Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Do you want to know how to watch Sky Sports Outside UK? I have got you covered! I’ll explain how to unblock Sky Sports Outside UK, as well as the best VPN for Sky Sports in 2021, letting you to watch your favorite sports from the comfort of their couch or even bed thanks to a dedicated app. So, without further ado, let’s get started:
How to watch Sky Sports Outside UK [Quick Guide]
To watch Sky Sports outside UK, simply follow the steps below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access Sky Sports service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Sky Sports Outside UK?
Your internet connection is initially forwarded to another location through a VPN. When you visit the Sky Sports website or use the Sky Sports app outside UK directly without using a VPN Sky Sports can identify you aren’t in the UK, they can easily block you because of licensing rights. Whenever you try to watch Sky Sports outside UK from anywhere in the world without a VPN, you will get the following geo-restricted message which is also known as Sky error 288:
“Sorry! The video you’re trying to watch cannot be viewed from your current country or location”
A VPN will assist you in watching Sky Sports Online by hiding your IP address and allowing you to connect to any of the servers in UK while accessing Sky Sports outside UK, making it look as if you are physically present in UK. With a VPN you will be able to bypass Sky Sports outside UK while fooling them that you’re trying to access Sky Sports from anywhere in the world.
Top 5 VPNs Watch Sky Sports outside UK [Quick Overview in May 2022]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch Sky Sports outside UK:
ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley. It offers is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 3 highly optimized servers in UK.
AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 best VPNs for watching Sky Sports outside UK:
To watch Sky Sports outside UK, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the three best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Sky Sports outside UK:
- You can unblock and access not just Sky Sports outside UK but also other British channels with ExpressVPN’s fast four UK-based servers in Dockland, Wembley, and London.
- ExpressVPN offers a 15-month subscription for $6.67/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee. However, ExpressVPN servers are well worth the money because of their security, privacy, speed, and reliability.
- It has 3000+ servers in 94+ countries. VPN apps for all key devices including Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, Windows, Routers, and more.
- Its fast speed servers for streaming, torrenting, and gaming with no lags VPN apps for all major devices and OS, including Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, Windows, and Routers.
- Allows up to 5 connections on any of the devices at the same time. Kill switch, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, Lightspeed protocols, and 256-bit AES encryption are among the top security features.
- MediaStreamer is a smart DNS solution for Roku, Smart TVs, Xbox, and other devices.
- For technical assistance, customer support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by chat, and email.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Watch Sky Sports outside UK
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature and split tunneling to protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to stream Sky Sports outside UK
- NordVPN is one of the fastest server providers and an easy-to-use option for unblocking Sky Sports outside UK and around the world.
- Its extensive network of 440+ UK servers, as well as the ability to connect up to six devices simultaneously, are sufficient grounds to place it among our top VPNs.
- It costs $3.71 a month for two years and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The technical support team of NordVPN is ready at all times to help subscribers.
- In 59 countries, there are over 5300 servers. NordVPN is able to unblock more than 400+ geo-restricted streaming networks with ease.
- This reliable VPN has user-friendly apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, Firestick, and VPN routers are available. Browser add-ons for NordVPN are available for Chrome and Firefox.
- TCP, L2TP, PPTP, NordLynx, IKEv2/IPsec Obfuscated servers, Double Encryption VPN, Onion over VPN, and anti-DDoS functions are all included in the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- For live sports streaming, there are no bandwidth constraints or buffering.
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN to Access Sky Sports outside UK
- Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPNs for unblocking Sky Sports.
- Surfshark costs $2.49 per month and comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Its three dedicated UK-based servers allow you to watch Sky Sports from anywhere in the world, without risk of being discovered and blacklisted by Sky tv servers.
- There are around 3200 servers in 65 countries. Three servers are located in the United Kingdom.
- With a single subscription, you can connect an unlimited number of devices.
- Data logging is strictly prohibited, and industry-standard encryption is used.
- It also features include 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, IPv6 leak protection, WebRTC, Whitelister, and CleanWeb. It also has customer support that is efficient and dependable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
AtlasVPN– Affordable VPN to access Sky Sports outside UK
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Can I use a Free VPN to watch Sky Sports outside UK?
Yes, you can but you should avoid using free VPNs because free VPNs are known for jeopardizing the security of your online connection. Although free VPN services appear to be highly appealing, there are numerous hidden concerns that can cause you significant harm when compared to the relatively low cost of a commercial VPN.
Aside from that, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to unblock Sky Sports or view live matches or shows without interruptions or advertisements. Instead of navigating this unsafe path, it is preferable to look for a premium VPN outside UK that I have mentioned above. So, I highly recommend you not to fall prey and risk your data security, no matter how much speed, quality, or privacy-free VPNs boast. There is a significant risk of data theft, malware, and hacking.
Can I watch Sky Sports in HD outside of the United Kingdom?
Absolutely! If you have one of the following subscriptions, you can watch Sky Sports in HD or 4K outside of the UK:
For BT Sport subscribers: there will be an additional monthly charge, you can watch Sky Sports in HD. Subscribers to Sky Sports can watch Sky Sports in HD if they have already purchased the Box Bundle Plan. However, if you have a Sky Q 2TB box, you can watch Sky Sports in HD or 4K. Subscribers to Now TV can watch Sky Sports in HD, depending on their internet bandwidth.
Compatible Devices to watch iTV outside UK
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch Sky Sports outside the UK:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch Sky Sports outside UK on your device
If you want to download Sky Sports app outside the United Kingdom on your devices then here’s how you can do it:
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Sky Sports app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Sky Sports is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United Kingdom in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Search for Sky Sports in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Sky Sports on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Sky Sports on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Sky Sports.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Sky Sports has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Sky Sports on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Sky Sports ” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Sky Sports. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United Kingdom after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Sky Sports add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Sky Sports on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to UK server.
- Enter the word ‘Sky Sports ’ and press enter.
- The ‘Sky Sports app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Sky Sports app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Sky Sports app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Sky Sports on Firestick outside UK.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a UK server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the Sky Sports app and you are done.
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Sky Sports app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the Sky Sports website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Sky Sports, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to watch on Sky Sports outside UK?
If you don’t have Sky Sport, you’re missing out on the NBA, NFL, and a lot more. The following is a complete list of events that can be seen on Sky Sports outside of the United Kingdom.
- Premier League
- ICC competitions
- Live coverage of all major sports events
- Formula 1® practice
- England Test Cricket
- La Liga
- Euro 2020
- International Rugby Union
- Rugby League
- Carabao Cup
- English Premier League
Can I Watch Sky Sports outside UK?
Yes, you can watch Sky Sports outside UK just by subscribing to a premium VPN and connecting to one of the UK servers. I highly recommend connecting to ExpressVPN.
How to cancel Sky Sports anytime outside UK?
You can cancel your Sky Sports subscription from outside the UK at any moment during the month and keep the service for the rest of the month without incurring any fees. Remember that you only have one month to try out the service.
Can I acquire Sky Sports for a month outside of the UK?
Yes, Sky Sports is available for a one-month trial outside of the United Kingdom. You can access Sky Sports for a month by purchasing a NOW TV pass for 47.84 USD (about 34.52 GBP).
Can I watch Sky Sports outside UK for free?
Yes, you can watch Sky Sports outside UK for free on some of the following streaming services:
There is nothin to worry about if Sky Sports is geo-restricted outside of the UK, you can still watch and enjoy your favorite sports by signing up for one of the VPNs listed above, which are well-known for delivering top-notch online protection. However, ExpressVPN is my top choice because it provides consistent fast speeds, excellent connectivity, and a wide range of options; it’s difficult to go wrong!