Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Since BFI Player is geo-restricted outside UK, you can watch BFI Player in Canada if you are connected to a premium VPN. So keep reading to find out the best BFI Player VPNs in Canada for secure access.
BFI Player is a popular streaming website that allows you to watch all of the best British movies and shows for free, but it is only available in the United Kingdom. Luckily, you can stream BFI Player in Canada by using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to change your IP address. So, keep reading to find more about the entire process!
How to watch BFI Player in Canada [Quick Guide]
Follow the below steps to watch BFI Player in Canada:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access BFI Player service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch BFI Player in Canada?
Just like other British streaming services, Channel 4, Channel 5, and including BFI Player, are geo-blocked, which means that you can only access them if you live in the UK. However, due to streaming rights and content distribution restrictions, it is only available in the UK. As a result, if you try to access BFI Player in Canada, you will see the following error message:
“Location not authorized BFI Player films cannot be played outside of the UK”
A VPN allows you to replace your current IP address with one from the United Kingdom. This will fool the BFI service into thinking you live in the UK, allowing you to access its content. Not only that, but it also allows you to watch Peacock TV, Channel 4 in Canada, as well as BBC iPlayer, My5, ITV, and other networks and sports channels, such as BeIN Sports, Kayo Sports and others.
Top 3 VPNs Watch BFI Player in Canada [Quick Overview in Oct 2022]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPNs to watch BFI Player in Canada:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley. It offers is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 3 highly optimized servers in UK.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3 Best VPNs for watching BFI Player in Canada
To watch BFI Player in Canada, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the 3 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch BFI Player in Canada
- For ultimate anonymity, the company additionally supports Tor over VPN, as well as an Internet Kill Switch service to keep your connection secure at all times.
- ExpressVPN also has a Smart DNS service for users who merely want to mask their location, as well as a Tor website if you don’t want the fact that you used a VPN site to be recorded elsewhere.
- It possesses almost 3000+ servers available worldwide, that’s why it’s the topmost choice of users to unblock BFI Player but the thing that mostly triggers the users is the pricing strategy.
- Express VPN has 20+ servers located in various regions of UK, and it’s a big benchmark for them as a service provider. The number of servers located in various countries around the world has an AES 256-bit encryption technique installed in them securing the user’s privacy and security.
- The pricing plan starts at $6.67 per month for a year, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the services.
- ExpressVPN offers over 3000 servers throughout the world and is known for its speed, security, price, performance, and optimum server connectivity.
- With highly secure security methods like the AES-256 bit encryption technology, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and others, you can unblock geo-restricted websites.
- A live chat option is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for immediate customer service, as well as browser extensions with high device compatibility.
- Windows, Android, MAC, and other TV platforms are all supported, allowing viewers to watch their favorite shows online!
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to unblock BFI Player in Canada
- Surfshark is another well-known VPN that is known for its high-speed attribute, and number of various servers located in various countries and cities.
- Speed is the core attribute of this VPN, and it makes it admissible for the users to surf the Internet without any discrepancies.
- Surfshark is basically having 3200+ servers located in 61+ countries worldwide, and all of them have AES 256-bit encryption protocol that secures the user’s data from being hacked and blocks third-party access.
- Zero-log is present in Surfshark as well with IP leaks, and DNS servers to ensure that there is no third-party involvement in the process.
- A 24/7 online chat feature, make it viable for the users to get their queries resolved from the higher tier of the company instantly.
- The most prominent feature is the pricing package, which starts from $2.49/month exclusively for 2-years with 30 day money back guarantee.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Access BFI Player in Canada
- It provides high-speed internet, ultra-fast connections, 100% uptime, six concurrent connections, and dedicated IP addresses.
- The encrypted layers and security protocols allow customers to spend time over the internet fearlessly.
- An AES-256 bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log policies make the connection viable and gain the confidence of customers that they’re performing encrypted activities over the internet.
- The Onion cover VPN from NordVPN is a positive in this case. No cookies are stored, AES encryption is used to encrypt data, IP addresses are masked, and data breaches are prevented using clever DNS leak protection.
- A 24/7 Live Chat option enables the users to instantly respond to their queries, with high bandwidth and device support for six devices at a time.
- NordVPN pricing packages start from $3.71, per month, for 2-years.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch BFI Player in Canada?
Free VPNs are known for risking the security of your online connection. Therefore, you should avoid them. When compared to the comparatively low cost of a commercial VPN, free VPN services look to be quite enticing. However, there are a number of hidden risks that might cause you serious harm.
So, regardless of how much speed, quality, or privacy-free VPNs boast, I strongly recommend you not to fall prey and endanger your data security. Data theft, viruses, and hacking are all serious threats. Apart from that, there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to unblock BFI Player in Canada without interruptions or commercials. Instead of taking this risky route, I recommend looking for a premium VPN in Canada, such as the ones I have mentioned above.
How to subscribe to BFI Player in Canada ?
If you live in Canada, follow the steps below to sign up for BFI Player.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and connect to one of the UK servers.
- Head over to the official website of BFI Player and click on the ‘Sign up‘ button.
- Enter your credentials, if you want a free subscription, then simply click ‘Accept’ at the end and you’ll be ready to go. However, if you want to pay for a subscription, you must choose one of the subscription packages, Monthly and Annually.
- BFI offers two subscription options: choose one of the options or enter a gift card number, if you have any.
- To get the paid version of BFI Player, enter your credit card information and click ‘Subscribe.’
- Voila, you have successfully subscribed to BFI Player in Canada to have access to its unlimited British content.
Compatible Devices to watch BFI Player in Canada
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch BFI Player in Canada:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch BFI Player in Canada on your device
If you want to download BFI Player app in Canada on your devices then here’s how you can do it:
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for BFI Player app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, BFI Player is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for BFI Player in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select BFI Player on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BFI Player on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “BFI Player”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- BFI Player has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BFI Player on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games apps.”
- Search for “BFI Player” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with BFI Player I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the UK after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the BFI Player add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BFI Player on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to UK server.
- Enter the word ‘BFI Player’ and press enter.
- The ‘BFI Player app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the BFI Player app has been installed, open it.
- Open the BFI Player app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching BFI Player on Firestick in Canada.
For Apple TV Users
Because Apple TV lacks a dedicated VPN software, users will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on their devices to watch BFI in Canada. We’ve included all of the instructions for installing Media Streamer below.
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to automatically register your IP address.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page. Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customise its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the BFI app. BFI is now available on your Apple TV!
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the BFI Player app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the BFI Player website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching BFI Player, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to watch on BFI Player in Canada?
Below is the list of some of the best content available on BFI Player in Canada:
- Paris, Texas
- The Draughtsman’s Contract
- Winter Sleep
- One Deadly Summer
- A Bigger Splash
- Cinema Paradiso
- Knives Out
- The Beast
- The New Girlfriend
- Port of Call
- The Third Wife
- Winter Sleep
- A Bigger Splash
- Knives Out
- Chico Rita
- The Personal History of David Copperfield
- The Lighthouse
- And Then We Danced
- Little Joe
- La Dolce Vita
- The Red Shoes
FAQs on BFI Player in Canada
Even though BFI Player is geo-restricted outside of the United Kingdom, you can still watch and enjoy your favourite British content in Canada by using one of the VPNs listed above, which are well-known for providing top-notch online security. However, ExpressVPN is my top choice since it offers consistently fast speeds, good connectivity, and a wide range of settings; it’s difficult to go wrong with it when watching BFI Player in Canada.