Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
To watch Channel 4 in Australia you will need a VPN with servers from the UK because it is geo-restricted and inaccessible outside the UK. Channel 4 also referred to as 4oD or All4 is a free live and on-demand streaming service that is available solely in the United Kingdom. We suggest you use ExpressVPN.
Want to watch Channel 4 in Australia? Fortunately, by subscribing to a premium VPN, you can watch and access Channel 4 in Australia. So, let’s take a look at the 5 best VPNs for bypassing Channel 4 geo-restrictions and watching Channel 4 in Australia without interruption. Here’s how you can do it!
How to watch Channel 4 in Australia [Quick Guide]
You can unblock Channel 4 in Australia with a VPN by following the steps listed below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access Channel 4 service and start streaming.
Why do you need a VPN to access Channel 4 in Australia?
Despite being a free streaming app, Channel 4 is only available in the United Kingdom, making it geo-restricted to the rest of the world. This is largely about issues with copyright and licensing. However, the only legal options for circumventing geo-restrictions are ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
A VPN replaces your original IP address with one from one of the servers you select; in this case, the United Kingdom, giving you the appearance of being a resident of that country. It’s a safe online streaming and surfing solution that safeguards your personal information, financial data, and online transactions.
Whenever you try to watch and access Channel 4 in Australia., you’ll see the following error message:
“Not Available. All 4 is only available in the UK. You can find more details on our FAQs.”
To bypass Channel 4 geo-restrictions, you will need a premium VPN. However, the below mentioned 3 best Channel 4 VPNS achieves this by masking a private network and securing your internet connection so that you cannot be tracked. Channel 4 will be available just as it is in UK after you connect to an UK server in Australia via a premium VPN like mentioned below.
Top 5 VPNs Watch Channel 4 in Australia [Quick Overview in Oct 2022]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch Channel 4 in Australia:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley. It offers is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free trial along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 662 highly optimized server locations in UK, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 3 highly optimized severs in UK.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in UK, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 best VPNs for watching Channel 4 in Australia:
To watch Channel 4 in Australia, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the 5 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Australia:
ExpressVPN is the best choice for streaming because it has more than 3,000 servers in 160 locations across 94 countries, including five in the United Kingdom. You’ll be able to view catch-up material from All 4, as well as other major digital TV services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video, even if you’re in a geo-restricted area. ExpressVPN comes with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS/IPv6 leak protection, among other security features. It doesn’t have any information that may be used to identify you, and it even lets you pay using bitcoin to keep your identity as anonymous as possible. Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week over the internet.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Hulu in Thailand
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to watch Channel 4 in Australia:
When it comes to network size, NordVPN is the clear winner. This VPN service boasts about 5,700 servers in 60 countries, with around 650 in the United Kingdom alone. It’s fast enough to stream live HD video from sites like All 4 without stuttering, and it can even unblock Netflix and Hulu. Security is a top priority for this seasoned service. By default, users can use 256-bit encryption, but they can additionally utilize DNS/IPv6 leak protection, an application-specific kill switch, Tor over VPN capability, and the option to use numerous VPNs at the same time. This service takes bitcoin payments and stores no personally identifiable information.
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Australia:
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN that offers a lot of features. It has servers in more than 60 countries, including the United Kingdom, and unblocks not only channel 4, but also platforms such as ITV Hub and BBC iPlayer. Security is, of course, just as crucial as the ability to unblock. Fortunately, Surfshark succeeds in this area as well: it employs 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leak protection to ensure that your actions remain private at all times. There’s also a tool that disables adverts and scans for malware automatically. Surfshark adheres to a stringent no-logging policy, ensuring your privacy. Should you require assistance, live chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
AtlasVPN – Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Channel 4 in Australia
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices. AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
How to subscribe to Channel 4 in Australia?
To subscribe to Channel 4 in Australia, follow this five-steps.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN, such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN application on your device.
- Once you’ve connected to a UK server, go to Channel 4’s website.
- To begin your free trial, go to the Channel 4 website and click “start your free trial.”
- Click on”Start your 14-day free trial.”
- Just below the email section, choose the “Register” button.
- Create your login credentials. Fill out your personal information, then scroll down to the address field and enter SW1P 2TX for your London address.
- To complete the process, click “Register.”
- You’ll get a verification email in your inbox; click the link to confirm your account, and you’ll be able to watch Channel 4 in Australia on your device.
How to Watch Channel 4 Live Stream in Australia
To watch Channel 4 live stream in Australia, follow these steps:
- To begin, connect to ExpressVPN’s UK server.
- Log in to the Channel 4 website using your credentials.
- From the top menu, select the “Live TV” option.
- Start watching Channel 4 live TV in Australia on whatever channel you want.
How much Channel 4 Costs in Australia?
Channel 4 is a free OTT service that is mostly supported by advertising. Users must, however, register in order to view the information. All 4 also provides a subscription version, All4+, at £3.99 per month, for people who want to watch the service without ads.
Can I watch Channel 4 in Australia using a free VPN?
Yes, you can, but I strongly recommend you not to do so. There are a number of disadvantages to using a free VPN that must be addressed. These VPNs have limited bandwidth and only a few servers, making it difficult to watch Channel 4. Free VPNs also track your internet habits and bombard you with adverts. They might collect logs and sell them to other websites. Free VPNs are unreliable and should not be used for all four purposes. Instead, for a safe connection, you should use a renowned premium VPN.
Channel4 Channels in Australia
Following are some of the platforms available on Channel 4 in Australia:
- Walter Presents
Channel 4 in Australia Compatible Devices:
Channel 4 in Australia is available on practically all devices and platforms, below is the list of Channel 4 in Australia compatible devices:
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
- Windows 10
- Android devices
- Xbox One
- iOS devices
- Amazon Fire
Now, let’s take a look at the guide on how to download Channel 4 in Australia on Android and iOS Devices.
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app and login using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Channel 4 app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Channel 4 is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- First, change your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for Channel 4 in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and login.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Channel 4 on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Channel 4”.
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Channel 4 has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Channel 4” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and login.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Channel 4 add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to any UK server.
- Enter the word ‘Channel 4’ and click on enter.
- The ‘Channel 4 app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Channel 4 app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Channel 4 app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Channel 4 on Firestick in Australia.
For Apple TV Users
Since, Apple TV lacks a dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch Channel 4 in Australia. So follow the below instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well watching Channel 4 in Australia on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to automatically register your IP address.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the Channel 4 app, open and start watching!
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Channel 4 app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Then go to the Channel 4 website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Channel 4 in Australia, delete your cookies and cache, then login back.
Channel 4 in Australia Compatible Browsers:
Following is the list of browsers that are supported by Channel 4 in Australia:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
What to watch on Channel 4 in Australia?
Channel 4 on Demand (All 4) currently offers 1500-plus programs archive available to stream. Popular TV shows such as the following:
- It’s a Sin
- A Very Royal Baby: From Cradle to Crown
- The Great British Bake Off
- One Tree Hill
- Married at First Sight Australia
- Married at First Sight Australia
- Before We Die
- Catching a Killer
- One Tree Hill
- The Great British Bake Off
- Ackley Bridge
- Treasure Island
- Teen First Dates
- Catching a Killer
- Treasure Island with Bear Grylls
- Ackley Bridge
FAQs on Channel 4 in Australia
If you don’t utilize a reliable VPN, you’ll never be able to access and watch Channel 4 in Australia. I strongly recommend you using ExpressVPN to watch Channel 4 in Australia because it encrypts your connection and protects your privacy.
Also, feel free to ask any concerns you have about using a VPN to unblock geo-blocked channels.