Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Does Discover Plus works in Australia? No, Discovery Plus does not work in Australia. However, you can watch Discovery Plus in Australia if you use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Can you get Discovery Plus in Australia? Yes, you can get Discovery Plus in Australia with the help of a premium VPN that will provide you with a masked IP address and allows you to get access to Discovery Plus in Australia, and in this article, we will tell you how you can get it.
How to Watch Discovery Plus in Australia [3 Quick Steps in 2022]
- Subscribe and download a VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Sign up/sign in to the VPN app and connect to USA server.
- Visit the Discovery Plus website and create your account; start streaming your favorite documentary.
How to Sign Up for Discovery Plus in Australia?
You can access Discovery Plus in so many countries, and the membership of Discovery Plus is also very easy. Just follow these basic instructions:
- Go to the Discovery website
- Select your ideal price tag.
- Create an account by following the instructions given on the screen.
- Now you can enjoy Discovery Plus.
Discovery+ Price Plans
Discovery Plus offers two pricing plans:
- With ads: $5 per month (6.78 Australian dollars)
- Without ads: $7 per month (9.49 Australian dollars)
Why do you need a VPN to Watch Discovery in Australia?
Because Discovery plus is a US-based streaming site and geo-restricted outside the USA, you need a premium VPN to access it in Australia, and we recommend ExpressVPN.
You will see the following message when you try to access Discovery Plus in Australia;
A VPN will change your IP address into a US IP address and hide your location, so you are barely trackable; then, you can easily access all your favorite movies and shows from Discovery Plus in your region.
5 Best VPN to Watch US Discovery Plus in Australia
Here is a VPN recommendation for you, these are the 5 best VPNs that you can use to watch Discovery Plus in Australia.
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to watch Discovery Plus in Australia.
- Worldwide servers: ExpressVPN offers the best service in providing more than 3,000 servers across 160 locations in more than 90 countries, with 25 highly optimized server locations in USA.
- Built-in speed: ExpressVPN has a feature of its internet speed test that allows you to check your web speed. Their fastest servers are operating in USA.
- Security Features: Using 256-bit encryption and DNS leak protection means ExpressVPN does not store any activity logs for the users on its network.
- Protection Policies: ExpressVPN provides you full protection, as it doesn’t monitor the IP address you are connecting from. For instance, your login time, the IP you’re using, your traffic, or any data concerning the pages are safe.
- Subscription Plan: ExpressVPN costs $6.67 a month for an annual package that includes 3 months free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- New Jersey 88 Mbps
- Santa Monica 86.25 Mbps
- San Francisco 87.94 Mbps
- Double protection
- Kill Switch Feature
- Split tunneling supports
- A large number of servers with fast speeds
- Verified & Audited “No-Logs” Policy
- A bit pricey
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Discovery Plus in Australia
- Servers: CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, making it one of the most varied and largest services.
- Features: It has a built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries.
- Speed: Surprisingly, it’s really fast. It provides 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
- Simultaneous Devices: Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats.
- Protection: CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature and split-tunneling to protect your data completely.
- Customer Support: CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- Pricing: The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years, but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well
- Multiple protocols
- Quick response 24/7
- Worldwide Servers
- Fastest speed
- Limited Payment Options
NordVPN – Reliable VPNs to Access Discovery Plus in Australia
- Fast Servers: It offers a huge server network, with over 5200+ servers across the globe, and its fast servers can easily bypass the firewalls of any geo-restricted site with 15 highly optimized servers in USA.
- High tunneling protocol: Nordlynx is software used by NordVPN as a tunneling protocol that supplies ultimate fast connections, no matter where you are. It prevents the internet speed from slowing down.
- Double Protection: NordVPN provides its users with an extra layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and encrypting their web traffic.
- Advanced Security: NordVPN provides advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, trusted Server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete privacy.
- Subscription plan: NordVPN is cheaper than most VPNs. In addition, you can save a 68% discount while subscribing to their 24 monthly plans, which is $3.71/per month. Check out their more programs here.
- Virginia 87.85 Mbps
- Seattle 88.34 Mbps
- Phoenix 91 Mbps
- Safe Internet connection
- Easy to use
- Uninterrupted streaming
- Access on multiple devices
- The app is a bit slow
- Some Downtime Issues
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Stream Discovery Plus in Australia
- Protected Servers: Surfshark also offers over 3200 servers in over 65 countries with unlimited simultaneous connections at exceptionally high speed and 23 highly optimized servers in USA with a no-logs policy.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark offers AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that encrypt your internet traffic completely. In addition, Surfshark utilizes private DNS on their servers which adds an extra layer of protection to your data.
- Split Tunneling Feature: Users can split their internet connection using Surfshark’s split tunneling feature. If you want to access both foreign and local services simultaneously, this feature allows you to be available abroad and be updated with local news.
- Subscription plan: Surfshark offers a great 24-month subscription plan for just $2.49, which undercuts every other premium VPN with a money-back guarantee.
- New York 76.45 Mbps
- Boston 74.25 Mbps
- Buffalo 75.74 Mbps
- Safe and easy to use
- No data leaks
- Split tunneling supports
- Double protection
- Require broader Audit in terms of customer service
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access Discovery Plus in Australia
- No. of Servers: AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries, providing you with many options.
- Devices: It also supports unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- Speed: It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. In addition, AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- Pricing: AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- Refund Policy: It also comes with a 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies.
- Features: It also has a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard and security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
- Fast and easy setup
- Safe security protocol
- Built-in breach tracker
- No-Log Policy
- You have to go premium if you want better speeds and fewer ads.
Can I Use Free VPN to Watch Discovery Plus in Australia?
Free VPNs can never provide you with a quality connection; they cannot unblock the sites like Discovery Plus, Hulu, and others; they are not strong enough; their IP addresses are easily detectable.
Whereas, they fail to protect your data; in some cases, free VPN providers sell their customer’s data to a third party without their concern; your online activities are not private.
On the other hand, a premium VPN will ensure quality content with a better connection and security while protecting your data.
On Which Devices I Can Watch Discovery Plus in Australia
Discovery Plus is very easy to use; you can use them on almost all the devices, but if you need a guideline so, check the instruction below:
How to Watch Discovery Plus in Australia on Android
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Look for the Discovery Go app in the Play Store.
- Download and install it and sign up for a free account.
- Discovery Go is now available on your Android device.
How to Watch Discovery Plus in Australia on iPhone/iPad
- Start by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Look for Discovery Go in the Apple App Store.
- Install the App and login
- Now Start streaming our favorite shows and movies.
How to Watch Discovery+ on Xbox?
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Discovery Go” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Click the “Install” button.
How to Watch Discovery+ on PlayStation?
Unfortunately, Discover Plus is not available on PlayStation devices even if it is accessible on all other devices like Xbox, iOS, and all, but not for PlayStation.
But you can watch it on your 4k or HD screen TV, which you use for your PlayStation, by following the steps mentioned below:
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN and download its application.
- Connect it with the server in US.
- Sign up for Discovery Plus and enter your credentials.
- Download and install the App of Discovery Plus on your device.
- Make sure that your TV and phone are connected with the same Wi-Fi network, then start the App; also, check if your device supports Chromecast or AirPlay so that we can avail these technologies to screen-cast discover
- Start the app and make sure your TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Also, check if your TV supports Chromecast or AirPlay. To screen-cast Discovery Plus on your TV, we can avail these technologies also.
- After doing this, the ‘Screen Cast’ option will appear in the top-right corner. You can choose your TV by clicking on that symbol, waiting for a moment, and watching Discovery Plus on your Big Screen TV.
Best Shows on Discovery+
- Here are some amazing shows that you can watch on Discovery Plus:
- Selling the Hamptons
- Scream: The True Story
- Judi Dench’s Wild Borneo Adventure
- Love Off the Grid
- Remix My Space with Marsai Martin
- The “90 Day Fiance” Universe
- Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
- Ghost Adventures
- Frozen in Time
- JonBenet Ramsay: What Really Happened?
- Toddlers and Tiaras: Where Are They Now?
- Onision: In Real Life
- Attack of the Murder Hornets
- Luda Can’t Cook”
- Eli Roth Presents: A Ghost Ruined My Life
FAQs on Discovery Plus in Australia
Is Discovery+ available in Australia?
Where is Discovery + Available?
Discovery Plus is mainly based in USA, but you can access it in UK, Discovery Plus in Canada, and India with a limited content library. To get the full content of Discovery Plus, you need a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Is it legal to watch US Discovery Plus in Australia with a VPN?
Yes, it is legal to access Discovery Plus in Australia with a VPN, but make sure you use a premium quality VPN.
Can I watch Discovery Plus for free in Australia?
Discovery Plus offers a 7 day free trial period, so you can avail of this offer, watch it for 7 days, and if you want to cancel the subscription after 7 days.
A VPN is meant to provide a safe and secure connection by replacing your IP address and changing your location, so it is very important to choose your VPN connection wisely. That’s why we recommend ExpressVPN to Watch Discovery Plus in Australia.