Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch Channel 4 in Australia? Yes, you can watch Channel 4 in Australia but you will need a VPN. We suggest you use ExpressVPN.
Channel 4 is a free-to-air channel available in Britain and owned by the state-owned Channel Four Television Corporation. Channel 4 first transmission began in 1982 and became the fourth TV service in the United Kingdom.
You must be worried about watching Channel 4 in Australia, you can easily access British content on Channel 4 by subscribing to a premium VPN no matter if you are living abroad or on vacation in Spain, Cyprus, the United States, Greece, Australia, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, Australia, or anyplace else in the world.
So, let’s take a look at the 3 best VPNs for bypassing Channel 4 geo-restrictions in Australia. Here’s how you can do it!
How to Watch Channel 4 in Australia [Quick Guide Dec 2023]
Wondering if can you unblock Channel 4 in Australia? Yes, you can unblock Channel 4 online in Australia with a VPN by following the steps listed below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and install its app.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to the UK server from the servers list.
- Now, access the Channel 4 service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Channel 4 in Australia?
Channel 4 is only available in the United Kingdom, making it geo-restricted to the rest of the world. This is mainly about issues with copyright and licensing. However, the only legal options for circumventing geo-restrictions are VPNs like ExpressVPN.
A VPN replaces your original IP address with one from one of the servers you select.
In this case, the United Kingdom gives you the appearance of being a resident of their country. It’s a safe online streaming and surfing solution that safeguards your personal information, financial data, and online transactions.
Whenever you try to watch and access Channel 4 Outside UK, you’ll see the following error message:
“Not Available. All 4 is only available in the UK. You can find more details on our FAQs.”
To bypass Channel 4 geo-restrictions, you will need a premium VPN. However, the five best Channel 4 VPNs below achieve this by masking a private network and securing your internet connection so that you cannot be tracked. So you can easily watch Channel 4 in USA and Channel 4 in Canada.
Channel 4 will be available just as it is in the UK after you connect to a UK server in Australia via a premium VPN like the one mentioned below.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch Channel 4 in Australia [Quick Overview in Dec 2023]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPNs to watch Channel 4 in Australia:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and 5 highly optimized server locations in the UK. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers 440+ highly optimized UK servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.79/mo. for 2 years + 3 extra months free with 54% off. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries with 600+ highly optimized servers in 4 cities in the UK. You can buy Surfshark for $1.99/mo. for 2 years + 4 extra months free + 82% Off; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Subscribe to Channel 4 in Australia?
To subscribe to Channel 4 in Australia, follow these steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN, such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN application on your device.
- Once you’ve connected to a UK server, go to Channel 4’s website.
- To begin your free trial, go to the Channel 4 website and click “Start your free trial.”
- Click on “Start your 14-day free trial.”
- Just below the email section, choose the “Register” button.
- Create your login credentials. Fill out your personal information, then scroll down to the address field and enter SW1P 2TX for your London address.
- To complete the process, click “Register.”
- You’ll get a verification email in your inbox; click the link to confirm your account, and you’ll be able to watch Channel 4 in Australia on your device.
3 Best VPNs for Watching Channel 4 in Australia [Detailed Analysis December 2023]
To watch Channel 4 online in Australia, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the 3 best VPNs.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Australia
- Built-in speed: ExpressVPN allows you to check your web speed. Their fastest servers are operating in the UK.
- Standard of encryption: ExpressVPN uses an AES 256-bit encryption, which is considered the highest standard of encryption that cannot break easily.
- Kill switch feature: Furthermore, it has advanced security features, including DNS leak, Split tunneling, and kill switch features.
- Complete Protection: ExpressVPN provides full protection, as it doesn’t monitor the IP address you are connecting from. For instance, your login time, the IP you’re using, any traffic, or any data concerning the pages are safe.
- Subscription Plan: The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors, but worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is priced at $6.67 a month for an annual package that includes three months free. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Double protection.
- Kill switch feature.
- Split tunneling supports.
- A large number of servers with fast speeds.
- Verified & audited “no-logs” policy.
- Expensive than other VPNs but worth it.
Recommended Servers: London, Wembley, and the Docklands
Get ExpressVPN and Start Accessing All These Streaming Sites:
- Adult Swim in Australia
- PBS in Australia
- Peacock TV in Australia
- CBS all access in Australia
- Fox Sports Go in Australia
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Australia
- Fast Servers: It offers a huge server network, with over 5,700+ servers across the globe. Its fast servers can easily bypass the firewalls of any geo-restricted sites.
- High tunneling protocol: Nordlynx is software used by NordVPN as a tunneling protocol that supplies ultimate fast connections, no matter where you are. It prevents the internet speed from slowing down.
- Advanced Security: NordVPN provides advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, trusted Server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete privacy.
- Double Protection: NordVPN provides its users with an extra layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and encrypting their web traffic.
- Subscription plan: NordVPN costs $3.79/mo. for 2 years + 3 extra months free with 54% off. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fastest VPN.
- Safe internet connection.
- Easy to use.
- Uninterrupted streaming.
- Access on multiple devices.
- The app is a bit slow.
- Some downtime issues.
Recommended Servers: Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, and Manchester
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Australia
- Unique security techniques: Surfshark secures your identity from hackers by deleting any hint of your private information and browsing history with each reboot.
- Global Servers: Surfshark also offers over 3200 servers in over 100 countries, unlimited simultaneous connections at exceptionally high speeds, and many servers.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark uses AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that encrypt your internet traffic completely.
- Split Tunneling: If you want to access both foreign and local services simultaneously, Surfshark offers you a feature of split tunneling that allows you to be available abroad and be updated with local news.
- Subscription plan: Surfshark offers a great $1.99/mo. for 2 years + 4 extra months free + 82% Off, which undercuts just about every other premium VPN.
- Safe to use.
- No data leaks.
- Split tunneling supports.
- Double protection.
- Dodgy customer service.
- Requires a broader audit.
Recommended Servers: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and London
Can I Watch Channel 4 in Australia Using a Free VPN?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 in Australia using a free VPN. But we strongly recommend you not to do so. There are several disadvantages to using a free VPN that must be addressed. These VPNs have limited bandwidth and only a few servers, making it difficult to watch Channel 4.
Free VPNs also track your internet habits and bombard you with adverts. They might collect logs and sell them to other websites. Free VPNs are unreliable and should not be used for all four purposes. Instead, for a safe connection, you should use a renowned premium VPN.
How to Watch Channel 4 Live Stream in Australia?
To watch Channel 4 live stream in Australia, follow these steps.
- To begin, connect to ExpressVPN‘s UK server.
- Log in to the Channel 4 website using your credentials.
- From the top menu, select the “Live TV” option.
- Start watching Channel 4 live TV in Australia on whatever channel you want.
How Much Does Channel 4 Cost in Australia?
Channel 4 is a free OTT service that is mostly supported by advertising. Users must, however, register to view the information. All 4 also provides a subscription version, All4+, at £3.99 per month for people who want to watch the service without ads.
Channel 4 Platforms in Australia
Following are some of the platforms available on Channel 4 in Australia:
- Walter Presents
Compatible Devices to Watch Channel 4 in Australia
Channel 4 in Australia is available on practically all devices and platforms. Below is the list of compatible devices that are available on Channel 4 in Australia:
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
- Windows 10
- Android devices
- Xbox One
- iOS devices
- Amazon Fire
Now, let’s look at the guide on downloading Channel 4 in Australia on Android and iOS Devices.
How to Watch Channel 4 in Australia on Android?
Here is how you can watch Channel 4 in Australia on Android.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the Channel 4 app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Channel 4 is now available on your Android device.
How to Get Channel 4 in Australia on iOS?
Follow the steps below to watch Channel 4 in Australia on your iOS device.
- First, change your Apple ID region to the UK in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Search for Channel 4 in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
How to Stream Channel 4 on Roku?
Roku users can watch Channel 4 in Australia by following the steps below.
- Download and install ExpressVPN and log in.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to the UK server.
- Now, insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Channel 4 on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How Can I Watch Channel 4 in Australia on PS3/PS4?
Mentioned below are the steps you need to follow to watch Channel 4 in Australia on PS3/PS4.
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Channel 4”.
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Channel 4 has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Get Channel 4 in Australia on Xbox?
Here is how you can get Channel 4 in Australia on Xbox.
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect with the server in the UK.
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Channel 4” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How to Stream Channel 4 in Australia on Kodi?
Through these steps, Kodi users can stream their favorite content on Channel 4 in Australia.
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and log in.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now, toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the Channel 4 add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Watch Channel 4 in Australia on Firestick?
Given below are the steps you need to follow to watch Channel 4 in Australia on Firestick.
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources, download ExpressVPN, and connect to any UK server.
- Enter the word ‘Channel 4’ and click on enter.
- The ‘Channel 4 app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Channel 4 app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Channel 4 app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Channel 4 on Firestick in Australia.
How to Access Channel 4 in Australia on Apple TV?
Since Apple TV lacks dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN as well as the MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch Channel 4 in Australia.
So, follow the instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well as watching Channel 4 in Australia on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting Page to register your IP address automatically.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then going to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the Channel 4 app; open it and start watching!
How to Binge Channel 4 in Australia on Smart TV?
How do you get Channel 4 on a smart TV? Follow the instructions below to binge channel 4 in Australia on Smart TV.
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Channel 4 app on your smart TV and create a free account to start watching.
How to Get Channel 4 in Australia on PC?
You can now easily get Channel 4 in Australia on your PC. Here is what you need to do:
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Then go to the Channel 4 website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Channel 4 in Australia, delete your cookies and cache, then log back.
Channel 4 in Australia Compatible Browsers
Following is the list of browsers that are supported by Channel 4 in Australia:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
What to Watch on Channel 4 in Australia?
Channel 4 on Demand (All 4) currently offers 1500-plus programs archived available to stream. Popular TV shows such as the following:
- It’s a Sin
- A Very Royal Baby: From Cradle to Crown
- The Great British Bake Off
- One Tree Hill
- Married at First Sight Australia
- Before We Die
- Catching a Killer
- Treasure Island
- Teen First Dates
- Treasure Island with Bear Grylls
- Ackley Bridge
FAQs on Channel 4 in Australia
Does Channel 4 work in Australia?
No, Channel 4 doesn’t work in Australia because of the geo-restrictions but you can watch Channel 4 in Australia with a VPN.
Is there a Channel 4 in Australia?
No, Channel 4 is a British channel that is not accessible in Australia because of the geo-restriction but a VPN can help you to get Channel 4.
Where can I watch Channel 4 in Australia without VPN?
Channel 4 is a geo-restricted television channel available only in the United Kingdom. As a result, you won’t be able to access this service outside of the UK without a VPN.
Is Channel 4 available in Australia?
Channel 4 is not available in Australia for free. However, you can access and watch it by connecting to ExpressVPN‘s UK server.
Is Channel 4 not available in Australia for free?
The free version of All 4 includes advertisements both before and during the broadcast. These adverts are personalized and served based on your IP address in the United Kingdom. If you don’t want to watch adverts while streaming, sign up for the All 4+ subscription plan.
How can I watch Channel 4 outside UK?
If you want to watch Channel 4 outside UK, you will need a reliable VPN; our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
How can you watch Channel 4?
You can watch Channel 4 by visiting its official website, or you can download its website.
Where do I catch up with Channel 4?
You can watch Channel 4 on different streaming sites where you can access many classic shows and movies.
Can I download shows to watch offline on Channel 4?
Yes, Channel 4 allows you to download TV shows for offline viewing. The download feature, however, is only available for Android and iOS devices. All downloaded TV shows are available for 30 days after the date of download before being removed. On All4, you can only download one show at a time.
How much data does Channel 4 consume?
According to our calculations, an hour of All 4 streaming consumes roughly 630 MB of your monthly data allowance. This is a very low number. The reason for this is because All 4 support 576p, which considerably reduces the amount of data that must be downloaded.
How much capacity do I need on my phone to watch Channel 4?
You’ll need at least 512 MB of RAM on smartphones to watch Channel 4 on demand. The requirements for tablets are slightly greater, at 1 GB. Caches will require an additional 20 MB.
How can I watch Channel 4 outside UK?
You can watch channel 4 outside UK with the help of a premium and Reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
How can you watch Channel 4?
You can watch Channel 4 with the help of a reliable and premium VPN because Channel 4 is only accessible in the UK. That’s why we recommend ExpressVPN.
Is Channel 4 streaming free?
Yes, all the content of Channel 4 is free to watch. You can easily access it through Channel 4’s website.
If you don’t utilize a reliable VPN, you’ll never be able to access and watch Channel 4 in Australia. We strongly recommend you use ExpressVPN to watch Channel 4 in Australia because it encrypts your connection and protects your privacy.
Also, feel free to ask any concerns you have about using a VPN to unblock geo-blocked channels.
People Also Read: