Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Can I watch Channel 4 outside the UK? No, you cannot watch Channel 4 outside UK because of geo-restriction, so to watch Channel 4 Outside UK you will need a VPN with servers from the UK.
Channel 4 is a free-to-air channel available in Britain and owned by the state-owned Channel Four Television Corporation. Channel 4 first transmission began in 1982 and became the fourth TV service in the United Kingdom.
Unfortunately, you cannot access Channel 4 outside UK because of geo-restrictions but you can get Channel 4 outside UK with the help of a VPN; we recommend ExpressVPN.
That’s why British Expats living abroad or on vacation in Spain, Cyprus, the United States, Greece, Australia, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, Australia, or anyplace else in the world are unable to watch their beloved British sitcoms.
But with our guidelines, you’ll be able to unblock it and stream all your favorite British sitcoms from anywhere in the world. So, cut to the chase and take a look at our detailed step-by-step procedure to bypass the geo-restrictions and watch Channel 4 outside UK.
How to Watch Channel 4 Outside UK [Quick Guide in December 2023]
Follow these simple steps to watch Channel 4 outside UK using a VPN:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access the Channel 4 website and start streaming.
Now that you know exactly what you need to do to get uninterrupted access, read our detailed guide on everything you need to know about Channel 4, including its subscription, why it is restricted outside UK, and much more! So don’t give up; keep reading!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Channel 4 Outside UK?
Channel 4 is geo-restricted anywhere except in the UK, Although it is a free streaming app but only accessible in the United Kingdom, making it geo-restricted for the rest of the globe.
A VPN alternates your original IP address with one from the servers you choose; in this case, it’s the United Kingdom, making you appear to be a resident of that country. It is a secure online streaming and internet surfing solution that protects your personal information, payment information, and online transactions.
Top 3 VPNs Watch Channel4 outside UK [Quick Overview in Dec 2023]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPNs to watch Channel 4 outside UK:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and 5 highly optimized server locations in the UK. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5,700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers 440+ highly optimized UK servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries with 600+ highly optimized servers in 4 cities in the UK. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Subscribe to Channel 4 Outside UK?
Follow this seven-step guide to subscribe to Channel 4 outside UK or anywhere else.
- Subscribing to a reputable VPN, such as ExpressVPN, is our top recommendation.
- Install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
- Visit Channel 4’s website once you’ve connected to a UK server.
- Register by going to ‘Sign in to My4‘.
- Fill in your email address and password.
- Create your personal profile.
- Now, you can effortlessly watch Channel 4 once you’re done.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Channel4 Outside UK in [Detailed Description December 2023]
The fact that VPN not only provides online anonymity but also establishes secure and encrypted connections is one of the reasons why it is used by so many individuals all over the world. Because there are so many VPNs on the market, we’ve produced a list of the top three best VPNs, as well as guidance on how to watch Channel 4 outside UK.
So, without further ado, check out my suggestions to see which three VPNs are the best for safely accessing and watching Channel 4 outside UK.
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to watch Channel 4 outside UK
- It offers a vast network of over 3000+ servers worldwide and 5 highly optimized server locations in the UK, as well as browser extensions like WebRTC leak filtering, location spoofing, and HTTPS Everywhere support.
- ExpressVPN uses its own DNS servers to encrypt your internet traffic.
- Apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and other operating systems, as well as custom firmware for various routers and extensive instructions and setup guides for Apple TV, Fire TV, PlayStation, Chromebooks, Kindle Fire, and other devices, are among the top-tier platform support options.
- You can also use ExpressVPN to watch Eurosport Outside UK or to unblock SkyGo Outside UK.
- This isn’t a generic marketing promise, unlike the majority of the competition.
- The truly outstanding feature, though, is ExpressVPN’s support, which is available via live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Recommended Servers: London, Wembley, and the Docklands
NordVPN – Trustworthy VPN to enjoy Channel 4 outside UK
- NordVPN offers over 5,700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers 440+ highly optimized UK servers, demonstrating why it is a solid choice.
- Look no further if you’re seeking a reputable VPN with fast servers and rapid access that unblocks Channel 4 outside of UK without a hitch.
- With a rigorous no-logs policy and the promise of no IP or DNS leaks, this VPN offers up to six simultaneous connections and AES 256-bit encryption.
- Its OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP policies ensure that users are confident that they are conducting encrypted operations securely over the internet.
- It has been meticulously developed to perform with flawless fast speed, low latency, and superb unblocking ability while employing cutting-edge encryption and security approaches.
- It also offers Cyber Sec and Double VPN technology, which allows multiple logins with the same account at a low price of $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and Manchester
Surfshark – Low-Cost VPN to watch Channel 4 outside UK
- Except for the seemingly unbeatable speed leader ExpressVPN, which dominated my 2019 testing with less than a 2% speed loss, Surfshark, a relative newcomer in the VPN world, finished 2019 with only a 27 percent speed loss, placing it far ahead of all of its competitors.
- Surfshark is a lightweight VPN proxy addon with a big punch! You can secure your digital life with a password. Your company is your internet activity. The lightweight VPN proxy add-on from Surfshark gives you unrestricted internet access and protects your online identity.
- The amazing part about Surfshark’s speed is that it doesn’t have to fight to keep up with huge speed losses at any given time. You can also use this method to access other geo-restricted sites in your country, such as BBC iPlayer outside UK.
- Surfshark is a low-cost VPN service that has over 3200+ servers in 100 countries with 600+ highly optimized servers in 4 cities in the UK. Users can use the Live Chat feature to receive immediate responses to their questions while maintaining an unbroken connection.
- The most intriguing feature of Surfshark is a kill switch that works flawlessly with numerous logins and has a Zero log policy with no restrictions on device connectivity.
Recommended Servers: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and London
Can I watch Channel 4 Outside UK using a free VPN?
You can, but we strongly advise against it. Free VPNs come with several drawbacks that must be addressed. These VPNs have restricted bandwidth and only a few servers, which makes accessing Channel 4 problematic.
Free VPNs also bombard you with advertisements and track your online activities. They could amass logs and sell them to third-party websites.
Free VPNs are untrustworthy and should not be used for All 4. Instead, you should use a reputable premium VPN for a secure connection.
How to Watch Channel 4 Live Stream Outside UK?
To watch Channel 4 live stream outside UK, follow these steps.
- To begin, connect to ExpressVPN‘s UK server.
- Log in to the Channel 4 website using your credentials.
- From the top menu, select the “Live TV” option.
- Start watching Channel 4 live TV outside UK on whatever channel you want.
Why Channel 4 is geo-restricted outside UK?
Geo-blocking has been pushed to a new level by Channel 4. They don’t simply check your IP address, but they also look at your device settings.
Like any other geo-restricted streaming service, Channel 4 also interacts with and manages content broadcasting rights. These video-on-demand services would be unable to operate without these broadcasting rights, which is why Channel 4 is only permitted to stream its content within the UK.
Is accessing Channel 4 Outside UK with a VPN illegal?
No, using a VPN for All 4 is not illegal unless the usage of a VPN is restricted in your region by the government. VPNs are widely accepted as safe, and the majority of individuals use them to safeguard their online privacy. Another reason why using a VPN to stream All 4 is not unlawful is that privacy is not an issue.
Is Channel 4 free to watch outside UK?
Channel 4/All 4 or 4oD is a free-to-air live streaming service that is only available in the United Kingdom due to its geo-restricted programming. If you try to watch All 4 catch-up content on any of its channels outside of the UK, you will see the following error message:
Channel 4 Device Compatibility
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
- Windows 10
- Android devices
- Xbox One
- iOS devices
- Amazon Fire
Now, let’s take a look at the guide on how to download Channel 4 on Android and iOS Devices.
How Can You Stream Channel 4 Outside UK on an Android Device
- Open the ExpressVPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the Channel 4 app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Channel 4 is now available on your Android device.
How Can I Watch Channel 4 Outside UK on iOS
- First, change your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for Channel 4 in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
How Can You Watch Channel 4 Outside UK on Roku
- Download and install ExpressVPN and log in.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to the UK server.
- Now, insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through an HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Channel 4 on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How Can I Stream Channel 4 Outside UK on PS3/PS4
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Channel 4”.
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Channel 4 has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How Can I Access Channel 4 Outside UK on Xbox
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps“.
- Search for “Channel 4” in the “Xbox Store”.
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How Can You Get Channel 4 Outside UK on Kodi
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and log in.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now, toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the Channel 4 add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How Can I Watch Channel 4 Outside UK on Firestick
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to any UK server.
- Enter the word ‘Channel 4’ and click on enter.
- The ‘Channel 4 app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Channel 4 app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Channel 4 app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Channel 4 on Firestick outside UK.
How Can You Watch Channel 4 Outside UK on Apple TV
Since Apple TV lacks dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch Channel 4 outside UK. So follow the instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well as watching Channel 4 outside UK on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to register your IP address automatically.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then going to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the Channel 4 app; open it and start watching!
How Can I Get Channel 4 Outside UK on Smart TV
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Channel 4 app on your smart TV and create a free account to start watching.
How Can I Watch Channel 4 Outside UK on PC
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Then, go to the Channel 4 website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Channel 4 outside UK, delete your cookies and cache, then log back in.
What to Watch on Channel 4 outside UK?
Channel 4 is one of the most popular television networks in the United Kingdom, and it has the country’s largest library of free on-demand entertainment. It has a lot of unique stuff, such as the following:
List of Popular Platforms and Shows to Watch on Channel 4 outside UK.
- Walter Presents
- It’s a Sin
- A Very Royal Baby: From Cradle to Crown
- The Great British Bake Off
- One Tree Hill
- Married at First Sight Australia
- Teen First Dates
- Catching a Killer
- Treasure Island with Bear Grylls
- Ackley Bridge
FAQs on Channel 4 Outside UK
Is Channel 4 available outside the UK?
No, Channel 4 is not available outside the UK due to the geo-restrictions, but you can access Channel 4 with a VPN.
Can I watch Channel 4 outside UK without a VPN?
Channel 4 is a geo-restricted service that is exclusively available in the United Kingdom. That’s why, without a VPN, you will be unable to use this service outside of the United Kingdom.
How to enable DRM on Channel 4?
- Go to chrome:/settings/content to change your content settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Protected Content from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle the “Allow sites to play protected material (recommended)” switch on.
Is it possible to watch Channel 4 without the app?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 online without downloading the app. All you have to do now is go to the All 4 website in your browser, and you’re ready to watch!
Can I watch Channel 4 for free?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 for free if you join their website and choose My 4 from the drop-down menu.
You’ll never be unable to watch Channel 4 shows if you don’t use a dependable VPN, no matter where you are. To watch Channel 4 outside UK, we strongly recommend using ExpressVPN because it encrypts your connection and protects your privacy.
Please let me know if this blog helped you watch Channel 4 outside UK in the comments, and feel free to ask any questions you have regarding using a VPN to unblock geo-blocked channels.