Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can I resolve Hulu Error Code P-DEV318? Yes, you can resolve Hulu Error Code P-DEV318 by following the tips provided in this blog.
We understand how frustrating it can be when you are all set to watch your favorite shows online, but a specific error code P-Dev318 prevents you from doing so.
Do not be alarmed; we are here to assist you in correcting this error and also discovering its cause.
How to Fix Error Code P-DEV318 on Hulu? [Quick Guide December 2023]
Mentioned below are the steps to fix Error Code P-DEV318:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Install its app on your device.
- Connect to a server in the USA, preferably in New York.
- Visit Hulu’s official website.
Sign in with your relevant credentials and stream away!
What is Hulu Error Code P-Dev318?
On Hulu, the P-DEV318 error message commonly appears. Many users have encountered the issue while viewing Hulu content.
Hulu Error P-DEV318 is primarily caused by these issues:
- A maintenance issue brought on a Hulu server error.
- Small bandwidth problems slow down Internet connections.
Top 3 VPNs to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV318 [Brief Guide December 2023]
Here are the top 3 VPNs to fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV318:
- ExpressVPN: This VPN network is safe and reliable and has over 3000 servers worldwide. It has 20+ highly optimized servers in the USA. ExpressVPN offers $6.67/month for its yearly package with three months of free usage.
- NordVPN: It is a high-bandwidth VPN with more than 5200 servers worldwide. NordVPN gives you 1970+ servers in the USA in 15 different locations. You can get NordVPN for just $3.67/month for its 2-year package.
- Surfshark: It is a budget-friendly VPN and is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe. Surfshark offers over 600 servers in the USA.
How to fix Hulu Error P-DEV318?
Mentioned below are ways to fix Hulu error code P-DEV318:
Check Internet Connection
Make sure your internet connection is stable. A weak or unstable internet connection could cause Hulu error code P-DEV318.
Another alternative is to restart the router. After plugging in the router’s main wire and waiting around a minute, you can restart Hulu to see if the p-dev318 error has disappeared.
Restart The Device You Use To Stream Hulu
Restarting your Xbox One or other streaming devices is always a good idea. Restarting your device will typically reset the firmware and resolve any problems prohibiting online streaming.
Restarting Xbox One
- Press the “Xbox” button for about 10 seconds to switch off the Xbox One.
- Hold the “Xbox” button for a few seconds to launch the console.
Restarting other streaming devices
- Turn off the streaming device.
- After turning off all electrical sources, wait 10 seconds.
- Connect the power cable to the gadget.
In addition to restarting, you may always power cycle your network and modem. The issue can be resolved by briefly disconnecting each device from its power supply and then inserting it back in.
Updating the Hulu app
An outdated Hulu app can always cause the P-DEV318 issue. Check your device’s or app store settings to see what updates are available. To avoid the error code, download and install any necessary updates.
Alternate Your Streaming Device
As Hulu is supported on Android TV, Browser, Android Devices, Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, iPhone and iPad, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Chromecast, try switching to a new device.
Clear Hulu Cache
Corrupt cache data causes various error codes to appear. Corrupt data is probably to blame for the P-DEV318 problem if you already have the most recent version of the Hulu app and a dependable internet connection.
To resolve the issue, the cache files for the Hulu app must be removed.
Check Your Internet Speed
Streaming movies from storage Hulu requires a minimum of 3 Mbps, and 8 Mbps is needed to broadcast live events. The P-DEV318 error, however, could appear if your movie is buffering for an excessively long time. Your internet connection can be sped up to fix this issue.
Contact Hulu Support
Contacting the Hulu online support service is the simplest and fastest way to identify the origin of the problem and get a fix. To finish your account, you must have all the necessary information.
If you visit the Hulu website, join the Hulu Community, or tweet them, the support team will respond immediately with a solution to any problems you may have with Hulu.
How do I fix Hulu error P-DEV318?
You can try the following to fix Error Code P-DEV318:
- Ensure that your internet connection is good.
- Make sure to check your Hulu Server Status.
- Reboot your Hulu app.
- Restart your internet browser.
- Clear your Hulu cache.
- Update your internet browser.
- Change the date and time of your device.
- Alter your DNS Settings
- Uninstall, then re-install your Hulu app.
- Install Hulu and sign into it on a different device.
- Call Hulu support for your concerns and queries.
Why do I keep getting an error code on Hulu?
It could be due to your unstable internet connection.
Why am I getting a Hulu error code P-DEV318?
If you continually encounter Hulu Error P-DEV318 when trying to play a video, it signifies that your Hulu app cannot communicate with the Hulu service. If this happens, try restarting the app and your entire device.
So, here is how you can fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV318 in a few steps that we have shared with you. If Hulu is unavailable in your region, try installing a reliable and robust VPN, such as ExpressVPN, to access it. Let us know if this solution worked out for you!