Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
How to fix the YouTube TV proxy detected error? The best solution is to change your VPN or VPN server. We recommend using the US server of ExpressVPN.
YouTube TV is currently only available in the United States. Despite the fact that there is a great global demand for YouTube TV, we have yet to see the day when it is finally available to a global audience. So, until that happens, you will have to use VPNs to get around its geo-restrictions.
However, if you encounter the error “YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error“, it implies your VPN has been blocked on YouTube TV. But don’t worry, because it is not all doom and gloom. The fact that YouTube TV isn’t working with your VPN doesn’t indicate that all VPN servers are blocked. Keep reading to learn How to fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error.
Preliminary Checks to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error
If you are getting a YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected error, then complete the following steps:
- Check whether you’re connected to the VPN server. If your domain name server and IP address are both masked, the connection with VPN is still active.
- Check to see whether your VPN is leaking your IP address or DNS.
- Then try to swap between a number of US-based servers.
If the problem continues, you should switch VPN providers because your current VPN is clearly incapable of bypassing YouTube TV geo-restrictions.
How to Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error [Quick Guide Mar 2023]
To fix this error, you’ll need to find a VPN that allows you to connect to IPs that aren’t on YouTube’s blacklist. Your VPN server’s IPs have been recognized and blocked by YouTube, which is why you’re getting the “YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected error” message on YouTube TV.
To get YouTube TV to function with a VPN again, follow the following steps.
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- For your device, download and install the app.
- Connect to a US server using your login credentials.
- Open YouTube TV and register for the service.
- Now you can enjoy unlimited access to YouTube TV.
Luckily, now you know how to fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error, its time for you to explore three of the best VPNs that work best to unblock YouTube TV geo-restrictions.
How To Fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error [Quick Overview – Mar 2023]
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch YouTube TV outside USA. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch YouTube TV outside USA from anywhere in the world that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Choose the Best YouTube TV VPN to Fix the VPN Proxy Error 2023
Here are some of the characteristics to look for in a VPN before deciding on the best YouTube TV VPN.
- YouTube TV, as well as other geo-restricted streaming services like Amazon Prime VPN, Disney+ VPN, Hulu, Netflix VPN, and others, can be unblocked.
- Dedicated mobile and desktop apps for Android, Windows, macOS, and iOS are available.
- Encryption must be strong, and there is a rigorous no-log policy in place.
- The feature of the kill switch should be a must-have.
- Must feature the most servers in various locations across the United States.
5 Best VPNs to fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error [Detailed Overview March 2023]
So, without further ado, take a look at the best 5 VPNs to fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected error and pick the one VPN that suits your personal preference.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Unblock YouTube TV
If you want to watch YouTube TV from anywhere in the world, we recommend ExpressVPN. It has over 3200 servers in 59 countries, with over 130 servers in the United States alone, allowing you to effortlessly overcome YouTube TV’s geo-restrictions.
You won’t get a YouTube TV VPN proxy error with its strong 256-bit AES encryption and strict no-log policy. On Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux, dedicated apps for streaming devices allow you to watch YouTube TV without interruption.
Furthermore, the DNS MediaStreamer lets you view BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Disney+, and YouTube TV on devices that don’t have native VPN capabilities, such as gaming consoles and Roku. And, out of all the VPNs compatible with HBO Max, this one is the finest.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access YouTube TV
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Unblock YouTube TV
Another good choice for resolving the YouTube TV VPN proxy detected error is NordVPN. Its enormous US servers, which number in the thousands, swiftly fool the YouTube TV firewall into allowing you to watch its content in Ultra HD and 4K.
NordVPN is the world’s most popular VPN service. It’s not hard to see why. It’s a sophisticated VPN service that connects you to a huge network of VPN servers quickly (more on that later). It also unblocks the most popular streaming services, including US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer VPNs, and HBO Max.
This is because NordVPN established a full-time technical team (to monitor its servers’ connections with prominent TV streaming services) and has been aggressively investing in its network of IP addresses in strategic areas.
Streaming YouTube TV on any streaming device is simple thanks to the dedicated applications and SmartPlay DNS. On a single account, it supports up to 6 simultaneous device connections and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Unblock YouTube TV
Surfshark is also excellent in unblocking YouTube TV outside of the United States. It has a global server network of about 3200 machines in over 70 countries. Surfshark has 500 servers in 20 cities across the United States.
It stands out for the low prices it charges for excellent service. Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, Windows, and even routers are all supported. Its single account allows you to connect an infinite number of devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Complete internet security includes a kill switch, ad blocking, tracker blocking, banking-grade encryption, and phishing protection. It will readily handle those feeds, as well as other streaming providers’ high-definition streams.
Surfshark is an excellent choice for online gaming and file sharing. When you use Surfshark, you won’t have to worry about data restrictions or bandwidth limiting.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to Get YouTube TV
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Can I watch YouTube TV outside USA using a free VPN?
No, using a free VPN to view YouTube TV outside of the United States is not recommended. Free VPNs lack adequate security procedures and are unable to bypass streaming platforms’ severe geo-restrictions, such as YouTube TV or YouTube TV in Canada and YouTube TV in Australia.
Despite the fact that there are countless free VPN providers on the internet, if you care even a little about your privacy, you should avoid using a free VPN service. Using a free VPN is not only dangerous, but it also reduces the quality of your viewing experience because according to many studies, they are known for selling their customers’ data and monitoring history to third parties.
How does YouTube detect that you are using a VPN?
YouTube TV isn’t the first streaming provider to put a VPN on its blacklist. Other streaming providers, including Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and pretty much everyone else, have been doing it for years. To detect and block VPNs, they all use the same methods:
- IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks are continually monitored by streaming services. This is a simple test. Cheaper VPNs, on the other hand, will fail it, indicating that your connection isn’t completely secure and will be blacklisted. VPNs that pass this basic test include ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
- Geo IP databases collect IP information and validate the IP address from which you’re connecting. You won’t be able to stream on YouTube TV if your VPN uses an IP address that is listed in one of these databases.
- YouTube TV performs its own IP verification. If YouTube TV detects VPN or a large number of simultaneous connections from the same IP address, that IP address will be blacklisted as well.
Why do VPNs get blocked on YouTube TV?
VPNs are becoming increasingly popular on a daily basis. According to statistics, one out of every four persons in the world uses a VPN to access geo-blocked content. YouTube TV spends a lot of money on digital streaming rights, and they aim to safeguard their investment by preventing people from viewing their material outside of the countries where they have these rights.
If you’re outside of a region where YouTube TV has the right to broadcast its programming, you can use a VPN to watch YouTube TV. This could cause licensing and copyright concerns, which YouTube TV is attempting to prevent by banning access to its service for people outside of its broadcast zone.
FAQs YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error
What is the best way to bypass YouTube TV’s country restrictions?
You’ll need to subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN and connect to an American server to get around the country limitation.
Is it legal to bypass YouTube against the law?
A VPN is a tool that can help you increase your online security and privacy. The ability to unblock is an added benefit. Most places don’t have regulations that forbid using VPNs to unblock content.
How can I keep YouTube TV from detecting my VPN connection?
Because the use of VPN services is officially prohibited on YouTube TV VPN services such as ExpressVPN, Surfshark and NordVPN are a sure option for bypassing geo-restrictions.
How to know if my YouTube TV VPN worked?
Go to the YouTube TV website after you’ve connected to a VPN service and test if it works properly.
How to bypass that YouTube TV videos are restricted in your country?
A VPN will allow you to access videos that are blocked in your country or elsewhere in the world.
Does a VPN allow you to change the channels on YouTube TV?
Yes, you can switch YouTube TV channels by connecting to servers in other states.
You’ll need a virtual private network that can keep up as YouTube detection improves. There’s no excuse to miss out on your YouTube TV shows while traveling outside of the US. To help you stream your favorite YouTube TV show, we’ve included a few well-known VPN providers above.
So, whether in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Mexico, or elsewhere. You can be sure that if you use ExpressVPN. you’ll not only be able to unblock YouTube TV outside US but also fix YouTube TV VPN Proxy Detected Error in 2022.