Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Yes, VPN is the only way to access BFI Player outside the UK because it is geo-restricted and you cannot access it anywhere outside the UK. So, in this guide, I am going to show you the 3 best VPNs that can help you bypass BFI Player geo-restriction policies and watch BFI Player outside UK without any interruption. So, here’s how you can do it!
How to watch BFI Player outside UK in 2022 [Quick Guide]
To watch BFI Player outside the UK, simply follow the steps below:
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch BFI Player outside UK?
Just like other British streaming services, Channel 4, Channel 5, and including BFI Player, are geo-blocked, which means that you can only access them if you live in the UK. However, due to streaming rights and content distribution restrictions, it is only available in the UK. As a result, if you try to access BFI Player outside UK, you will see the following error message:
“Location not authorized BFI Player films cannot be played outside of the UK”.
With a VPN you will be able to bypass BFI Player outside UK while fooling them that you’re trying to access BFI Player from within the UK. You can also use this method to access other geo-restricted platforms outside UK, such as Eurosports outside UK, Channel 4 outside UK, BBC iPlayer outside UK, and many others!
Top 5 VPNs Watch BFI Player outside UK [Quick Overview in 2022]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch BFI Player outside UK:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch BFI Player outside UK or from anywhere in the world. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley with user-friendly apps and high-end encryption. The price that ExpressVPN offers is $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This is a low-cost VPN for BBC iPlayer that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 3 highly optimized servers in UK, and unlimited simultaneous connections. It is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs for watching BFI Player outside UK:
To watch BFI Player outside UK, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the 5 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch BFI Player outside UK
ExpressVPN far outperforms the competitors in terms of service quality and level of support. The provider is based in the British Virgin Islands and offers a network of up to 2000 servers that consumers can connect to.
Security is always assured because of their 256-bit AES military-grade encryption, and anonymity is always guaranteed thanks to their zero-logging policy. Users can connect to the service up to three times at once, and it supports OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, IKEv2, PPTP, and SSTP as VPN protocols.
ExpressVPN also features a responsive customer care team that can be reached by social media, live chat, or email, as well as a selection of obfuscated servers for customers in censored zones. For ultimate anonymity, the company additionally supports Tor over VPN, as well as an Internet Kill Switch service to keep your connection secure at all times. You can unblock BT Sport outside UK, and Sky Go outside UK, and other channels with this VPN.
ExpressVPN also has a Smart DNS service for users who merely want to mask their location, as well as a Tor website if you don’t want the fact that you used a VPN site to be recorded elsewhere.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access BFI Player outside the UK
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – The most Reliable VPN to watch BFI Player outside the UK
NordVPN is another excellent option that has a significant advantage over the competition. it provides a large number of server locations to choose from, with over 4000 servers. Panama is where the provider’s headquarters are located.
This means it’s a safe haven because there are no data regulatory agencies to answer to. This implies they’ll be able to stick to their zero-logging policy with ease. NordVPN also uses 256-bit AES encryption, which is the industry standard. It’s bolstered by some of their standout features, such as double VPN encryption.
Because of their double encryption system, user data is routed through two servers instead of one, boosting security. NordVPN also has a collection of stealth servers available for consumers in heavily banned areas.
Not to mention products like CyberSec and SmartPlay available to members. NordVPN also offers dedicated IPs, which allow customers to have a single IP address given to them. This reduces the likelihood of the virtual IP being identified.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Watch BFI Player outside UK
Another excellent option for unblocking BFI Films in the UK is Surfshark. It has over 3200 servers in 65 different locations, including London, Glasgow, and Manchester. Surfshark also integrates with BBC iPlayer in USA and other streaming services such as BBC iPlayer in Canada, BBC iPlayer in Ireland, and So on!
Another amazing feature of Surfshark is that it supports an unlimited number of simultaneous connections, allowing you to use BFI Player on various devices and share it with friends and family.
Moreover! You can connect an unlimited number of devices with a single subscription. The usage of industry-standard encryption is strongly prohibited, and data logging is also prohibited. 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, IPv6 leak protection, WebRTC, Whitelister, and CleanWeb are also included. It also features efficient and dependable client service. 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access BFI Player outside UK
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
What BFI Player?
BFI Player is a VOD British internet streaming service that has a wonderful selection of vintage films to suit your binge-watching needs providing instant access to critically acclaimed classic, cult, and archive films. Thousands of films from the British Film Institute’s National Archive are now available to watch for free online. This English video service provides 1000 hours of free content to view, as well as premium and rental content that provides access to extra content.
However, you won’t be able to access BFI Player outside UK because of its geo-restrictions. To help you bypass them and access BFI Player outside UK, take a look at the 3 best VPNs that can help you watch BFI Player outside UK.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch BFI Player outside UK?
Free VPNs are known for risking the security of your online connection. Therefore, you should avoid them. When compared to the comparatively low cost of a commercial VPN, free VPN services look to be quite enticing. However, there are a number of hidden risks that might cause you serious harm.
So, regardless of how much speed, quality, or privacy-free VPNs boast, I strongly recommend you not to fall prey and endanger your data security. Data theft, viruses, and hacking are all serious threats. Apart from that, there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to unblock BFI Player outside UK without interruptions or commercials. Instead of taking this risky route, I recommend looking for a premium VPN outside UK, such as the ones I have mentioned above.
How to subscribe to BFI Player outside UK?
If you live outside of the United Kingdom, follow the steps below to sign up for BFI Player.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and connect to one of the UK servers.
- Head over to the official website of BFI Player and click on the ‘Sign up’ button.
- Enter your credentials, if you want a free subscription, then simply click ‘Accept‘ at the end and you’ll be ready to go. However, if you want to pay for a subscription, you must choose one of the subscription packages, Monthly and Annually.
- BFI offers two subscription options: choose one of the options or enter a gift card number, if you have any.
- To get the paid version of BFI Player, enter your credit card information and click ‘Subscribe‘.
- Voila, you have successfully subscribed to BFI Player outside UK to have access to its unlimited British content.
Compatible Devices to watch BFI Player outside UK
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch BFI Player outside UK:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch BFI Player outside UK on your device
If you want to download BFI Player app outside UK on your devices then here’s how you can do it:
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for BFI Player app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, BFI Player is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for BFI Player in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select BFI Player on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BFI Player on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “BFI Player”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- BFI Player has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BFI Player on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps“.
- Search for “BFI Player” in the “Xbox Store”.
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with BFI Player I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the UK after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the BFI Player add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BFI Player on your Firestick device:
- Start up your Firestick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to UK server.
- Enter the word ‘BFI Player’ and press enter.
- The ‘BFI Player app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the BFI Player app has been installed, open it.
- Open the BFI Player app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching BFI Player on Firestick outside UK.
For Apple TV Users
Because Apple TV lacks a dedicated VPN software, users will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on their devices to watch BFI Player outside UK. We’ve included all of the instructions for installing Media Streamer below.
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to automatically register your IP address.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page. Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customise its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the BFI app. BFI is now available on your Apple TV!
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the BFI Player app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the BFI Player website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching BFI Player, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to watch on BFI Player outside UK?
Below is the list of some of the best content available on BFI Player outside UK:
- Paris, Texas
- The Draughtsman’s Contract
- Winter Sleep
- One Deadly Summer
- A Bigger Splash
- Cinema Paradiso
- Knives Out
- The Beast
- The New Girlfriend
- Port of Call
- The Third Wife
- Winter Sleep
- A Bigger Splash
- Knives Out
- Chico & Rita
- The Personal History of David Copperfield
- The Lighthouse
- And Then We Danced
- Little Joe
- La Dolce Vita
- The Red Shoes
FAQs on BFI Player Outside UK
Is the BFI player outside UK available for free?
The BFI provides both free and paid memberships. The free account has a restricted number of movies and titles to choose from, whereas the subscription account offers hundreds. BFI Player is available for £4.99 per month. A 14-day free trial is also available.
Is BFI available on Roku?
Yes, the BFI Player can be found on Roku. It’s available on the Roku Channel.
Can I download movies from the BFI Player outside UK?
BFI Player does not allow you to download movies. To enjoy BFI Player content from anywhere, you’ll need internet connectivity, a VPN, and BFI Player-compatible devices.
What Does the BFI Player Free Collection Include?
The BFI Player free collection comprises archive films from the BFI National Archive, as well as UK national, regional, and partner archives, that highlight the best shorts and features. All green-labeled titles on the BFI Player website or app are free to watch.
Can I watch BFI Player outside UK?
Technically, BFI Player isn’t available outside UK but you can access it by using one of the premium VPN that I have mentioned above, such as ExpressVPN.
Even though BFI Player is geo-restricted outside of the UK, you can still watch and enjoy your favorite British content just by signing up for one of the VPNs listed above, which are well-known for delivering top-notch online protection. However, ExpressVPN is my top recommendation because it provides consistent fast speeds, excellent connectivity, and a wide range of options; it’s difficult to go wrong! If you have any more questions, please post them in the comments section below.