Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can I get Disney Plus on Apple TV? Yes, you can easily get Disney Plus on Apple TV, with the help of a premium and reliable VPN, we recommend ExpressVPN. This blog is a thorough guide on using premium VPNs to get Disney Plus on Apple TV.
Are you on the lookout for how to get Disney Plus on Apple TV? You can get Disney Plus on Apple TV by using a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
The Walt Disney Company’s new video-on-demand service, Disney Plus, debuted in the United States and other regions late in 2019 and is now accessible in various additional markets. While you can watch Disney movies and original series on your Android smartphone, watching them on your big-screen TV is more fun.
Apple TV is the best streaming device available. you’re in luck if you have an Apple TV on hand. With over 100 million subscribers globally, Disney Plus has quickly become one of the top streaming services. So, if Disney Plus is available on Apple TV, it makes sense why!
The very first thing you should do is subscribe to Disney Plus. You can do this through the Disney Plus app for Android, but we recommend going to the Disney Plus official website instead. It costs $7.99 per month or $79.99 per year to subscribe to the service. (If you’re lucky, you might be able to get a free trial for seven days).
Without further ado, here’s How to install and watch Disney Plus on Apple TV in a jiffy.
How to Download Disney Plus on Apple TV [Easiest Guide in December 2023]
The procedure for getting Disney Plus is, as one could expect, incredibly basic and straightforward. Before you begin, ensure you have a Disney account set up so you can begin streaming immediately. Take a look at the simple way how to subscribe to Disney Plus on Apple TV before we tell you how to watch it.
How to Subscribe to Disney Plus on Apple TV [Quick Steps Dec 2023]
By following the below steps here’s how you can subscribe to Disney Plus on Apple TV;
- Using your iPhone, iPad, or PC, go to the Disney+ sign-up page (and web browser)
- Choose between a Buy Now option or a Start Free Trial.
- Fill in your email address and make a strong password.
- You will receive a free seven-day trial.
- If you don’t want to subscribe, you must cancel the trial before it expires because you’ll be charged $6.99 and will be charged every month until you cancel.
- After you’ve finished, a confirmation message will be sent to your email address.
- Go to your email inbox and look for the Disney Plus confirmation email.
- To confirm, click the link enclosed in the email.
Afterward, you’ll need to head to Apple TV and download the app. Here’s how you can.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV [Simple Steps in Dec 2023]
How to add Disney Plus to Apple TV? Follow these easy steps to get Disney on Apple TV:
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV’s home screen, which is only available on Apple TVs that are fourth-generation or later.
- Type “Disney Plus” into the search box provided, and when the app is located, click “Get” to begin the download.
- Return to your Apple TV’s home screen and navigate to the Disney Plus app icon, which you may access by clicking.
- To log in on your Apple TV, use the same username and password you used to sign up for your Disney Plus account on the internet.
- Find the show or movie you want to watch and start watching it.
What if your Apple TV has an older version?
How to get Disney Plus on old Apple TV? You won’t be able to download the Disney+ app if your Apple TV is older than the A1625. The most straightforward explanation is that these older devices do not have access to the App Store. If you possess one of these older Apple TVs, you can use AirPlay to connect your devices. Here’s how you can do it:
How to watch Disney Plus on Apple TV with AirPlay from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Here’s how to use AirPlay to watch Disney+ on an Apple TV from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac;
- Ensure your iPhone/iPad is on the same network as your ATV.
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Now select Wi-Fi to make a note of the network Check against the Apple TV.
- Open the Disney+ app.
- Now search for something to watch.
- Start playing the aforementioned thing.
- The AirPlay icon should be tapped (or clicked).
- Select the Apple TV on which you want to watch the video.
- Sit back and relax to watch Disney plus on Apple TV.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV in Geo-restricted Countries
As we all know Disney Plus is a geo-restricted streaming service that isn’t available in various countries including There’s nothing to worry about if you want to watch your favorite Disney Plus content because I’ve got your back! Here’s how you can do it!
The subscription and downloading process are exactly the same whether you want to watch it from a geo-restricted country or not. All you need to do is subscribe to a credible VPN. If you want to watch Disney Plus on Apple TV in a geo-restricted region, all you have to do is follow the below-mentioned steps before subscribing and downloading Disney Plus on Apple TV.
- Download and subscribe to a credible VPN (We highly recommend ExpressVPN because it is the best Disney Plus VPN).
- Open the VPN software and sign up/sign in with your account credentials.
- Select the USA server from the drop-down menu to mask your location.
Subscribe to ExpressVPN and start streaming Disney Plus in all these regions:
- Disney Plus in Philippines
- Disney Plus in Romania
- Disney Plus in Hongkong
- Disney Plus in New Zealand
- Disney Plus in Singapore
- Disney Plus in Germany
- Disney Plus in Thailand
Why do you need a VPN to watch Disney+ on your Apple TV in a geo-restricted region?
Your local IP address is assigned to the internet you are accessing. In order to stick to the set of content distribution restrictions, Disney+ employs IP tracking technology, which prevents users from accessing the service from locations where it is not available.
That’s why if you try to watch Disney Plus from outside of the supported countries, it will immediately ban your access based on your local IP address. It masks your current IP address and replaces it with one from a country where the Disney+ service is available, such as the United States.
This will fool the IP tracking system into thinking you’re in the United States, allowing you to watch Disney+ on your Apple TV from an unsupported country. However, not all VPNs are compatible with Disney Plus on Apple TV. I have compiled a list of the best Disney Plus VPNs to watch in geo-restricted regions on Apple TV.
Top 3 VPNs to Get Disney Plus on Apple TV in geo-restricted regions [Quick Overview – Dec 2023]
Take a look at this quick rundown of the 3 top VPNs to watch geo-restricted content like Disney Plus, Hulu, Amazon, and HBO on Apple TV from anywhere around the world.
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 servers globally, including those in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, ExpressVPN is one of the most popular VPN services. Fast servers, perfect anonymity, and maximum data leak prevention are all available.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries and 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Disney Plus in Germany which offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
Can I Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV in a geo-restricted country using a free VPN?
No. This is because no free VPN provider has smart DNS capabilities for connecting to devices that do not support VPN natively, such as Apple TV. As a result, using a free VPN to watch Disney+ on Apple TV in an unsupported country is not an option.
Is Disney Plus available on Apple TV?
Disney Plus is available for download on Apple TV via the Apple App Store. However, the App Store is unavailable on previous Apple TV devices. If you own an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K, the App Store is already installed.
You won’t be able to download Disney Plus directly to an Apple TV 3 or earlier. You can, however, use AirPlay to cast content to your Apple TV from other compatible Apple iOS devices (such as your iPhone or iPad).
What other devices, except for Apple TV I can watch Disney Plus?
What other devices can I watch Disney Plus on? Most devices, including desktop computers running Windows 10, Roku, LG TV, Chromebook and Chromecast, Kodi, Sony PlayStation 4 and Samsung Smart TV, iPhone and iPad, Android, and Xbox One, are compatible with Disney Plus. Disney Plus was not supposed to be available on Amazon devices at first but the two businesses have come to a deal, and Disney Plus is now available on Amazon Fire devices and smart TVs.
What can I watch on Disney Plus with Apple TV?
From ancient Disney animated movies like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to Disney Renaissance favorites like The Lion King and current Pixar features like Frozen and Frozen II, Disney Plus has a wide library of entertainment. On Disney Plus, you can also watch new live-action remakes of Disney films including Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella.
Here’s a list of Disney Plus content that you can choose from and watch on your Apple TV:
- Exclusive Disney Plus movies
- Disney Plus Animated films
- Disney Plus Animated series
- Star Wars movies and series
- Marvel movies and series
- Disney Plus Pixar movie
- Disney Plus Live-action movies
- Disney Plus TV movies
- Disney Plus Live-action series
Disney Plus is a must-have for Star Wars fans. Every Star Wars film, including The Rise of Skywalker, is available to stream on Disney Plus. There’s also the Disney Plus-exclusive Star Wars original series The Mandalorian.
If you prefer Marvel films, Disney Plus has you covered as well. On Disney Plus, you can view almost every Marvel film. Why not check out Marvel’s own Disney Plus exclusive series, WandaVision?
What other streaming services are available on Apple TV?
You can watch so many streaming sites on Apple TV:
- HBO Max
- Amazon Prime Video
- Peacock TV
- Youtube TV
- CBS All Access
FAQs on Disney Plus on Apple TV
How much is Disney Plus?
You can subscribe to Disney Plus monthly subscription for $7.99.
How to Airplay Disney Plus on Apple TV?
You can easily Airplay Disney Plus on Apple TV by tapping on the Airplay icon and mirroring your screen on Apple TV.
How to get Disney Plus on Apple TV 3rd Generation?
You cannot get Disney Plus on Apple TV 3rd Generation because it does not have an App Store. So you must upgrade to Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K.
Can I Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV?
You can watch Disney Plus on Apple TV by following my guidelines above.
Can I download Disney Plus content on my Apple TV to watch offline?
You can download your favorite series and movies for offline viewing by following these steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Disney+ app.
- Go to the shows/movies you wish to download and click on them.
- Select the shows/movies you want to watch.
- A download option is located next to the Play Icon.
- When you press the download button, it will be added to the Download Queue.
Why isn’t Disney Plus available on my Apple TV?
You won’t be able to download the Disney+ app if your Apple TV is older than the A1625. The most straightforward answer is that these older devices do not have access to the App Store.
How can I use the Apple TV App to view Disney+?
You can also link the Disney+ app to Apple’s TV app, allowing you to keep track of whatever you’re watching from Disney in the Up Next queue of the TV app. Disney+ episodes and movies will be advertised on TV’s Watch Now tab, where you can add them to your queue.
Can’t find the App Store on your Apple TV?
Apple TV does not have access to the App Store (3rd generation). Update your software if you want to get new apps for your Apple TV (3rd generation). Learn how to identify your Apple TV model if you’re not sure which one you have.
Disney+ is the newest streaming service to reach the market among others, which means that Disney classics will be easier to find. You can watch Disney classics as well as additional stuff from the Star Wars and Marvel universes. What’s more, Disney+ is available on iOS and Apple TV devices, which makes it even better.
So, what are you waiting for? Follow my guidelines to watch your favorite Disney Plus content on Apple TV.