Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
The Walt Disney Company’s new video-on-demand service, Disney Plus, debuted in the United States and other regions late in 2019 and is now accessible in a variety of additional markets. While you can watch Disney movies and original series on your Android smartphone, watching them on your big screen TV is more fun.
Apple TV is the best streaming device available. you’re in luck if you have an Apple TV on hand. With over 100 million subscribers globally, Disney Plus has quickly become one of the top streaming services. So, if Disney Plus is available on Apple TV, makes sense why!
The very first thing you should do is subscribe to Disney Plus. You can do this through the Disney Plus app for Android, but we recommend going to the Disney Plus official website instead. It costs $7.99 per month or $79.99 per year to subscribe to the service. (If you’re lucky, you might be able to get a free trial for seven days).
Without further ado, here’s How to install and watch Disney Plus on Apple TV in a jiffy.
Detailed Guideline on How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV
The procedure for getting Disney Plus is, as one could expect, incredibly basic and straightforward. Before you begin, make sure you have a Disney account set up so you can begin streaming right away. Take a look at the simple way on how to subscribe to Disney Plus on Apple TV before we tell you how to watch it.
How to subscribe to Disney Plus on Apple TV
By following the below steps here’s how you can subscribe to Disney Plus on Apple TV;
- Using your iPhone, iPad, or PC, go to the Disney+ sign up page (and web browser)
- Choose between a Buy Now option or a Start Free Trial.
- Fill in your email address and make a strong password.
- You will receive a free seven-day trial.
- If you don’t want to subscribe, you must cancel the trial before it expires because you’ll be charged $6.99 and will be charged every month until you cancel.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your email address after you’ve finished.
- Go to your email inbox and look for the Disney Plus confirmation email.
- To confirm, click the link enclosed in the email.
After that, you’ll need to head over to Apple TV and download the app. Here’s how you can.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV’s home screen, which is only available on Apple TVs that are fourth-generation or later.
- Type “Disney Plus” into the search box provided, and when the app is located, click “Get” to begin the download.
- Return to your Apple TV’s home screen and navigate to the Disney Plus app icon, which you September access by clicking.
- To log in on your Apple TV, use the same user name and password you used to sign up for your Disney Plus account on the internet.
- Find the show or movie you want to watch and start watching it.
What if your Apple TV has an older version?
You won’t be able to download the Disney+ app if your Apple TV is older than the A1625. The most straightforward explanation is that these older devices do not have access to the App Store. If you possess one of these older Apple TVs, you can use AirPlay to connect your devices. Here’s how you can do it
How to watch Disney Plus on Apple TV with AirPlay from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Here’s how to use AirPlay to watch Disney+ to an Apple TV from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac;
- Make sure your iPhone/iPad is on the same network as your ATV.
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Now select on Wi-Fi Make note of the network Check against the Apple TV
- Open the Disney+ app.
- Now search for something to watch.
- Start playing the aforementioned thing.
- The AirPlay icon should be tapped (or clicked).
- Select the Apple TV on which you want to watch the video.
- Sit back and relax to watch Disney plus on Apple TV.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Countries
As we all know Disney Plus is a geo-restricted streaming service which isn’t available in various countries including Philippines, Romania, Hongkong, New Zealand, Singapore, Germany, and Thailand. There’s nothing to worry about if you want to watch your favorite Disney Plus content because I’ve got your back! Here’s how you can do it!
The subscription and downloading process are exactly the same whether you want to watch it from the geo-restricted country or not. All you need to do is subscribe to a credible VPN. If you want to watch Disney Plus on Apple TV in a geo-restricted region, all you have to do is follow the below-mentioned steps before subscribing and downloading Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Download and subscribe to a credible VPN (I highly recommend ExpressVPN because it is the best Disney Plus VPN).
- Open the VPN software and sign up/sign in with your account credentials.
- Select the USA server from the drop-down menu to mask your location.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Disney+ on your Apple TV in a geo-restricted region?
Your local IP address is assigned to the internet you are accessing. In order to stick to the set of content distribution restrictions, Disney+ employs IP tracking technology, which prevents users from accessing the service from locations where it is not available.
That’s why if you try to watch Disney Plus from outside of the supported countries, it will immediately ban your access based on your local IP address. It masks your current IP address and replaces it with one from a country where the Disney+ service is available, such as the United States.
This will fool the IP tracking system into thinking you’re in the United States, allowing you to watch Disney+ on your Apple TV from an unsupported country. However, not all VPNs are compatible with Disney Plus on Apple TV. This is why I have compiled a list of the best Disney Plus VPNs to watch in geo-restricted regions on Apple TV.
Quick Overview – Best three VPNs to Disney Plus on Apple TV in geo-restricted regions
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 servers globally, including those in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, ExpressVPN is one of the most popular VPN services. Fast servers, perfect anonymity, and maximum data leak prevention are all available.
- Surfshark: The Best Low-Cost VPN Disney Plus the US Offers over 3200 dedicated streaming servers to unblock nearly any geo-blocked channel.
- NordVPN: To watch Disney Plus from anywhere in the world, this VPN comes with a large number of servers is recommended. Unblock several Netflix regions with 5400+ servers in 59 locations.
Can I Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV in geo-restricted country using a free VPN?
No. This is due to the fact that no free VPN provider has smart DNS capabilities for connecting to devices that do not support VPN natively, such as Apple TV. As a result, using a free VPN to watch Disney+ on Apple TV in an unsupported country is not an option.
Is Disney Plus available on Apple TV?
Disney Plus is available for download on Apple TV via the Apple App Store. The App Store, however, is not available on previous Apple TV devices. If you own an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K, the App Store is already installed.
You won’t be able to download Disney Plus directly to an Apple TV 3 or earlier. You September, however, use AirPlay to cast content to your Apple TV from other compatible Apple iOS devices (such as your iPhone or iPad).
What other devices except for Apple TV I can watch Disney Plus?
Most devices, including desktop computers running Windows 10, Roku, LG TV, Chromebook and Chromecast, Kodi, Sony PlayStation 4 and Samsung Smart TV, iPhone and iPad, Android, and Xbox One, are compatible with Disney Plus. Disney Plus was not supposed to be available on Amazon devices at first but the two businesses have come to a deal, and Disney Plus is now available on Amazon Fire devices and smart TVs.
What can I watch on Disney Plus with Apple TV?
From ancient Disney animated movies like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to Disney Renaissance favorites like The Lion King and current Pixar features like Frozen and Frozen II, Disney Plus has a wide library of entertainment. On Disney Plus, you can also watch new live-action remakes of Disney films including Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella.
Here’s a list of Disney Plus content that you can choose from and watch on your Apple TV:
- Exclusive Disney Plus movies
- Disney Plus Animated films
- Disney Plus Animated series
- Star Wars movies and series
- Marvel movies and series
- Disney Plus Pixar movie
- Disney Plus Live-action movies
- Disney Plus TV movies
- Disney Plus Live-action series
Disney Plus is a must-have for Star Wars fans. Every Star Wars film, including The Rise of Skywalker, is available to stream on Disney Plus. There’s also the Disney Plus-exclusive Star Wars original series The Mandalorian.
If you prefer Marvel films, Disney Plus has you covered as well. On Disney Plus, you can view almost every Marvel film. Why not check out Marvel’s own Disney Plus exclusive series, WandaVision?
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Disney+ app.
- Go to the shows/movies you wish to download and click on them.
- Select the shows/movies you want to watch.
- A download option is located next to the Play Icon.
- When you press the download button, it will be added to the Download Queue.
Disney+ is the newest streaming service to reach the market among others, which means that Disney classics will be easier to find. You September watch Disney classics as well as additional stuff from the Star Wars and Marvel universes. What’s more, Disney+ is available on iOS and Apple TV devices, which makes it even better.
So, what are you waiting for? Follow my guideline to watch your favorite Disney Plus content on Apple TV.
Although if you still have some queries in your mind, then please do leave a message in the comment section, so I will come up with a similar idea next time!