Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Channel 4 is one of the most popular television networks in the United Kingdom, although its programming is geo-restricted due to licensing agreements. This means it’s only available in UK. But, the good news is that by using a premium VPN, you can bypass these restrictions and watch Channel 4 in USA.
How to Watch Channel 4 in USA [Quick Guide in 2022]
Follow these simple steps to watch Channel 4 in USA using a premium VPN:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access Channel 4 service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Channel 4 in USA?
Although Channel4 is a free streaming app, it is only available in the United Kingdom, making it geo-restricted for the rest of the globe. This is mostly about copyright and licensing difficulties. However, ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN is the only legal option to bypass it geo-restrictions. Whenever, you try to access Channel 4 in USA without a VPN, you will get the following geo-restricted error:
“Not Available. All 4 is only available in the UK. You can find more details on our FAQs.”
A VPN alternates your original IP address with one from the servers you choose; in this case, it’s the United Kingdom, making you appear to be a resident of that country. It is a secure online streaming and internet surfing solution that protects your personal information, payment information, and online transactions. The fact that VPN not only provides online anonymity but also establishes secure and encrypted connections is one of the reasons why it is used by so many individuals all over the world. Because there are so many VPNs on the market, I’ve created a list of the top three best VPNs below:
Top 5 VPNs Watch Channel 4 in USA [Quick Overview in May 2022]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch Channel 4 in USA:
ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley. It offers is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 3 highly optimized servers in UK.
AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Channel 4 in USA in 2021
Without further ado, check out my suggestions to see which three VPNs are the best for safely accessing and watching Channel 4 in USA:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 in USA
- For ultimate anonymity, the company additionally supports Tor over VPN, as well as an Internet Kill Switch service to keep your connection secure at all times.
- ExpressVPN also has a Smart DNS service for users who merely want to mask their location, as well as a Tor website if you don’t want the fact that you used a VPN site to be recorded elsewhere.
- It possesses almost 3000+ servers available worldwide, that’s why it’s the topmost choice of users to unblock Channel 4 in USA but the thing that mostly triggers the users is the pricing strategy.
- Express VPN has 20+ servers located in various regions of UK, and it’s a big benchmark for them as a service provider. The number of servers located in various countries around the world has an AES 256-bit encryption technique installed in them securing the user’s privacy and security.
- The pricing plan starts at $6.67 per month for a year, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the services.
- ExpressVPN offers over 3000 servers throughout the world and is known for its speed, security, price, performance, and optimum server connectivity.
- With highly secure security methods like the AES-256 bit encryption technology, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and others, you can unblock geo-restricted websites.
- A live chat option is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for immediate customer service, as well as browser extensions with high device compatibility.
- Windows, Android, MAC, and other TV platforms are all supported, allowing viewers to watch their favorite shows online!
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Channel 4 in USA
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Access Channel 4 in USA
- It provides high-speed internet, ultra-fast connections, 100% uptime, six concurrent connections, and dedicated IP addresses.
- The encrypted layers and security protocols allow customers to spend time over the internet fearlessly.
- An AES-256 bit encryption technique, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log policies make the connection viable and gain the confidence of customers that they’re performing encrypted activities over the internet.
- The Onion cover VPN from NordVPN is a positive in this case. No cookies are stored, AES encryption is used to encrypt data, IP addresses are masked, and data breaches are prevented using clever DNS leak protection.
- A 24/7 Live Chat option enables the users to instantly respond to their queries, with high bandwidth and device support for six devices at a time.
- NordVPN pricing packages start from $3.71, per month, for 2-years.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to unblock Channel 4 in USA
- Surfshark is another well-known VPN that is known for its high-speed attribute, and number of various servers located in various countries and cities.
- Speed is the core attribute of this VPN, and it makes it admissible for the users to surf the Internet without any discrepancies.
- Surfshark is basically having 3200+ servers located in 61+ countries worldwide, and all of them have AES 256-bit encryption protocol that secures the user’s data from being hacked and blocks third-party access.
- Zero-log is present in Surfshark as well with IP leaks, and DNS servers to ensure that there is no third-party involvement in the process.
- A 24/7 online chat feature, make it viable for the users to get their queries resolved from the higher tier of the company instantly.
- The most prominent feature is the pricing package, which starts from $2.49/month exclusively for 2-years with 30 day money back guarantee.
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Channel 4 in USA
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options.
- It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed.
- AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
Can I watch Channel 4 in USA using a free VPN?
You can, but we strongly advise against it. Free VPNs come with a number of drawbacks that must be addressed. These VPNs have restricted bandwidth and only a few servers, which makes accessing Channel 4 problematic. Free VPNs also bombard you with advertisements and track your online activities. They could amass logs and sell them to third-party websites. Free VPNs are untrustworthy and should not be used for All 4. Instead, you should go for a reputable premium VPN for a secure connection like the ones mentioned above.
Is Channel 4 free to watch in USA?
Channel 4/All 4 or 4oD is a free-to-air live streaming service that is only available in the United Kingdom due to its geo-restricted programming. If you try to watch All 4 catch-up content on any of its channels in USA, you will see the following error message:
How to Register for an Account on Channel 4 in USA
To watch Channel 4 (British TV streaming service) live stream online for free, you must first register an account. If you’re not in the UK, you’ll need a VPN and a few steps to register an account in order to watch live streaming on All 4 in the United States. Follow the below steps to register for an account on Channel4 in USA:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN, download the app, and connect to the UK server.
- Click “Start your 14-day free trial” on the Channel 4 website.
- Click “Register” in the email section.
- Set your password and enter your email address.
- To complete the registration, you must have a British address.
- The website will retrieve the address if you provide a postal code. For London, I used the postcode SW1P 2TX. Then, to finish your account creation, click “Register.”
- Lastly, go to Channel 4 and select “Live TV” to watch live streaming.
Compatible Devices to watch Channel 4 in USA
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch Channel 4 in USA:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch Channel 4 in USA on your device
If you want to download the Channel 4 app on your smart devices in USA, follow these steps:
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app and login using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Channel 4 app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Channel 4 is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- First, change your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for Channel 4 in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and login.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Channel 4 on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Channel 4”.
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Channel 4 has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Channel 4” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and login.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Channel 4 add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to any UK server.
- Enter the word ‘Channel 4’ and click on enter.
- The ‘Channel 4 app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Channel 4 app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Channel 4 app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Channel 4 on Firestick in USA.
For Apple TV Users
Since, Apple TV lacks a dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch Channel 4 in USA. So follow the below instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well watching Channel 4 in USA on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to automatically register your IP address.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the Channel 4 app, open and start watching!
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Channel 4 app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Then go to the Channel 4 website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Channel 4 in USA, delete your cookies and cache, then login back.
What to Watch on Channel 4 in USA?
Channel 4 is one of the most popular television networks in the United Kingdom, and it has the country’s largest library of free on-demand entertainment. It has a lot of unique stuff including list popular channels to watch on Channel 4 in USA.
- Walter Presents
- It’s a Sin
- A Very Royal Baby: From Cradle to Crown
- The Great British Bake Off
- One Tree Hill
- Married at First Sight Australia
- Teen First Dates
- Catching a Killer
- Treasure Island with Bear Grylls
- Ackley Bridge
Can I watch Channel 4 in USA without VPN?
Channel 4 is a geo-restricted service that is exclusively available in the United Kingdom. That’s why without a VPN, you will be unable to use this service in USA
How to enable DRM on Channel 4?
- Go to chrome:/settings/content to change your content settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Protected Content from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle the “Allow sites to play protected material (recommended)” switch on.
Is it possible to watch Channel 4 without the app?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 online without downloading the app. All you have to do now is go to the All 4 website in your browser and you’re ready to watch!
Can I watch Channel 4 for free?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 for free if you join up for their website and choose My 4 from the drop-down menu.
Channel 4 (sometimes also known as 4oD or All4) is a free live and on-demand streaming service available solely in the United Kingdom. Channel 4’s catch-up channels, Channel 4, E4, More4, 4Seven, Film4, and 4Music, are popular for British programming. Channel 4 is geo-restricted in USA that’s why British expats living or vacationing in USA can have direct access to Channel 4 in USA. To bypass such geo-restrictions you will need a premium VPN like ExpressVPN. I hope this blog has helped you access and watch Channel 4 in USA.