Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Do you want to know how to watch CBS in Canada? CBS (Columbia Broadcasting System) is a commercial television and radio network in USA that is owned by CBS Corporation. The good news is, we’ll show you how to unblock CBS All Access in Canada in the steps below. So, without further ado, let’s get started:
How to Watch CBS All Access in Canada [Quick Guide in 2022]
To watch CBS in Canada, simply follow the steps below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a USA server from the servers list.
- Now, access CBS All Access service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access CBS All Access in Canada?
As attractive as this service is, you can only watch CBS All Access if you are physically present in the United States or if your IP address is located in the United States. If you try to access CBC All Access in Canada, you will see an error message stating that,
“CBS is not accessible in your region”.
This is now a major concern for Americans who travel regularly outside of the country. Despite the fact that 96.98% of Americans watch CBS live on their televisions, the service is significantly geo-restricted outside of the United States. If you try to watch CBS live in Canada, you’ll also see the following error message:
Oops! This video isn’t available in your region.
CBS has tracking systems that detect the location of a user’s access. A VPN can trick this tracking mechanism into thinking you’re in an unrestricted country. Not only that, but VPN also hides your online activities, which aids in security and prevents your Internet provider from cutting down your connection speed. So, whether you want to watch CBS outside USA or any of your favorite networks, getting a VPN is highly advantageous because it offers all of these benefits. So, without a further ado, take a look at the 3 best CBS All Access VPNs:
Quick Overview – Top VPNs to Get CBS All Access in Canada
- ExpressVPN: This VPN network is safe and reliable that comes over 3000+ servers worldwide. It has 20 highly optimized servers in the USA. The price that ExpressVPN offers is $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage.
- Surfshark: It is a budget-friendly VPN and is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe. Surfshark offers over 600 servers in the USA.
- NordVPN: This is a high-bandwidth VPN connection with more than 5200 servers worldwide. NordVPN gives you 1970+ servers in the USA, in 15 different locations. You can get NordVPN for just $3.71/month for its 2-year package.
3 Best VPNs to Watch CBS All Access in Canada:
To watch CBS All-access in Canada, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the three best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch CBS All Access in Canada
- For complete anonymity, this VPN also offers Tor over VPN and an Internet Kill Switch service to ensure that your connection is secure at all times.
- ExpressVPN also offers a Smart DNS service for consumers who just want to hide their location and a Tor website if you don’t want the fact that you use a VPN site to be logged.
- It has about 3000 servers available worldwide, which is why it’s the most popular option for consumers looking to unblock CBS All Access in Canada. However, the price approach is what most attracts users.
- Express VPN has over 20 servers spread across Canada, which is a significant achievement for them as a service provider.
- The AES 256-bit encryption technology is deployed in a number of servers situated in various regions across the world, ensuring the user’s privacy and security.
- The annual pricing plan starts at $6.67 a month, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are unhappy with the services.
- ExpressVPN offers over 3000 servers throughout the world and is known for its speed, security, price, performance, and optimum server connectivity. AES-256 bit encryption technology, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP are all highly secure security approaches.
- A live chat option is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for immediate customer service, as well as browser extensions with high device compatibility.
- Viewers can watch their favorite shows online on Windows, Android, MAC, and other smart devices.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to unblock CBS All Access in Canada
- Surfshark is another well-known VPN that is known for its high-speed capabilities as well as a large number of servers in various countries and places.
- The speed of this VPN is its most important feature, as it allows users to surf the Internet without interruptions. Surfshark essentially has 3200+ servers in 61+ locations around the world, all of which use the AES 256-bit encryption protocol to protect user data and prevent third-party access.
- Surfshark includes a zero-log feature, as well as IP leaks and DNS servers, to ensure that no third parties are involved in the process.
- Users can get immediate answers to their queries from the company’s higher tiers thanks to a 24/7 online chat option.
- The pricing package, which starts at $2.49/month for two years with a 30-day money-back guarantee, is the most notable feature.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Access CBS All Access in Canada
- High-speed internet, ultra-fast connections, 100 percent uptime, six concurrent connections, and dedicated IP addresses are all available
- Customers can spend time on the internet without concern thanks to the encrypted layers and security measures. The connection is practical thanks to AES-256 bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log rules, which give clients assurance that they’re conducting encrypted activities over the internet.
- NordVPN’s Onion cover VPN is a big plus. There are no cookies saved, data is encrypted with AES encryption, IP addresses are hidden, and data breaches are prevented with smart DNS leak protection.
- With fast bandwidth and device support for six devices at a time, consumers can get instant responses to their questions via a 24/7 Live Chat option.
- Pricing for NordVPN starts at $3.71 per month for a two-year subscription.
Is CBS and CBS All Access same?
CBS (Columbia Broadcasting System) is a CBS Corporation-owned commercial television and radio network in the United States. They are one of the world’s most well-known broadcasting networks, and they produce some of the top entertainment on the planet. While CBS All Access is a fantastic website and a service of CBS that allows you to watch entire seasons of their TV shows, allowing you to easily catch up on episodes you missed live, and so on.
CBS All Access is a subscription-based over-the-top streaming service. New episodes are accessible the next day on the CBS App, and there are over 7,500 On-Demand episodes. CBS All Access is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the CBS App. Even if you don’t have CBS All Access, you can watch a lot of episodes, but for true enjoyment, you should purchase a membership, which is free for the first seven days.
How to Subscribe to CBS All Access in Canada?
When it comes to payment methods, CBS All Access has a very strict policy, requiring you to have an American Payment Card registered with an actual address in the United States, as well as an account registered with the same address, and I’m guessing you have to be physically located in that city with an IP address in that city for this to work. Well, don’t worry, I’ll show you how to subscribe to CBS All Access in Canada using an American credit card. So, once you’ve signed up for a VPN, follow the steps below to receive a CBS All Access membership through American:
- Install the CBS app on your Android device. You can get it as an apk file (as you will most likely not find it in the Google Store).
- After you’ve installed it, use your Google profile and the payment card associated with it to sign up, subscribe, and pay for the service.
- The simplest option is to buy a CBS All Access gift card and use it to create a new account
Can I Use Free VPN to Watch CBS All Access in Canada?
Unfortunately, the answer is no! The vast majority of free VPN providers do not provide high-quality material or user-friendliness. They lack the operating systems necessary to back up their work, and using them can be inconvenient.
So, instead of using a free VPN, it’s definitely worth the money to invest in a solid VPN that will work the first time and even allow you to access geo-restricted platforms like CNBC, Channel4, Rai TV, Telemundo and many others in Canada.
Compatible Devices to watch CBS All Access in Canada
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch CBS All Access in Canada:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch CBS All Access in Canada on your device
If you want to download the CBS All Access app to your devices in Canada, follow these steps:
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app and login using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the USA.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for CBS All Access app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, CBS All Access is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- First, change your Apple ID region to the USA in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the USA.
- Search for CBS All Access in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and login.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to USA server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select CBS All Access on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “CBS All Access”.
- Click on”Get” from the drop-down menu.
- CBS All Access has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
- From the Xbox menu, click on”My games & apps.”
- Search for “CBS All Access” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and login.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in the USA.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the CBS All Access add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to any USA server.
- Enter the word ‘CBS All Access’ and click on enter.
- The ‘CBS All Access app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the CBS All Access app has been installed, open it.
- Open the CBS All Access app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching CBS All Access on Firestick in Canada.
For Apple TV Users
Since, Apple TV lacks a dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch CBS All Access in Canada. So follow the below instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well watching CBS All Access in Canada on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to automatically register your IP address.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customise its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the CBS All Access app, open and start watching!
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a USA-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the CBS All Access app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a USA-based server.
- Then go to the CBS All Access website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching CBS All Access in Canada, delete your cookies and cache, then login back.
What to Watch on CBS All Access in Canada?
We have a list that will provide you with everything you need, whether you want something to watch right now or something new to look forward to on CBS All Access:
- Join the Fight
- Tell Me a Story
- B Positive
- Unites States of Al
- The Neighborhood
- The Equalizer
- Star Trek: Discovery
- Why Women Kill
- Love is War
- Criminal Minds
- Big Brother
- Young Sheldon
- Blue Bloods
- Late Show
- CSI: Miami
- The Unicorn
- Love Island
- Big Brother
- Young Sheldon
- Blue Bloods
Is there a difference between CBS Reality and CBS All Access?
No, both services are distinct, and CBS All-Access has evolved into Paramount Plus for the general public.
Can I watch CBS All Access in Canada?
Yes, you can watch CBS All Access in Canada, but you’ll need to use a VPN on your device. All you have to do now is connect to a US server and you’re set to go!
Does CBS All Access comes free with Amazon Prime?
CBS All Access is available without advertising for $9.99 per month if you have a Prime subscription. For $5.99, you can get a limited plan (with ads).
CBS All Access block VPNs?
No, CBS All Access does not restrict all VPNs, so don’t be concerned. However, it does block your IP address, and even if you use a VPN, CBS may refuse to allow access.
Is it possible to subscribe to CBS All Access in Canada
No, Paramount+ (previously CBS All Access) is not accessible in Canada directly. However, if you use a VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to its US servers, you can watch CBS All Access in Canada, UK or Europe.
What is the difference between CBS All Access and CBS All Access Plus?
The key distinction between Paramount+ and its predecessor, CBS All Access, is its extended media library, which includes a wide range of CBS material as well as shows from other ViacomCBS-owned brands, as well as a growing library of Paramount Pictures films.
The vast majority of those who watch CBS live on television and other devices are Americans. However, due to geo-restrictions, US citizens who travel frequently outside the country are unable to see local sports, entertainment, or even news. With the use of a reliable VPN, anyone can easily overcome geo-blocks and watch CBS All Access in Canada. So, subscribe to one of my recommended VPNs and enjoy safe and uninterrupted CBC All Access watching!