Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Is Sky Sports available in Australia? No, Sky Sports is not available in Australia unless you use a VPN. We recommendExpressVPN.
Can I watch Sky Sports in Australia? No, you cannot watch Sky Sports in Australia because it is geo-blocked in Australia due to privacy policies, so you need to subscribe to a premium VPN to access Sky Sports in Australia. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Sky Sports is a British sports channel operated by Sky group and is only available in the UK. But don’t you worry! We still have a way to access Sky sports in Australia.
It is a set of ten sports channels launched 30 years ago, in 1990. It is dominant in the region of the UK. Unfortunately, people living in Australia can not access Sky Sports in their area as it is geo-blocked. follow this blog to get the complete guide.
How to watch Sky Sports in Australia [Quick Guide January 2023]
To watch Sky Sports in Australia, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- But, first, subscribe to a premium VPN and sign up for it (We highly recommend ExpressVPN as it has the fastest servers in the UK).
- Download and Install the VPN app.
- Log in to the VPN app using your user ID and password.
- Go and select the UK server from the servers list.
- Visit the official website of Sky Sports, and you will have access to streaming your favorite sports.
Why is Sky sports geo-blocked in Australia?
Sky Sports is a well-known sports channel notable for its top-notch English Premier League, Cricket, Golf, Action, F1, and beforehand Wrestling live streams. Unfortunately, due to some geographical limitations, the government has restricted its access to the UK only. It is geo-blocked even in countries like Australia and the USA.
Why is a VPN necessary to watch Sky Sports in Australia?
Does Sky Sports work in Australia? No, Sky Sports doesn’t work in Australia that’s why you need to get a VPN, so you can access Sky Sports in Australia.
Sky Sports is a UK-based sports television network restricted outside the UK region due to copyright licensing issues. However, their network is strong enough to detect your IP address if you access it from Australia.
Whenever you try to watch Sky Sports in Australia without a VPN, you will get the following geo-restricted message:
“Sky Sports is only available to users connecting from within the UK or Republic of Ireland; unfortunately, we cannot confirm that you are within these territories at the moment. Please retry later.”
So, the only way to trick them is to use a premium VPN service with a UK IP address that can encrypt your internet traffic and hide your real identity. With a premium VPN, you can access Sky Sports in Australia, the USA, Canada, Germany, and other restricted regions.
Here are the 5 best VPNs to watch Sky Sports in Australia:
Top 5 VPNs to Watch Sky Sports in Australia [Quick Overview Jan 2023]
Can you get Sky Sports in Australia? Yes, you can get Sky Sports in Australia with the help of a premium VPN, here is the recommendation of 5 best VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in the UK. Its offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage, a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in the USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, highly secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- Surfshark: The best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Sky Sports in the UK or from anywhere in the world. It offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 optimized UKA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- NordVPN: This is reliable, with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries and 15 highly optimized servers in the UK. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month, a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Top 5 VPNs for watching Sky Sports in Australia [Detailed Guide Jan 2023]
Can you watch Sky Sports in Australia? Yes, you can watch Sky Sports in Australia, you require a VPN. Here is the list of the 5 best VPNs we have sorted out for you:
ExpressVPN – The Best and most Reliable VPN to Watch Sky Sports in Australia
- ExpressVPN has 3000 servers that control these IP addresses in 94 countries. As a result, it provides excessive speed to all its users.
- The built-in speed test in Express VPN lets you see how fast your VPN is going and gives you the surety to choose another server that works better for you easily. It has a total of 29 high-speed servers located around the United States.
- Additionally, Express VPN can form 5 simultaneous connections – so maybe your entire family can utilize it, or you can use it on your different gadgets, even at the same time.
- Their service assures that your activities remain anonymous at all times. Using 256-bit encryption and DNS leak protection means Express VPN does not store any activity logs for the users on its network.
- In addition, a kill switch feature says that if any VPN connection breaks down, it will not leak your data and save it in their VPN tunnel.
- The genuine stand-out assistance could be client support accessible every minute of every day. You can reach them by live chat or email; they are specialists and can discuss any technical issue.
- The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors, but it is worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is priced at $6.67 a month for an annual package that includes three months free. It does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Watch Sky Sports in Australia
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in Australia. Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, and split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
Surfshark – Low-budget VPN to Watch Sky Sports in Australia
- Surfshark has quickly grown to become one of the most popular VPNs, and the reason behind this is simple: it is easy to use, and you can connect unlimited devices with just one account.
- Surfshark’s jurisdiction is the British Virgin Islands which is already known for security surveillance.
- Surfshark provides smooth streaming without any buffering for its user interface.
- Surfshark also offers exceptionally high speed, and in terms of the server network, there are more than 1,800 servers spread across 66 countries.
- Surfshark offers the latest encryption technology that protects your data, and it has AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and WireGuard.
- In addition, Surfshark utilizes private DNS on their servers which adds an extra layer of protection to your data.
- Surfshark offers a great 24-month subscription plan for just $2.49 monthly, which undercuts just about every premium VPN. Check out their other subscription plans here.
NordVPN – The Most Reliable VPN to watch Sky Sports in Australia
- NordVPN is the most searched VPN. The reason is that Nord has been able to bypass severe Sky Sports restrictions and many other channels’ restrictions using its quality servers in the UK.
- NordVPN uses NordLynx tunneling protocol; which Nord developed itself, which provides extremely fast connections, wherever you are. It retains up to 90% of your connection speed and does not slow your pace down.
- NordVPN is located in Panama, which is very privacy-friendly. By default, it uses 256-bit AES encryption. Still, you can also enable a kill switch that assures you to fully secure your data, leaving no traces in their servers.
- NordVPN is the most reliable and cheaper than most VPNs. In addition, you can save a 68% discount while subscribing to their 24-monthly plan, which is $3.71/per month. Check out their more programs here.
AtlasVPN – Low-On-Pocket VPN to Watch Sky Sports in Australia
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options.
- It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- It also comes with a 30-day hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Can we watch Sky Sports in Australia using a Free VPN?
Yes, you can! But you should not. We have so many reasons to justify our statement. Here is why you should not use a free VPN:
- Sky Sports has already banned thousands of VPN IP addresses by tracking them to won’t work.
- Free VPN services provide very cheap servers to cut costs; they lag a lot.
- Free/cheap servers have the most traffic, so they’re very slow to use.
- Free VPNs interfere with your private data/information and threaten our privacy.
- Free VPNs bombard you with unnecessary ads that distract you from smooth streaming.
There are many other reasons too, but aren’t they enough? So, after knowing the reasons still, do you want to access a Free VPN? You can! But I won’t suggest you.
On the other hand, we have premium VPNs like Express VPN, We know it costs you, but it is worth the money as it provides security, fast connection, and safe servers compatible on almost every device.
Express VPN also allows you to stream other free sports streaming sites in their particular restricted regions.
Sky Sports Device Compatibility in Australia
Following are the devices that are compatible with watching Sky Sports in Australia:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to Watch Sky Sports in Australia on Android
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the Sky sports app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Sky sports is now available on your Android device.
How to Download Sky Sports in Australia on iOS
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for Sky Sports in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows.
How to Watch Sky Sports in Australia on Roku
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the UK server.
- Insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Sky Sports on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How to Watch Sky Sports in Australia on PS3/PS4
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Sky Sports on PS3/PS4:
- First, go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- Then, from the list of alternatives, look for “Sky Sports.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Then, add SKY SPORTS to your “My Channels” list.
How to Watch Sky Sports in Australia on Xbox
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Sky Sports on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Next, search for “SKY SPORTS” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Click the “Install” button.
How Can I get Sky Sports in Australia on Kodi?
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Sky Sports. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the SKY SPORTS add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Unblock Sky Sports in Australia on FireStick
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Sky Sports on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources, download ExpressVPN, and connect to the UK server.
- Enter the word ‘Sky Sports’ and press enter.
- The ‘Sky Sports’ app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- Download the app after you click ‘Get.
- After you install the Sky Sports app, open it.
- Open the Sky Sports app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Sky Sports on Firestick in Australia.
How to Access Sky Sports in Australia on Apple TV
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a UK server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the SKY SPORTS app.
How to Stream Sky Sports in Australia on Smart TV
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Sky Sports app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How to Watch Sky Sports in Australia on PC
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the Sky Sports website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- 4. If you’re still having trouble watching Sky Sports, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
How Do You Pay For Sky Sports In Australia?
The streaming service is not free; there are several subscription plans to choose from.
With a regular subscription, you’ll be able to access all the Sky Sports channels for AUD 32.48 a month. It used to be AUD 54.13, so you can consider this a deal.
There are packages exclusively for mobile users as well. Package 1 would be AUD 10.81 every 30 days. It won’t include all the channels under the streaming service, but a good chunk would be available. These include Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports Premier League, and Sky Sports News.
The second plan for mobile users will be AUD 19.83 a month. It includes all the channels in plan one as well as Sky Sports Cricket, Football, Golf, and F1.
What to watch on Sky Sports in Australia?
Here is the complete list of the sports channels you can watch on Sky Sports in Australia.
- Premier League
- ICC competitions
- International Rugby Union
- Rugby League
- Carabao Cup
- La Liga
- Euro 2020
- Live coverage of all major sports events
- Formula 1® practice
- England Test Cricket
Top Trending on Sky Sports in Australia:
Can we watch Sky Sports in Australia with HD Quality?
Yes definitely! You can watch Sky Sports in Australia with HD quality or 4K if you have any one of the following subscriptions:
- For BT Sport Subscribers: You can watch the Sky Sports HD channel for extra monthly fees
- For Sky Sport Subscribers:& You can watch Sky Sports in HD if you have already bought the Box Bundle Plan. But you can get Sky Sports in HD or 4K if you have Sky Q 2TB box.
- For Now TV Subscribers: Sky Sports can easily be watched in HD if you are connected to a good internet speed; it completely depends on that.
Watch EPL Matches 2023 Online
This is the year for sports, as the English Premier League 2023 event is starting again after a year-long break due to the pandemic. All matches will be available for live streaming online as only a few strengths are allowed in the stadium for live viewing. The 380 matches in total will continue for the rest of this year and 2022 as well.
FAQs on Sky Sports in Australia
We have tried our best to be clear to you all but still, if you have some questions in your mind, go through this section it might help you:
For example, how much does Sky Sports in Australia cost?
The starting package costs 33.73 AUD, while the premium will cost you 41.52 AUD. You have to pay in advance to enjoy its service for a month.
Can I watch Sky Sports on my laptop?
If you are using a Macbook or PC, you need to download Sky’s new desktop video player application to watch the Sky Sports channels and Catch Up on-demand video content. When you click to watch a video, you will be shown a pop-up asking if you are a new or existing user.
Can I cancel Sky Sports subscription anytime?
You can cancel the Sky Sports subscription whenever you want, without any cancellation fees. You will still be able to access all the content for the remaining time until your subscription period ends, by the way.
Is there any update on Sky Sports coming to Australia?
Sadly, there are no updates regarding Sky Sports being officially released in Australia. But you can always use a VPN to enjoy it until it has permission to access Australia.
Watching Sky Sports in Australia is not too difficult. All you need is to be careful while accessing the site, as it is geo-restricted in Australia. Using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN lets you have the fastest servers in Australia. Have fun! and enjoy smooth streaming of your favorite sports channels. 🙂