Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can I change my Netflix Region? Yes, you can easily change Netflix Region, all you have to do is connect to a VPN that offers US servers and start streaming US Netflix in your region.
Do you face limitations over how to change your Netflix region? It happens because of the official implementation of geo-restrictions from Netflix to maintain the libraries’ mechanism. Let’s dig into the article to learn how to remove limitations over easy sign-up and access to Netflix.
But the good news is, you don’t need to worry about it because we have already researched to develop easy guideline steps that can help you easily unblock and change the Netflix region in minutes without any additional technical steps within its settings.
How To Change Netflix Region [Quick Steps in Dec 2023]
How to change Netflix region with a VPN? In this section, we’re going to discuss the quick steps to change your Netflix region as per your choice;
- Subscribe, install, and download any VPN application over your devices. We would recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Login with the credentials you’ll receive after entering all the requested information during registration.
- Select the server of your choice.
- Then again, open the Netflix website, and you’ll automatically get all the series and movies as per that region.
Note: Remember that Netflix will display the content as per the server you select.
[Video Tutorial] How to Change Netflix Region [December 2023]
Why Do You Need a VPN to Change Netflix Region?
You may have to swap the region of your Netflix application because somehow, in your region, that specific series or movie won’t be available, making you frustrated, and move towards alternative, the easiest way to search over your favorite shows and content.
So, if you are one of those Harry Potter freaks, you don’t need to panic if Harry Potter isn’t available in your region because once you know how to change Netflix Region, you have all your favorite shows and movies in one place.
One of the simplest ways out is to get your devices connected to a Virtual Private Network (VPN), which gives you the privilege of changing the server and protocol as per your choice only if you have purchased the premium version; otherwise, mostly free VPNs work with automatic selection of servers.
Is it legal to change the Netflix region? Yes, it is completely legal to change the Netflix region. With a VPN, you can encrypt all your traffic, so any ISP cannot monitor your online activities as your IP address and physical location are masked. You might encounter the following issues when accessing Netflix to change regions with a VPN:
So, can you Change Netflix Region? Yes, you can change Netflix Region by getting your devices connected with a VPN connection is one of the most innovative ways out because it’s pocket-friendly and secure compared to other alternatives, like using a proxy connection, where various ambiguities and vulnerabilities are associated with the connection establishment.
If you are thinking about how to change the Netflix region without a VPN, then let me tell you that there is no way to do this, and you will always need a VPN to change your Netflix region.
3 Best VPNs to Change your Netflix Region [Detailed Analysis December 2023]
In this section, we will list and explore the Best VPNs for changing Netflix region and also optimal for changing the region of Netflix within minutes in pocket-friendly pricing packages.
ExpressVPN – Secured Fast Speed Streaming for Netflix
- ExpressVPN offers over 3000+ servers worldwide and 24 highly optimized server locations in the USA around the world and is fast enough to stream NBC without any apparent lag.
- Advanced security features like 256-bit encryption, a kill switch (desktop only), complete forward secrecy, and DNS and IPv6 leak protection secure your traffic. In the event that a problem arises.
- Additionally, the company’s customer service team is available via live chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- ExpressVPN keeps no logs of your sessions or activities and even takes Bitcoin payments, so you’ll be almost anonymous.
- The protocols OpenVPN, IKEv2, and L2TP assist in making the features more durable, and WireGuard is another significant feature that makes it easier to secure the user’s data.
- ExpressVPN’s annual subscription is $6.67/month and gets 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money.
- ExpressVPN is compatible with 5 devices at once and supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- If you are still wondering which VPN for Netflix? So we will surely recommend ExpressVPN to unblock all entertainment websites with the network of ExpressVPN because of the quality top-tier security protocols and AES-256-bit encryption technique; WireGuard, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP instantly unblock the geo-restriction regardless of how strong the restrictions layers are formed.
For instance, let us mention some of the best server allocations in various regions worldwide to witness a high bandwidth speed for uninterrupted streaming of entertainment platforms.
|ExpressVPN (USA Servers)||Speed Frequency|
|Local European||Downloading speed of 59.12|
|Los Angeles||Downloading speed of 48.77|
|Tampa||Downloading speed of 59.1|
|San Jose||Downloading speed of 47.54|
Netflix was initially released in California, United States, so we have mentioned the top ExpressVPN servers allocated in the USA region.
So, you can connect your devices with these regions to enjoy streaming your favorite shows and movies at remarkably high speed and throughput. ExpressVPN works best with Netflix. You can watch Netflix anywhere, and any regional library is accessible through this VPN.
With the help of ExpressVPN:
- Can I Unblock US Netflix in Malaysia?
- How Can I Access US Netflix in New Zealand?
- How to Start Streaming US Netflix in Singapore?
- Can I Get US Netflix in France?
NordVPN – A Reliable VPN Service Provider in Town
- With over 5,700+ servers scattered over 80 countries while boasting one of the largest networks available.
- The connection is practical thanks to AES-256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log rules, which give clients confidence that they are conducting encrypted activities over the internet.
- Not only that, but the pricing packages are also quite affordable, allowing clients to migrate to a network with a kill-switch and split-tunneling capability, allowing data packets to be transferred.
- You can get NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, ensuring that clients’ complaints are addressed in the event that they are dissatisfied with the network and services.
- Unblocking of geo-restricted websites is also available, allowing binge-watchers to benefit from a bypassing feature that ensures a secure connection.
- Fast bandwidth, up to six simultaneous connections, and servers specialized for P2P file sharing and DDoS protection are also available.
Following Speed, You Will Experience While Downloading and Visiting Any Website with NordVPN:
|NordVPN Connectivity||Ping||Download Speed||Upload Speed|
|Without NordVPN||6ms||78.50 Mbps||91.85 Mbps|
|With NordVPN||12ms||87.72 Mbps||83.20 Mbps|
In 2019, NordVPN was awarded the “Best VPN award at CES.” This recognition has helped them generate significant revenues and positive customer feedback. So, it’s justified that you can enjoy unlimited access with NordVPN’s highly strong encryption layers.
NordVPN is a viable option as it possesses all the recent hacks and tricks to fix all the errors and issues in one place easily.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami.
Watch Netflix in Different Regions with NordVPN:
- How can I get American Netflix in the UK?
- Does US Netflix work in South Africa?
- Can I access US Netflix in Canada?
Surfshark – A Pocket-Friendly VPN for Streaming Netflix
- Surfshark is another well-known VPN that is known for its high-speed capabilities as well as a large number of servers in various countries and places.
- Its most important feature is its speed, which allows users to surf the Internet without interruptions.
- Surfshark has over 3200 servers in 100 countries across the world, all of which use the AES 256-bit encryption technology to protect users’ data from being hacked and to prevent third-party access.
- Surfshark will cost you $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- With no connection limit, it’s even better. This VPN protects you from snoopers with WebRTC, IPv6, and DNS leak prevention, as well as 256-bit AES encryption and a kill switch (which is available in all versions).
- You can also utilize the built-in split tunneling capability to allow some apps to bypass the VPN if you wish to use services from multiple countries without constantly switching the VPN on and off.
- It also includes a zero-log feature, as well as IP leaks and DNS servers, to ensure that no third parties are involved in the process.
- You can get Surfshark at a discounted price for Netflix and enjoy surfing all the famous content on Netflix; let’s look at the speed factors of Surfshark, which made it famous amongst all the VPN service providers in the market.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit.
- 2x10Gbps Per Server
- Average Speed throughout 71 Mbps
- Video Streaming Support 4K, UHD video streaming
- Online Streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, BBC iPlayer
Surfshark enriches the connection with highly secured VPN protocols and policies with all the recent technologies to unblock geo-restricted websites easily.
As per research following speed frequencies were observed in different countries/cities;
- North America: 70 Mbps
- Asia: 79 Mbps
- Europe: 64 Mbps
How We Chose the Best VPNs for Changing Your Netflix Country
The following are the points to consider while choosing the best VPN for Netflix:
- It must have a more extensive server network, including many servers throughout the United States.
- For HD streaming of Netflix live shows, it must have fast servers.
- It must employ cutting-edge encryption technology, such as AES-256-bit encryption.
- A dependable customer support crew must be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- It should be able to unblock Netflix and comparable streaming services.
Why Do I Have to Change Netflix Region?
Sometimes, we face difficulties accessing our favorite shows and movies on Netflix as they are not released in our region or country. As an alternative, we searched within different mediums but never found any high-quality video of that content.
Whereas with a VPN connection, we can bypass the restriction and replace our server with one with our favorite content and movies released officially in it.
The List of Shows Blocked in America
Here is the list of shows that are blocked in the USA region, but we can access them outside the US:
- Modern Family
- Doctor Who
- Star Trek Discovery
- Orphan Black
- Prison Break
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Big Bang Theory
- Sons of Anarchy
Is It Safe to Use a Free VPN to Change Netflix Region?
Can I use a free VPN to change regions on Netflix? We will never recommend using a Free VPN to change a Netflix region because Free VPNs rarely allow customers to change the server and then the Netflix region. They select the region automatically, and customers must search within that connection.
Can I Use a DNS Proxy to Change Regions on Netflix?
Netflix has been cracking all the VPN connections and Proxies trying to overcome its restrictions layers. Although some strong VPNs can bypass the connection, encryption layer Proxies are still far away from this approach.
Now, it’s time to share the good news with you guys! Now it’s possible to unblock Netflix US with a Smart DNS server Proxy; although it’s a bit of a time-consuming process to make it start working, at least you can enjoy your streaming!
Which Region’s Netflix Libraries Have the Best Content?
Which country versions of Netflix are available? As per recent research and analysis in 2021, it has been observed that the most extensive Netflix media library comes in Ireland, with almost 6,379 titles made available on the screens of Netflix, whereas in the second, we have Malaysia with 6,361 titles.
Okay, I’m using a VPN to Change My Region, But Now Netflix Won’t Let Me In!
If you change the region, using the method we mentioned in the article, and still face issues while trying to log in to Netflix, then the only possible reason might be that your VPN provider doesn’t work with Netflix. Netflix usually blocks thousands of anonymous IP addresses that belong to a Proxy network or VPN connection,
So, for this very reason, we always recommend using the leading VPNs mentioned in this article for a secure and well-encrypted connection.
The best Netflix country library options
You surely want more Netflix titles. That’s why you want to Change Netflix Region. Here is a quick solution: Subscribe to ExpressVPN to start streaming any of your favorite Netflix titles:
We provide a list of different country’s Netflix libraries that you can access:
|Country||Number of titles|
You Might Change Netflix Region but Still Get a Netflix Proxy Error [Quick Fixes Dec 2023]
What if my VPN doesn’t change my Netflix region? You can follow the following steps to unblock Netflix and bypass the restrictions that might come up your way, disturbing your daily searching:
- Check if your VPN customer support is there to solve your problem. There can be some server-down issues.
- Reconnect to the VPN server repeatedly, as there might be some glitch within the connection.
- Try connecting your devices to a different region so your IP address will be changed, and you can connect to Netflix again.
- Clear your cache, and again, try to reconnect with the application.
- Try to clean your cookies, search history, and temporary files.
How to Change the Netflix Region Without Buying a VPN?
There are various methods of changing your Netflix region without investing in a VPN. Other options include:
- Proxy Websites: These are the free and reliable pathways between you and your Netflix server.
- Remote PC: Using your PC in a remote location can also help you use it as a proxy.
- Tor Browser: A Tor browser helps you entirely bypass Netflix’s geo-ban without a VPN.
- SmartDNS: A SmartDNS helps change your IP address before sending a request to Netflix, hence tricking the streaming platform and bypassing its restrictions.
How to Change the Netflix Region on Your Device?
Here is how you can change your Netflix region on your respective devices.
How to Change Netflix Region on Your iPhone?
How to change the Netflix region on your iPhone? Here is how you can change your Netflix Region on your iPhone.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Install the VPN application on your device and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the US or any other country you prefer.
- Open your Netflix account on the same device and stream away!
How to Change Netflix Region on your Android?
Below are the steps you can follow to change your Netflix region on Android.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Install its application from the Google Play Store and sign in with your credentials on your device.
- Connect to a server in the US or any other country you prefer.
- Open your Netflix account on the same device and binge any show you like.
How to change the Netflix Region on Gaming Consoles
PlayStation and Xbox consoles do not directly support VPN apps, so to change Netflix region, you need to choose a different method; below, we have mentioned some easy steps to change your Netflix region.
- Subscribe to a VPN; we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect the server to the preferred region for watching Netflix.
- Connect your gaming console to the Wi-Fi network.
- Visit Netflix to start streaming.
How to Change Netflix Region on your PS4?
While PS4 does not support VPN apps, there are still a few ways that you can use to change your region on Netflix. Using ExpressVPN‘s MediaStreamer is a reliable option. Here is how you can do that:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and open its website.
- Visit its DNS settings page and visit the IP address registration.
- Select ‘Register my IP address‘ and switch to ‘Automatically register my IP address to the on position.’
- Now, locate your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address on the setup page of ExpressVPN.
- On your PS4, visit the Settings option. From there, choose Set Up Internet Connection from Network.
- Select any network you prefer, like Wi-Fi or LAN cable.
- You will see the option of ‘How do you want to set up the Internet connection?‘ where you must choose ‘Custom.’
- In the following setup, follow this pattern: IP Address Settings > Automatic, DHCP Host Name > Do Not Specify, DNS Settings > Manual. Finally, choose Primary DNS.
- Enter your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address, tap ‘Done‘, and then ‘Next.’
- Finally, follow this pattern: MTU Settings > Automatic, Proxy Server > Do Not Use, Internet settings updated > Test Internet Connection.
- Get your device restarted for these steps to work, and you’re good to go.
How to Change Netflix Region on your Roku?
Can I change my Netflix region on Roku? Here are the steps to change your Netflix region on Roku.
- First, set up your VPN router and connect it to a Roku device.
- On your PC, connect a VPN-protected internet hotspot with your Roku.
- Finally, screencast your device with Roku and change your region.
How to change Netflix region on TV
Can you change region on Netflix TV? You can Change Netflix region on TV by following these simple steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Pick the region and connect the server.
- Log in with your Netflix credentials.
- Start streaming Netflix on TV.
Can You Use Netflix in Two Different Countries at the Same Time?
Yes, you can use Netflix in two countries simultaneously by either using a VPN or accessing the Netflix library of countries you are currently in. As Netflix’s standard subscription allows two people to use the account with the condition of them living together, it is still possible to use Netflix if you are countries apart.
Can I Get Netflix Subtitles in My Language?
Yes, but that vastly depends on what region you reside in (or have opted for on your VPN app) and the content you are streaming. If your preferred language is French, chances are very low that you will get languages like Arabic or Hindi over your preferred language for subtitles.
Watch What is worth watching on Netflix in 2023?
Here is a list to watch some incredible shows and movies on Netflix:
- The Dictator
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- The Big Bang Theory
- True Grit (2010)
- Drive (2019)
- Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story (2022)
- The Good Doctor
- Mindhorn (2016)
- Fate: The Winx Saga (2021)
- Resident Evil
FAQs – Change Netflix Region
Is it legal to unblock Netflix using a VPN connection?
Is it illegal to use VPN for Netflix? No, it is not illegal to unblock Netflix using a VPN connection and enjoy unlimited access to your favorite shows and content.
How to change Netflix without VPN?
Well, this is quite impossible. Because Netflix libraries that are shown to you are based on the geographic location that you are in, only a VPN that can mask and shift your geographic IP address can help, in this case, to change Netflix’s location.
How do I change the country on my Netflix account?
The safest way to change the country on my Netflix account is by using a VPN connection.
How to change region on Netflix?
If you want to Change Netflix region, you will need a VPN as it is the only way to change Netflix region, subscribe to ExpressVPN, connect it with the server in the US, and start streaming Netflix with the changed region.
Why is Netflix still region locked?
Netflix is restricted to distributing the content in limited regions mostly; their content is available only in the US library, which is not available outside of the USA. To access the blocked content, subscribe to ExpressVPN and change Netflix Region.
How to change Netflix region for free?
Though Netflix is free to change your Netflix region, you will need a VPN that can work, and a free VPN will not work in this case.
Can you watch Netflix in Spain with a UK account?
Your Netflix account will work in Europe or Spain, but you can only watch European content. To Change Netflix region, you will need a reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Can VPN change Netflix region?
Yes, a VPN can surely change the Netflix region; all you have to do is subscribe to ExpressVPN, connect with the US server, and start streaming.
How Can I Watch US Netflix in Australia?
You can watch blocked US Netflix content in Australia with a secured VPN connection by selecting the US server so Netflix will start displaying all the content as per your selected server.
How Can I Watch US Netflix in New Zealand?
You can watch US Netflix in New Zealand, with a secured connection of a VPN, by selecting the server of the US so Netflix will start displaying all the content as per your selected server.
How do I change my Netflix location on my smart TV?
To change your Netflix region on Smart TV, you need a premium VPN, as it will change your location by providing you a temporary IP address so that you can watch restricted Netflix content.
How do you change your Netflix region?
How do I change my Netflix region with VPN? You can change your Netflix region if you get a paid VPN server with solid bandwidth to hide your original identity and give you a fake one from your desired region.
How to watch Netflix from other countries?
To watch Netflix from other countries, you will need a VPN, and we recommend ExpressVPN.
How to watch UK Netflix?
It is easy. You can watch UK Netflix just by subscribing to a premium VPN and enjoy your favorite content without any hassle. (We recommend ExpressVPN)
How do you change the country on Netflix?
First, subscribe to a reliable VPN, then connect with the US server. It will change your location and convert it into a US country location.
How do I change my Netflix region without VPN?
Can I change my Netflix region without a VPN? You cannot change your Netflix region without a VPN; to change the Netflix region, you need a VPN.
How do I change my Netflix server?
You can subscribe to ExpressVPN as it offers the most US servers for Netflix, which means you can easily change the Netflix servers.
How to change Netflix to Canada?
Simply subscribe to a premium VPN with massive servers in Canada, and it will connect you to the Canadian Netflix library.
How do you change the country on Netflix?
You can change your country with the help of a VPN. we recommend ExpressVPN as it has the most highly optimized servers from different regions, so you can connect with any server and start streaming US Netflix in your region, and you can watch Netflix in other countries.
Which country has the best Netflix in 2023?
The US has the best Netflix content in 2022, as it contains a maximum number of content titles, 5900+, making the customer’s experience worthy and memorable.
Does Netflix allow VPNs to access content?
Yes, with a secured VPN connection like ExpressVPN, you can easily unlock the restriction applied on Netflix and enjoy unlimited access to your favorite shows and content instantly.
What happens if I change the country on Netflix?
When you are watching Netflix outside of the US you get a limited selection of TV shows and movies, but when you change the region or country on Netflix through a VPN, you can get different types of content that vary by country.
How to change Netflix region for free?
Well, changing the Netflix region is free. Though buying a VPN to change Netflix region might cost you a bit, you will easily watch other countries’ Netflix.
We hope this article will help you while unblocking Netflix in your region.
Changing the Netflix region is not as hard as we thought; you have to work with the settings of your selected VPN and the speed they’re offering while streaming so you can Change Netflix Region.
If you still have questions regarding the services and content listed in this article, please comment in the feedback section so we can develop a comparable topic next time!