Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch SonyLIV outside India? No, you cannot watch SonyLIV outside India unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
SonyLIV offers some of the most binge-worthy Indian titles, such as Scam 1992, Girl’s Hostel, Dr. Arora, and many more. Unfortunately, you cannot get SonyLIV outside India because it is only available in India. To unblock SonyLIV outside India, you must use a premium VPN to spoof your location and mask your IP address.
The most recommended VPN to cloak your virtual location is ExpressVPN because it encrypts your online traffic and reroutes the data through a secure VPN tunnel. It gives the impression that you are watching SonyLIV from India. In this comprehensive guide, we will elaborate on “How to watch SonyLIV outside India.”
How to watch SonyLIV outside India [Quick Guide in December 2023]
You can unblock SonyLIV outside India with the following steps:
- Sign up for a premium VPN with best-in-class security protocols and secure Indian servers. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install the VPN application on your streaming device.
- Log in to the ExpressVPN app with your credentials.
- Connect to an Indian server from the servers list. We recommend India (Via Singapore) server.
- Navigate to the official website of SonyLIV to watch your favorite content outside India.
Why do you need a VPN to access SonyLIV outside India?
You need a VPN to watch SonyLIV outside India because SonyLIV’s geographic restrictions immediately block a non-Indian IP address. Therefore, it is essential to mask your local IP with an Indian IP to trick SonyLIV geo-location firewalls.
If you try to watch SonyLIV outside India without a VPN, you will be redirected to the following geo-restriction error:
So, how can you unblock SonyLIV outside India? You can unblock SonyLIV outside India with a premium VPN. It will mask your local IP with an Indian IP to manipulate the SonyLIV location detectors.
The most recommended VPN to trick SonyLIV’s location is ExpressVPN because it has the best encryption and lightning-fast servers.
Top 3 VPNs Watch SonyLIV outside India [Quick Overview in December 2023]
Take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPNs to watch SonyLIV outside India:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and highly optimized server locations in India. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5,700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries with highly optimized servers in India. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Sign up for SonyLIV outside India?
You can sign up for SonyLIV outside India with the following steps:
- Get a premium subscription to ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a secure Indian server to mask your American IP.
- Go to the official SonyLIV website and select Sign up.
- You will need an Indian contact number to register on SonyLIV outside India.
- Enter the OTP sent to your contact number.
- Select your preferred payment method and subscription plan.
- Add the payment details and billing address.
- Confirm the payment to sign up for SonyLIV outside India successfully.
Note: If you don’t have an Indian contact number and billing address, you can ask your friends/family in India to get a SonyLIV subscription, or you can use receive-sms.cc service to get an Indian number.
3 Best VPNs to Watch SonyLIV Outside India [Editor’s Top Picks Dec 2023]
After testing 40+ VPNs, we have enlisted below the 3 best VPNs to watch SonyLIV outside India:
ExpressVPN – Fastest Speed VPN to Watch SonyLIV outside India
- Built-in speed: ExpressVPN has a feature of its internet speed test that allows you to check your web speed. Their fastest servers are operating in India.
- Standard of encryption: ExpressVPN uses an AES 256-bit encryption, considered the highest standard of encryption that cannot break easily.
- Kill switch feature: Furthermore, it has advanced security features, including DNS leak, Split tunneling, and kill switch features.
- Complete Protection: ExpressVPN provides full protection, as it doesn’t monitor the IP address you are connecting from. For instance, your login time, the IP you’re using, any traffic, or any data concerning the pages are safe.
- Subscription Plan: The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors, but worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Server: India (via Singapore)
NordVPN – Reliable VPN for Streaming
- Fast Servers: NordVPN is a suitable VPN for beginners, as It’s easy to set up. In addition, it offers a vast server network, with over 5700+ servers across the globe, and its fast servers can easily bypass the firewalls of any geo-restricted site, including YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, and HBO MAX, which is just amazing.
- High tunneling protocol: Nordlynx is software used by NordVPN as a tunneling protocol that supplies ultimate fast connections, no matter where you are. It prevents the internet speed from slowing down.
- Advanced Security: NordVPN provides advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, trusted Server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete privacy.
- Double Protection: NordVPN provides its users with an extra layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and encrypting their web traffic.
- Subscription plan: NordVPN costs $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Note: NordVPN has no servers in India, so we suggest you use ExpressVPN to access the restricted content!
Surfshark – Trusted VPN to Watch SonyLIV outside India
- Unique security techniques: Surfshark secures your identity from hackers by deleting any hint of your private information and browsing history with each reboot.
- Global Servers: Surfshark also offers over 3200+ servers in over 100 countries and unlimited simultaneous connections at exceptionally high speeds.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark offers AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that encrypt your internet traffic completely.
- Split Tunneling: Users can split their internet connection into two using Surfshark’s split tunneling feature. If you want to access foreign and local services simultaneously, this feature allows you to be available abroad and updated with local news.
- Subscription plan: Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free.
Recommended Servers: Indore, Chennai, and Mumbai
Can I watch SonyLIV outside India with a free VPN?
Yes, you can watch SonyLIV outside India with a free VPN. However, it is not recommended because free VPNs monitor your digital footprint and sell user data to third parties to make money. Moreover, free VPNs have fewer features than paid VPNs.
It has limited servers and selected IPs, easily detected and blacklisted by SonyLIV geo-location firewalls.
We highly recommend using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to watch your favorite shows on SonyLIV outside India because it has premium security protocols and a strict no-logs policy.
How to Subscribe to SonyLIV outside India?
Can you pay for SonyLIV outside India with a non-Indian payment method? Yes, you can pay for SonyLIV outside India with a non-Indian payment method. There are three alternative ways to subscribe to SonyLIV outside India:
Method 1: How to Subscribe to SonyLIV outside India through the Google Play Store?
Follow these steps to subscribe to SonyLIV outside India through the Google Play Store:
- Search for the SonyLIV application on the Google Play Store.
- Download the app and launch it.
- Select Sign in Now and enter an Indian Mobile Number (You can ask your friend/relative living in India).
- Verify your account through an OTP and select your preferred payment plan.
- Confirm the payment for your subscription via Google Pay.
- Get a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has an optimized Indian server.
- Connect to a secure Indian server. We recommend ExpressVPN’s India (Via Singapore) server.
- Watch your favorite shows on SonyLIV outside India.
Note: Don’t worry if you don’t have an Indian number; you can get it from receive.sms-cc.
Method 2: How to Subscribe to SonyLIV outside India via a Gift Card?
Follow these steps to Subscribe to SonyLIV outside India with a Gift Card:
- Navigate to Amazon.in and search for the SonyLIV gift card.
- Select a SonyLIV gift card costing INR 999 and purchase it through your PayPal.
- Get ExpressVPN and connect to its secure Indian server.
- Go back to sonyliv.com > Login Section > Sign up through an Indian mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received on the number and Sign in.
- Choose the annual plan of SonyLIV and click ‘View Offers.’
- Add the gift card code you received in your email and click ‘Apply.’
- Watch your favorite shows on SonyLIV outside India.
Method 3: How to Pay for SonyLIV outside India through iTunes?
Follow these steps to get SonyLIV outside India with iTunes:
- Navigate to the Apple App Store and search for the SonyLIV app.
- Get the app on your iOS device.
- Launch the app and sign up with an Indian phone number.
- Verify the account with an OTP on your number.
- Choose one of the subscription plans and use your iTunes credentials for in-app purchases.
- Get ExpressVPN and connect to a secure Indian server.
- Watch your favorite content on SonyLIV outside India.
How Much is SonyLIV outside India? [Updated December 2023]
As a cord-cutter, you must be wondering how much does SonyLIV cost outside India? Following is the Sonyliv subscription cost:
|SonyLIV Packages||Price in INR||Price in USD||Duration||No. of Allowed Screens|
|Mobile-Only Plan||INR 599||$7.53||12 Months||1 Screen|
|Live Premium Monthly Plan||INR 299||$3.76||1 Month||2 Screens|
|Live Premium Half-Yearly Plan||INR 699||$8.79||6 Months||2 Screens|
|Live Premium Annual Plan||INR 999||$12.56||12 Months||2 Screens|
Note: The price of the subscription plan is subject to change as per the exchange rate.
How to Fix SonyLIV outside India Not Working Error?
In case you notice SonyLIV not working outside India from your country, then do not panic; it might be a small glitch from either the service provider or the VPN you are using. Follow these steps to resolve the SonyLIV not working error:
- Close SonyLIV and your browser.
- Disconnect from the VPN server and close your ExpressVPN app.
- Now restart the ExpressVPN app and connect to any Indian server again.
- Once the connection is established, open your browser and open SonyLIV.
- Login to SonyLIV, and it should start working fine again.
Compatible Devices to watch SonyLIV outside India
Following are the devices that are compatible with watching SonyLIV outside India:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How Do I download SonyLIV App on Android devices outside India?
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in India.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the SonyLIV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, SonyLIV is now available on your Android device.
How can I get SonyLIV App on iOS devices outside India?
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to India in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in India.
- Search for SonyLIV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows.
How to Watch SonyLIV outside India on Roku?
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the Indian server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select SonyLIV on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How to access SonyLIV outside India on PS3/PS4?
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “SonyLIV.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- SonyLIV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to stream SonyLIV outside India on Xbox?
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “SonyLIV ” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How to Install SonyLIV outside India on Kodi?
- Install a VPN that is compatible with SonyLIV. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in India after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the SonyLIV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Get SonyLIV outside India on Firestick?
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to an Indian server.
- Enter the word ‘SonyLIV’ and press enter.
- The ‘SonyLIV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the SonyLIV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the SonyLIV app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching SonyLIV on Firestick outside India.
How do I Add SonyLIV outside India on Apple TV?
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to an Indian server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the SonyLIV app, and you are done.
How can you Watch SonyLIV outside India on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to an India-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the SonyLIV app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How to watch SonyLIV outside India on PC?
Follow the step-by-step guide to watch SonyLIV outside India on PC:
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to an India-based server.
- Go to the SonyLIV website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching SonyLIV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to Watch on SonyLIV outside India?
Following are some of the best movies and TV shows to watch on SonyLIV outside India:
- Girl’s Hostel
- Bahubaali 1-2
- Ghar ki Murghi
- Bahubali 2
- Green Book
- Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story
- Karan Arjun
- Pineapple Express
- Ghost in the Shell
- The Girl on the Train
- The Kapil Sharma Show
- Indian Idol
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Crime Patrol Satark
- College Romance
- The Pitchers
- A Girls
- India’s Best Dancer
- Baalveer Returns
SonyLIV Channels outside India
20+ Live TV channels are available on SonyLIV outside India. The following are some of the originals:
- SET HD
- MAX SD
- PIX HD
- SONY PIX
- SAB HD
- SONY MAX
FAQs SonyLIV Outside India
Can I Watch SonyLIV outside India online?
Yes, you can watch SonyLIV outside India online with a premium VPN, such as ExpressVPN.
Is SonyLIV App available outside India?
No, officially SonyLIV App isn’t available outside India. But you can watch SonyLIV App outside India from anywhere using the above-mentioned steps.
Can I watch SonyLIV outside India without a subscription?
Yes, you can watch SonyLIV outside India without a subscription; all you have to do is, connect to an Indian server from the list and then visit SonyLIV app outside India and enjoy free access to its content.
Does SonyLIV India subscription work in USA?
No, SonyLIV Subscription doesn’t work in USA; for that, you first need to subscribe to a VPN then you can access SonyLIV India in USA.
Is SonyLIV app available in USA?
No, the SonyLIV app is not available in USA for that you need to subscribe to ExpressVPN then you can access SonyLIV anywhere.
How do I change my country on SonyLIV?
First, you need a VPN and then connect it with an Indian Server to start streaming.
Is it legal to watch SonyLIV with a VPN outside India?
Yes, it is legal to watch SonyLIV with a VPN outside India as long as you are not involved in any illegal activity.
Is SonyLIV free outside India?
Yes, SonyLIV is a free online streaming platform in India and outside India, but they also offer premium plans.
Where is SonyLiv available?
SonyLiv is available in India only, whereas, outside India, a VPN is an alternative allowing users to search and enjoy unlimited access!
How can I watch SonyLiv outside India for free?
We never recommend anyone to watch and unblock geo-restricted websites for free using any proxy because many risk factors are associated with it, mostly data hacking! It’s always better to choose a secured VPN connection and provide services with confirmed security layers.
How to get SonyLIV premium?
SonyLIV Premium is one of the packages available to subscribers of the streaming service. You can use the service by choosing the appropriate plan and paying after connecting to an India server.
You can stream SonyLIV to your heart’s content with a good VPN. Just make sure to pick one that offers lightning-fast speeds, strong security, and many servers in India. ExpressVPN is our top pick for all of these reasons. With our top VPN bargains and offers, you can save money on whichever provider you choose.
People Also Read: