Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Is BT Sports available in Canada? BT Sports is not available in Canada, but you can access it with a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is BT Sports available in Canada? No, BT Sports is not available in Canada, but you can still watch BT Sports in Canada if you use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
How to Watch BT Sports in Canada [Quick Guide in Jan 2023]
To watch BT Sports in Canada, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access BT Sports service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to watch BT Sports in Canada?
You may solve the geo-restriction issue by connecting to the internet through a VPN whenever you wish to watch BT Sports video. If you access BT Sports in Canada, your internet location (IP address) is sent to the BT Sports server, which bans you from watching the channel.
However, BT Sports is geo-restricted outside UK that’s why its content can only be watched inside the confines of their respective territories. This is why you won’t be able to watch BT Sport in Canada, USA, Australia, or anywhere else in the world. If you try to watch BT Sports outside of the UK, you’ll get an error message that says:
“Sorry, this video is not available in your country”
That’s when a VPN substitutes your IP address with one of its own. Your ISP or streaming service will be unable to track your location in this manner. You may watch live broadcasts of your favorite sporting events from anywhere worldwide after obtaining a UK IP address. So, take a look at 3 best BT Sports VPNs:
Top 5 VPNs To Watch BT Sports in Canada [Quick Overview in Jan 2023]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch BT Sports in Canada:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley. It offers $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months free trial and a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, highly secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month, and its 2-year plan is at 72% off + 3 months FREE, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 3 highly optimized servers in UK.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs for watching BT Sports in Canada [Detailed Analysis Jan 2023]
Many VPN service providers are on the market, making it difficult to choose one. However, there are a few things to consider before choosing a VPN provider and luckily, we have listed the 5 best VPNs to watch BT Sports in Canada considering their main factors:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch BT Sports in Canada
- For ultimate anonymity, the company additionally supports Tor over VPN and an Internet Kill Switch service to keep your connection secure at all times.
- ExpressVPN also has a Smart DNS service for users who merely want to mask their location, as well as a Tor website if you don’t want the fact that you used a VPN site to be recorded elsewhere.
- It has almost 3000+ servers available worldwide, which is why it’s the topmost choice of users to unblock BT Sports in Canada but the thing that mostly triggers the users is the pricing strategy.
- Express VPN has 20+ servers located in various regions of UK, and it’s a big benchmark for them as a service provider. The number of servers located in various countries worldwide have an AES 256-bit encryption technique installed in them securing the user’s privacy and security.
- The pricing plan starts at $6.67 per month for a year, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the services.
- ExpressVPN offers over 3000 servers worldwide and is known for its speed, security, price, performance, and optimum server connectivity.
- You can unblock geo-restricted websites with highly secure security methods like the AES-256 bit encryption technology, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and others.
- A live chat option is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for immediate customer service and browser extensions with high device compatibility.
- Windows, Android, MAC, and other TV platforms are all supported, allowing viewers to watch their favorite shows online!
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access BT Sport in Canada
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Access BT Sports in Canada
- It provides high-speed internet, ultra-fast connections, 100% uptime, six concurrent connections, and dedicated IP addresses.
- The encrypted layers and security protocols allow customers to spend time over the internet fearlessly.
- An AES-256 bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log policies make the connection viable and gain the confidence of customers that they’re performing encrypted activities over the internet.
- The Onion cover VPN from NordVPN is a positive in this case. No cookies are stored, AES encryption is used to encrypt data, IP addresses are masked, and data breaches are prevented using clever DNS leak protection.
- A 24/7 Live Chat option enables the users to instantly respond to their queries, with high bandwidth and device support for six devices at a time.
- NordVPN pricing packages start from $3.71, per month, for 2-years.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to unblock BT Sports in Canada
- Surfshark is another well-known VPN known for its high-speed attribute and a number of various servers located in various countries and cities.
- Speed is the core attribute of this VPN, making it admissible for the users to surf the Internet without any discrepancies.
- Surfshark is having 3200+ servers located in 61+ countries worldwide, and all of them have AES 256-bit encryption protocol that secures the user’s data from being hacked and blocks third-party access.
- Zero-log is present in Surfshark, IP leaks, and DNS servers to ensure that there is no third-party involvement in the process.
- A 24/7 online chat feature make it viable for users to get their queries resolved from the higher tier of the company instantly.
- The most prominent feature is the pricing package, which starts from $2.49/month exclusively for 2 years with 30-day money-back guarantee.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to access BT Sport in Canada:
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with many options. It also supports unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices. It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies, including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
How Does a VPN Unblock BT Sport in Canada?
VPNs, or Virtual Private Networks, allow a user to mask their IP address, faking it in a region where you want to access, which is how your device is identified on the internet.
When your IP address is disguised, your true location will not be immediately known. That’s why it works against geo-restriction.
Normally, if you open up a BT Sport stream, the service will track your location that you’re accessing it from Canada and will give you a geo-restricted error.
However, with a VPN connected to a UK or Ireland server, the platform will think you’re accessing it from those regions and will give you unrestricted access to it.
How to Subscribe to BT Sports in Canada?
The BT Sports subscription requires a UK credit card. If you don’t have one, you can ask a friend or family member in the UK to subscribe for you. Here’s how you can get BT Sports subscription in Canada with a credit card issued in the United Kingdom:
- Click on ‘Buy Monthly Pass’ on the BT Sport website.
- Fill in your email address and password.
- Enter a UK postal code and payment information, and you are good to go once finished!
How much is BT Sports in Canada?
The BT TV owners can subscribe for BT Sport for as low as CAD 17.50/month with Exertainment Extra and Starter Combination. If you own a BT Broadband, you can subscribe to BT sports for CAD 27.81/month. However, BT Sports costs CAD 52.58/month if you don’t have broadband.
Can I Use Free VPN to Watch BT Sports in Canada?
No, we never recommend a free VPN. A premium VPN is always preferred over a free VPN. Paid VPN services are reliable and secure.
Furthermore, compared to free VPNs, they provide a greater level of service. The free VPN services do not offer high-quality content or ease of use. They don’t have the operating systems they’ll need to back up their work, and using them is inconvenient.
Rather than relying on a free VPN, it’s well worth investing in a reliable VPN that will work the first time and even allow you to virtually access geo-restricted platforms from anywhere in the world.
Why Is BT Sport Not Working With VPN?
You might see an error message that says something like lp205: sorry, but you can’t watch this content in Canada. This generally happens because BT Sport has previously blacklisted the VPN server you’re using. In this case, always use a premium VPN that continually updates its servers when streaming providers in Canada, such as BT Sport and SonyLIV, prohibit it.
This is why we always recommend using premium, popular, and trusted VPNs like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
Quick Fixes if BT Sports Stops Working:
Even if you are connected via a VPN, it is possible that you will be unable to watch BT Sport in Canada owing to technical issues. If you find yourself in one of these circumstances, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Reconnect to any other UK server after disconnecting VPN.
- Set the time on your device to the UK standard time.
- Before visiting BT Sport, clear your browser’s cache, cookies, and history.
- Disable the location services or GPS feature on your mobile device.
- Make sure you clear the cache in the BT Sport app for Android and iOS devices.
- Lastly, contact the VPN provider’s customer support team for more information.
Compatible Devices to watch BT Sports in Canada
Following are the devices that are compatible with watching BT Sports in Canada:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch BT Sports in Canada on your device
If you want to download the BT Sports app to your devices in Canada, follow these steps:
How to watch BT Sports in Canada on Android Devices
- Open ExpressVPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for BT Sports app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, BT Sports is now available on your Android device.
How to Get BT Sports in Canada on iOS Devices
- First, change your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for BT Sports in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
How to Stream BT Sports in Canada on Roku
- Download and install ExpressVPN and login.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select BT Sports on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
How to watch BT Sports in Canada on PS3/PS4
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “BT Sports”.
- Click on”Get” from the drop-down menu.
- BT Sports has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to get BT Sports in Canada on Xbox
Follow these easy steps to get BT Sports for Xbox Users
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect with the server in UK.
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps. “
- Search for “BT Sports” in the “Xbox Store.
- “That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How to stream BT Sports in Canada on Kodi
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and log in.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the BT Sports add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Watch BT Sports in Canada on Firestick
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to any UK server.
- Enter the word ‘BT Sports’ and click on enter.
- The ‘BT Sports app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the BT Sports app has been installed, open it.
- Open the BT Sports app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching BT Sports on Firestick in Canada.
How to Get BT Sports in Canada on Apple TV
Since Apple TV lacks dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch BT Sport in Canada. So follow the below instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well as watching BT Sports in Canada on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to register your IP address automatically.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then going to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the BT Sports app, open and start watching!
How to Watch BT Sports in Canada on Smart TV
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the BT Sports app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How to get BT Sports in Canada on PC
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Then go to the BT Sports website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching BT Sports in Canada, delete your cookies and cache, then login back.
What to Watch on BT Sports in Canada?
BT Sports provides a wide range of fantastic Sports shows and events. Here’s a list of sports that you will find on BT Sports in Canada after subscribing to a premium VPN:
- American Football
- Gallagher Premiership
- Heineken Champions Cup
- Premier League
- Europa League
- Saturday Morning Savage
- Europa Conference League
- European Challenge Cup
- Premiership Rugby Cup
- Ligue 1
- The National League
Watch English Premier League 2022 on BT Sports in Canada
The Premier League season is almost here, and we’ve got you covered on all fronts to keep up with the drama as it unfolds during another thrilling season. The Premier League season will start on 6 August 2022. This season, BT Sports is the only channel to watch every televised game from the English Premier League, and we’ve got all the details for the upcoming games below. Moreover, the fix schedule will be released in July.
FAQs on BT Sports in Canada
Can I watch BT Sport in Canada?
Yes, you can watch BT Sports with the use of a VPN. To watch BT Sport in Canada, choose a British server from the list.
Can I watch BT Sports in Canada for free?
Using a free VPN service, you may watch BT Sport for free. However, a commercial VPN is preferable to a free VPN since it provides a higher level of protection.
How to watch BT Sports on Sky TV?
To watch BT Sport on Sky, go to Sky TV and sign up for one of the two packages that include BT Sport. After that, sign up for a VPN, connect to its UK servers, and you’re good to go. BT Sport is now available on Sky.
Can I stream BT Sports in Canada remotely?
You can watch BT Sports in Canada on your PC after acquiring it through our online player at btsport.com. To watch online, you’ll need a BT Sports ID, which will serve as the username and password for the online player.
BT Sport may still be geo-restricted in Canada, despite geo-restrictions, but now you know how to unblock it using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN! You’ll still need to pay for the service, but you’ll never have to deal with that annoying error notice again. That is, however, only the top of the VPN iceberg. You have unrestricted security and privacy with a VPN, which keeps you safe from hackers who want to harm or steal your data and use it against you.