Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Do you know how to cancel HBO Max subscription? We are here for you. Simply read this blog and cancel your HBO Max subscription easily.
Can I cancel my HBO Max subscription? Yes, you can cancel your HBO Max subscription by following the steps we have shared with you.
A new video streaming service from HBO is called HBO Max. For several years, HBO has served as a mainstay in American homes. The network is famous for its original programming. After a partnership with Discovery Plus, HBO Max adopted a new name and is now known simply as Max.
Unfortunately, those living or traveling outside the US find it irritating that the HBO Max subscription is geo-restricted due to licensing issues. Anywhere worldwide, you may access HBO Max using a dependable VPN for HBO Max. We recommend ExpressVPN.
But occasionally, for various reasons, people tend to discontinue their HBO memberships. Therefore, if you’re curious about how to cancel your HBO Max account, this tutorial is for you.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription/Trial [Quick Guide Feb 2024]
Here’s how to cancel HBO Max free trial or subscription by following these easy steps:
- Sign into your account on hbomax.com.
- Go to your profile option from the upper right corner.
- Go to the Settings menu and select Subscription.
- Select Manage Subscription > Cancel Subscription.
- Verify the cancellation and remember the expiry date.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription? [8 Different Methods]
There are eight different ways through which you can cancel your HBO Max subscription.
Cancel via Web Browser
- Log in on the HBO Max home page.
- After logging in, select your name from the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Subscription” from the drop-down menu if you are asked to.
- From the menu on the left, select “Manage Subscription.”
- End your subscription in a new window by choosing that option from the menu on the right side of the website.
- Pick your favorite justification for backing out.
- Simply click “Yes, Cancel Subscription.”
- Check the subscription expiration date that is displayed on the confirmation page.
Cancel on Smartphone (Android/iOS)
- Open HBO Max on your device.
- You can select the “Profile” tab if you are already logged in.
- The “Settings” button should be chosen.
- Simply click “Billing Information.” Depending on the subscription service you select, you’ll see one of two options from this point.
- If there is an option to “Manage Subscription,” select it; if not, keep going until you see the “Cancel Subscription” button. It can be a subscription that is billed by Apple or Google.
- But if “Learn More” is your lone option and not “Manage Subscription,” you should go to the next stage.
- Anytime you see the More Info link, click on it. A list of businesses that provide HBO Max will then show up.
- To cancel your subscription with the specified provider, follow the instructions provided.
Cancel HBO Max if Subscribed through Hulu
- Simply go to hulu.com/account.
- If you haven’t already, log into your personal account.
- By accessing your account and choosing the “Your Subscription” page, you can change your membership plan at any time.
- Locate the toggle for HBO Max and deactivate it.
- To turn a checkmark into an X, click it.
- Now click on the “Review Changes” tab. HBO Max won’t be available to you anymore.
Cancel HBO Max Subscription through Cable Service Provider
- Connect online to your HBO Max account.
- Just select the account name. It should show up in the screen’s upper right corner.
- Select “Subscription” at this time.
- Locate the business you are paying for to access the content.
- The provider’s website or by contacting customer support to terminate your membership.
Cancel HBO Max on Roku
- At my.roku.com, log in with your account information.
- Under the heading Manage account, click the link titled Manage your Roku-billed Subscription.
- Search for HBO Max on the list of services that are now accessible.
- Click Cancel and then confirm whether you want to cancel your membership.
Cancel HBO Max on Smart TV
- Visit samsungcheckout.com and log onto your Samsung account.
- Subscriptions can be found under the Order History option.
- Select your HBO Max membership and select the Unsubscribe option.
Cancel HBO Max through Amazon Prime
- Go to the App Store > Subscriptions after logging into your Amazon account.
- You may stop the automatic renewal by going to your Subscriptions and then selecting HBO Max.
Cancel HBO Max Account on Xfinity
- Visit HBOMax.com/subscribe on a computer or mobile device.
- Choose between the monthly, quarterly, or annual billing cycle and then between the mobile and basic membership options.
- After filling out the necessary fields, press the Create Account option.
- Give a means of payment.
- Press the Subscribe option after selecting the Subscriptions tab.
- Choose a persona, then launch your broadcast right now.
How to Re-Subscribe to HBO Max?
- Access HBOMax.com/subscribe on a computer or mobile device.
- Choose between the monthly, quarterly, or yearly billing cycle and then between the mobile and basic membership options.
- After filling out the necessary fields, click the Create Account button.
- Give a means of payment.
- Press the Subscribe option after selecting the Subscriptions page.
- Choose a persona, then launch your broadcast right now.
Why Can’t I Cancel my Subscription to HBO Max?
- The issue should be resolved by restarting your Wi-Fi router and your iOS or Android smartphone’s network connection.
- You should also see if HBO Max is unavailable. A tool called Downdetector can be used to track server disruptions. Then, until they are functioning, there is nothing you can do.
- Both help.hbomax.com and firstname.lastname@example.org will put you in touch with the HBO MAX support staff.
Is Max the same as HBO Max?
On the 23rd of May, HBO A new Max is emerging. HBO’s streaming home will be Max, which will also offer a gigantic library of content for its users, which includes a variety of genres for its audience to stream.
FAQs – Cancel HBO Max Subscription
How to cancel a subscription?
On your Android device, go to your subscriptions on Google Play. Select the subscription you want to cancel. Tap Cancel subscription. Follow the instructions.
Can you cancel HBO Max after a year?
If you wish to cancel your yearly subscription after the auto-renewal, immediately end access to HBO Max, and get a refund, please contact us.
Does HBO Max have a free cancellation?
To avoid being charged for your next billing period, cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before your next billing date. Uninstalling the HBO Max app will not cancel your subscription.
Can you cancel at any time with HBO Max?
If you subscribe directly through the app or website, follow the steps below: (Note that HBO recommends canceling no later than two days before your next billing cycle).
To cancel HBO Max on the web, open HBOMax.com (opens in a new window) and sign into your account.
What happened to my HBO Max subscription?
Current HBO Max subscribers will not see a change in their subscription prices once that change takes place, and they’ll get to keep their existing HBO Max plan features for at least six months after Max launches.
The With Ads tier will still be $10/month, and the Ad-Free tier $16/month.
Is there an app to cancel subscriptions?
Never pay for an unwanted subscription again. Rocket Money instantly finds and tracks your subscriptions. Your concierge is there when you need them to cancel services, so you don’t have to.
Why can’t I find my subscription?
If you can’t find your subscription, check that you’re signed in to the correct account. Make sure to sign in to the Google Account that has your subscription. Learn how to add an account or switch accounts.
The email you used with the subscription app may be different than your Google Account.
How do I contact HBO Max?
If you have questions about HBO MAX, please visit help.hbomax.com. If you have questions about HBO NOW, please visit help.hbonow.com.
If you have questions about HBO GO, please visit help.hbogo.com. If you have questions about closed captions, please contact us at email@example.com.
How much is HBO Max subscription?
HBO Max currently has two subscription tiers: With Ads for $10 a month ($100 per year) and Ad-Free at $16 monthly ($150 annually). Both plans stream in HD with some 4K content, and you can stream on up to three devices simultaneously.
Can you cancel HBO Max before the free trial ends?
To avoid being charged for your next billing period, you will need to cancel your subscription before your free trial ends. If you cancel early, you can continue streaming until your trial ends.
What percentage of people forgot to cancel their subscription?
A survey found that 42% of consumers forgot they are still paying for a subscription they no longer use. Many of those happen after you get enticed by a free trial for an online streaming service or a monthly subscription service for clothes or personal items, and then you forget to cancel it after that trial is over.
Finally, this article will assist you in How to cancel an HBO Max subscription. However, HBO Max is a renowned platform for streaming entertainment content and offers a huge range of variety of content to its users.
If you are unable to access HBO Max in your region, try connecting to a reliable VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN.