Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch Channel 4 in Canada? No, you can't watch Channel 4 in Canada because of its geo restrictions. But a premium VPN is all you need. Through ExpressVPN You can safely access Channel 4 in Canada by following the mentioned steps in this blog.
Channel 4 is a British free-to-air channel available in Britain and owned by the state-owned Channel Four Television Corporation. Channel 4 first transmission began in 1982 and became the fourth TV service in the United Kingdom.
To access Channel 4 in Canada, you’ll need to subscribe to a premium VPN. So, without further ado, take a look at the below to step on how you can safely watch Channel 4 in Canada.
With our guidelines, you can easily bypass the geo-restrictions and watch Channel 4 in Canada.
How to Watch Channel 4 in Canada [Quick Guide in Dec 2023]
Follow these simple steps to watch Channel 4 in Canada using a premium VPN:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access the Channel 4 service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Canada?
Although Channel 4 is a free streaming app, it is only available in the United Kingdom, making it geo-restricted for the rest of the globe.
This is mostly about copyright and licensing difficulties. However, ExpressVPN is the only legal option to bypass geo-restrictions.
Whenever you try to access Channel 4 in Canada without a VPN, you will get the following geo-restricted error:
“Not Available. All 4 is only available in the UK. You can find more details on our FAQs.”
A VPN alternates your original IP address with one from the servers you choose; in this case, it’s the United Kingdom, making you appear to be a resident of that country. It is a secure online streaming and internet surfing solution that protects your personal information, payment information, and online transactions.
The fact that VPN provides online anonymity and establishes secure and encrypted connections is one of the reasons why it is used by so many individuals worldwide. Because there are so many VPNs on the market, We’ve created a list of the top three best VPNs below:
Top 3 VPNs Watch Channel 4 in Canada [Quick Overview in Dec 2023]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPNs to watch Channel 4 in Canada:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and 5 highly optimized server locations in the UK. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5,700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers 440+ highly optimized UK servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3,200+ servers in 100 countries with 600+ highly optimized servers in 4 cities in the UK. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Channel 4 in Canada in Dec 2023
Without further ado, check out my suggestions to see which three VPNs are the best for safely accessing and watching Channel 4 in Canada:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Canada
- Built-in speed: ExpressVPN allows you to check your web speed. Their fastest servers are operating in the UK.
- Standard of encryption: ExpressVPN uses an AES 256-bit encryption, which is considered the highest standard of encryption that cannot break easily.
- Kill switch feature: Furthermore, it has advanced security features, including DNS leak, Split tunneling, and kill switch features.
- Complete Protection: ExpressVPN provides full protection, as it doesn’t monitor the IP address you are connecting from. For instance, your login time, the IP you’re using, any traffic, or any data concerning the pages are safe.
- Subscription Plan: The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors, but worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is priced at $6.67 a month for an annual package that includes three months free. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Double protection.
- Kill switch feature.
- Split tunneling supports.
- A large number of servers with fast speeds.
- Verified & audited “no-logs” policy.
- Expensive than other VPNs but worth it.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Access Channel 4 in Canada
- Fast Servers: It offers a huge server network, with over 5,700+ servers across the globe. Its fast servers can easily bypass the firewalls of any geo-restricted sites.
- High tunneling protocol: Nordlynx is software used by NordVPN as a tunneling protocol that supplies ultimate fast connections, no matter where you are. It prevents the internet speed from slowing down.
- Advanced Security: NordVPN provides advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, trusted Server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete privacy.
- Double Protection: NordVPN provides its users with an extra layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and encrypting their web traffic.
- Subscription plan: NordVPN costs $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fastest VPN.
- Safe internet connection.
- Easy to use.
- Uninterrupted streaming.
- Access on multiple devices.
- The app is a bit slow.
- Some downtime issues.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to unblock Channel 4 in Canada
- Unique security techniques: Surfshark secures your identity from hackers by deleting any hint of your private information and browsing history with each reboot.
- Global Servers: Surfshark also offers over 3200 servers in over 100 countries, unlimited simultaneous connections at exceptionally high speed, and many servers – over 3200 in over 65 countries with no logs policy.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark uses AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that encrypt your internet traffic completely.
- Split Tunneling: If you want to access both foreign and local services simultaneously, Surfshark offers you a feature of split tunneling that allows you to be available abroad and be updated with local news.
- Subscription plan: Surfshark offers a great 24-month subscription plan for just $2.49 a month, which undercuts just about every other premium VPN.
- Safe to use.
- No data leaks.
- Split tunneling supports.
- Double protection.
- Dodgy customer service.
- Requires a broader audit.
Criteria for Choosing the Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Canada:
Many VPN services offer a wide range of features, but to access Channel 4 in Canada, you must subscribe to a premium VPN; below is the checklist you need to tick before subscribing to any VPN.
- It has the potential to unblock Channel 4 in Canada and other streaming channels like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more.
- Holds a vast range of US servers to unblock global content and sites.
- Speed is fast enough to stream videos in high quality without lagging.
- It must have a strict no-logs policy and provide strong encryption to protect your data.
- It offers a money-back guarantee, so you can avail of the subscription for a trial before subscribing.
- It offers the best customer service so that the user can get the solution for any query.
Can I watch Channel 4 in Canada with a free VPN?
You can, but we strongly discourage you from doing so. There are a number of disadvantages to using a free VPN that must be addressed. These VPNs have limited bandwidth and only a few servers, making it difficult to watch Channel 4. Free VPNs also track your internet habits and bombard you with adverts.
They might collect logs and sell them to other websites. Free VPNs are unreliable and should not be used for all four purposes. Instead, you should use a renowned premium VPN like the ones listed above for a safe connection.
Is Channel 4 available for free in Canada?
Due to its geo-restricted programming, Channel 4/All 4 or 4oD is a free-to-air live-streaming service that is only available in the United Kingdom. However, if you attempt to stream All 4 catch-up videos in Canada on any of its channels, it will show you the geo-restriction error.
How to Register for an Account on Channel 4 in Canada
You must first register an account to watch Channel 4 (British TV streaming service) live stream online for free. If you want to watch Channel 4 in Canada, you’ll need a VPN and a few steps to register an account in order to watch live streaming on All 4 in Canada. Follow the below steps to register for an account on Channel4 in Canada:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN, download the app, and connect to the UK server.
- Click “Start your 14-day free trial” on the Channel 4 website.
- Click “Register” in the email section.
- Set your password and enter your email address.
- To complete the registration, you must have a British address.
- The website will retrieve the address if you provide a postal code. For London, I used the postcode SW1P 2TX. Then, to finish your account creation, click “Register.”
- Lastly, go to Channel 4 and select “Live TV” to watch live streaming.
Things You Must Know About Channel 4
These streaming options you can find on Channel 4:
- On-Demand: All the latest catch-up, including the most popular series. It has a vast library of recent, classic, and online-only shows.
- Now: Live streaming of their TV channels, New shows, and returning series premieres. Some are available even before they’re shown on TV.
- On Soon: This category contains updates about new and returning shows. It also has trailers, clips, and exclusives from upcoming programs and films.
You can access all the programs of Channel 4, like the categories mentioned above, on All4.com’s official website, Android, and iOS devices.
All 4 offers a collection of programs from Channel 4, E4, and More4 to watch for free.
You can find the following on the home screen of the All4 app for its respective purposes.
- Catch Up: To search contents by broadcast date.
- Categories: Helps search content by genre.
- Box Sets: To find the classic shows of Channel 4.
- A-Z: To search for programs alphabetically.
- Search: To find programs, type in the show’s title.
Compatible Devices to watch Channel 4 in Canada
Following are the devices that are compatible with watching Channel 4 in Canada:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch Channel 4 in Canada on your device
If you want to download the Channel 4 app on your smart devices in Canada, follow these steps:
How to watch Channel 4 in Canada on Android?
- Open the ExpressVPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the Channel 4 app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Channel 4 is now available on your Android device.
How to get Channel 4 in Canada on iOS?
- First, change your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for Channel 4 in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
How Can you Watch Channel 4 in Canada on Roku?
- Download and install ExpressVPN and log in.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to the UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Channel 4 on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How to Watch Channel 4 in Canada on PS3/PS4?
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Channel 4”.
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Channel 4 has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to get Channel 4 in Canada on Xbox?
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Channel 4” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How Can you Get Channel 4 in Canada on Kodi?
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and log in.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the Channel 4 add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Watch Channel 4 in Canada on Firestick?
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources, download ExpressVPN, and connect to any UK server.
- Enter the word ‘Channel 4’ and click on enter.
- The ‘Channel 4 app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Channel 4 app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Channel 4 app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Channel 4 on Firestick in Canada.
How to stream Channel 4 on Apple TV?
Since Apple TV lacks dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch Channel 4 in Canada. So follow the instructions for installing Media Streamer below, as well as watching Channel 4 in Canada on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to register your IP address automatically.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then going to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the Channel 4 app; open it and start watching!
How Can I Watch Channel 4 in Canada on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Channel 4 app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How Can I Get Channel 4 in Canada on PC?
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Then go to the Channel 4 website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Channel 4 in Canada, delete your cookies and cache, then login back.
List of Channels on Channel 4 in Canada:
- Walter Presents
What to Watch on Channel 4 in Canada?
Channel 4 is one of the most popular television networks in the United Kingdom, and it has the country’s largest library of free on-demand entertainment. It has a lot of unique stuff, including the following:
- It’s a Sin
- A Very Royal Baby: From Cradle to Crown
- The Great British Bake Off
- One Tree Hill
- Married at First Sight Australia
- Teen First Dates
- Catching a Killer
- Treasure Island with Bear Grylls
- Ackley Bridge
Is Channel 4 available in Canada?
No, Channel 4 is not available in Canada because of the geo-restrictions policies, but we suggest you to buy a VPN and enjoy Channel 4 in Canada.
Does Channel 4 work in Canada?
No, Channel 4 doesn’t work in Canada as it is a geo-restricted streaming service that is only available in the UK, but here is a way to get Channel 4 that is by getting a VPN.
Can I watch Channel 4 in Canada without VPN?
Channel 4 is a geo-restricted service that is exclusively available in the United Kingdom. That’s why without a VPN, you will be unable to use this service in Canada
How to enable DRM on Channel 4?
- Go to chrome:/settings/content to change your content settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Protected Content from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle the “Allow sites to play protected material (recommended)” switch on.
Is it possible to watch Channel 4 without the app?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 online without downloading the app. All you have to do now is go to the All 4 website in your browser and you’re ready to watch!
Can I watch Channel 4 for free?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 for free if you join their website and choose My 4 from the drop-down menu.
The best way to bypass Channel 4’s geo-restrictions in Canada for a safe watching and accessing experience is to use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN. It’s important to note that if you’re seeking a technique to access restricted content, your proxy must be both secure and encrypted.
You cannot know if your data will be shared online without this, and you may be vulnerable to cyber-attacks. So, we highly recommend ExpressVPN to watch Channel 4 in Canada, which comes with ultra-secure online encryption, fast connection speeds, and a prompt customer support team.