch SonyLIV Australia [Quick Guide in Mar 2023]
Does SonyLIV work in Australia? SonyLIV does not work in Australia because of the licensing policies. However, you can watch SonyLIV in Australia with a premium VPN. Follow these steps to watch SonyLIV Australia:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has comprehensive security protocols and next-generation encryption.
- Get the ExpressVPN application on your streaming device and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to an optimized Indian server. We recommend India (Via Singapore) server.
- Navigate to the official website of SonyLIV and watch your favorite shows on SonyLIV in Australia.
Why Do you need a VPN to access SonyLIV in Australia?
Can you unblock SonyLIV Australia without a VPN? No, you cannot unblock SonyLIV Australia without a VPN because it is a geo-restricted streaming service. SonyLIV has installed powerful servers to prohibit its access anywhere outside India.
Whenever you try to watch and access SonyLIV in Australia, you’ll see the following error message:
“We miss you too! Looks like we are not here yet. Sorry, our services are not available in this country. But we’ll be waiting for you with all your favorites back home. See you soon.”
So, can you use SonyLIV in Australia? Yes, you can use SonyLIV in Australia with a premium VPN. It will mask your Australian IP with an Indian IP to manipulate the location firewalls of SonyLIV into giving you uninterrupted and secure access.
The most secure VPN to trick SonyLIV’s location is ExpressVPN because it has next-generation encryption and incredible unblocking capabilities.
Top 5 VPNs to Get SonyLIV in Australia [Quick Overview in March 2023]
How can I watch SonyLIV in Australia? You can watch SonyLIV in Australia with a premium VPN. Take a look at the quick summary of the 5 top VPNs to watch SonyLIV Australia:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 3 highly optimized server locations in India. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month. Moreover, you will get 3 months free trial and a risk-free 45-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries. It has 24 highly optimized server locations in India. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. It offers a 45-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: It is the most reliable VPN to watch SonyLIV Australia. It has over 5,400 servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. You can purchase NordVPN’s 2-year subscription for $3.71 per month. Moreover, you will get a 72% discount, access to additional 3 months, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the most reliable VPN to watch SonyLIV Australia. It has over 5,400 servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. You can purchase NordVPN’s 2-year subscription for $3.71 per month. Moreover, you will get a 72% discount, access to additional 3 months, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in India, fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs for watching SonyLIV in Australia [Detailed Analysis March 2023]
Why SonyLIV is not working in Australia? SonyLIV is not working in Australia because of the geo-restriction. However, you can use a premium VPN to watch SonyLIV in Australia. After testing 40+ VPNs we have enlisted the best VPNs based on their unblocking capabilities, speed, and server networks:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch SonyLIV in Australia
Express VPN is the best for watching SonyLIV, Voot, Hotstar, and other Indian TV episodes and channels from overseas. It has a large number of servers in India and has been tested with services like Hotstar, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and others. It’s also one of the fastest VPNs on the market, so HD streaming is a breeze. You can anticipate a private and leak-proof connection because all traffic is encrypted with 256-bit encryption and full forward secrecy.
An internet kill switch, DNS leak protection, and a policy of not logging any personally identifiable information are among the additional safeguards. ExpressVPN accepts Bitcoin payments and anonymous sign-ups via burner email addresses for individuals who prefer to keep their identities hidden. You can watch Voot in Australia, HBO Max in Australia, YouTube TV in Australia, and much more of these channels in Australia with ExpressVPN.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access SonyLIV in Australia
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost Provides you with 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States. Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, and split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely. It provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to watch SonyLIV in Australia
In India, it has 21 servers as part of a global network of over 5,700. The service is exceptionally fast (in our speed testing, it outperformed all competitors), customizable, and highly secure. For those wishing to stream safely, NordVPN is a solid option. It integrates with a variety of media services, including Netflix, Voot, Vudu, SonyLiv.
You can choose a server that is optimized for HD streaming, reducing the chances of buffering and lag. 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and an internet kill button provide security. An ad blocker and anti-malware defense are also included. Furthermore, this service keeps no logs and accepts cryptocurrency payments.
Surfshark – Reliable VPN to Watch SonyLIV in Australia
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN service that has quickly established a reputation for its security features and unblocking abilities. It has around 1,700 servers spread across 50 countries, including those in India. It can also safely access Zee5, Voot, and Hotstar, so if you want to watch Indian TV shows and channels, you’re covered. Also, you can watch Hulu in Australia, American Netflix in Australia, and Hotstar in Australia with Surfshark.
It has features like AES 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, WebRTC, IPv6 leak protection, and an internet kill button to protect all traffic. One of the most appealing characteristics of Surfshark is that it allows an unlimited number of devices to connect to a single account, making it simple to share with friends, family.
AtlasVPN – Pocket-Friendly VPN to access SonyLIV in Australia
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices. It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed.
AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps. It costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 day hassle-free money-back guarantee.
It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
How to subscribe to SonyLIV in Australia?
Can you pay for SonyLIV Australia with a non-Indian payment method? Yes, you can pay for SonyLIV Australia with a non-Indian payment method. There are three alternative ways to subscribe to SonyLIV Australia:
Method 1: How to Subscribe to SonyLIV Australia through Google Play Store?
Follow these steps to subscribe to SonyLIV Australia through Google Play Store:
- Search for the SonyLIV application on Google Play Store.
- Download the app and launch it.
- Select Sign in Now and enter an Indian Mobile Number (You can ask your friend/relative living in India).
- Verify your account through an OTP and select your preferred payment plan.
- Confirm the payment for your subscription via Google Pay.
- Get a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has an optimized Indian server.
- Connect to a secure Indian server. We recommend ExpressVPN’s India (Via Singapore) server.
- Watch your favorite shows on SonyLIV Australia.
Method 2: How to Subscribe to SonyLIV Australia via a Gift Card?
Follow these steps to Subscribe to SonyLIV Australia with a Gift Card:
- Navigate to Amazon.in and search for the SonyLIV gift card.
- Select a SonyLIV gift card costing INR 999 and purchase it through your PayPal.
- Get ExpressVPN and connect to its secure Indian server.
- Go back to sonyliv.com > Login Section > Sign up through an Indian mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received on the number and Sign in.
- Choose the annual plan of SonyLIV and click ‘View Offers.’
- Add the gift card code you received in your email and click ‘Apply.’
- Watch your favorite shows on SonyLIV Australia.
Method 3: How to Subscribe to SonyLIV Australia through iTunes?
Follow these steps to get SonyLIV Australia with iTunes:
- Navigate to the Apple App Store and search for SonyLIV app.
- Get the app on your iOS device.
- Launch the app and sign up with an Indian phone number.
- Verify the account with an OTP on your number.
- Choose one of the subscription plans and use your iTunes credentials for in-app purchases.
- Get ExpressVPN and connect to a secure Indian server.
- Watch your favorite content on SonyLIV Australia.
How much Does SonyLIV Cost in Australia?
As a cord-cutter, you must be wondering how much is SonyLIV in Australia? Following is the SonyLIV Australia price:
|Mobile-Only Plan||INR 599 (AUD 10.83)||12 months|
|Live Premium Monthly-Plan||INR 299 (AUD 5.41)||1 Month|
|Live Premium Half-Yearly Plan||INR 699 (AUD 12.64)||6 Months|
|Live Premium Annual Plan||INR 999 (USD 18.06)||12 Months|
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch SonyLIV in Australia?
Free VPNs are enticing because they provide a simple sign-up process with no upfront costs. However, we strongly encourage you to avoid this path. To avoid VPN usage, many streaming services, such as Hotstar, Voot, Zee5 have invested much in internal security.
This means that only the finest suppliers will be able to overcome the limitations, and free services will not be considered. Also, most free VPNs do not have servers in India. We don’t think you’ll be able to get a reliable Indian IP address through a free provider because you’ll need one to stream TV shows and channels online.
Compatible Devices with SonyLIV Australia
The following are the compatible devices with SonyLIV Australia:
- Android Devices
- Smart TV
- Apple TV
- iOS Devices
- Amazon Firestick
- Google Chromecast
How to watch SonyLIV in Australia on Android Devices?
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the SonyLIV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, SonyLIV is now available on your Android device.
How to Get SonyLIV in Australia on iOS Devices?
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for SonyLIV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
How to Watch SonyLIV in Australia on Roku?
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select SonyLIV on the Roku homescreen, and you are good to go.
How can I Stream SonyLIV in Australia on Apple TV?
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the SonyLIV app and you are done.
How can I Access SonyLIV in Australia on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the SonyLIV app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How can I watch SonyLIV in Australia on PC?
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the SonyLIV website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching SonyLIV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
SonyLIV Channels in Australia
20+ Live TV channels are available on SonyLIV in Australia. The following are some of the originals:
- SET HD
- MAX SD
- PIX HD
- SONY PIX
- SAB HD
- SONY MAX
To check out the complete list of SonyLIV channels, click this link.
What to Watch on SonyLIV in Australia?
Following are some of the best movies and TV shows to watch on Sony LIV in Australia:
- Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story
- Girl’s Hostel
- Bahubaali 1-2
- Ghar ki Murghi
- Bahubali 2
- Green Book
- Karan Arjun
- Pineapple Express
- Ghost in the Shell
- The Girl on the Train
- The Kapil Sharma Show
- Indian Idol
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Crime Patrol Satark
- College Romance
- The Pitchers
- A Girls
- India’s Best Dancer
- Baalveer Returns
Why is SonyLIV Not Working in Australia? [Quick Fixes Mar 2023]
If SonyLIV isn’t working in Australia, it could be a minor glitch with your service provider or VPN. To fix the SonyLIV in Australia not working problem, follow these steps:
- Close SonyLIV as well as your web browser.
- Close the ExpressVPN app and disconnect from the VPN server.
- Restart ExpressVPN and connect to the Indian server once more.
- Open your browser and go to SonyLIV after the connection is established.
- Login to SonyLIV and hopefully it will start working.
FAQs on SonyLIV in Australia
Can I Watch SonyLIV in Australia online?
Yes, you can watch SonyLIV in Australia online with a premium VPN, such as ExpressVPN.
Is SonyLIV App available in Australia?
No, officially SonyLIV App isn’t available in Australia. But you can watch SonyLIV App in Australia using the above-mentioned steps.
In which country SonyLiv is available?
SonyLIV is exclusively available in India.
Can I watch SonyLIV in Australia without a subscription?
Yes, you can watch SonyLIV in Australia without a subscription, all you have to do is, connect to an Indian server from the list and then visit SonyLIV app in Australia and enjoy free access to its content.
How do I use SonyLiv app from Australia?
You just have to connect yourself with a reliable VPN server that will provide you quick and vast servers from India, as SonlyLiv is geo-blocked in Australia.
Is SonyLIV free in Australia?
Yes, SonyLIV is a free online streaming platform in India as well as outside India but they also offer premium plans.
You can simply watch all of your favorite Indian content, including lives, channels, movies, and shows in Australia with the help of a premium VPN. However, we highly recommend ExpressVPN because of its high-speed servers and no-log data policy.
We hope you all enjoyed and learned a lot after reading this blog about how to watch SonyLIV in Australia, also if you still have any questions, please ask them in the comments section below!
People Also Read: