Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Are you traveling outside the UK and wondering if you will miss your favorite shows on ITV as ITV in UK is geo-restricted? Then, don't worry! We have got you covered, Subscribe to a premium VPN, and there you go!.
Are you looking for a way to stream ITV content from abroad? Unfortunately, ITV outside UK is geo-restricted due to licensing issues. As a result, viewers can access its content through only one medium, a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
ITV is a British commercial streaming channel that is exclusively available in UK. Every streaming channel has some limitations imposed by the country’s government so that there are no copyrights issues; that’s why ITV is geo-blocked outside the UK.
To find out the solution of how to access ITV outside UK, follow the below-mentioned steps:
How to watch ITV Outside UK [Easy Steps in 2022]
What is ITV?
ITV is the UK’s biggest commercial free-to-air streaming station, and it has many great shows to watch, such as Family Guy, The Bay, and Unforgotten, that are available on its web-based streaming service called ITV player. Furthermore, You can watch live and on-demand British TV shows on ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, CITV, and ITV.
Why do you Need a VPN to Watch ITV Outside UK?
ITV is only available in the UK; you’ll need a VPN to unblock the geo-restrictions. VPNs will help you bypass the limitations and enhance your online privacy by encrypting your traffic changing your IP address.
Whenever you try to access ITV outside UK without a VPN, you’ll get the following restricted message:
“Sorry! This video isn’t available right now. Check out our Shows section for more great programs.”
Since ITV is geo-blocked outside UK, you will need a VPN with a huge range of servers in UK that can mask your real identity and let you trick them by showing your presence in UK.
Quick Overview: Top 5 VPNs to Stream ITV Outside UK
Take a look at the brief summary of the five top VPNs to watch ITV outside UK:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley. It offers $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial and a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: It is a bandwidth and a well-known VPN for unblocking geo-restricted platforms with with more than 440+ servers in UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.30 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This low-cost VPN that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 3 highly optimized servers in UK, and unlimited simultaneous connections. It is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to choose the Best VPN to Watch ITV Outside UK?
If you’re new to VPNs, you might be struggling to decide which service is right for you. We recommend choosing a reliable and secure VPN so that no matter what you stream online, your data will be protected. That’s why we’ve got you covered with the checklist below:
- Have the potential to unblock major streaming platforms and channels.
- Holds a vast range of US servers to unblock global content and sites.
- Speed is fast enough to stream videos in high quality without lagging.
- It must have a strict no-logs policy and provide strong encryption to protect your data.
- It offers a money-back guarantee so you can avail of the subscription for a trial before subscribing.
- Finally, it gives the best customer service to solve any query.
5 Best Recommended VPNs for watching iTV outside UK [Updated Oct 2022]
Team Rantent have tested 50+ VPNs and sorted out 5 best VPNs for streaming iTV outside UK:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch iTV outside UK
- Built-in speed: Express VPN has a feature of its internet speed test that allows you to check your web speed. Their fastest servers are operating in Australia.
- Standard of encryption: Express VPN uses an AES 256-bit encryption, which is considered the highest standard of encryption that cannot break easily. Furthermore, it has advanced security features, including DNS leak, Split tunneling, and kill switch features.
- Customer Service: Express VPN has a very efficient team of Customer service representatives for your guidance.
- Complete Protection: ExpressVPN provides you full protection, as it doesn’t monitor the IP address you are connecting from. For instance, your login time, the IP you’re using, any of your traffic, or any data concerning the pages are safe.
- Subscription Plan: The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors but worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is priced at $6.67 a month for an annual package that includes three months free. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Double protection
- Kill Switch Feature
- Split tunneling supports
- A large number of servers with fast speeds
- Verified & Audited “No-Logs” Policy
- A bit pricey
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Watch iTV outside UK
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature and split tunneling to protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Multiple protocols
- 24/7 assistance
- Worldwide servers
- Fast speed
- Limited payment options
NordVPN – Trustworthy VPN to Get iTV outside UK
- Fast Servers: NordVPN is a suitable VPN for beginners, as It’s easy to set up. In addition, it offers a huge server network, with over 5200+ servers across the globe, and its fast servers can easily bypass the firewalls of any geo-restricted site, including YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, and HBO MAX, which is just amazing.
- Advanced Security: NordVPN provides advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, trusted Server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete privacy.
- Double Protection: NordVPN provides its users with an extra layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and encrypting their web traffic.
- Subscription plan: NordVPN is cheaper than most VPNs. In addition, you can save a 68% discount while subscribing to their 24 monthly plans, which is $3.71/per month. Check out their more programs here.
- Fastest VPN
- Safe Internet connection
- Easy to use
- Uninterrupted streaming
- Access on multiple devices
- The desktop app can sometimes take a while to connect
- Some Downtime Issues
Surfshark – Low-Budget VPN to Access iTV outside UK
- Unique security techniques: Surfshark secures your identity from hackers by deleting any hint of your private information and browsing history with each reboot.
- Strict No logs policy: Surfshark also offers over 3200 servers in over 65 countries unlimited simultaneous connections at exceptionally high speed and many servers – over 3200 in over 65 countries with no logs policy.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark offers AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that encrypts your internet traffic completely.
- Split Tunneling: Users can split their internet connection into two using Surfshark’s split tunneling feature. If you want to access both foreign and local services simultaneously, this feature allows you to be available abroad and be updated with local news.
- Subscription plan: Surfshark offers a great 24-month subscription plan for just $2.49 a month, which undercuts just about every other premium VPN.
- Safe to use
- No data leaks
- Split tunneling supports
- Double protection
- Dodgy Customer Service
- Requires a broader audit
AtlasVPN – Low on pocket VPN to access iTV outside UK
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption
- Fast and easy to set up
- Safe security protocols
- Built-in breach tracker
- You have to go premium if you need better speed and fewer ads.
Can You Access ITV Outside UK With a Free VPN?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to access ITV outside UK, but as you all know, whatever is free comes with high risk; it does not protect your privacy and save your personal and private information in their database to sell afterward; it lags a lot, viewers can not stream anything without buffering, and it is easily trackable. You decide! Do you want to spend only $5/per month on a premium VPN and stay safe or use a free VPN with high risk.
We would highly recommend you ExpressVPN to avoid such hustle.
How to Get Free Access to ITV Outside UK
If you want free access to ITV outside the UK, you need to create an account with ads. By following the below-mentioned guidelines, you will be able to enjoy free access to ITV:
- First, download and install the VPN app on your preferred device.
- Now get connected to the closest UK server.
- Visit the official website of ITV, https://www.itv.com
- Click on the sign-in option on the ITV Hub website and create an account.
- Now click to sign-up and fill up the sign-up information form by providing your credentials.
- A UK postcode would be required to complete the sign-up procedure.
- Submit the filled-up information form after you tick mark the ITV terms & conditions.
- Select the option “Watch with ads” to create a free ITV account in the USA.
Enjoy binge-watching your preferred content!
ITV Device Compatibility Outside UK
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch ITV outside UK:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
ITV For Android Users
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the ITV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, ITV is now available on your Android device.
ITV for iOS users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United Kingdom in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to the United Kingdom server in the server’s list.
- Search for ITV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
ITV For PS3/PS4 users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ITV on PS3/PS4:
- First, go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- Then, from the list of alternatives, look for “ITV.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Then, add ITV to your “My Channels” list.
ITV For Xbox users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Tubi TV on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Then, search for “ITV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Click the “Install” button.
ITV For Kodi users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with ITV. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the UK after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the ITV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
ITV For Firestick users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ITV on your Firestick device:
- Startup your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources, download ExpressVPN, and connect to the UK server.
- Enter the word ‘ITV’ and press enter.
- The ‘ITV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- Download the app after you click ‘Get.
- After you install the Tubi Tv app, open it.
- Open the ITV app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching ITV on Firestick outside UK.
ITV For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a UK server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- Download and install the ITV app on your Apple TV.
ITV For Smart TV users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the ITV app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
ITV For PC users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the ITV website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching ITV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
ITV Player Channel List:
Following are the ITV channels outside UK:
What Is Interesting To Watch On ITV Outside UK?
- Oprah with Megan and Harry
- The Bay
- Family Guy
- Tripping Point
- Piers Morgan’s Life Stories
- Agatha Christie’s Poirot.
- A Touch of Frost
- Family Guy
FAQs on ITV Outside UK
Is ITV available outside UK?
How do I watch ITV?
Go to your Google Play/Apple store app. Install the ITV Hub app. Open the ITV Hub app and enter your login details. Choose a show and enjoy!
Where else can I Access ITV with a VPN?
This wraps up our article. We hope all your confusion regarding watching ITV outside the UK got cleared as ITV is geo-blocked outside the UK. However, the Residents of UK traveling abroad or viewers from abroad can easily access ITV outside UK by subscribing to a premium VPN; We suggest you ExpressVPN.