Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
You'd think you know your own family. Not so for the Bennett siblings as their dead mother leaves a will that unveils long-buried family secrets. Black Cake on Hulu is a drama series with a central mystery about a woman of color defeating the odds to make a life and family on her own terms.
What if you wake up one day and realize that nothing about you and your family is true? Your parents hiding their entire lives, as well as identity from you, could spin your world out of control. But it could also be an eye-opening moment about what horrors they hid from you to protect you.
Black Cake on Hulu is about Eleanor who lived in Jamaica, until bad financial conditions and an abusive marriage drove her away from her country. As she died, her children learned about her past based on the recording which she left for them to hear.
It is a wonderful as well as chilling story which we would recommend you watch on Hulu. If you are not based in the USA, make sure that you have a premium VPN, like ExpressVPN to bypass the geo-ban easily.
How to Watch Black Cake on Hulu with a VPN [5 Easy Steps Dec 2023]
Here is how you can watch Black Cake on Hulu with a VPN in 5 steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN, like ExpressVPN.
- Install its app on your device.
- Enter your credentials, and then connect to a US-based server.
- Install Hulu on your device and sign into it.
- Search for Black Cake. That’s all!
Black Cake Release Date
Black Cake premiered on November 1, 2023, on Hulu after 12 a.m. PT / 3 a.m. ET.
Plot for Black Cake
Two adult siblings come together to grieve the death of their mother and to hear her will. They inherit a flash drive that contains their mother’s voicemails revealing everything about herself and her past, something which she had always been reluctant to share.
She revealed that during the 1960s in Jamaica, she was sold off to pay off her parent’s debts as a bride to one of the people her family owed money to. As the marriage turns out to be abusive, she escapes after her husband mysteriously dies.
Her journey to escape her past and start a new life from scratch takes her to the UK, Italy, and lastly the USA. The revelations made by their mother, including her telling them her actual name, weigh heavily on the siblings who had to live with this information and examine their idea of their mother.
Where Can I Watch Black Cake?
You can watch Black Cake on Hulu easily. If you are not subscribed to Hulu you can get a trial to test it out. After the 30-day free trial of Hulu’s ad-free plan, you would be required to pay $17.99 per month for it.
Cast for Black Cake
Below is the cast for Black Cake which you can stream on Hulu:
- Mia Isaac as Covey
- Chipo Chung as Eleanor Bennett
- Adrienne Warren as Benny Bennet
- Ashley Thomas as Byron Bennett
- Lashay Anderson as Bunny Pringle
- Rupert Evans as James Everett
- Rebecca Calder as Mrs. Quintrell
- Simon Wan as Lin
- Anna Mawn as Beatrice Rossimoore
- Rachel Lin as Mama Lynncook
- Faith Alabi as Pearl Thomas
- Ahmed Elhaj as Gibbs Grant
Official Trailer for Black Cake on Hulu
Below is the official trailer for Black Cake on Hulu:
Genre of Black Cake
Black Cake is a family drama wrapped in a murder mystery.
Total Episodes of Black Cake on Hulu
Here is a list of total episodes of Black Cake on Hulu:
- Episode 1, “Covey”: streaming November 1
- Episode 2, “Coventina”: streaming November 1
- Episode 3, “Eleanor”: streaming November 1
- Episode 4, “Mrs. Bennett”: streaming November 8
- Episode 5, “Mother”: streaming November 15
- Episode 6: streaming November 22
- Episode 7: streaming November 29
- Episode 8: streaming December 6
Do I Need a VPN to Watch Black Cake on Hulu?
Yes, you need a VPN to watch Black Cake on Hulu because Hulu is available for streaming only in the USA. So, if you don’t reside there, chances are that you would need a premium VPN to bypass its geo-ban. If you wish to know which VPN you should go for, we recommend ExpressVPN.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch Black Cake on Hulu [Quick Overview Dec 2023]
Below are the three best VPNs that work with Hulu to Stream Black Cake.
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch content from anywhere. It costs $6.67 monthly for its yearly package and three months of free streaming. In addition, ExpressVPN is a risk-free VPN with a 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- NordVPN: It contains 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It includes a 2-year-long subscription, with $3.71 per month. Its 2-year plan is 72% off with three months FREE, including a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best affordable VPN, costing only $2.49 monthly for its 2-year package. It offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries and unlimited ongoing connections.
FAQs – Black Cake on Hulu
Where can I watch Black Cake?
You can watch Black Cake on Hulu exclusively. If you do not get Hulu in your region, get a reliable VPN and connect to a US server.
What is Black Cake about on Hulu?
Black Cake on Hulu is about a woman of color who took charge of her life and escaped to America to start over from scratch.
How many episodes of Black Cake are on Hulu?
There are eight episodes of Black Cake on Hulu for you to stream right now.
How many episodes is Black Cake?
Black Cake is based on eight episodes for you to watch on Hulu.
What is the Black Cake adaptation?
Black Cake is an adaptation of Charmaine Wilkerson’s mystery.
A portrait of a young woman who, above all else, prioritizes her self-preservation, Black Cake on Hulu is a deeply engrossing watch.
If you do not get Hulu where you live, take our advice and get a VPN. If you ask us, we recommend ExpressVPN to bypass the geo-blocks and watch what you want from anywhere!
Also, read the following: