Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch YouTube TV in Australia? No, you cannot watch YouTube TV in Australia unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
YouTube TV is one of the most renowned live TV streaming services. It features more than 85+ TV channels online. However, YouTube TV is available in limited regions. Are you wondering if can you get YouTube TV in Australia? No, you cannot get YouTube TV in Australia because of the geo-restriction.
Read the guide to watch incredible TV shows like A Discovery of Witches, Euphoria, and Good Trouble on YouTube TV Australia with the best VPN services.
How to Watch YouTube TV Australia [Easily Mar 2023]
Is YouTube TV available everywhere? No, YouTube TV is available in the United States only. However, you can get YouTube TV in Australia or from anywhere with the following steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has best-in-class security features.
- Install and open the ExpressVPN application on your streaming device. Now log in with your credentials.
- Connect to a secure US Server and watch your favorite on-demand and live content on YouTube TV Australia.
If you’re an American living in a country where YouTube TV isn’t available and wants to watch YouTube TV in Australia, check out our detailed guide on How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia.
Why do you need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Australia?
Can you use YouTube TV in Australia without a VPN? You cannot use YouTube TV in Australia without a VPN because of the geo-restriction and copyright licensing.
If you attempt to access the service from a location other than the United States, you will receive the following error message:
So, can you unblock YouTube TV in Australia? Yes, you can unblock YouTube TV in Australia with a premium VPN. It will mask your Australian IP with an American IP to manipulate YouTube geo-location detectors.
You can easily get around YouTube’s geo-restriction with a premium VPN. The most recommended VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia is ExpressVPN because it has exceptional unblocking capabilities and best-in-class security features.
Top 5 VPNs for Watching YouTube TV Australia [Quick Overview March 2023]
Can you access YouTube TV in Australia? Yes, you can access YouTube TV in Australia with a premium VPN. Take a look at the quick overview of the best YouTube TV VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 25 highly optimized servers in the USA. It offers $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 45-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in the USA. It is one of the largest services with comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs for Unblocking and Watching YouTube TV in Australia [Detailed Overview Mar 2023]
Can you trick YouTube TV location firewalls? Yes, you can trick YouTube TV locations with a premium VPN. After testing 40+ VPNs, we have enlisted below the 5 best VPNs to get YouTube TV Australia:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Uninterruptedly Watch YouTube TV in Australia
- I recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for YouTube TV because it is incredibly effective at bypassing geo-restrictions and accessing YouTube TV without any hassle, thanks to its 3,000+ server network.
- It is one of the finest VPNs to watch YouTube TV in Australia and anywhere else in the world.
- ExpressVPN has Aes-256 bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, Zero-log policy, Strict no IP leaks, so the users are confident the allocated IP addresses are unique and will not overlap with any other users.
- A split-tunneling feature is responsible for splitting the data packets into pieces, making the sending process seamless through the tunnel of information.
- Also, an active Kill Switch is notifying the users about connection weakness, so the user can reconnect to their connection before their actual identity is reframed in front of the website admin.
- In terms of streaming, it’s also the best. The Media Streamer feature of ExpressVPN is a streamer’s dream come true.
- Being one of the few VPN services that maintain a rigorous no-logs policy and are free of IP and DNS leaks. It features good connectivity, a user-friendly interface, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access YouTube TV in Australia
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- It has a built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries.
- Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Best Reputable VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
- In addition to the two listed above, NordVPN is a prominent participant in the VPN industry, with numerous fast servers across the world, no logs, and a reputation for being a solid VPN for online streaming.
- It can handle up to six simultaneous connections, allowing you to share a single account for secure streaming with your family or friends.
- NordVPN has a dedicated protocol, NordLynx, responsible for auditing the security protocols and policies before the user connection is established.
- With NordLynx, there are other protocols, too, like Aes-256 bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, IKeV2, Split-tunneling, DNS server responsible for masking the IP address, and Physical location within time.
- It also allows multi-logins for devices reaching up to 5+ devices at a time, with a single premium paid account, which is perfect for a family!
Surfshark – Low-Cost VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
- Surfshark is a pocket-friendly, high-quality VPN service. It uses industry-leading encryption, does not collect logs, and keeps you safe and anonymous online. Surfshark has a great variety of fast servers in the United States and elsewhere.
- It works with a variety of streaming devices, including YouTube TV and Netflix, and it also gets across China’s Great Firewall, which is a major accomplishment and a considerable hurdle for a VPN.
- The Aes-256-bit encryption technique, which is so hard that even the brute force technique fails to break the encryption layer and get into the searching of users, disturbing the users’ overall activities.
- Moreover, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP IKeV2, and Strict Zero-Log policies are responsible for giving users the guarantee about no repository maintenance of their online activities.
- The split-tunneling feature is there to split the data packets into pieces to pass through the tunnel of information within the expected time!
- Surfshark also comes with an adblocker, can be installed on an infinite number of devices, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access YouTube TV in Australia
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options.
- It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies.
- It also has a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
- Watch Voot in Australia
- Watch American Netflix in Australia
- Watch NBC in Australia
- Watch Hulu in Australia
- Watch HBO Max in Australia
- Watch BBC iPlayer in Australia
- Watch CTV in Australia
How to Choose the Best VPNs for YouTube TV in Australia?
It’s difficult to choose a VPN because there are so many on the market with essentially the same set of functionalities. Some provide a large server network, while others have a greater emphasis on security, speed, or the ability to circumvent a wider range of services.
However, look for the following qualities in a VPN while looking for the best VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia:
- It must have a larger server network, including a big number of servers throughout the United States.
- For HD streaming of YouTube TV live shows, it must have fast servers.
- It must employ cutting-edge encryption technology, such as AES-256-bit encryption.
- It must have a dependable customer support crew that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- It should be able to unblock YouTube TV and comparable streaming services
How to Sign up for YouTube TV Australia? [Quick Steps]
You can sign up for YouTube TV Australia with the following steps:
- Get a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has comprehensive security protocols.
- Connect to an optimized US server. We recommend ExpressVPN’s Dallas server.
- Navigate to YouTube TV’s website > Tap on “Try it Free.”
- Log in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Gmail account, you can create a new account to access YouTube TV Australia.
- After you have successfully signed in, add a US Zip Code. You can find many Zip Codes on Google such as 92617 and many more.
- Select your preferred payment method. You can select PayPal and add your account details.
- YouTube TV offers a 14-day free trial period, after that, you will be charged as per the subscription plans.
How much does YouTube TV cost in Australia?
As a cord-cutter, you must be wondering how much is YouTube TV in Australia. Following are the YouTube TV Australia cost and subscription plans:
- Base Plan: It costs AUD 101.71/month. It offers 85+ live channels and unlimited DVR Space. You can create 6 streaming profiles with this plan.
- Spanish Plan: It costs AUD 54.76/month. It offers 28+ live channels and unlimited DVR Space. You can create 6 streaming profiles with this plan.
How to Subscribe to YouTube TV in Australia?
To create a YouTube TV account in Australia, all you have to do is simply follow one of the methods and instructions mentioned below.
How to Subscribe to YouTube TV Australia with Paypal Account?
You must have a valid PayPal account in the United States to subscribe to YouTube TV in Australia. You can either ask a friend or family member in the United States for a PayPal account, or you can create one yourself by following the instructions below:
- Connect to a VPN server located in the United States. Begin the registration procedure with a brand-new email address.
- Fill in all of your information, including your credit card number and street address, in the proper fields.
- As a US Zipcode, enter your local postal code. To make your city’s postal code all numbers, remove the alphabets and finish with two zeroes.
- Double-check that this Zipcode exists by going to the US Postal Service website link. Change one of the zeros at the end to a 1 if it doesn’t work.
- To finalize the purchase, enter the US city location from the USPS page as well as your actual street address.
How to Subscribe YouTube TV Australia with your friend’s or family member’s debit/credit card?
You can get a YouTube TV account in Australia if you have a friend with a US bank account. Simply ask a friend to sign up for the service and provide you with their YouTube TV login information. The remaining steps are the same as those described in the procedure.
How to Subscribe to YouTube TV Australia via gift card?
A YouTube gift card can also be used to get a YouTube TV account in Australia. A YouTube TV gift card can be purchased at the YouTube Amazon Store. To minimize any future tax issues, I recommend getting at least a $75 gift card.
After you’ve received your YouTube TV gift card, go to youtube.com/redeem to redeem it for a YouTube TV membership in Australia. You can either ask a friend to get you a gift card or contact freelancers to get you one.
The most basic YouTube TV subscription package is USD 64.99 per month or CAD 81.58 per month. A maximum of six accounts is allowed per individual. With the membership, you’ll get a 5-day free trial and access to 90+ YouTube TV channels. Traditional services are also offered for an extra USD 37 per month or CAD 46.44 per month.
Can I watch YouTube TV in Australia with a Free VPN?
Yes, a free VPN can be used to view YouTube TV in Australia, but I do not encourage it. Free VPNs lack proper security procedures and cannot bypass geo-restrictions on streaming sites like YouTube TV. Not only will you be unable to access YouTube TV, but you also risk disclosing your data to third parties.
You can not just stream YouTube Tv in Australia, but you can unblock other geo-restricted platforms as well such as Hulu, Zee5, and SonyLIV.
How to fix YouTube TV VPN/proxy detected error
To fix YouTube TV VPN/Proxy detected error, follow the following steps.
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- For your device, download and install the app.
- Connect to a US server using your login credentials.
- Open YouTube TV and register for the service.
- Now you can enjoy unlimited access to YouTube TV.
Can you spoof the YouTube TV location?
Yes, you can use ExpressVPN to spoof the YouTube TV location. It is an American streaming service and it is only available in the USA.
If you use any proxy to spoof YouTube TV’s location then chances are that it’ll detect your proxy and it will block your access.
A VPN like ExpressVPN can easily bypass its geo-restriction and provide you access to the service, so you can enjoy your favorite content.
YouTube TV in Australia Devices Compatibility:
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with YouTube TV in Australia:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
YouTube TV Australia Compatible Devices
YouTube TV is also available on mobile devices such as Android and iOS phones, iPad, smart TVs, media players, and many others. So, if you want to find out, keep reading!
How to get YouTube TV App on Android Devices in Australia?
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the YouTube TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, YouTube TV is now available on your Android device.
How can I download YouTube TV App on iOS Devices in Australia?
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for YouTube TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia on Roku?
Follow these steps, to get YouTube TV in Australia on Roku:
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select YouTube TV on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
How can I Get YouTube TV Australia on PS3/PS4?
Follow the below mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “YouTube TV”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- YouTube TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How can I Watch YouTube TV in Australia on Xbox?
Follow these easy steps to get YouTube TV for Xbox Users
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect with the server in US.
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps. “
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.
- “That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button
How to Stream YouTube TV in Australia on Kodi?
Follow these steps to get YouTube TV on Kodi:
- Install a VPN that is compatible with YouTube TV. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the YouTube TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Install YouTube TV in Australia on Firestick?
Follow the below mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to US server.
- Enter the word ‘YouTube TV’ and press enter.
- The ‘YouTube TV app for Fire TV Stick‘ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the YouTube TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the YouTube TV app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching YouTube TV on Firestick in Australia.
How can I Stream YouTube TV in Australia on Apple TV?
Follow these steps to get YouTube TV on Apple TV:
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the YouTube TV app and you are done.
How can I Access YouTube TV in Australia on Smart TV?
Follow these steps to get YouTube TV on Smart TV:
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
How can I watch YouTube TV in Australia on PC?
Follow these steps to get YouTube TV on your computer:
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the YouTube TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching YouTube TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
YouTube TV in Australia Channel List
YouTube TV now has over 73 channels, this is for their basic subscription, which can be expanded to include 81 channels for a modest charge. Now that you know how to watch YouTube TV in Australia, let’s talk about what to watch on YouTube TV in Australia. So, keep reading to see our choices!
- FOX News
- FOX Sport 1 (FS1)
- Fox Business
- Comedy Central
- Con TV
- Comet TV
- Court TV
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Disney Junior
- NFL Network
- Law & Crime
- MTV 2
- Animal Planet
- Food Network
- Cheddar News
- Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
- BBC World News
- Paramount Network
- Investigation Discovery
- Nat Geo
- NBC Universo
- NBA TV
- MLB Game of the Week
What to Watch on YouTube in Australia?
Now that you know how to watch YouTube TV in Australia, let’s talk about what to watch on YouTube TV in Australia. So, keep reading to see my choices!
Popular TV Shows to Watch on YouTube TV in Australia
- Saturday Night Live
- The Bachelor
- Wheel of Fortune
- This Is US
- Daytime Jeopardy
- Shark Tank
- Big Bang Theory
- The Office
- Law and Order
- The Equalizer
- Modern Family
- Seven Worlds, One Planet
Best Movies to Watch on YouTube TV in Australia
- Straight Outta Compton
- The Outsider
- Jurassic World
Exclusively Watch the Primetime Emmys 2021 Awards on YouTube TV
Following the historic 2020 event, the 73rd Emmy Awards are about to begin. We’re all ready and excited to stream this historic event, and we know you are too.
If you wish to watch the event live on YouTube TV, you can do so by following the methods outlined above.
FAQs on YouTube TV in Australia
What can I use instead of YouTube TV?
You can use the following streaming services instead of YouTube TV:
- Sling TV
- Hulu with Live TV
- DirecTV Stream
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is a video streaming service that features material from major network broadcasters. It offers media from well-known network broadcasters as well as a unique set of features that aren’t normally found on other platforms.
Where can I access YouTube TV?
Despite its 2017 launch, YouTube TV is presently exclusively available in the United States, with no plans to expand to other countries.
If you get errors like “YouTube is not accessible in your country,” it means the service isn’t yet available in your country.
How do I get rid of my YouTube TV subscription?
Follow the steps below to terminate your YouTube TV subscription:
On your device, launch the YouTube TV app. If you don’t have an app, use a web browser to go to tv.youtube.com. Go to the Settings menu. Choose your membership level. Select Pause if you want to put your membership on hold, or “Cancel” if you want to cancel it.
How long do recordings stay on YouTube TV?
Once you’ve added a show to your library, it will stay there even if there are no upcoming episodes, Live TV recordings will be saved for 9 months if you maintain your membership status.
Does YouTube TV work outside the US?
No, YouTube TV doesn’t work outside the US because it has some strictly implemented policies.
Can you delete recordings on YouTube TV?
Subscribers to YouTube TV can erase recordings from their library, but only those that have been planned but not yet recorded. By going to the page for any show or movie and clicking the “Added to Library” button, you can delete these scheduled recordings.
What is the best way to bypass YouTube’s country restrictions?
You’ll need to subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN and connect to an American server to get around the country’s limitations.
Is YouTube TV available internationally?
YouTube TV is available in the United States only, but the chances are it will expand further in 2022 but not confirmed.
When is YouTube TV coming to Australia?
There are no official announcements regarding YouTube TV’s launch in Australia but If you want to watch YouTube TV in Australia until its launch, just follow the above steps.
Can I use YouTube TV on multiple devices?
If you sign up for the base plan ($64.99 per month), you can use YouTube TV on up to three devices at once. Computers, cellphones, tablets, streaming devices (Roku and Apple TV), smart TVs, and gaming consoles are all included in devices that are compatible with YouTube TV.
Does YouTube TV work in Australia with VPN?
YouTube TV servers follow your sign-in country to grant you access to the service, you can deceive them by subscribing to a VPN for Australia to impersonate your true location.
A VPN works perfectly to watch YouTube TV in Australia to encrypt your online interactions and allows you to connect anonymously over the internet.
What is YouTube TV’s monthly cost?
The monthly cost of YouTube TV is USD 64.99.
Can I change the location on YouTube TV?
Yes, you can change your location on YouTube TV just by subscribing to a credible VPN.
How to cancel YouTube TV subscription?
To cancel your YouTube TV subscription, follow the below steps:
- Go to YouTube TV’s official webpage.
- 2. Make sure you’re logged in to your YouTube TV account.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- From the “Membership” tab, select the “Deactivate Membership” option.
- Simply select the “Cancel Membership” option, and you’re done.
Is it legal to watch YouTube TV in Australia with a VPN?
Yes, using a VPN is legal to stream YouTube TV in Australia but you should always check the licensing of the particular site before using it. We recommend ExpressVPN for a reliable and trustworthy connection.
For every kind of internet user, the YouTube TV streaming service is enjoyable. You can simply watch all of your favorite lives, channels, movies, and shows from anywhere in the world with the help of a credible VPN. (Our top recommendation is ExpressVPN)
I hope you all enjoyed and learned a lot after reading this blog about how to watch YouTube TV in Australia and others like American Netflix in Australia and Discovery Plus in Australia.
People Also Read: