Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can you watch YouTube TV in UK? No, you cannot watch YouTube TV in UK unless you use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Do you want to watch YouTube TV in UK? That is not possible without a premium VPN, if you are not in USA, and you want to watch Youtube TV outside US . However, the good news is, you can unblock YouTube TV in UK, and I will show you how in this guide. So, keep reading!
How to Watch YouTube TV in UK [Quick Steps 2022]
Follow these five simple steps to watch YouTube TV in UK:
- Subscribe to a VPN service (I recommend ExpressVPN)
- Download and install its app and log in with your credentials.
- Now connect one of the US servers from the list.
- Disable your device’s location tracking services.
- Visit the official YouTube TV website, log in and start watching your favorite content.
Note: A US Zip code is required to register a YouTube TV account, such as 10002, which is a zip code in the New York area. These area-specific zip codes will allow you to watch channels and awards like the Emmy from a specific area. Furthermore, the much-anticipated Emmy Awards are approaching; click here to learn how to watch them online. You can either Google them or go to this page to find the ones that suit your needs. To finish your sign-up in the UK, you can pay for YouTube TV with PayPal or a YouTube TV gift card.
Why do you need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV in UK?
You’ll need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in UK because it’s an American streaming platform with geo-restricted content, like YouTube TV Outside USA , Voot in UK, Hulu in UK, ThreeNow in UK, and appreciably more. If you attempt to access the service in UK and from a location other than the United States, the following message will appear on your screen:
“It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the United States“
People living in the UK cannot directly access YouTube TV because the service is restricted in their country. To bypass this geo-restriction, you’ll need a VPN with a server that can easily unblock any website and has servers optimized for streaming. So, take a look at the 5 best YouTube TV in UK.
Top 5 VPNs Watch YouTube TV in UK [Quick Overview]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch YouTube TV in UK:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 25 highly optimized servers in USA. It offers is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers 15 highly optimized servers in USA. Its 2-year subscription is $3.30 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN to watch YouTube TV in UK or from anywhere in the world that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 best VPNs for watching YouTube TV in UK:
To watch YouTube TV in UK, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the 5 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch YouTube TV in UK
We recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for YouTube TV because, with its 3,000+ server network, it is extremely effective at bypassing geo-restrictions on YouTube TV and circumventing restrictions. It is one of the best options for streaming YouTube TV in UK.
It is also the best in terms of streaming. ExpressVPN’s Media Streamer feature is a streamer’s dream come true. Being one of the few VPN services that adhere to a strict no-logs policy and is free of issues such as IP and DNS leaks. It has excellent connectivity, an easy-to-use interface, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can also watch the following channels with ExpressVPN:
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Youtube TV in UK
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Best Reputable VPN to Watch YouTube TV in UK
In addition to the two listed above, NordVPN is a prominent participant in the VPN industry, with numerous fast servers across the world, no logs, and a reputation for being a solid VPN for online streaming.
It can handle up to six simultaneous connections, allowing you to share a single account for secure streaming with your family or friends. NordVPN’s UK servers can also block ThreeNow in UK, Peacock TV in UK as well Crave TV in UK , and anywhere else in the world.
You can also watch the following channels with NordVPN:
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Stream YouTube TV in UK
Surfshark is a high-quality but reasonably priced VPN service. The price is reasonable, and it will do the job. Surfshark employs industry-leading encryption, does not collect logs, and will keep you safe and anonymous on the internet. Surfshark also performs well in speed tests and has a large number of fast servers in the United States and around the world.
It is compatible with a wide range of streaming devices, including YouTube TV and Netflix but also bypasses China’s Great Firewall, which is a big deal and a challenge for a VPN. Surfshark also includes an ad-blocker, supports an unlimited number of devices, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Youtube TV in UK
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Can I watch YouTube TV with a free VPN in UK?
No, using a free VPN to watch YouTube TV in UK is not recommended. Free VPNs lack adequate security procedures and are unable to bypass streaming platforms’ severe geo-restrictions, such as YouTube TV. You will not only be unable to use YouTube TV, but you also run the danger of revealing all of your personal information to third parties. As a result, we propose that you use a premium VPN to unblock YouTube TV in Australia. or to watch YouTube TV in Canada.
Should You Expect to Encounter YouTube TV VPN/proxy detection Error?
When using a free VPN or a paid VPN with weak security protocols to access YouTube TV, you encounter a proxy/VPN detection error. Because YouTube TV has very strong security protocols, it can easily detect and block weak VPNs. To resolve this error, you will require a dependable VPN service, such as ExpressVPN, with AES 256-encryption and powerful servers.
Still Cannot Access YouTube TV in UK?
If you are getting geo-restriction error while accessing YouTube TV in UK even after using a premium VPN, then opt for the following hacks:
- Clear cache and cookies from your browser then refresh the page.
- Try a different US server in your VPN app.
- Change your device date and time to US region.
- Flush DNS from your device by opening CMD.
- Paste this: “ipconfig/flushdns”
Can you spoof the YouTube TV location?
Yes, you can use ExpressVPN to spoof the YouTube TV location. It is an American streaming service and it is only available in the USA. If you use any proxy to spoof YouTube TV’s location then chances are that it’ll detect your proxy and it will block your access. A VPN like ExpressVPN can easily bypass its geo-restriction and provide you access to the service.
How to fix YouTube TV VPN/proxy detected error
To fix YouTube TV VPN/Proxy detected error, follow the following steps.
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- For your device, download and install the app.
- Connect to a US server using your login credentials.
- Open YouTube TV and register for the service.
- Now you can enjoy unlimited access to YouTube TV.
How to Subscribe to YouTube TV in UK?
Using a VPN provider is equivalent to one side of the coin and the other side of the coin is when you buy a YouTube TV subscription. Although a VPN will allow you to bypass the geo-restrictions on the content, it will not make your YouTube TV subscription free.
- Purchase a VPN to change your IP address to a US IP address. (We recommend ExpressVPN)
- Open a PayPal account in the United States.
- Create a US Gmail account for the purpose of subscribing to YouTube TV.
Let me explain the process in detail.
Open a PayPal Account
To subscribe to YouTube TV in UK, you must first need a valid US PayPal ID. You can either ask a friend or family member in the US for their PayPal account, or you can get one yourself by following the steps below:
- Connect to a VPN server in the United States. Begin the sign-up process with an email address you’ve never used before.
- Enter all of your information correctly, including your credit card number and street address.
- As a US Zip code, enter your local postal code. Remove the alphabets from your city’s postal code to make it all numbers, then add two zeroes at the end.
- Enter this Zip code into the USPS website link and double-check that it exists. If it fails, replace one of the zeros at the end with a 1.
- Finally, enter the US city address from the USPS link as well as your actual street address to complete the process.
Create a US Gmail Account
To complete the YouTube TV subscription process, follow the steps below to create a Gmail account in the United States:
- Go to Google and sign up for a new Gmail account.
- Make sure that the United States is selected as the country for your account.
- Now confirm the email with your phone number.
- That’s all there is to it — you now have a US email address to use with your YouTube TV account.
How much YouTube TV cost in UK?
YouTube TV costs $64.99 a month in the United States, but £46.04 per month in the United Kingdom when converted to Pound Sterling.
Is YouTube TV Better Than Netflix?
Although both the streaming services YouTube TV and Netflix are extremely popular, it would be not an easy task to compare the two of them.
Netflix is a streaming service that gives you access to a variety of movies and TV shows, with the option of watching whatever you want whenever you want it.
But If you have an existing cable or satellite TV account, YouTube TV is the best option. It’s the same as regular cable package but without being bound by contract or restricted to viewing only on a television screen.
However, if you have a Netflix subscription, you can watch The Great Hack on your computer or smart device for just £11.99 per month or less through the network’s UK website.
The Max package on YouTube TV costs $65, which includes everything you need to enjoy the service. However, there are additional premium add-ons that you may purchase separately if desired.
Netflix’s major drawback is that it exclusively offers originals , which are not available via live TV.
It all depends on what you want. A bound streaming only on cable Tv or, or simply viewing whatever you desire, whenever it’s convenient.
How long do recordings stay on YouTube TV?
Once you’ve added a show to your library, it will stay there even if there are no upcoming episodes, Live TV recordings will be saved for 9 months if you maintain your membership status.
Can you delete recordings on YouTube TV?
Subscribers to YouTube TV can erase recordings from their library, but only those that have been planned but not yet recorded. By going to the page for any show or movie and clicking the “Added to Library” button, you can delete these scheduled recordings.
How do I Disable the Location Tracking Services on My Device?
Follow the below steps to disable the location tracking services on your device:
For Android Users
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Permissions.
- Go to Location and turn it off.
For iOS Users
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Privacy.
- Click on Location Services and turn it off.
Compatible Devices to watch YouTube TV in UK
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch YouTube TV in UK:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch YouTube TV in UK on your device
If you want to download YouTube TV app in UK on your devices then here’s how you can do it:
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for YouTube TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, YouTube TV is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for YouTube TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select YouTube TV on Roku home screen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “YouTube TV.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Vudu has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with YouTube TV. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the YouTube TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download YouTube TV on your Firestick device:
- Startup your Firestick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to US server.
- Enter the word ‘YouTube TV‘ and press enter.
- The ‘YouTube TV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get‘.
- After the YouTube TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the YouTube TV app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching YouTube on Firestick in UK.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the YouTube TV app and you are done.
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the YouTube TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching YouTube TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
YouTube TV in UK Alternatives
While YouTube TV is a fantastic addition for cord-cutters, there are other amazing options, such as:
- DirecTV NOW
- beIN Sports
- Hulu with Live TV
- Sling TV
- Crave TV
What can you watch on YouTube in UK?
YouTube TV currently has over 73 YouTube TV channels available on its platform. This is for their basic subscription, which can be upgraded to a total of 81 channels for a small fee.
Now that you know how to watch YouTube TV in UK, let’s talk about what to watch on YouTube TV. Unless you’re a TV show addict like us, you’ve probably already got a list. If not, then continue reading and take a look at our Youtube TV in UK Channel list.
Channels Can You Watch on YouTube TV:
Here’s a list of the TV channels that Youtube TV offers to subscribers on the YouTube TV app:
- Adult Swim
- Animal Planet
- BBC World News
- CBS Sports
- CNBC World
- Cartoon Network
- Cheddar Big News
- Cheddar Business
- Cheddar News
- Comedy Central MTV
- Cozi TV
- Disney Junior
- Disney XD
Watch Emmys Awards On YouTube Tv in UK:
The 74th Emmy Awards are all set to spread it’s magic on 12 September 2022. As we all are anticipated to stream this huge ceremony but at the same time If you want to watch the ceremony live with YouTube Tv you can follow these simple steps that we have mentioned above.
FAQs on YouTube TV in UK
Is YouTube TV available in UK?
No, YouTube TV is only available in UK. But you can get YouTube TV in UK through a VPN.
Where can I access YouTube TV?
Despite its 2017 launch, YouTube TV is presently exclusively available in the United States, with no plans to expand to other countries. If you get errors like “YouTube is not accessible in your country,” it means the service isn’t yet available in your country.
Does YouTube TV works in UK?
Yes, with a VPN you can access and unblock YouTube TV in UK. Connect to a US server of your desired VPN to watch YouTube TV in UK.
What’s the difference between YouTube and YouTube TV?
Consider YouTube Premium, originally known as YouTube Red before a 2018 makeover, as an ad-free, streamlined version of the basic YouTube service with additional exclusive content. YouTube TV, which debuted in 2017, is aimed more at cord-cutters to provide access to several broadcast networks, cable television channels, as well as live news and sports.
Will YouTube TV be available in UK?
There aren’t any official announcements about the availability of YouTube TV in UK.
That’s all there is to it when it comes to watching YouTube TV in UK. I hope you found this blog on how to watch and access YouTube TV in your location, as well as the three best YouTube TV VPNs, useful. So, get complete access to all of YouTube TV’s channels by signing up for one of my recommended VPNs, such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, or Surfshark.