Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Is BT Sport available in Canada? BT Sport is not available in Canada, but you can access it with a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
BT Sport is British Telecom’s online streaming service specially dedicated to sports. BTSport 1, BTSport 2, BTSport Europe, and ESPN are available sports networks.
All major sporting events, including the Champions League, Bundesliga, MLS, UFC, Serie A, Volkanovski vs. Ortega, Premier League, and other sporting events, are broadcast on these stations.
Sadly, BT Sport doesn’t work in Canada due to the geo-restrictions, but you can still watch BT Sport in Canada if you use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
How to Watch BT Sport in Canada [Quick Guide Dec 2023]
To watch BT Sport Canada, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and install its app.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access the BT Sport service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch BT Sport Canada?
You may solve the geo-restriction issue by connecting to the internet through a VPN whenever you wish to watch BT Sports video.
If you access BT Sports in Canada, your internet location (IP address) is sent to the BT Sport server, which bans you from watching the channel. However, BT Sport is geo-restricted outside UK that’s why its content can only be watched inside the confines of their respective territories.
This is why you won’t be able to watch BT Sport in Canada, USA, Australia, or anywhere else in the world. If you try to watch BT Sport outside of the UK, you’ll get an error message that says:
“Sorry, this video is not available in your country.”
Now you must be thinking, Does BT Sport work with a VPN? Yes, BT Sport works with VPN because of all the BT Sport restrictions VPN is a great substitute for your IP address. Your ISP or streaming service cannot track your location in this manner.
You may watch live broadcasts of your favorite sporting events from anywhere worldwide after obtaining a UK IP address. So, take a look at the 3 best BT Sports VPNs.
Top 3 VPNs To Watch BT Sport in Canada [Quick Overview in Dec 2023]
Take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPNs to watch BT Sport Canada:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and 5 highly optimized server locations in the UK. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5,700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers 440+ highly optimized UK servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries with 600+ highly optimized servers in 4 cities in the UK. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How Do I Subscribe to BT Sport in Canada?
This online Sports streaming platform is only available in the United Kingdom and requires a UK credit card for the subscription. If you don’t have one, you can ask a friend or family member in the UK to subscribe.
Here’s how to subscribe to BT Sport in Canada with a UK credit card:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN, we highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect with a server in the UK
- Visit the BT Sport official website.
- Click on ‘Buy Monthly Pass’ on the BT Sport website.
- Fill in your email address and password.
- Enter a UK postal code as well as your payment information.
- That’s it! You have successfully subscribed to BT Sport in Canada.
3 Best VPNs for Watching BT Sport in Canada [Detailed Analysis Dec 2023]
Luckily, we have listed the 3 best VPNs to watch BT Sports in Canada, considering their main factors:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch BT Sport Canada
- It has almost 3000+ servers worldwide and 5 highly optimized server locations in the UK, which is why it’s the topmost choice of users to unblock BT Sport in India, but the thing that mainly triggers the users is the pricing strategy.
- ExpressVPN also has a Smart DNS service for users who merely want to mask their location and a Tor website if you don’t want the fact that you used a VPN site to be recorded elsewhere.
- The pricing plan starts at $6.67 per month for a year, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied with the services.
- For ultimate anonymity, the company additionally supports Tor over VPN and an Internet Kill Switch service to keep your connection secure at all times.
- You can unblock geo-restricted websites with highly secure security methods like AES-256-bit encryption technology, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
- A live chat option is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for immediate customer service and browser extensions with high device compatibility.
- Windows, Android, MAC, and other TV platforms are all supported, allowing viewers to watch their favorite shows online!
Recommended Servers: London, Wembley, and the Docklands
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Access BT Sports Canada
- It provides high-speed internet, ultra-fast connections, 100% uptime, six concurrent connections, and dedicated IP addresses.
- The encrypted layers and security protocols allow customers to spend time on the internet fearlessly.
- An AES-256-bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log policies make the connection viable and gain the confidence of customers that they’re performing encrypted activities over the internet.
- The onion cover VPN from NordVPN is a positive in this case. No cookies are stored, AES encryption is used to encrypt data, IP addresses are masked, and data breaches are prevented using clever DNS leak protection.
- A 24/7 Live Chat option enables the users to instantly respond to their queries, with high bandwidth and device support for six devices at a time.
- NordVPN pricing is $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and Manchester
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to unblock BT Sport in Canada
- Surfshark is another well-known VPN known for its high-speed attribute and several servers located in various countries and cities.
- Speed is the core attribute of this VPN, making it admissible for the users to surf the Internet without any discrepancies.
- Surfshark has 3,200+ servers located in 100+ countries worldwide, and all of them have AES 256-bit encryption protocol that secures the user’s data from being hacked and blocks third-party access.
- Zero-log is present in Surfshark with IP leaks and DNS servers to ensure that there is no third-party involvement in the process.
- A 24/7 online chat feature allows users to get their queries resolved from the higher tier of the company instantly.
- The most prominent feature is the pricing package, which starts from $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and London
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch BT Sport in Canada?
No, we never recommend a free VPN. A premium VPN is always preferred over a free VPN. Paid VPN services are reliable and secure.
Furthermore, compared to free VPNs, they provide a greater level of service. The free VPN services do not offer high-quality content or ease of use. They don’t have the operating systems to back up their work, and using them is inconvenient.
Rather than relying on a free VPN, it’s well worth investing in a reliable VPN that will work the first time and even allow you to access geo-restricted platforms from anywhere in the world virtually.
How to Subscribe to BT Sport in Canada?
The BT Sports subscription requires a UK credit card. If you don’t have one, you can ask a friend or family member in the UK to subscribe. Here’s how you can get a BT Sports subscription in Canada with a credit card issued in the United Kingdom:
- Click on ‘Buy Monthly Pass’ on the BT Sport website.
- Fill in your email address and password.
- Enter a UK postal code and payment information, and you are good to go once finished!
How Much is BT Sport in Canada?
|Package||BT Sport Price in UK Pound||BT Sport Price in Canadian Dollars|
|Sport Package||£18||CAD 30.49|
|Big Sport Package||£43||CAD 72.83|
|VIP Package||£76||CAD 128.72|
The BT TV owners can subscribe to BT Sport for as low as CAD 17.50/month with Exertainment Extra and Starter Combination.
If you own a BT Broadband, you can subscribe to BT Sports for CAD 27.81/month. However, BT Sports costs CAD 52.58/month if you don’t have broadband.
How Does a VPN Unblock BT Sport in Canada?
VPNs, or Virtual Private Networks, allow a user to mask their IP address, faking it in a region where you want to access, which is how your device is identified on the internet.
When your IP address is disguised, your true location will not be immediately known. That’s why it works against geo-restriction.
Normally, if you open up a BT Sport stream, the service will track the location that you’re accessing from Canada and will give you a geo-restricted error.
However, with a VPN connected to a UK or Ireland server, the platform will think you’re accessing it from those regions and will give you unrestricted access.
Why Is BT Sport Not Working With VPN?
You might see an error message that says something like lp205: sorry, but you can’t watch this content in Canada. This generally happens because BT Sport has previously blacklisted the VPN server you’re using.
In this case, always use a premium VPN that continually updates its servers when streaming providers in Canada, such as BT Sport and SonyLIV, prohibit it.
This is why we always recommend using premium, popular, and trusted VPNs like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
Quick Fixes if BT Sports Stops Working:
Even if you are connected via a VPN, it is possible that you will be unable to watch BT Sport in Canada owing to technical issues. If you find yourself in one of these circumstances, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Reconnect to any other UK server after disconnecting the VPN.
- Set the time on your device to the UK standard time.
- Before visiting BT Sport, clear your browser’s cache, cookies, and history.
- Disable the location services or GPS feature on your mobile device.
- Make sure you clear the cache in the BT Sport app for Android and iOS devices.
- Lastly, contact the VPN provider’s customer support team for more information.
Compatible Devices to watch BT Sport in Canada
Following are the devices that are compatible with watching BT Sports in Canada:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to Watch BT Sport in Canada on Your Device?
If you want to download the BT Sports app to your devices in Canada, follow these steps:
How Can I Watch BT Sport in Canada on Android Devices?
You can watch BT Sports in Canada on your Android device.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the BT Sports app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, BT Sports is now available on your Android device.
How Can You Get BT Sport in Canada on iOS Devices?
You can get BT Sports in Canada on your iOS device.
- First, change your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for BT Sports in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows now.
How Can You Watch BT Sport in Canada on Roku?
Here is how you can stream BT Sports in Canada on your Roku.
- Download and install ExpressVPN and log in.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to the UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through an HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select BT Sports on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How Can I Get BT Sport in Canada on PS3/PS4?
Here is how you can watch BT Sport in Canada on your PS3/PS4.
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “BT Sports.”
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- BT Sports has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Get BT Sport in Canada on Xbox?
Follow these easy steps to get BT Sports for Xbox users.
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect with the server in the UK.
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps. “
- Search for “BT Sports” in the “Xbox Store.
- “That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How to Stream BT Sport in Canada on Kodi?
Here is how you can stream BT Sports in Canada on your Kodi.
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and log in.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the BT Sports add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Watch BT Sport in Canada on Firestick?
Here is how you can watch BT Sports in Canada on your Firestick.
- Start up your Firestick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to any UK server.
- Enter the word ‘BT Sports’ and click on enter.
- The ‘BT Sports app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the BT Sports app has been installed, open it.
- Open the BT Sports app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching BT Sports on Firestick in Canada.
How to Get BT Sport in Canada on Apple TV?
Since Apple TV lacks dedicated VPN software, you must install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch BT Sport in Canada.
So follow the instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well as watching BT Sports in Canada on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to register your IP address automatically.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the BT Sports app; open it and start watching!
How to Binge BT Sport in Canada on Smart TV?
Here is how you can binge BT Sports in Canada on your Smart TV.
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the BT Sports app on your smart TV and create a free account to start watching.
How to Get BT Sport in Canada on a PC?
Here is how you can get BT Sports in Canada on your PC.
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Then go to the BT Sports website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching BT Sports in Canada, delete your cookies and cache, then log back.
What channels come with BT Sport?
Here is the channels list that you can get through BT Sport:
In HD subscription:
- BT Sport 1 HD
- BT Sport 2 HD
- BT Sport 3 HD
- BT Sport ESPN HD
In SD subscription
- BT Sport 1
- BT Sport 2
- BT Sport 3
- BT Sport ESPN
What to Watch on BT Sport in Canada?
BT Sports provides a wide range of fantastic Sports shows and events. Here’s a list of sports that you will find on BT Sports in Canada after subscribing to a premium VPN:
- American Football
- Gallagher Premiership
- Heineken Champions Cup
- Premier League
- Europa League
- Saturday Morning Savage
- Europa Conference League
- European Challenge Cup
- Premiership Rugby Cup
- Ligue 1
- The National League
Watch English Premier League 2023 on BT Sport in Canada
The Premier League season is almost here, and we’ve got you covered on all fronts to keep up with the drama as it unfolds during another thrilling season. The Premier League season will start on 6 August 2022.
This season, BT Sports is the only channel to watch every televised game from the English Premier League, and we’ve got all the details for the upcoming games below. Moreover, the fixed schedule will be released in July.
FAQs – BT Sport in Canada
Can you watch BT Sport in Canada?
Yes, you can watch BT Sport with the use of a VPN. To watch BT Sport in Canada, choose a British server from the list.
What countries is BT Sport available in?
BT Sport is only available in the United Kingdom. However, you can access BT Sport anywhere through a VPN subscription.
Can I get BT Sports in Canada?
Yes, you can get BT Sports in Canada via a VPN; we recommend ExpressVPN.
How can I get BT Sport for free?
Using a free VPN service, you may watch BT Sport for free. However, a commercial VPN is preferable to a free VPN since it provides a higher level of protection.
How to watch BT Sports on Sky TV?
To watch BT Sport on Sky, go to Sky TV and sign up for one of the two packages that include BT Sport. After that, sign up for a VPN, connect to its UK servers, and you’re ready. BT Sport is now available on Sky.
Can I stream BT Sports in Canada remotely?
You can watch BT Sport in Canada on your PC after acquiring it through our online player at btsport.com. To watch online, you’ll need a BT Sport ID, which will serve as the username and password for the online player.
Can you watch BT Sports on Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can watch BT Sport on Amazon Prime via subscription.
BT Sport may still be geo-restricted in Canada, despite geo-restrictions, but now you know how to unblock it using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN! You’ll still need to pay for the service, but you’ll never have to deal with that annoying error notice again.
That is, however, only the top of the VPN iceberg. You have unrestricted security and privacy with a VPN, which keeps you safe from hackers who want to harm or steal your data and use it against you.