Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch YouTube TV in India? Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in India but only if you use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN to access it.
Is YouTube TV available in India? No, YouTube TV is not available in India. However, you can watch YouTube TV in India with a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Keep reading this article to know about a few recommended VPNs with high servers that can quickly unblock any geo-restricted website and have servers designed for streaming to bypass the geo-restriction on the service.
Why do you need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV in India?
You’ll need a VPN to access YouTube TV in India because it, like many others, is an American streaming service with geo-restricted content such as HBO max, Disney+. If you attempt to access the service from a location other than the United States, you will receive the following error message:
Top 5 VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in India [Quick Overview]
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 25 highly optimized servers in the USA. It offers is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 45-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Disney Plus in Thailand that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs for watching YouTube TV in India
You may easily bypass geographical restrictions on YouTube TV by masking your IP address and mimicking your location with a VPN. You can also watch YouTube TV in Canada, or anywhere outside the USA through a VPN.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch YouTube TV in India
- I recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for YouTube TV because it is incredibly effective at bypassing geo-restrictions and accessing YouTube TV without any hassle, thanks to its 3,000+ server network.
- It is one of the finest VPNs to watch YouTube TV in India and anywhere else in the world.
- ExpressVPN has Aes-256 bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, Zero-log policy, Strict no IP leaks, so the users are confident the allocated IP addresses are unique and will not overlap with any other users.
- A split-tunneling feature is responsible for splitting the data packets into pieces, making the sending process seamless through the tunnel of information.
- Also, an active Kill Switch is notifying the users about connection weakness, so the user can reconnect to their connection before their actual identity is reframed in front of the website admin.
- In terms of streaming, it’s also the best. The Media Streamer feature of ExpressVPN is a streamer’s dream come true.
- Being one of the few VPN services that maintain a rigorous no-logs policy and are free of IP and DNS leaks. It features good connectivity, a user-friendly interface, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access YouTube TV in India
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- It has built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries.
- Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Best Reputable VPN to Watch YouTube TV in India
- In addition to the two listed above, NordVPN is a prominent participant in the VPN industry, with numerous fast servers across the world, no logs, and a reputation for being a solid VPN for online streaming.
- It can handle up to six simultaneous connections, allowing you to share a single account for secure streaming with your family or friends.
- NordVPN has a dedicated protocol, NordLynx, responsible for auditing the security protocols and policies before the user connection is established.
- With NordLynx, there are other protocols, too, like Aes-256 bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, IKeV2, Split-tunneling, DNS server responsible for masking the IP address, and Physical location within time.
- It also allows multi-logins for devices reaching up to 5+ devices at a time, with a single premium paid account, which is perfect for a family!
Surfshark – Low-Cost VPN to Watch YouTube TV in India
- Surfshark is a pocket-friendly, high-quality VPN service. It uses industry-leading encryption, does not collect logs, and keeps you safe and anonymous online. Surfshark has a great variety of fast servers in the United States and elsewhere.
- It works with a variety of streaming devices, including YouTube TV and Netflix, and it also gets across China’s Great Firewall, which is a major accomplishment and a considerable hurdle for a VPN.
- The Aes-256 bit encryption technique, which is so hard that even the brute force technique fails to break the encryption layer and get into the searching of users, disturbing the users’ overall activities.
- Moreover, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP IKeV2, Strict Zero-Log policy are responsible for giving users the guarantee about no repository maintenance of their online activities.
- The split-tunneling feature is there to split the data packets into pieces to pass through the tunnel of information within the expected time!
- Surfshark also comes with an adblocker, can be installed on an infinite number of devices, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access YouTube TV in India
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options.
- It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies.
- It also has a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Criteria for Choosing the Best VPN to Watch YouTube Tv in India:
Choosing a VPN may appear simple to you, but there is a lot of competition; there are many VPN services that offer excellent user interfaces, but Team Rantent will explain the factors you should consider before picking a VPN for viewing YouTube TV in India:
- Have the potential to unblock Vudu in India, and other streaming channels like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more.
- Holds a vast range of US servers to unblock global content and sites.
- Fast speed to stream videos in high quality without lagging.
- Strict no-logs policy and provide strong encryption to protect your data.
- It offers a money-back guarantee so you can avail of the subscription for a trial before subscribing.
- Best customer service so that the user can get the solution for any query.
Can I watch YouTube TV in India with a Free VPN?
Yes, a free VPN can be used to view YouTube TV in India, but I do not encourage it. Free VPNs lack proper security procedures and are unable to bypass geo-restrictions on streaming sites like YouTube TV. Not only will you be unable to access YouTube TV, but you also risk disclosing all of your personal data to third parties.
What’s Difference between YouTube and YouTube TV?
YouTube has become synonymous with the online experience of today, generating huge volumes of traffic. It’s rare to meet someone who hasn’t heard of YouTube, let alone uses it on a regular basis.
On the other hand, the distinctions between YouTube Premium and YouTube TV are not well understood. YouTube Premium (formerly known as YouTube Red) is a paid subscription that combines YouTube Music Premium and YouTube TV, whereas YouTube Premium (previously known as YouTube Red) is a live television streaming service.
Subscription Cost of YouTube TV in India
The most basic YouTube TV subscription package is USD 64.99 per month or CAD 81.58 per month. A maximum of six accounts is allowed per individual. With the membership, you’ll get a 5-day free trial and access to 90+ YouTube TV channels. Traditional services are also offered for an extra USD 37 per month or CAD 46.44 per month.
YouTube TV in India Devices Compatibility:
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with YouTube TV in India:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for YouTube TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, YouTube TV is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for YouTube TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select YouTube TV on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “YouTube TV”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- YouTube TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with YouTube TV. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the YouTube TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to US server.
- Enter the word ‘YouTube TV’ and press enter.
- The ‘YouTube TV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the YouTube TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the YouTube TV app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching YouTube TV on Firestick in India.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the YouTube TV app and you are done.
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the YouTube TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching YouTube TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
YouTube TV in India Channel List
YouTube TV now has over 73 channels, this is for their basic subscription, which can be expanded to include 81 channels for a modest charge. Now that you know how to watch YouTube TV India, let’s talk about what to watch on YouTube TV in India. So, keep reading to see our choices!
- ESPN (ESPN Plus in Canada)
- FOX News
- FOX Sport 1 (FS1) (Fox Sport Go Outside US)
- Fox Business
- Comedy Central
- Con TV
- Comet TV
- Court TV
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Disney Junior
- NFL Network
- Law & Crime
- MTV 2
- Animal Planet
- Food Network
- Cheddar News
- Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
- BBC World News
- Paramount Network
- Investigation Discovery
- Nat Geo
- NBC Universo
- NBA TV
- MLB Game of the Week
What to Watch on YouTube in India?
Now that you know how to watch YouTube TV in India, let’s talk about what to watch on YouTube TV in India. So, keep reading to see my choices!
Popular TV Shows to Watch on YouTube TV in India
- Saturday Night Live
- The Bachelor
- Wheel of Fortune
- This Is US
- Daytime Jeopardy
- Shark Tank
- Big Bang Theory
- The Office
- Law and Order
- The Equalizer
- Modern Family
- Seven Worlds, One Planet
Best Movies to Watch on YouTube TV in India
- Straight Outta Compton
- The Outsider
- Jurassic World
FAQs on YouTube TV in India
Can I watch YouTube Tv in India?
Yes you can, but only with the help of a VPN as the YouTube Tv is geo-restricted outside the USA, by using a VPN you can hide your real IP address and make you present in India.
How to cancel my YouTube TV subscription?
Follow the steps below to terminate your YouTube TV subscription:
On your device, launch the YouTube TV app. If you don’t have an app, use a web browser to go to tv.youtube.com. Go to the Settings menu. Choose your membership level. Select Pause if you want to put your membership on hold, or “Cancel” if you want to cancel it.
How much does YouTube TV cost in India?
YouTube TV is available for USD 64.99/month (4,936 Indian Rupee). It also offers a 14-day free trial period so you can try out the streaming platform before buying its long-term subscription.
On how many devices can we access YouTube Tv in India?
You can access YouTube Tv on 3 devices simultaneously.
If you are looking for ways to access American channels in India, YouTube TV is a perfect streaming platform for you. However, to unblock YouTube TV in India, you need a VPN.
A VPN will help you mask your IP address and trick YouTube TV into thinking you are trying to access it from the US.
Our top recommendation for watching YouTube TV in India is ExpressVPN. It offers 23+ servers in the US, and all of them work with YouTube TV.