Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
How can I watch BBC iPlayer in Australia? Well, BBC iPlayer is geo-restricted in Australia. However, the easiest way to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia is by using a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN
Is BBC iPlayer available in Australia? No, BBC iPlayer is not available in Australia but you can use a premium VPN to access BBC iPlayer in Australia. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
BBC iPlayer is a video streaming platform, that initially originated from BBC Official. It is widely available on various devices like mobile phones and computers; still, it’s freely available for UK viewers, and you would acquire a secured VPN connection for accessing it thoroughly without any hassle.
Moreover, the only troublesome stuff associated with the BBC iPlayer is that it’s not accessible outside the UK without a VPN.
But no worries, as there are a bulk of quality VPNs available in the market that are known best for unblocking geo-restricted websites and channels in a minute without any extensive charges. Read this guide, where you’ll find amazing tricks to watch BBC iPlayer Australia.
How to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia – Quick Guide [Dec 2022]
You can follow these easy steps to get yourself connected with BBC iPlayer in Australia and witness a seamless connection without any lag in between the streaming activity.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer in Australia?
BBC iPlayer is a well-known entertainment channel but, you need a VPN to watch BBC iplayer in Australia because of its geo-restriction policies.
You would acquire a VPN connection for bypassing the restrictions; otherwise, you can’t get into the player and enjoy a seamless experience without any issues or discrepancies involved within it.
We all know that BBC iPlayer is a well-known entertainment channel, on which you can enjoy streaming your favorite shows and movies on BBC iPlayer .Whenever you try to watch BBC iPlayer Australia, you will receive the following geo-location error message on your screen:
“BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to right issues”.
The best way out is connecting your devices with a secured and protected VPN network, where your IP address is masked as per the server selected, UK region, and then move forward with the watching of BBC iPlayer in Australia instantly.
Top 5 VPNs to Watch BBC iPlayer in Australia [Quick Overview in December 2022]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers, ExpressVPN is the best BBC iPlayer VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley with user-friendly apps and high-end encryption. The price that ExpressVPN offers is $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.30 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This is a low-cost VPN for BBC iPlayer that offers& 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 3 highly optimized servers in UK, and unlimited simultaneous connections. It is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package.
- AtlasVPN:With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best BBC iPlayer VPNs – [Updated Dec 2022]
This section will have a detailed analysis of the best VPN for BBC iPlayer to access it in Australia:
ExpressVPN – The Fastest VPN Connection to Watch BBC iPlayer in Australia
ExpressVPN is the best option for watching BBC iPlayer in Australia, as it’s named as the Market’s Fastest VPN Service Providers, with slightly higher pricing packages, but all the rates are worth the features. Amazingly, ExpressVPN offers numerous servers allocated in the UK, with optimized speed and stable server connections of about 3000+ worldwide, including the UK.
It offers multiple security protocols enriched with quality policies, like the Aes-256 bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and WireGuard, which is proficient in auditing the security layers the connection is established between the users.
Moreover, Split-tunneling and an active Kill-Switch notify the user about the network disability or disconnection without creating any hassle.
[Note: ExpressVPN BBC iPlayer offers a heavily packed service package for International Streaming at reasonable rates]
ExpressVPN is the best possible option for accessing geo-restricted websites, as it possesses a proficient amount of servers allocated in the UK region, beneficial for streaming BBC iPlayer in Australia. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can revert the package if not satisfied with the core servers and functionality within 30 days of the purchase.
ExpressVPN supports multi-devices login up to 4+ and works best on Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox without any lag in between the connection. You can enjoy watching BBC iPlayer in Other Region like BBC iPlayer in Canada, BBC iPlayer in Ireland, BBC iPlayer outside UK, BBC iPlayer in USA, and other streaming channels with the secured pioneer connection ExpressVPN.
CyberGhost – A Secure VPN to Access BBC iPlayer in Australia
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – A Reliable VPN Network Optimal to Get BBC iPlayer in Australia
NordVPN is a big name for reliability, efficiently working servers, and a richly poured VPN service provider because it’s designed similarly. Yes, you must have heard and read about NordVPN before.
Its highly optimized servers features are optimal for watching geo-restricted websites, such as Sonyliv in Australia, CBS in Australia, Voot in Australia, and Hotstar in Australia or anywhere because you are connected to a reliable and efficient VPN service provider with minimum charges pricing packages.
With NordVPN, you can easily watch BBC iPlayer with the least hassle because out of 5200+ servers, 700 servers are placed somewhere in the UK, and we’ll know the BBC iPlayer is a UK-based entertainment provider. It comes heavily embedded in security protocols and policies like Aes-256 bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, Zero-log policy, and a customized feature known as NordLynx, which is a replica of WireGuard and performs similar functions.
Moreover, a kill switch is there, which notifies the customers if the connection is weakly made so that you can reconnect again. A DNS server encrypts and masks your IP address, keeping the physical location hidden to maintain transparency and integrity within the network.
It has a double VPN feature, which enriches your encryption layer, adding an extra layer of security with airtight encryption and security protocols. Although it also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can revert the package if not satisfied with the services but try to claim back within the allotted time frame.
Surfshark – A Pocket-Friendly VPN to Stream BBC iPlayer in Australia
Surfshark is one of the highly preferred VPN connections since 2018, and you can guess the reason? It’s because they’re charging very little from their customers, making it more affordable, and that’s indeed a perfect strategy to hunt customers instantly.
It is counted as a ‘Shining Star’ in the VPN industry because it managed to cage a position in significantly less time with highly optimized servers, placed somewhere in 3 different locations within the state of the UK, and that’s very amazing!
Unlike other Free VPNs, Surfshark is proficient enough for accessing geo-restricted websites, like you can watch NBC in Australia, Disney Plus in Australia, Hulu in Australia, and YouTube TV in Australia as it’s freely available over there. Not just this, Surfshark possesses highly secured security protocols and policies like OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, Aes-256 bit encryption technique, which is so strong that even brute force technique fails to bypass this encryption layer.
Moreover, we have the Kill Switch, a split-tunneling technique that splits the data packets into pieces to make them pass between the tunnels of information, integrity, and transparency because hackers are always there to disturb the ongoing activities.
Surprisingly, Surfshark doesn’t offer any restriction over multi-logins, so you can enjoy a well-encrypted connection with maximum devices logged in quickly.
You can enjoy unblocking and accessing restricted content easily like with a masked IP address. Physical address as per the server selected performed from DNS servers, with strict Zero-log policies responsible for auditing the entire security layers. The Live chat option is beneficial for customers who acquire instant solutions to their posted problems.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to Unblock BBC iPlayer in Australia
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices. It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
How to Subscribe to BBC iPlayer in Australia?
Follow this guide to subscribe to BBC iPlayer in Australia or anywhere else:
- Start by subscribing to a credible VPN of your choice. ExpressVPN is our top recommendation.
- Install and download the ExpressVPN app on your device.
- Connect to a UK server from the list of servers in VPN app.
- Visit BBC iPlayer’s official website or app.
- Go to the sign-in option.
- Now click on the ‘Register’ option.
- It will as you to fill in your personal information.
- After providing the above information, Use SW1A 1AA for London, E1 OAA for East London, and E16 2JE for Docklands as postal codes.
- Once you are done with providing all the details, select the “Register” option, verify your email, and now you have successfully subscribed to BBC iPlayer Australia.
It will ask if you’re over or under 18. Based on that, they will ask for the following information.
How to cancel BBC iPlayer subscription:
Follow these easy steps to cancel your BBC iPlayer subscription:
- First, Go to “Your Account”
- Press “Continue to Settings”
- Then Choose “I want to delete my accont”
- Now select “Delete Account” and your BBC iPlayer subscription is cancel.
Is BBC iPlayer not working with your VPN:
If BBC iPlayer not working after using a premium VPN? Then lets try these tricks:
- First, restart or switch to another VPN provider.
- Clear Caches/cookies from your browser and restart the browser.
- VPN leak protection should be on.
- Set your time zone to the UK
- Then switch your device
- Now, your BBC iplayer may start working.
If you’re over 18 and in the UK
You need to provide your email address, postcode, and a password.
If you’re between 13 and 18 and in the UK.
We ask for your email address, password, and date of birth.
If you’re under 13
We ask you for a username (instead of an email address), password, and date of birth.
If you’re in Ireland or outside the UK
We ask for your age, email address, country, and a password.
If you’re in Ireland or outside the UK and under 16
A BBC account will not provide access to the child-specific content available in the UK. It will not let you create a BBC account if you are outside the UK but luckily using a VPN will help you subscribe to it.
Can I use a free VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia, however, we don’t recommend using a free VPN. Free VPNs can never be compared to or replaced by premium VPN services.
A complex technological infrastructure is necessary to bypass high-end systems and geo-restricted platforms because they are forced to implement geo-restriction regulations. Due to a lack of resources and ambition to provide you with a high-quality service, free VPN services frequently fail to unblock stages and provide smooth streaming.
Criteria to choose the best BBC iPlayer VPN in Australia
The criteria for choosing the best VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia are straightforward, and you will have no doubt that our devices will connect to the server within the expected time frame because that is how you will feel after connecting to a high-quality VPN network with fast speeds and security protocols.
We went through a thorough process to determine the Best VPN for streaming BBC iPlayer in Australia and to let our users to select the Best VPN for themselves.
- The maximum number of servers placed within the location.
- Effective working of the privacy policies and protocols within the layers of connection.
- The quick connectivity after the link is made within the network.
- Live Chat support for the customers and instant response to their queries.
- Strict Zero-Log policies are working with restrictions over creating any log of user’s online activities.
- Maximum coverage of servers, with activated Kill, Switch to stop the activities.
BBC iPlayer Compatible Devices
In this section, you’ll learn about the possible devices, proficient for watching BBC iPlayer in Australia, or anywhere else quickly.
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- PlayStation 3 and 4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- Amazon Firestick
How to Download the BBC iPlayer in Australia on your Devices?
If you want to know how to download BBC iPlayer in Australia or your devices that keep reading!
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Australia on Android Devices
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for BBC iPlayer app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, BBC iPlayer is now available on your Android device.
How to Get BBC iPlayer in Australia on iOS Devices
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United Kingdom in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Search for BBC iPlayer in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
How to Stream BBC iPlayer Australia on Roku
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select BBC iPlayer on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
How to Get BBC iPlayer in Australia on PS3/PS4
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download BBC iPlayer on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “BBC iPlayer”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- BBC iPlayer has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Australia on Xbox
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BBC iPlayer on your Xbox device:
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect with the server in UK.
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps“.
- Search for “BBC iPlayer” in the “Xbox Store”.
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How to Access BBC iPlayer in Australia on Kodi
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Crackle TV. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United Kingdom after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the BBC iPlayer add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Watch BBC in Australia on Firestick
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download BBC iPlayer on your Firestick device:
- Startup your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to UK server.
- Enter the word “YouTube TV” and press enter.
- The ‘BBC iPlayer app for Fire TV Stick‘ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get‘.
- After the BBC iPlayer app has been installed, open it.
- Open the BBC iPlayer app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching BBC iPlayer on Firestick in Australia.
How to Get BBC Australia on Apple TV
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a UK server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the BBC iPlayer app and you are done.
How to Stream BBC iPlayer in Australia on Smart TV
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the BBC iPlayer app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
How to Get BBC iPlayer in Australia on PC
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the BBC iPlayer website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching BBC iPlayer, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
Is BBC iPlayer available in Australia?
It’s not available, but again you would acquire a VPN connection to bypass the restrictions and then watch BBC iPlayer in Australia without any hassle.
How to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia for free?
You can never have any trick or hack for accessing BBC iPlayer freely in Australia because it’s geo-restricted over there. You would acquire a VPN connection for accessing it and enjoy an encrypted connection with the most negligible chances of security hacks and thefts.
How can a VPN help you unblock the BBC iPlayer?
A VPN masks your current IP address, as of the UK, so that the BBC iPlayer would consider someone requesting the channel access from the UK region. In this way, you can enjoy watching BBC iPlayer in Australia, or any other part.
Is it safe to use a Free VPN for accessing BBC iPlayer in Australia?
If you’ll ask me personally, We would never recommend using a Free VPN to watch the BBC iPlayer in Australia because it’s unsafe and unsecured.
There are prominent chances of identity theft, phishing, and repository maintenance of online activities, so it’s advised not to prefer Free VPNs for accessing BBC iPlayer, or any entertainment website.
Is it legal to stream BBC iPlayer in Australia with a VPN?
Yes, it’s legal as you’re paying for the services, watching BBC iPlayer, in Australia with a VPN, and doesn’t try any unethical means that might be risky and intruding for any individual violating any law or rules.
Popular Channels You Can Stream on BBC iPlayer
We know you’ll be waiting for a section with the top-rated channels you can enjoy watching on BBC iPlayer in Australia;
- BBC One
- BBC Two
- BBC Four
- BBC News
- BBC Parliament
- BBC Scotland
- Radio 1
- BBC Alba
What to Watch on BBC iPlayer in Australia?
You can enjoy watching the following shows on BBC iPlayer:
- A Teacher
- Doctor Foster
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Keeping Faith
- The Terror
FAQs on BBC iPlayer in Australia
Is BBC iPlayer available for free?
No, BBC iPlayer is not available for free; you have to purchase the subscription plan; otherwise, it’s nearly impossible to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia or any other region due to geo-restricted application from the government officials.
How much does BBC iPlayer Cost in Australia?
Despite the fact that BBC iPlayer is a free service, you should be aware that your cell operator can charge you for using their network’s data. Please contact your mobile network operator if you are unclear about how much mobile data costs or what your data allotment is. 225 MB of data is typically used by an hour of TV.
Why don’t all VPNs work with BBC iPlayer?
Because not all VPNs support the credibility of accessing geo-restricted websites instantly, and you would always acquire a premium subscription of a VPN to bypass the firmly embedded encryption layers. ExpressVPN is the best BBC iPlayer VPN.
How to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia?
You can connect your devices and portal laptops with a secured VPN connection, already mentioned within this article, to witness a high bandwidth connection and connectivity criteria to detect a seamless connection without any connectivity issues. We recommend ExpressVPN
Can I get BBC iPlayer in Australia?
Yes, you can enjoy watching BBC iPlayer in Australia, with a protected and premium quality VPN service provider to easily bypass the restriction and witness a highly secured connection with a masked IP address, as in the UK region.
How to download BBC iPlayer app in Australia?
First, you have to subscribe to a premium VPN to by-pass the geo restrictions from the streaming site, then launch BBC iPlayer and start watching your favorite content.
Can I watch MasterChef on BBC iPlayer in Australia?
Yes, you can stream any show on the BBC iPlayer but make sure you are accessing the available shows in the UK region.
Do we need a Wi-Fi for accessing BBC iPlayer in Australia?
A WiFi connection is necessary to connect yourself with a secured VPN connection and then access the BBC iPlayer or any other platform. Without an Internet connection, it’s nearly impossible to access any of the streaming websites.
Where can I watch BBC iPlayer?
There is a dedicated application for BBC iPlayer, which runs perfectly on Windows 7, and above along with Mac OS 10.10 and above updated software.
And that’s all for the day, making it more productive and informative for the readers! We hope you enjoyed reading this fantastic article, with an extensive amount of information and hacks to witness a seamless connection proficient for can I watch BBC iPlayer in Australia, without creating any mess.
If you still have some queries in your mind, please do post them over the feedback section, as we’re here to take them and come up with a better version next time!