Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
To watch Channel 4 Outside UK you will need a VPN with servers from the UK because it is geo-restricted and inaccessible outside the UK. Channel 4 also referred to as 4oD or All4 is a free live and on-demand streaming service that is available solely in the United Kingdom. We suggest you use ExpressVPN.
Channel4 is geo-restricted outside of the United Kingdom. That’s why British Expats living abroad or on vacation in Spain, Cyprus, the United States, Greece, Australia, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, or Australia, or anyplace else in the world, are unable to watch their beloved British sitcoms.
But with our guidelines, you’ll be able to unblock it and stream all your favorite British sitcoms from anywhere in the world. So, cut the chase and take a look at our detailed step-by-step procedure to bypass Channel 4oD’s geo-restrictions and watch Channel 4 outside UK.
How to Watch Channel 4 Outside UK [Quick Guide in 2022]
Follow these simple steps to watch Channel 4 outside UK using a VPN:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access Channel 4 website and start streaming.
Now that you know exactly what you need to do to get uninterrupted access, read our detailed guide on everything you need to know about Channel 4, including its subscription, why it is restricted outside UK, and much more! So don’t give up, keep reading!
How to Subscribe to Channel 4 outside UK?
Follow this five-step guide to subscribe to Channel 4 outside UK or anywhere else.
- Subscribing to a reputable VPN, such as ExpressVPN, is our top recommendation.
- Install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
- Visit Channel 4’s website once you’ve connected to a UK server.
- Register by going to ‘Sign in to My4‘.
- Fill in your email address and password.
- Create your personal profile.
- Now, you can effortlessly watch Channel 4 once you’re done.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Channel4 Outside UK?
Although Channel4 is a free streaming app, it is only available in the United Kingdom, making it geo-restricted for the rest of the globe. This is mostly about copyright and licensing difficulties. However, ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN is the only legal option to bypass it geo-restrictions.
A VPN alternates your original IP address with one from the servers you choose; in this case, it’s the United Kingdom, making you appear to be a resident of that country. It is a secure online streaming and internet surfing solution that protects your personal information, payment information, and online transactions.
Top 5 VPNs Watch Channel4 outside UK [Quick Overview in Dec 2022]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch Channel4 outside UK:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley. It offers is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 3 highly optimized servers in UK.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Channel4 outside UK in 2022
The fact that VPN not only provides online anonymity but also establishes secure and encrypted connections is one of the reasons why it is used by so many individuals all over the world. Because there are so many VPNs on the market, I’ve produced a list of the top three best VPNs, as well as guidance on how to watch Channel 4 outside UK.
So, without further ado, check out my suggestions to see which three VPNs are the best for safely accessing and watching Channel 4 outside UK.
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to watch Channel 4 outside UK
The VPN industry is tough, and there’s a lot of competition, but ExpressVPN knows how to stand out: it loads on the professional features, offering far more than anyone else. A powerful collection of basic features provides multiple layers of safety. ExpressVPN uses its own DNS servers to encrypt your internet traffic.
It offers a vast network of over 3,000 servers spread across 160 cities in 94 countries, as well as browser extensions like WebRTC leak filtering, location spoofing, and HTTPS Everywhere support.
Apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and other operating systems, as well as custom firmware for various routers and extensive instructions and setup guides for Apple TV, Fire TV, PlayStation, Chromebooks, Kindle Fire, and other devices, are among the top-tier platform support options. You can also use ExpressVPN to watch Eurosport Outside UK or to unblock SkyGo Outside UK.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Chaneel4 outside the UK
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Trustworthy VPN to enjoy All 4 streaming Outside the UK
For $4.89/month (2-year plan), NordVPN offers over 5500 servers in 59 countries, demonstrating why it is a solid choice. Look no further if you’re seeking for a reputable VPN with fast servers and rapid access that unblocks Channel 4 outside of UK without a hitch.
With a rigorous no-logs policy and the promise of no IP or DNS leaks, this VPN offers up to six simultaneous connections and AES 256-bit encryption. Its OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP policies ensure that users be confident that they are conducting encrypted operations securely over the internet.
It has been meticulously developed to perform with flawless fast speed, low latency, and superb unblocking ability while employing cutting-edge encryption and security approaches. It also offers Cyber Sec and Double VPN technology, which allows multiple logins with the same account at a cheap price of $3.71 per month for a 2-year subscription with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark – Low-Cost VPN to watch channel 4 outside UK
Except for the seemingly unbeatable speed leader ExpressVPN, which dominated my 2019 testing with less than a 2% speed loss, Surfshark, a relative newcomer in the VPN world, finished 2019 with only a 27 percent speed loss, placing it far ahead of all of its competitors – except for the seemingly unbeatable speed leader ExpressVPN, which dominated my 2019 testing with less than a 2% speed loss.
Surfshark is a lightweight VPN proxy addon with a big punch! You can secure your digital life with a password. Your company is your internet activity. The lightweight VPN proxy add-on from Surfshark gives you unrestricted internet access and protects your online identity. The amazing part about Surfshark’s speed is that it doesn’t have to fight to keep up with huge speed losses at any given time. You can also use this method to access other geo-restricted sites in your countries, such as channel 9 Outside Australia and BBC iPlayer outside UK.
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN service that has over 3200 servers worldwide. Users can use the Live Chat feature to receive immediate responses to their questions while maintaining an unbroken connection. The most intriguing feature of Surfshark is a kill-switch that works flawlessly with numerous logins and has a Zero log policy with no restrictions on device connectivity.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access Channel4 outside UK
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Why Channel 4 is geo-restricted outside UK?
Geo-blocking has been pushed to a new level by Channel 4. They don’t simply check at your IP address but they also look at your device settings.
Like any other geo-restricted streaming services like YouTube TV in Australia, American Netflix in UK, Channel 4 also interacts with and manages content broadcasting rights. These video-on-demand services would be unable to operate without these broadcasting rights, which is why Channel 4 is only permitted to stream its content within UK.
Can I watch Channel 4 Outside UK using a free VPN?
You can, but we strongly advise against it. Free VPNs come with a number of drawbacks that must be addressed. These VPNs have restricted bandwidth and only a few servers, which makes accessing Channel 4 problematic.
Free VPNs also bombard you with advertisements and track your online activities. They could amass logs and sell them to third-party websites.
Free VPNs are untrustworthy and should not be used for All 4. Instead, you should go for a reputable premium VPN for a secure connection.
Is accessing Channel 4 Outside UK with a VPN illegal?
No, using a VPN for All 4 is not illegal unless the usage of VPN is restricted in your region by the government. VPNs are widely accepted as safe, and the majority of individuals use them to safeguard their online privacy. Another reason why using a VPN to stream All 4 is not unlawful is that privacy is not an issue.
Is Channel 4 free to watch outside UK?
Channel 4/All 4 or 4oD is a free-to-air live streaming service that is only available in the United Kingdom due to its geo-restricted programming. If you try to watch All 4 catch-up content on any of its channels outside of the UK, you will see the following error message:
Channel 4 Device Compatibility
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
- Windows 10
- Android devices
- Xbox One
- iOS devices
- Amazon Fire
Now, let’s take a look at the guide on how to download Channel 4 on Android and iOS Devices.
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app and login using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Channel 4 app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Channel 4 is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- First, change your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for Channel 4 in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and login.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Channel 4 on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Channel 4”.
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Channel 4 has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps“.
- Search for “Channel 4” in the “Xbox Store”.
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and login.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Channel 4 add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to any UK server.
- Enter the word ‘Channel 4’ and click on enter.
- The ‘Channel 4 app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get‘.
- After the Channel 4 app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Channel 4 app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Channel 4 on Firestick in outside UK.
For Apple TV Users
Since, Apple TV lacks a dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch Channel 4 outside UK. So follow the below instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well watching Channel 4 outside UK on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to automatically register your IP address.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the Channel 4 app, open and start watching!
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Channel 4 app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Then go to the Channel 4 website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Channel 4 outside UK, delete your cookies and cache, then login back.
What to Watch on Channel 4 outside UK?
Channel 4 is one of the most popular television networks in the United Kingdom, and it has the country’s largest library of free on-demand entertainment. It has a lot of unique stuff, such as the following:
List of Popular Platforms and Shows to Watch on Channel 4 outside UK.
- Walter Presents
- It’s a Sin
- A Very Royal Baby: From Cradle to Crown
- The Great British Bake Off
- One Tree Hill
- Married at First Sight Australia
- Teen First Dates
- Catching a Killer
- Treasure Island with Bear Grylls
- Ackley Bridge
FAQs on Channel 4 Outside UK
Can I watch Channel 4 outside UK without VPN?
Channel 4 is a geo-restricted service that is exclusively available in the United Kingdom. That’s why without a VPN, you will be unable to use this service outside of the United Kingdom.
How to enable DRM on Channel 4?
- Go to chrome:/settings/content to change your content settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Protected Content from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle the “Allow sites to play protected material (recommended)” switch on.
Is it possible to watch Channel 4 without the app?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 online without downloading the app. All you have to do now is go to the All 4 website in your browser and you’re ready to watch!
Can I watch Channel 4 for free?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 for free if you join up for their website and choose My 4 from the drop-down menu
You’ll never be unable to watch Channel 4 shows if you don’t use a dependable VPN, no matter where you are. To watch Channel 4 outside of UK, I strongly recommend using ExpressVPN because it encrypts your connection and protects your privacy.
Please let me know if this blog helped you watch Channel 4 outside UK in the comments and feel free to ask any questions you have regarding using a VPN to unblock geo-blocked channels.