Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Is BFI Player available in Australia? No, BFI Player is not available in Australia or anywhere around the world but you can access BFI Player in Australia With the help of a premium VPN, this blog will show you how to watch BFI Player in Australia to experience flawless streaming.
Does BFI Player work in Australia? No, BFI Player doesn’t work in Australia. That’s why you need to subscribe to a reliable VPN. With a premium VPN, you can access it without any hurdles.
BFI Player is one of the most exciting movie streaming services we’ve come across. It’s like Netflix for classic and cult films and television series.
How to watch BFI Player in Australia [Quick Guide May 2023]
Follow the below steps to watch BFI Player in Australia:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access the BFI Player service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch BFI Player in Australia?
Just like other British streaming services, Channel 4, Channel 5, and BFI Player are geo-blocked, meaning you can only access them if you live in the UK. However, due to streaming rights and content distribution restrictions, it is only available in the UK. As a result, if you try to access BFI Player in Australia, you will see the following error message:
“Location not authorized BFI Player films cannot be played outside of the UK”
A VPN allows you to replace your current IP address with one from the United Kingdom. This will fool the BFI service into thinking you live in the UK, allowing you to access its content. So, take a look at the 5 best VPNs to access BFI Player in Australia.
Top 5 VPNs Watch BFI Player in Australia [Quick Overview in May 2023]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch BFI Player in Australia:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley. It offers $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in the UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, highly secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in the UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and its 2-year plan is at 72% off + 3 months FREE, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 3 highly optimized servers in the UK.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in the UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs for watching BFI Player in Australia [Detailed Analysis May 2023]
Can you get BFI Player in Australia? You can get BFI Player in Australia by subscribing to a premium VPN. Here is the list of the 5 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch BFI Player in Australia
- For ultimate anonymity, the company additionally supports Tor over VPN and an Internet Kill Switch service to keep your connection secure at all times.
- ExpressVPN also has a Smart DNS service for users who merely want to mask their location, as well as a Tor website if you don’t want the fact that you used a VPN site to be recorded elsewhere.
- It has almost 3000+ servers available worldwide, which is why it’s the topmost choice of users to unblock BFI Player, but the thing that mainly triggers the users is the pricing strategy.
- Express VPN has 20+ servers located in various regions of the UK, and it’s a significant benchmark for them as a service provider. Several servers located in various countries worldwide have an AES 256-bit encryption technique installed in them, securing the user’s privacy and security.
- The pricing plan starts at $6.67 monthly for a year, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if unsatisfied with the services.
- ExpressVPN offers over 3000 servers worldwide and is known for its speed, security, price, performance, and optimum server connectivity.
- You can unblock geo-restricted websites with highly secure security methods like AES-256 bit encryption technology, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and others.
- A live chat option is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for immediate customer service and browser extensions with high device compatibility.
- Windows, Android, MAC, and other TV platforms are all supported, allowing viewers to watch their favorite shows online!
Recommended Servers: London, Wembley, and the Docklands
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Watch BFI player in Australia
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature and split tunneling to protect your data.
- CyberGhost provides 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Multiple protocols
- 24/7 assistance
- Worldwide servers
- Fast speed
- Limited payment options
Recommended Servers: Berkshire, London, and Manchester
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Access BFI Player in Australia
- It provides high-speed internet, ultra-fast connections, 100% uptime, six concurrent connections, and dedicated IP addresses.
- The encrypted layers and security protocols allow customers to spend time on the internet fearlessly.
- An AES-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log policies make the connection viable and gain the confidence of customers that they’re performing encrypted activities over the internet.
- The Onion Cover VPN from NordVPN is a positive in this case. No cookies are stored, AES encryption is used to encrypt data, IP addresses are masked, and data breaches are prevented using clever DNS leak protection.
- A 24/7 Live Chat option enables the users to instantly respond to their queries, with high bandwidth and device support for six devices at a time.
- NordVPN pricing packages start from $3.71, per month, for 2 years.
Recommended Servers: Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, and Manchester
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to unblock BFI Player in Australia
- Surfshark is another well-known VPN that is known for its high-speed attribute and number of various servers located in various countries and cities.
- Speed is the core attribute of this VPN, and it makes it admissible for the users to surf the Internet without any discrepancies.
- Surfshark is basically having 3200+ servers located in 61+ countries worldwide, and all of them have AES 256-bit encryption protocol that secures the user’s data from being hacked and blocks third-party access.
- Zero-log is present in Surfshark as well, with IP leaks and DNS servers to ensure that there is no third-party involvement in the process.
- A 24/7 online chat feature makes it viable for users to get their queries resolved from the higher tier of the company instantly.
- The most prominent feature is the pricing package, which starts from $2.49/month exclusively for 2 years with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, and London
AtlasVPN – Low on pocket VPN to access BFI Player in Australia
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies, including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption
- Fast and easy to set up
- Safe security protocols
- Built-in breach tracker
- You have to go premium if you need better speed and fewer ads.
Recommended Servers: London, Manchester
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch BFI Player in Australia?
Free VPNs are notorious for jeopardizing your online security. As a result, you should stay away from them. Free VPN services appear to be highly appealing when contrasted to the relatively modest cost of a commercial VPN.
However, there are a lot of hidden dangers that could put your life in jeopardy. So, regardless of how fast, how good, or how private a VPN is, We strongly advise you not to fall for it as it jeopardizes your data security. Theft of personal information, viruses, and hackers are all severe dangers.
Aside from that, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to unblock BFI Player in Australia without advertising or interruptions. Rather than pursuing this potentially dangerous path.
We recommend you look for a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN. With our suggested premium VPN you can also access other geo-blocked sites like BBC iPlayer in Australia, Vudu can be accessible in Australia with VPN, and you can easily unblock Peacock TV in Australia.
How to subscribe to BFI Player in Australia?
If you live in Australia, follow the steps below to sign up for BFI Player.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and connect to one of the UK servers.
- Head over to the official website of BFI Player and click on the ‘Sign up’ button.
- Enter your credentials, if you want a free subscription, click ‘Accept’ at the end, and you’ll be ready to go. However, if you want to pay for a subscription, you must choose one of the subscription packages, Monthly or Annual.
- BFI offers two subscription options: choose one of the options or enter a gift card number if you have any.
- To get the paid version of BFI Player, enter your credit card information and click ‘Subscribe.’
- Voila, you have successfully subscribed to BFI Player in Australia to access its unlimited British content.
How much does BFI player cost?
You can opt for content for approximately £1 (1.87 AUD). Feel free to opt for a 14-day BFI Player membership for free after you create an account for £4.99 (9.33 AUD) there.
Compatible Devices to watch BFI Player in Australia
Following are the devices that are compatible with watching BFI Player in Australia:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch BFI Player in Australia on your device
If you want to download the BFI Player app in Australia on your devices, then here’s how you can do it:
How Can you get BFI Player in Australia on Android?
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the BFI Player app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, BFI Player is now available on your Android device.
How to Watch BFI Player in Australia on iOS?
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for BFI Player in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows.
How to Get BFI Player in Australia on Roku?
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select BFI Player on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How to Access BFI Player in Australia on PS3/PS4?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download BFI Player on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “BFI Player.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- BFI Player has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Stream BFI Player in Australia on Xbox?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download BFI Player on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “BFI Player” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How Can I Watch BFI Player in Australia on Kodi?
- Install a VPN that is compatible with BFI Player. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the UK after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the BFI Player add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Download BFI Player in Australia on Firestick?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download BFI Player on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to the UK server.
- Enter the word ‘BFI Player’ and press enter.
- The ‘BFI Player app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the BFI Player app has been installed, open it.
- Open the BFI Player app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching BFI Player on Firestick in Australia.
How Can you Watch BFI Player in Australia on Apple TV?
Because Apple TV lacks dedicated VPN software, users must install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on their devices to watch BFI in Australia. We’ve included all of the instructions for installing Media Streamer below.
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to register your IP address automatically.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page. Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the BFI app. BFI is now available on your Apple TV!
How Can I Access BFI Player in Australia on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the BFI Player app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How Can I Get BFI Player in Australia on PC?
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the BFI Player website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching BFI Player, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
BFI Player not working in Australia? [Troubleshooting Quick Fixes]
Even if you’re connected to a VPN, it’s possible that BFI Player won’t work in Australia. In such cases, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Before using BFI Player in the browser, clear your browser’s cache, cookies, and history.
- Ensure your device’s IPv6 is turned off, as it can reveal your exact location.
- If using a handheld device, ensure the location service or GPS feature is turned off.
- If you’re using the BFI Player app, it’s usually a good idea to keep the app’s cache clear. For more information, contact the customer care team at your VPN provider.
- The provider may have discontinued support for the said product.
What to watch on BFI Player in Australia?
You can watch a wide range of films on BFI Player in Australia. Below is the list of some of the best content available on BFI Player in Australia:
- Trans Happiness is Real – Free
- Space/Walk – BSL version – Free
- Isaac and the Ram – Free
- Girl Shouldn’t Walk Alone at Night – Free
- The Cost of Living – Free
- Momma Don’t Allow – Free
- Life Style: Three Peaks Race – Free
- Miss Margaret Morris’s Merry Mermaids – Free
- Kelly + Victor (2012)
- Love and Death on Long Island (1997)
- Gomorrah (2008)
- The Draughtsman’s Contract (1982)
- The Red Shoes (1948)
- Metropolis (1927)
- The Lickerish Quartet (1970)
- Nightwatching (2007)
FAQs on BFI Player in Australia
Is the BFI player in Australia available for free?
The BFI provides both free and paid memberships. The free account has a restricted number of movies and titles to choose from, whereas the subscription account offers hundreds. BFI Player is available for £4.99 per month. A 14-day free trial is also available.
Is BFI available on Roku?
Yes, the BFI Player can be found on Roku. It’s available on the Roku Channel.
Is BFI player available outside UK?
No, BFI Player is not available outside UK; that’s why you need to get a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is BFI player included with Amazon Prime?
No, they both are different streaming services which mean you need to buy them separately.
How can I watch BFI on my TV?
You can download the BFI Player app from Google Play or the App Store; a 4th generation Apple TV or above needs to download the BFI Player Classics Apple TV (tvOS) app.
Can I download movies from the BFI Player in Australia?
BFI Player does not allow you to download movies. To enjoy BFI Player content from anywhere, you’ll need internet connectivity, a VPN, and BFI Player-compatible devices.
What Does the BFI Player Free Collection Include?
The BFI Player free collection comprises archive films from the BFI National Archive, as well as UK national, regional, and partner archives, that highlight the best shorts and features. All green-labeled titles on the BFI Player website or app are free to watch.
Can I watch BFI Player in Australia?
Technically, BFI Player isn’t available in Australia, but you can access it by using one of the premium VPNs that I have mentioned above, such as ExpressVPN.
Is the BFI Player part of Amazon Prime?
If you already have an Amazon Prime account, you can acquire BFI Player for a small fee. You’ll be able to view Amazon Prime material as well as BFI Player classics together.
BFI Player allows internet users to download, stream, and even watch movies for free, which is only available in the United Kingdom right now. We’re hoping that our VPN recommendations will suffice in allowing you to stream BFI Player in Australia.
Although ExpressVPN is our top recommendation for watching BFI Player in Australia, Surfshark or NordVPN are also viable options.