Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can I fix Hulu Error Code 500? Yes, you can fix Hulu Error Code 500 quickly. All you need is to follow our guide online, and you are good to go!
We know how it feels like when you are all set to stream your favorite shows online, but that experience is interrupted by a particular code blocking your screen.
Fear not, because we are here for you to help you fix this error and understand why it occurred in the first place. This way, you can avoid potential problems in the future and have a better streaming experience.
How Do I Remove an Error Code 500 on Hulu? [Easy Steps Dec 2023]
Mentioned below are the steps to fix Error Code 500:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Install its app on your device.
- Connect to a server in the USA, preferably in New York.
- Visit Hulu’s official website.
- Sign in with your relevant credentials and stream away!
What is Hulu Error Code 500?
Hulu Error Code 500 has nothing to do with you, as it is mainly a server problem. This usually occurs on devices in the middle of your streaming and on the website, you are using.
There is nothing much that you can do to fix the Error Code 500 except to refresh the server and keep trying.
Top 3 VPNs to Fix Hulu Error Code 500 [Quick Overview Dec 2023]
Does Hulu work outside the USA? Yes, Hulu works outside the USA but only through a premium VPN. Here are the top 3 VPNs to fix Hulu Error Code 500:
- ExpressVPN: This VPN network is safe and reliable and has over 3000 servers worldwide. It has 20+ highly optimized servers in the USA. ExpressVPN offers $6.67/month for its yearly package with three months of free usage.
- NordVPN: It is a high-bandwidth VPN with more than 5200 servers worldwide. NordVPN gives you 1970+ servers in the USA in 15 different locations. You can get NordVPN for just $3.67/month for its 2-year package.
- Surfshark: It is a budget-friendly VPN and is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe. Surfshark offers over 600 servers in the USA.
What Causes Error Code 500?
There are many causes for Hulu Error Code 500 on your device/website. Here are some of them:
- You need to update your Hulu app.
- Your device has compatibility issues with Hulu’s app.
- You have network connectivity issues with your Hulu app.
- Your connection is slower than required.
- You need to update your device.
- The fault is within Hulu’s app.
Another Way to Fix Hulu Error Code 500
Here is another way to fix Hulu Error Code 500 quickly:
- Ensure that your internet connection is good.
- Make sure to check your Hulu Server Status.
- Reboot your Hulu app.
- Restart your internet browser.
- Clear your Hulu cache.
- Update your internet browser.
- Change the date and time of your device.
- Alter your DNS Settings
- Uninstall, then re-install your Hulu app.
- Install Hulu and sign into it on a different device.
- Call Hulu support for your concerns and queries.
Detailed Method to Fix Hulu Error Code 500
Below are some straightforward methods to resolve Hulu Error Code 500. Check them out now!
Fix Internet Connection
If you are streaming Hulu on your device, the average internet speed must be 3.0 Mbps. Additionally, you require 8.0 Mbps of connection if you are live streaming on its app.
Even further, if you wish to stream your favorite content on Hulu with a 4K streaming quality, ensure you have around 16.0 Mbps of bandwidth. It would be best to have a proper internet connection to fix Hulu Error Code 500 on your device.
Reboot Hulu App
Rebooting your Hulu app is also one of the common ways to fix your Error Code 500. Here is how you can do that:
- You need to launch your Hulu app on the device you are using.
- Select the user icon.
- In case of any alerts, follow the instructions on the screen.
- Now, log out of your account.
- Wait a while, then open the official Hulu website in your browser.
- Log into your account and stream away.
Yes, this is the classic case of restarting anything in case of any issues. And guess what? It works. Here is how you can do that:
- Cancel all the tabs on your device, including Hulu, and restart your PC.
- Go to the Start menu, select Chrome, and tap/click Open.
- Visit Hulu’s official website.
- Enter your credentials and try streaming typically.
Check Hulu Server Status
As mentioned above, Hulu Error Code 500 occurs due to server issues. To make sure that your server is perfectly functional, here is what you need to do:
- Open a new tab and proceed toward the down detector server status page for Hulu.
- You will see the text “user reports indicate no current difficulties at Hulu” on your screen. It is a good sign for you.
- If not, then you are potentially facing Hulu server status.
Delete and Install Hulu App Again
Another easy way to fix your Hulu Error Code 500 is to uninstall and re-install the Hulu app.
- Visit the settings on your device.
- Select applications.
- Search for Hulu and uninstall it by right-clicking it.
- Remove all the cache from your device.
- Next, restart your device and open your web browser.
- Search for Hulu on your device’s app store.
- Install the app, and check whether or not the Hulu Error Code 500 is present or not.
Clear Hulu Cache
Clearing the cache from your device can help fix a lot of errors that are related to streaming. Mentioned below is a quick way to clear the Hulu cache on your PC:
- On Android: Settings >Apps > Hulu > Storage > Clear cookies.
- On iOS: Settings >Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.
- On TV: Settings >Home control > Hulu app > Clear cache.
Change Date & Time Settings
As much as it may seem irrelevant to you, changing your device’s date and time settings makes a huge difference in fixing Hulu’s Error Code 500. You can change your PC’s time and date by following the steps below:
- Tap on the start option, then enter the date and time settings.
- Open the screen and select the correct time zone.
- Disable the options of Set Time Automatically and Set Time Zone Automatically.
- Select Change in the opportunity given under Set Date and Time Manually.
- Set your time and date relevant to your region and save the changes.
Try Launching Hulu on a Different Device
You can quickly launch Hulu on a different device if your current device doesn’t work for you. Here is the list of devices that work efficiently with Hulu:
- LG TV
- Fire Tablets
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Echo Show (8, 10, and 15)
- Samsung TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV(4th generation or later)
Contact Hulu Support
If nothing else works for you, contact Hulu support, as they will help you better with their experts. They are available 24/7 to deal with your issues personally.
Update the Browser
Are you using an older version of the Hulu app? That’s okay. Here is how you can install the latest updates of Hulu on your devices.
1. How to Install the Latest Hulu Updates on the iOS Device?
Follow the given steps to install the latest Hulu updates on your IOS device.
- Visit App Store and click on the Menu option.
- Click on App Updates and select the one with Hulu.
- Tap on Update and wait.
2. How to Install the Latest Hulu Updates on Your Android Device?
Follow the steps to download the latest Hulu updates on your Android device.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Choose to Manage Apps and Updates.
- Select Updates.
- Select the Hulu app and install the latest updates.
FAQs – Error Code 500
How do I fix the 500 network errors?
Here is how you can solve the Hulu Error 500 in easy steps:
Subscribe to ExpressVPN > Install its app > Connect to a US-based server > Visit hulu.com > Sign in > Start streaming.
Why does Hulu keep giving me an error message?
Hulu keeps giving you error messages based on your poor internet connection, server issues, and other glitches in your app or device.
What does a 500 Error Code mean?
The Error Code 500 means that your device contains a server problem that is primarily out of your control to fix.
So, here is how you can fix Hulu Error Code 500 in simple steps that we have shared with you. If Hulu is unavailable in your region, try installing a reliable VPN, like ExpressVPN, to access it. Let us know if this solution worked out for you!
Get more info: