Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can you watch YouTube TV outside USA? No, you cannot watch YouTube TV outside USA unless you use a VPN. We recommend you to use ExpressVPN.
Is YouTube TV available outside USA? No, YouTube TV is not available outside USA. However you can watch YouTube TV outside USA if you use a VPN. Here in this blog we will explain everything to you about it. Let’s start with what you will see when you try to access YouTube TV outside USA;
Before we get into the best way to watch YouTube TV outside USA, you should first go through the following steps:
- Get a VPN to change your IP address to one in the United States. (We highly recommend, ExpressVPN)
- Register for a PayPal account in the United States.
- Create a Gmail account in the United States in order to subscribe to YouTube TV.
Note: American users can now enter a Canadian credit card on YouTube TV. This does not means that you can access YouTube TV outside USA without using a VPN. You will still need a VPN and must connect to the US server.
If you’re an American living in a country where YouTube TV isn’t available and wants to watch YouTube TV outside USA, check out our detailed guide on How to Watch YouTube TV outside USA.
How to Watch YouTube TV outside USA [Step-by-Step Instructions in 2022]
To watch YouTube TV outside USA, do the following, which will get you up and running quickly and allow you to begin streaming YouTube TV in your region.
- Sign up for a reputable VPN service with servers in USA. (We highly recommend ExpressVPN)
- Get and install the VPN app on your device.
- Enter your login information into the VPN app.
- Navigate to the servers list and connect to one in the United States.
- Once selected, press the “Connect” button to establish a connection.
- Sign in to YouTube TV using your credentials and begin streaming outside USA.
- Enjoy unrestricted access to YouTube TV in your region!
Why Do you need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV outside USA?
You’ll need a VPN to watch YouTube TV outside USA because it’s an American streaming platform with geo-restricted content, like many others. If you attempt to access the service from a location other than the United States, the following message will appear on your screen:
People living outside the United States cannot directly access YouTube TV because the service is restricted in their country. To bypass this geo-restriction, you’ll need a VPN with a server that can easily unblock any website and has servers optimized for streaming.
Quick Overview – Top 5 VPNs to Watch YouTube TV outside USA in 2022
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch YouTube TV outside USA. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch YouTube TV outside USA from anywhere in the world that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to Unblock & Watch YouTube TV outside USA in [Tested September2022]
Through VPN, you can easily bypass YouTube TV geographical restrictions by masking your IP address and spoofing your location. By using a Virtual Private Network, you will be able to watch YouTube TV from anywhere in the world, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and Mexico.
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch YouTube TV Outside USA
- We recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for YouTube TV because, with its 3,000+ server network, it is extremely effective at bypassing geo-restrictions on YouTube TV and circumventing restrictions.
- It is one of the best options for streaming YouTube TV outside USA, Paramount plus outside USA, Tubi TV outside USA, CNBC outside USA , and anywhere else outside of the United States.
- It is also the best in terms of streaming. ExpressVPN’s Media Streamer feature is a streamer’s dream come true.
- Being one of the few VPN services that adhere to a strict no-logs policy and is free of issues such as IP and DNS leaks. It has excellent connectivity, an easy-to-use interface, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Youtube Tv Outside USA
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Stream YouTube TV Outside USA
In addition to the two mentioned above, NordVPN is a major player in the VPN market. It has many fast servers all over the world, does not collect logs, and is well-known as a good VPN for online streaming. It supports up to six concurrent connections, allowing you and your family or friends to share a single account for secure streaming.
Surfshark – Trusted VPN to Unblock YouTube TV Outside USA
- Surfshark is a high-quality VPN service that is reasonably priced. The price is reasonable, and it will suffice.
- Surfshark uses industry-leading encryption, does not collect logs, and will keep you safe and anonymous while surfing the internet.
- Surfshark also performs well in speed tests and has a large number of fast servers in the US and around the world.
- It is compatible with a wide range of streaming devices, including YouTube TV and Netflix, but it also bypasses China’s Great Firewall, which is a significant achievement and a significant challenge for a VPN.
- Surfshark also includes an ad-blocker, can be used on an unlimited number of devices and has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Youtube Tv Outside USA
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
How to Choose the Best VPN to watch YouTube TV outside USA?
It’s difficult to choose a VPN because there are so many on the market with essentially the same set of functionalities. Some provide a large server network, while others have a greater emphasis on security, speed, or the ability to circumvent a wider range of services.
However, look for the following qualities in a VPN while looking for the best VPN to watch YouTube TV outside USA:
- It must have a larger server network, including a big number of servers throughout the United States.
- For HD streaming of YouTube TV live shows, it must have fast servers.
- It must employ cutting-edge encryption technology, such as AES-256-bit encryption.
- It must have a dependable customer support crew that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- It should be able to unblock YouTube TV and comparable streaming services.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is one such amazing stage- which communicates with some of the best organizations on their foundations. There are no recorder costs, HD quality charges, rental boxes, retraction, additional shows, or anything else. Being one of these live streaming platforms that provides access to five major networks in the United States, including ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox, and NBC, as well as approximately 40 cable channels owned by parent companies.
What’s Difference between YouTube and YouTube TV?
YouTube has become synonymous with today’s online experience, generating tremendous amounts of traffic. You’d be hard-pressed to find someone who hasn’t heard of YouTube, let alone uses it regularly.
The differences between YouTube Premium and YouTube TV, on the other hand, are not widely known. YouTube Premium (previously known as YouTube Red) is a paid subscription that enhances the ordinary YouTube experience and includes YouTube Music Premium, whilst YouTube TV is a live television streaming service.
How to subscribe to YouTube TV outside USA?
Using a VPN provider is equivalent to one side of the coin, and purchasing a YouTube TV subscription is the other side of the coin. A VPN will allow you to bypass content geo-restrictions, but it will not make your YouTube TV subscription free. So, to subscribe to a YouTube TV subscription outside USA, simply follow the steps outlined below.
By Creating a PayPal account:
To subscribe to YouTube TV outside USA, you must first have a valid PayPal account in the United States. You can either request a PayPal account from a friend or family member in the United States, or you can create one yourself by following the steps below:
- Establish a connection to a VPN server in the United States. Begin the registration process with an email address that you have never used before.
- Enter all of your information in the appropriate fields, including your credit card number and street address.
- Enter your local postal code as a US Zip code. Remove the alphabets from your city’s postal code to make it all numbers, then finish with two zeroes.
- Enter this Zip code into the US Postal Service website link and double-check that it exists. If it doesn’t work, change one of the zeros at the end to a 1.
- Finally, enter the US city address from the USPS link as well as your actual street address to complete the transaction.
By Creating a Gmail account in USA:
To finish the YouTube TV subscription process, create a Gmail account in the United States by following the steps below:
- Go to Google and create a new Gmail account.
- Ensure that the United States is selected as your account’s country.
- Verify the email with your phone number.
- Now have a US email address to use with your YouTube TV account.
- Subscribe to YouTube TV outside USA
It’s time to subscribe to YouTube TV now that you’ve completed all of the necessary steps.
- Navigate to YouTube TV.
- Create a new Gmail account in the United States and sign up.
- Select PayPal as your payment method and log in using your PayPal account in the United States.
- Google will send you a confirmation email stating that you were charged $1.00 and then refunded; ensure that you have at least $1.00.
- Now you can enjoy streaming YouTube TV outside USA.
YouTube TV Subscription Fees outside USA
The basic YouTube TV subscription plan costs USD 64.99 per month, which is equivalent to CAD 81.58 per month. There is a limit of six accounts per person. They will give you a 5-day free trial and access to 90+ YouTube TV channels with the subscription. Traditional services are also available for an additional USD 37/month, which is equivalent to CAD 46.44/month.
Can I use a free VPN to watch YouTube TV outside USA?
No, free VPNs are not recommended for watching YouTube TV outside of the United States. Free VPNs have insufficient security protocols and are unable to circumvent the strict geo-restrictions imposed by streaming platforms such as YouTube TV. Not only will you be unable to access YouTube TV, but you will also risk exposing all of your personal information to unauthorized parties. Thus, we recommend that you should use a premium VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada or to unblock YouTube TV in Australia.
Should You Expect to Encounter YouTube TV VPN/proxy detection Error?
When using a free VPN or a paid VPN with weak security protocols to access YouTube TV, you encounter a proxy/VPN detection error. Because YouTube TV has very strong security protocols, it can easily detect and block weak VPNs. To resolve this error, you will require a dependable VPN service, such as ExpressVPN, with AES 256-encryption and powerful servers.
How to Disable the Location Tracking Services on My Device?
Follow the below steps to disable the location tracking services on your device:
For Android Users:
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Permissions.
- Go to Location and turn it off.
For iOS Users:
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Privacy.
- Click on Location Services and turn it off.
YouTube TV outside USA Channel List
YouTube TV currently offers over 73 channels on its platform. This is for their basic subscription, which can be upgraded for a small fee to a total of 81 channels.
Now, let’s talk about what to watch on YouTube TV outside USA now that cause knows how to watch YouTube TV outside USA, so keep reading and take a look at our recommendations!
- FOX News
- FOX Sport 1 (FS1)
- Fox Business
- Comedy Central
- Con TV
- Comet TV
- Court TV
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Disney Junior
- NFL Network
- Law & Crime
- MTV 2
- Animal Planet
- Food Network
- Cheddar News
- Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
- BBC World News
- Paramount Network
- Investigation Discovery
- Nat Geo
- NBC Universo
- NBA TV
- MLB Game of the Week
YouTube TV outside USA Compatible Devices
YouTube TV is also available on mobile devices such as Android and iOS phones, iPad, smart TVs, media players, and many others. So, if you want to find out, keep reading!
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for YouTube TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, YouTube TV is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for YouTube TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select YouTube TV on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “YouTube TV”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- YouTube TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with YouTube TV. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the YouTube TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to US server.
- Enter the word ‘YouTube TV’ and press enter.
- The ‘YouTube TV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the YouTube TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the YouTube TV app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching YouTube TV on Firestick outside USA.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the YouTube TV app and you are done.
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the YouTube TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching YouTube TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
Best TV Shows & Movies to watch on YouTube TV Outside USA
Now that you know how to watch on YouTube TV outside USA as well as any other region of the world, let’s talk about something specific to watch on YouTube TV outside USA. You must have known what to watch unless you’re a TV show junkie like us. If not, keep reading and take a look at our list of YouTube TV channels.
- Fear the Walking Dead
- The Vikings
- Game of Thrones
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Wentworth Prison
- Better Call Saul
- Mile 22
- The War with Grandpa
- The Witches
- After We Collided
- The Dark Knight
- Triple Frontier
- Spider-Man: Far from Home
YouTube TV outside USA substitutes
While YouTube TV is a fantastic addition for cord-cutters, there are other options, such as:
- DIRECTV NOW
- Hulu with Live TV
- Sling TV
- PlayStation Vue
FAQs on YouTube TV outside USA
What exactly is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is a video streaming platform that provides content from well-known network broadcasters. It provides media from popular network broadcasters while also providing a unique combination of features that are not typically available on other platforms.
Where is YouTube TV available?
Despite its inception in 2017, YouTube TV is currently only available in the United States; expansion to other regions is still unknown. If you encounter errors such as “YouTube not available in your country“, it is obvious that the service is not yet available in your country!
How do I bypass YouTube’s country restrictions?
To bypass the country restriction, you’ll need to use a VPN service like ExpressVPN and connect to an American server.
How do I prevent YouTube TV from detecting my VPN?
Because YouTube strictly prohibits the use of VPN services, VPN services such as ExpressVPN and PureVPN are a sure bet for circumventing geo-restrictions.
How do I know my YouTube TV VPN was successful?
Once you’ve connected to a VPN service, go to the YouTube TV website and see if it works properly.
Can I watch YouTube TV in another country?
No, as mentioned above YouTube TV is only available in the United States. However, you can watch YouTube TV in another country if you use a VPN.
How do you watch YouTube videos that are blocked in your country?
A VPN will allow you to watch blocked videos in your country or anywhere else in the world.
How to watch YouTube TV in Japan?
You can watch YouTube TV in Japan only if you use a VPN. A VPN will help you change your IP address to a US one and then you can unblock and access YouTube TV in Japan.
Can you watch YouTube TV in Luxembourg?
No, you cannot watch YouTube TV in Luxembourg until you use a VPN. ExpressVPN is our recommended choice.
How to watch YouTube TV outside US?
You can watch YouTube TV anywhere outside US with the help of a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
How to watch YouTube TV in Curacao?
To watch YouTube TV in Curacao, you will need a VPN with US servers. Our top choice is ExpressVPN.
How to watch YouTube TV in Bahamas?
You will need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Bahamas because YouTube TV is blocked everywhere outside US.
Can you watch YouTube TV in Germany?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in Germany if you use a VPN that has servers in the US.
Is YouTube TV available in Portugal?
No, YouTube TV is not available in Portugal. But, you can still watch YouTube TV in Portugal with the help of a VPN.
How to watch YouTube TV in Italy?
You will need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Bahamas because YouTube TV is blocked everywhere outside US.
Is YouTube TV available in Costa Rica?
No, YouTube TV is not available in Costa Rica. But, you can still watch YouTube TV in Costa Rica with the help of a VPN.
Can you Watch YouTube TV in Dominican Republic?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in Dominican Republic if you use a VPN that has servers in the US.
The YouTube TV streaming service is unquestionably entertaining for all internet users. With the help of YouTube TV VPN, you can easily watch all of your favorite shows from anywhere in the world. So, there is no reason to miss any of your favorite YouTube TV shows while traveling outside the United States, whether in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Mexico, or elsewhere, all thanks to the access that the best VPN providers provide.
With our top recommendation, ExpressVPN, you can be confident that you will be able to unblock YouTube TV outside of the United States.
People Also Read: