Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
How to fix the YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error? The best solution is to change your VPN or VPN server. We recommend using the US server of ExpressVPN.
How to fix YouTube TV VPN proxy detected error? YouTube TV is currently only available in the United States. Despite the fact that there is a great global demand for YouTube TV, we have yet to see the day when it is finally available to a global audience.
So, until that happens, you will have to use VPNs to get around its geo-restrictions. However, if you encounter the error “YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error,” it implies your VPN has been blocked on YouTube TV. But don’t worry, because it is not all doom and gloom.
The fact that YouTube TV isn’t working with your VPN doesn’t indicate that all VPN servers are blocked. Keep reading to learn How to fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error.
How to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error [Quick Guide Sept 2023]
To fix this error, you’ll need to find a VPN for YouTube TV that allows you to connect to IPs that aren’t on YouTube’s blacklist.
Your VPN server’s IPs have been recognized and blocked by YouTube, which is why you’re getting the “YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected error” message on YouTube TV.
To get YouTube TV to function with a VPN again, follow the following steps.
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- For your device, download and install the app.
- Connect to a US server using your login credentials.
- Open YouTube TV and register for the service.
- Now you can enjoy unlimited access to YouTube TV.
Luckily, now you know how to fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error, and it’s time to explore three of the best VPNs to unblock YouTube TV geo-restrictions.
Why do you need a VPN to watch YouTube TV?
Because YouTube TV is not available outside the USA, which means you cannot unblock YouTube TV without a VPN because of the geo-restriction. If you try to access the service from a location other than the United States, it will show you the following error message:
You can bypass YouTube’s geo-restriction with a premium VPN. It will mask your local IP with an American IP to manipulate YouTube geo-location detectors.
Preliminary Checks to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error
If you are getting a YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected error, then complete the following steps:
- Check whether you’re connected to the VPN server. If your domain name server and IP address are masked, the VPN connection is still active.
- Check to see whether your VPN is leaking your IP address or DNS.
- Then try to swap between a number of US-based servers.
If the problem continues, you should switch VPN providers because your current VPN is clearly incapable of bypassing YouTube TV geo-restrictions.
How To Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error [Quick Overview Sept 2023]
Mentioned below are the VPNs for YouTube TV, which you can check out.
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in the USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch YouTube TV outside the USA. Its offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage, a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in the USA, with blazing fast speed, highly secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable, with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well as 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month, a 2-year plan of 72% off + 3 months FREE, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch YouTube TV outside the USA from anywhere in the world. That offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3-years, with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Choose the Best YouTube TV VPN to Fix the VPN Proxy Error 2023
Here are some of the characteristics to look for in a VPN before deciding on the best YouTube TV VPN.
- YouTube TV and other geo-restricted streaming services like Amazon Prime VPN, Hulu VPN, and Netflix VPN can be unblocked.
- Dedicated mobile and desktop apps for Android, Windows, macOS, and iOS are available.
- Encryption must be strong, and a strict no-log policy must be implemented.
- The feature of the kill switch should be a must-have.
- Must feature the most servers in various locations across the United States.
5 Best VPNs to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error [Detailed Overview Sept 2023]
So, without further ado, take a look at the best 5 VPNs to fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected errors and pick the one VPN that suits your personal preference.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error
If you want to watch YouTube TV from anywhere in the world, we recommend ExpressVPN. It has over 3200 servers in 59 countries, with over 130 servers in the United States alone, allowing you to overcome YouTube TV’s geo-restrictions effortlessly.
You won’t get a YouTube TV VPN proxy error with its strong 256-bit AES encryption and strict no-log policy. On Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux, dedicated apps for streaming devices allow you to watch YouTube TV without interruption.
Furthermore, the DNS MediaStreamer lets you view BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Disney+, and YouTube TV on devices that don’t have native VPN capabilities, such as gaming consoles and Roku. And, out of all the VPNs, ExpressVPN YouTube TV is the finest.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as the kill switch feature and split tunneling, ensuring you completely protect your data.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. CyberGhost costs $2.18/month for 3 years, but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error
Another good choice for resolving the YouTube TV VPN proxy detected error is NordVPN. Its enormous US servers, which number in the thousands, swiftly fool the YouTube TV firewall into allowing you to watch its content in Ultra HD and 4K.
NordVPN is the world’s most popular VPN service. It’s not hard to see why. It’s a sophisticated VPN service that quickly connects you to a huge network of VPN servers (more on that later).
It also unblocks the most popular streaming services, including US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer VPNs, and HBO Max.
This is because NordVPN established a full-time technical team (to monitor its servers’ connections with prominent TV streaming services) and has been aggressively investing in its network of IP addresses in strategic areas.
Streaming YouTube TV on any streaming device is simple, thanks to the dedicated applications and SmartPlay DNS. It supports up to 6 simultaneous device connections on a single account and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error
Surfshark is also excellent at unblocking YouTube TV outside of the United States. It has a global server network of about 3200 machines in over 70 countries. Surfshark has 500 servers in 20 cities across the United States.
It stands out for the low prices it charges for excellent service. Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, Windows, and even routers are all supported. Its single account allows you to connect an infinite number of devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Complete internet security includes a kill switch, ad blocking, tracker blocking, banking-grade encryption, and phishing protection. It will readily handle those feeds and other streaming providers’ high-definition streams.
Surfshark is an excellent choice for online gaming and file sharing. When you use Surfshark, you won’t have to worry about data restrictions or bandwidth limitations.
AtlasVPN – User-Friendly VPN to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with many options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
It also features highly safe security protocols and policies, including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard and security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Can I Watch YouTube TV Outside USA Using a Free VPN?
No, using a free VPN to view YouTube TV outside of the United States is not recommended. Free VPNs lack adequate security procedures and are unable to bypass streaming platforms’ severe geo-restrictions, such as YouTube TV or YouTube TV in Canada and YouTube TV in Australia.
Despite the fact that there are countless free VPN providers on the internet, if you care even a little about your privacy, you should avoid using a free VPN service.
Using a free VPN is dangerous and reduces the quality of your viewing experience because, according to many studies, they are known for selling their customers’ data and monitoring history to third parties.
How Does YouTube Detect That You Are Using a VPN?
YouTube TV isn’t the first streaming provider to put a VPN on its blacklist. Other streaming providers, including Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and pretty much everyone else, have been doing it for years.
To detect and block VPNs, they all use the same methods:
- Streaming services continually monitor IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. This is a simple test. Cheaper VPNs, on the other hand, will fail it, indicating that your connection isn’t completely secure and will be blacklisted. VPNs that pass this basic test include ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
- Geo IP databases collect IP information and validate the IP address you’re connecting with. You won’t be able to stream on YouTube TV if your VPN uses an IP address that is listed in one of these databases.
- YouTube TV performs its own IP verification. If YouTube TV detects a VPN or a large number of simultaneous connections from the same IP address, that IP address will be blacklisted as well.
Why Do VPNs Get Blocked on YouTube TV?
VPNs are becoming increasingly popular on a daily basis. According to statistics, one out of every four persons in the world uses a VPN to access geo-blocked content.
YouTube TV spends a lot of money on digital streaming rights, and they aim to safeguard their investment by preventing people from viewing their material outside of the countries where they have these rights.
If you’re outside of a region where YouTube TV has the right to broadcast its programming, you can use a VPN to watch YouTube TV.
This could cause licensing and copyright concerns, which YouTube TV attempts to prevent by banning access to its service for people outside its broadcast zone.
What is the best way to bypass YouTube TV’s country restrictions?
You’ll need to subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN and connect to an American server to get around the country’s limitations.
Is it legal to use a VPN to watch YouTube TV, and does it work?
Yes, a VPN is a tool that can help you increase your online security and privacy. The ability to unblock is an added benefit. Most places don’t have regulations that forbid using VPNs to unblock content. It works well against geo-restrictions.
How can I keep YouTube TV from detecting my VPN connection?
Because VPN services are officially prohibited on YouTube TV, VPN services such as ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN are a sure option for bypassing geo-restrictions.
How to know if my YouTube TV VPN worked?
Go to the YouTube TV website after you’ve connected to a VPN service and test if it works properly.
How to use VPN with YouTube TV?
A VPN will allow you to access videos that are blocked in your country or elsewhere in the world.
Does a VPN allow you to change the channels on YouTube TV?
You can switch YouTube channels by connecting to servers in other states.
Does YouTube TV work with VPN?
Yes, YouTube TV works well on any region with a VPN, like ExpressVPN.
Can I use YouTube TV with a VPN?
Yes, you can use YouTube TV with a VPN because it is very helpful in accessing restricted streaming sites; it will surely provide security and access to all the restricted content.
How do I bypass YouTube TV location?
You need to use a VPN if you want to bypass the Youtube TV location; all you have to do is connect with a VPN, select a US server, and start streaming YouTube with the changed location.
Why is NordVPN not working with YouTube?
Sometimes VPNs start creating issues due to some reasons, but you can easily fix them quickly:
- Change the server.
- Check the internet connection.
- Restart the App.
- Also, you can contact VPN Customer support.
Why does YouTube TV block VPNs?
You need a strong VPN with premium features to bypass the geo-restrictions of YouTube TV, or else it can detect the VPN and block your IP address from accessing its platform.
How to bypass YouTube TV location without VPN?
You can install GPS spoofing software and select any location of your choice to bypass YouTube TV location hack without VPN.
Why can’t I access YouTube TV with a VPN?
While there could be multiple reasons for you to be unable to access YouTube TV with a VPN, one of the common ones is that your VPN is not reliable enough to bypass the geo-ban easily.
Can I watch YouTube TV overseas without using a VPN?
If you are in the UK or USA, then you can watch YouTube TV overseas without a VPN. But in other countries, a VPN would normally be required for you to watch YouTube TV.
You’ll need a virtual private network to keep up as YouTube detection improves. There’s no excuse to miss out on your YouTube TV shows while traveling outside the US. We’ve included a few well-known VPN providers above to help you stream your favorite shows on YouTube TV.
So, whether in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Mexico, or elsewhere. You can be sure that if you use ExpressVPN. You’ll not only be able to unblock YouTube TV outside US but also fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected an error in 2023.