Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Is BBC iPlayer available in Ireland? No, BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK. However, to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland you will need a VPN with servers from the UK. We suggest you use ExpressVPN.
Can you watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland? Yes, you can watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland if you use a VPN. We recommend you to use ExpressVPN because it has multiple servers in the UK.
How to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland [Easy Guide in Sept 2022]
Follow these below-mentioned steps to get yourself connected with BBC iPlayer in Ireland and get a seamless connection without any interruption.
Why do you need a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland?
BBC iPlayer is a geo-restricted streaming platform, which means that you can not access its streaming services outside the UK. If this is the case then you must need a VPN connection to bypass its geo-restriction.
VPN connects you through a virtual connection and changes your IP address, routes your traffic through a secure tunnel & traps the IP tracking system. and this becomes quite impossible for the IP tracking system to detect and ban your IP address.
however, without connecting a premium VPN you will see an error notice. If you try to access BBC iPlayer in Ireland without a premium VPN, you will get the following geo-restriction error:
“BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to right issues.”
Not all VPNs can get through the BBC iPlayer’s geo-restriction and anti-VPN technology. When you open a stream, BBC iPlayer checks your IP address against a list of known VPN addresses. You’ll be blocked if there’s a match. To evade detection, you’ll need a service that updates its IP addresses on a frequent basis.
So, keep reading to find out at all of the VPNs that can bypass BBC iPlayer’s geo-restriction and anti-VPN technology.
Quick Overview – Top 5 VPNs to Get BBC iPlayer in Ireland
Take a look at the quick summary of the 5 best VPNs to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers, ExpressVPN is the best BBC iPlayer VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley with user-friendly apps and high-end encryption. The price that ExpressVPN offers is $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This is a high-bandwidth VPN connection with more than 5200 servers worldwide. NordVPN gives you 900+ servers in the UK, in 6 different locations. You can get NordVPN for just $3.67/month for its 2-year package.
- Surfshark: It is a budget-friendly VPN and is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe. Surfshark offers over servers from 7 locations of UK.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to Watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland
Below we have compiled a list of the 5 best VPNs on BBC iPlayer that operate best with BBC iPlayer based on a number of critical characteristics. So, you can subscribe to any of the names listed below in just one click for an uninterrupted streaming experience on the geo-restricted platform.
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland
Its servers be found in a remarkable 94 different countries. Servers are located in 8 cities around the United Kingdom. BBC iPlayer is compatible with ExpressVPN, one of the finest VPNs for unblocking region-locked material. Its high-speed servers and unlimited bandwidth enable flawless HD streaming.
In addition to BBC iPlayer, VPN also unblocks BBC iPlayer in Australia, and, BBC iPlayer in USA. ExpressVPN is situated in the British Virgin Islands, which has the advantage of not being part of the Five, Nine, or 14 Eyes coalitions. Other features that contribute to your online security include a kill switch, DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection.
It’s also known for its excellent customer service, which offers 24-hour, seven-day-a-week live chat assistance. The usage of 256-bit AES encryption to protect your data shows that this VPN cares about your security. It also doesn’t save any logs that could be used to identify you, allowing you to surf the web anonymously.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access BBC iPlayer in Ireland
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Access BBC iPlayer in Ireland
In Ireland, NordVPN is a dependable VPN network that is ideal for accessing BBC iPlayer. Because it is created similarly, NordVPN is known for its dependability, efficiently functioning servers, and richly poured VPN service provider. Yes, you’ve probably heard of and read about NordVPN.
Its highly optimized servers are ideal for streaming geo-restricted websites such as Netflix, HULU, HBO Max, and DisneyPlus, because you’re linked to a dependable and efficient VPN service provider with low-cost pricing options.
It comes with 900 of NordVPN’s 5200+ servers are located in the UK, and we know the BBC iPlayer is a UK-based entertainment provider, you can effortlessly stream BBC iPlayer with the least amount of fuss. It includes security protocols and policies such as AES-256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, Zero-log policy, and NordLynx, a customized feature that is a duplicate of WireGuard and serves comparable purposes.
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Stream BBC iPlayer in Ireland
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN that allows you to stream BBC iPlayer in Ireland. Since 2018, Surfshark has been one of the most popular VPN connections, and you can imagine why. It’s because they charge their consumers relatively little, making it more inexpensive, and this is an excellent method for attracting people quickly.
This VPN is regarded as a ‘Shining Star’ in the VPN business because it was able to secure a position in a much shorter time using highly optimized servers located in three distinct locations around the United Kingdom, which is very remarkable!
Unlike other free VPNs, Surfshark is capable of accessing geo-restricted websites. For example, you stream BBC iPlayer Outside UK, BBC iPlayer in Canada, Hulu in Ireland or any other region except the Kingdom, where it is freely available. Surfshark also has highly safe security protocols and policies such as OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Aes-256-bit encryption
AtlasVPN– Budget-Friendly VPN to Stream BBC iPlayer in Ireland
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices. It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed.
AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps. AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
How to Subscribe to BBC iPlayer in Ireland?
Follow this five-step guide to subscribe to BBC iPlayer in Ireland or anywhere else.
- Start by subscribing to a credible VPN of your choice. ExpressVPN is my top recommendation.
- Install and download the ExpressVPN app on your device.
- Connect to a UK server from the list of servers in VPN app.
- Visit BBC iPlayer’s official website or app.
- Go to the sign-in option.
- Now click on the ‘Register’ option.
- It will as you to fill in your personal information.
- After providing the above information, Use SW1A 1AA for London, E1 OAA for East London, and E16 2JE for Docklands as postal codes.
- Once you are done with providing all the details, select the “Register” option, verify your email, and now you have successfully subscribed to BBC iPlayer in Ireland.
It will ask if you’re over or under 18. Based on that, they will ask for the following information.
If you’re over 18 and in the UK
You need to provide your email address, postcode, and a password.
If you’re between 13 and 18 and in the UK.
We ask for your email address, password, and date of birth.
If you’re under 13
We ask you for a username (instead of an email address), password, and date of birth.
If you’re in Ireland or outside the UK
We ask for your age, email address, country, and a password.
If you’re in Ireland or outside the UK and under 16
A BBC account will not provide access to the child-specific content available in the UK. It will not let you create a BBC account if you are outside the UK but luckily using a VPN will help you subscribe to it.
Can I use a free VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland?
Premium-priced VPN services can never be compared to or replaced by free VPNs. To bypass high-end systems like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Hulu, and others, a complicated technological architecture is required because just like these streaming services, BBC iPlayer is left with no choice to impose geo-restriction policies.
These free VPN service providers host a huge audience hence they lacked speed! These free VPN service providers work as a proxy and you can not expect them to help bypass geo-restrictions on the site.
Moreover, We always recommend paid VPN service providers, they are the perfect choice to unblock geo-restriction policies and watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland because they lack critical security features like encryption, DNS, leak protection, kill switch, and much more that you can get the benefit of along with no guarantees about the storage of private data, leaks, poor security implementations, and pop-ups.
So, all you are left is to subscribe to a premium VPN service provider that are mentioned above. We Recommend ExpressVPN which is reliable and fastest VPN provider.
Why does BBC iPlayer block users from Ireland?
It’s because you don’t have a TV license, according to the BBC. That might make sense in theory, but what if you live in the UK and pay a TV license, but are simply visiting Ireland and want to watch a BBC show or event? This is where this cause falls short. Is there a legitimate reason you can’t watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland?
The reason is that the BBC does not own all of the content it broadcasts, it has agreements in place that allow it exclusive rights to broadcast certain of its own works in other countries, as well as agreements to broadcast some of its non-owned works only in the United Kingdom.
BBC has the right to telecast EURO 2020, and it allows people in Ireland to watch it on its platform; yet, because people are watching via BBC iPlayer, RTE lost out on ad money and other benefits. RTE, of course, will be displeased. That is the real reason why BBC iPlayer blocks users from Ireland. This was the situation in 2019, 2018, and all previous years, and unfortunately, it will continue to be the case in 2022.
Criteria to choose the best BBC iPlayer VPN in Ireland
The criteria for choosing the best VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland are straightforward, and you will have no doubt that our devices will connect to the server within the expected time frame because that is how you will feel after connecting to a high-quality VPN network with fast speeds and security protocols.
We went through a thorough process to determine the Best VPN for streaming BBC iPlayer in Ireland and to let our users to select the Best VPN for themselves.
- The maximum number of servers placed within the location.
- Effective working of the privacy policies and protocols within the layers of connection.
- The quick connectivity after the link is made within the network.
- Live Chat support for the customers and instant response to their queries.
- Strict Zero-Log policies are working with restrictions over creating any log of user’s online activities.
- Maximum coverage of servers, with activated Kill, Switch to stop the activities.
Compatible Devices to Watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland
Below, you’ll learn about the various devices that work with the BBC iPlayer in Ireland that can be used to rapidly watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland or anywhere else.
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- PlayStation 3 and 4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- Amazon Firestick
How to Get the BBC iPlayer in Ireland on your Devices?
If you want to know how to download BBC iPlayer in Ireland or your devices that keep reading!
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for BBC iPlayer app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, BBC iPlayer is now available on your Android device.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United Kingdom in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Search for BBC iPlayer in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select BBC iPlayer on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download BBC iPlayer on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “BBC iPlayer”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- BBC iPlayer has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BBC iPlayer on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps“.
- Search for “BBC iPlayer” in the “Xbox Store”.
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Crackle TV. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United Kingdom after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the BBC iPlayer add-on on Kodi to start watching.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For Firestick Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download BBC iPlayer on your Firestick device:
- Startup your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to UK server.
- Enter the word “YouTube TV” and press enter.
- The ‘BBC iPlayer app for Fire TV Stick‘ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get‘.
- After the BBC iPlayer app has been installed, open it.
- Open the BBC iPlayer app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching BBC iPlayer on Firestick in Ireland.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a UK server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the BBC iPlayer app and you are done.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the BBC iPlayer app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the BBC iPlayer website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching BBC iPlayer, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
Why BBC iPlayer in Ireland isn’t working with a VPN? [Quick Fixes]
If you are trying to stream BBC iPlayer in USA with a VPN and still it stops working then use the following troubleshooting fixe:
- Try again after clearing your browser’s cache, cookies, and history.
- Disable the GPS or location service on your phone. Attempt to connect to a different VPN server.
- Contact the customer service department of your VPN provider.
What if I don’t have the BBC iPlayer app installed?
Well, for windows and mac you will not need the app but for phones and tablets, you will need the BBC iPlayer App to access. If you don’t have the BBC iPlayer app installed you may not be able to watch your favorite shows on BBC iPlayer.
BBC iPlayer in Ireland Channel List
- BBC One (Live Stream)
- BBC Two
- BBC Four
- BBC News
- BBC Three
- BBC Scotland
- BBC Parliament
- BBC Alba
- Radio 1
What to watch on BBC iPlayer in Ireland?
Let us recommend a few popular movies and shows on BBC iPlayer if you don’t want to trawl through the full collection available on its official site.
- Doctor Who
- Last Tango in Halifax
- This Country
- Normal People
- The Missing
- The Pursuit of Love
- The Nest
- What We Do in the Shadows
- Killing Eve
- Line of Duty
FAQs on BBC iPlayer in Ireland
How much does it cost to use BBC iPlayer?
BBC iPlayer is a free streaming service.
Can I use BBC iPlayer for free?
The BBC iPlayer app is free to download, but you’ll need a TV license to watch streamed live TV.
Is it legal to stream BBC iPlayer in Australia with a VPN?
Yes, there are no legal restrictions imposed while integrating a VPN connection to unblock BBC iPlayer in Australia. For this, we recommend using ExpressVPN, as it is the most reliable and fast-paced VPN connection
Is the BBC iPlayer available in Ireland?
However, unlike its UK version, Irish customers would have to pay a monthly subscription price of €6.99 per month or €49.99 for a year to use the video-on-demand service but if you use a VPN you can watch it for free.
How can I watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland?
It’s quite simple to stream BBC iPlayer in Ireland; all you need is a VPN app and a few minutes of your time.
How to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland free 2022 ?
You can use a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland because it is geo-restricted streaming site which is only accessible in the parent region. We recommend ExpressVPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland for better and secure connection.
Is Wi-Fi connection necessary to watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland?
To connect to a secure VPN connection and then use the BBC iPlayer or any other platform, you’ll need a Wi-Fi connection. It’s practically hard to visit any of the streaming websites without an Internet connection.