Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can you watch BT sports Outside UK? No, you cannot watch BT sports outside UK because it is geo-restrcited. However, to watch BT Sports outside UK you will need a VPN with servers from the UK.
Is BT Sports available outside UK? No, BT sports is not available due to geo-restrictions. Thus, to unblock BT sports outside UK or from anywhere you will have to use a VPN.
How to BT Sports Outside UK [Quick Guide in September 2022]
To watch BT Sports Outside UK, simply follow the steps below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access BT Sports service and start streaming.
Now you know how to watch BT Sports Outside UK, keep reading to discover additional information about BT Sports.
Why BT Sport is geo-restricted outside UK?
You can watch BT Sport outside UK, and the most straightforward way to do so is to subscribe to a credible VPN. You can also watch web content from all across the world, even geo-restricted entertainment services like BT Sport, if you use a VPN.
However, the channel itself is geographically restricted that’s why its content can only be watch inside the confines of their respective territories. This is why you won’t be able to watch BT Sport in the United States or anywhere else in the world. If you try to watch BT Sport outside of the UK, you’ll get an error message that says:
“Sorry, this video is not available in your country”
Quick Overview – 5 Best VPNs to Watch BT Sport outside UK
- ExpressVPN: Fast speeds and secure and reliable unblocking of the most popular UK streaming sites. With hundreds of fast servers to unblock BT Sports virtually everywhere. Privacy and security are assured. It offers It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley, at the price of $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: It provides lightning-fast speeds and unblocks a large number of streaming sites. Strong security and respect for your privacy. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included at no risk. You can get NordVPN’s 5200+ servers from 60 countries for just $3.67/month for its 2-year package.
- Surfshark: It is a fantastic low-cost option. This VPN prioritizes privacy and unblocks a variety of geo-restricted services. Provides fast bandwidth, tight security, and the ability to secure all of your devices simultaneously. Surfshark is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs for watching BT Sport outside UK:
There are many VPN service providers on the market, making it difficult to choose one. However, there are a few things to consider before choosing a VPN provider and luckily, we have listed the five best VPNs to watch BT Sports outside UK considering their main factors:
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch BT Sport outside UK
For ultimate anonymity, the company additionally supports Tor over VPN, as well as an Internet Kill Switch service to keep your connection secure at all times. ExpressVPN also has a Smart DNS service for users who merely want to mask their location, as well as a Tor website if you don’t want the fact that you used a VPN site to be recorded elsewhere.
It possesses almost 3000+ servers available worldwide, that’s why it’s the topmost choice of users to unblock BT Sports in USA but the thing that mostly triggers the users is the pricing strategy. Express VPN has 20+ servers located in various regions of UK, and it’s a big benchmark for them as a service provider. The number of servers located in various countries around the world has an AES 256-bit encryption technique installed in them securing the user’s privacy and security.
The pricing plan starts at $6.67 per month for a year, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the services. With highly secure security methods like the AES-256 bit encryption technology, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and others, you can unblock geo-restricted websites. A live chat option is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for immediate customer service, as well as browser extensions with high device compatibility.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access BT Sport outside the UK
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to watch BT Sport outside UK
It offers lightning-fast speeds as well as strong encryption. Many online streaming services. The organization has been in operation for more than a decade, which has aided in the delivery of a successful solution. It’s an excellent option for users seeking a quick VPN that meets all of the industry’s security requirements.
NordVPN adheres to a strict no-logs policy. It doesn’t keep track of user sessions, traffic, or timestamps in any way. This policy has previously served it well. The corporation acknowledges that it has been solicited by government authorities for consumer data, but said there was nothing on its servers. With NordVPN you can also unblock Channels4 Outside UK, Eurosport Outside UK and BBC iPlayer in Canada, and many others.
The company has over 5,500 servers in 59 locations, making it a reliable option for a wide range of online activities. In the United Kingdom alone, there are 672 server sites. Power users will like the fact that it assists you in selecting a server that is tailored to your unique needs, such as anti-DDoS, video streaming, double VPN, Tor over VPN, or dedicated IP. It encrypts all traffic with the 256-bit AES algorithm and 2,048-bit SSL keys with turned-on DNS leak protection.
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN to Watch BT Sport outside UK
Because of its user-friendly interfaces and simple toggleable choices, is a low-cost provider that offers a variety of complex services without becoming overwhelming. It’s ideal for enjoying BT Sport on the go, with high enough bandwidth for streaming and no connection limit.
This VPN is headquartered in the British Virgin Islands and adheres to a rigorous no-logs policy. As a result, the corporation isn’t required to retain any logs and, even if it wanted to, couldn’t reveal anything about your activity.
256-bit encryption, protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, a kill button, and automatic malware scanning are among the security features. There are over 3,200 servers to choose from (in 63 countries), with some rerouting your traffic many times for even more secrecy.
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access BT Sport outside UK
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices. It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
What is BT Sports?
BT Sport is British Telecom’s online streaming service specially dedicated to sports. BTSport 1, BTSport 2, BTSport Europe, and ESPN are available sports networks. All major sporting events, including the Champions League, Bundesliga, MLS, UFC, Serie A, Volkanovski vs. Ortega, Premier League, and other sporting events are broadcast on these stations. However, its services are only available in the United Kingdom.
Why Do You Need a VPN to watch BT Sport outside UK?
You may solve the geo-restriction issue by connecting to the internet through a VPN every time you wish to watch BT Sport video. If you access BT Sport from outside the UK, your internet location (IP address) is sent to the BT Sport server, which bans you from watching the channel.
That’s when a VPN substitutes your IP address with one of its own. Your ISP or streaming service will be unable to track your location in this manner. You may watch live broadcasts of your favorite sporting events from anywhere in the world after you obtain a UK IP address.
How to Subscribe to BT Sport outside UK?
This subscription-based sports streaming service is only available in the United Kingdom and requires a UK credit card. If you don’t have one, you can ask a friend or family member in the UK to subscribe for you. Here’s how you can subscribe to BT Sport with a UK credit card:
- Click on ‘Buy Monthly Pass’ on the BT Sport website.
- Fill in your email address and password.
- Enter a UK postal code as well as payment information.
- That’s it! You have successfully subscribed to BT Sports outside UK.
Can I Use Free VPN to Watch BT Sport outside UK?
A premium VPN is always preferred over a free VPN. Paid VPN services are reliable and secure. Furthermore, as compared to free VPN they provide a greater level of service. The free VPN services do not offer high-quality content or ease of use. They don’t have the operating systems they’ll need to back up their work, and using them is inconvenient.
Rather than relying on a free VPN, it’s well worth the money to invest in a reliable VPN that will work the first time and even allow you to virtually access geo-restricted platforms from anywhere in the world.
Compatible Devices to watch BT Sports outside UK
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch BT Sports outside UK:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch BT Sports outside UK on your device
If you want to download BT Sports app outside UK on your devices then here’s how you can do it:
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for BT Sports app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, BT Sports is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for BT Sports in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select BT Sports on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BT Sports on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “BT Sports”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- BT Sports has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BT Sports on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps“.
- Search for “BT Sports” in the “Xbox Store”.
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with BT Sports I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the UK after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the BT Sports add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download BT Sports on your Firestick device:
- Start up your Firestick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to UK server.
- Enter the word ‘BT Sports’ and press enter.
- The ‘BT Sports app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the BT Sports app has been installed, open it.
- Open the BT Sports app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching BT Sports on Firestick outside UK.
For Apple TV Users
Because Apple TV lacks a dedicated VPN software, users will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on their devices to watch BT Sport outside UK. We’ve included all of the instructions for installing Media Streamer below.
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to automatically register your IP address.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page. Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the BT Sports app. BT Sports is now available on your Apple TV!
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the BT Sports app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the BT Sports website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching BT Sports outside UK, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to Watch on BT Sports outside UK?
BT Sports provides a wide range of fantastic Sports shows and events. Here’s a list of sports that you will find on BT Sports outside UK after subscribing to a credible VPN:
- American Football
- Gallagher Premiership
- Heineken Champions Cup
- Premier League
- Europa League
- Saturday Morning Savage
- Europa Conference League
- European Challenge Cup
- Premiership Rugby Cup
- Ligue 1
- The National League
Watch English Premier League 2022 on BT Sports outside UK
The Premier League season is almost here, and we’ve got you covered on all fronts to keep up with the drama as it unfolds during another thrilling season. This season, BT TV is the only channel to watch every televised game from the English Premier League, and we’ve got all the details for the upcoming games below. In addition to the 52 matches unique to BT Sport.
FAQs on BT Sports Outside UK
Can I watch BT Sport outside the UK?
Yes, you can watch BT Sports with the use of a VPN. To watch BT Sport outside the UK, simply choose a British server from the list.
Can I watch BT Sports outside UK for free?
Using a free VPN service, you may watch BT Sport for free. However, a commercial VPN is preferable than a free VPN since it provides a higher level of protection.
How to watch BT Sports on Sky TV?
To watch BT Sport on Sky, go to Sky TV and sign up for one of the two packages that include BT Sport. After that, sign up for a VPN, connect to its UK servers, and you’re good to go. BT Sport is now available on Sky.
Can I stream BT Sport outside UK remotely?
You can watch BT Sport on your PC after acquiring it through our online player at btsport.com. To watch online, you’ll need a BT Sports ID, which will serve as the username and password for the online player.
If you are one of those sports enthusiasts residing outside the United Kingdom, then your wish to get your hands on the heaven of Sports has been granted to you. All thanks to the best VPN services that I have mentioned above, along with a detailed guide on how you can use a VPN to watch BT Sport outside UK.