Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Is Channel 5 available in Canada? No, Channel 5 is unavailable in Canada due to a geo-restriction error, but with the help of ExpressVPN, you can get Channel 5 in Canada.
Can you get Channel 5 in Canada? Yes, you can get Channel 5 or My5 in Canada by subscribing to a strong VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Channel 5 would be an excellent option if you enjoy watching British media content. Channel 5 is a British TV streaming service with a diverse library of movies and TV series at your disposal. However, it is available only in the UK, so you need a VPN to watch it in Canada. So, read this blog and quickly learn to watch Channel 5 in Canada.
How to Stream Channel 5 in Canada [Quick Guide in Dec 2023]
You can unblock Channel 5 Canada with a VPN by following the steps listed below:
- Subscribe to a credible VPN and sign up for it. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Log in to the VPN app using your credentials.
- Go to the servers list and connect to any UK server.
- Go to the official website of Channel 5, and you can stream Channel 5 in Canada.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Channel 5 in Canada?
If you wish to access Channel 5 in Canada, you need a VPN because the site is otherwise geo-blocked. Only a premium VPN will help you bypass the geo-ban, or you may see the following text on your screen as you try to access Channel 5 in Canada:
“We’re sorry, but you must be in the British Isles to view this content.”
Suppose you are looking for some reliable VPN recommendations. In that case, we suggest you subscribe to ExpressVPN due to its strong encryption policies and wide server networks, catering to its extensive international audience.
Without a VPN, you could quickly get geo-banned and become an easy target for hackers and other cyber-criminals.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch Channel 5 in Canada [Quick Overview in Dec 2023]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at a quick overview of the 3 best VPNs to watch Channel 5 in Canada:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 4 highly optimized servers in the UK, such as Docklands, East London, London, and Wembley. It offers $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial and a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 440+ servers in the UK. Its 2-year subscription is $3.30 a month, and its 2-year plan is at 72% off + 3 months FREE, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 3 highly optimized servers in the UK.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Channel 5 in Canada [Detailed Guide in Dec 2023]
To watch Channel 5 in Canada, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the 3 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Channel 5 Canada
- ExpressVPN has over 3,000 servers worldwide, including four in the United Kingdom. Because it’s fast enough to stream live material in HD, My5’s on-demand library shouldn’t be a problem.
- Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video are just a few of the streaming providers that ExpressVPN can securely unblock.
- To keep your traffic secure, this VPN employs 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch (desktop apps only), perfect forward secrecy, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks.
- ExpressVPN keeps no logs that may be used to track you down and accepts Bitcoin payments for even more secrecy. Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week over the Internet.
Recommended Servers: Docklands, London, East-London
NordVPN – Premium VPN to Stream Channel 5 Canada
- NordVPN has 671 servers in the United Kingdom and over 5,000 worldwide. It’s a multi-purpose VPN with fast connections and dedicated servers for P2P file sharing, DDoS protection, and privacy. Because it can unblock platforms like Netflix, My5, and Hulu, you can stream whatever you want from whichever device you want.
- NordVPN safeguards against port forwarding, IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks with 256-bit encryption.
- It also provides several exclusive features to this service, such as Tor-over-VPN and double VPN functionality, as well as the opportunity to specify which apps are affected by the kill switch.
Recommended Servers: London #2097, Edinburgh #1982
Surfshark – Low-Cost VPN to Watch Channel 5 Canada
- Surfshark is a low-cost VPN with a lot of capabilities. It has servers in over 60 countries, including the UK, and unblocks All 4, ITV Hub, and BBC iPlayer.
- Of course, security is just as important as the capacity to unblock. Surfshark, fortunately, succeeds in this area as well. It uses 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leak protection to ensure your actions are always private.
- There’s also a tool that automatically blocks ads and analyses for malware. Surfshark follows a strict no-logging policy to protect your privacy. Live chat is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, if you require support.
Recommended Servers: Manchester, London#4, and Edinburgh
Can I Watch Channel 5 in Canada Using a Free VPN?
Technically, you can use a free VPN to access geo-banned sites, but we would never recommend it because it carries a considerable risk to your privacy. Free VPNs expose your local IP address to the geo-restricted places you are trying to access and get you geo-banned.
Moreover, your data and user activities also become vulnerable to people who can keep an eye on you online. All that risk is not worth your safety simply because the VPN is offered for free. Keep yourself safe digitally by installing a premium VPN, like ExpressVPN, and have the best streaming experience.
What App Can I Watch Channel 5 On?
Channel 5 app, the My5 app, lets you watch Channel 5 online. You can watch your favorite Channel 5 family shows, including Channel 5, 5STAR, 5SELECT, 5USA, and 5ACTION, for free through the app.
With My5, you can catch up on the newest dramas, documentaries, entertainment shows, sporting events, and soap operas from Channel 5.
How to Subscribe to Channel 5 in Canada?
To subscribe to Channel 5 in Canada, follow these five steps:
- To begin, launch your VPN software and connect to a server in the UK.
- Click the profile button in the top right corner of your screen, then visit Register.
- Fill up the needed information.
- Use CR2 6XH, SW1A 1AA, EC1A 1BB, etc. as a postal code.
- Accept the terms and click the Confirm button.
- You can skip to the next step (Skip for Now) by selecting.
- You now have a My5 account in Canada – have fun with it!
Can I Watch Channel 5/My5 in Canada with a Smart DNS Proxy?
Yes, you can watch Channel 5 in Canada with a Smart DNS Proxy, but we do not recommend it because it could risk your privacy significantly. DNS services are not equipped with tools to encrypt your data and protect your privacy, so you need to opt out of using it and instead use premium VPNs, like ExpressVPN.
Watch Channel 5 in Canada on Compatible Devices
Channel 5 in Canada is available on practically all devices and platforms. Below is the list of Channel 5 in Canada compatible devices:
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
- Smart TVs
- Amazon Fire TV and Firestick
Now, let’s look at the guide on downloading Channel 5 in Canada on the following devices.
How to Get the Channel 5 in Canada on Android?
To get the Channel 5 app on your Android device, follow the instructions below:
- Sign up for a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Install the VPN app on your phone.
- Connect to the server in the United Kingdom.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- By clicking on add another account, you can create a new account.
- Type “Channel 5” or “My5 ” on the Google Play Store.”
- Download the app and log in on the Channel 5 app.
How to Get Channel 5 in Canada on iOS?
You can get the Channel 5 app on your iOS device by following the steps below:
- Download the ExpressVPN app and subscribe to the service.
- Connect to a UK server after logging into the VPN app.
- Set the UK as your location on the Apple ID page.
- To get the “My5” app, go to the Apple App Store and search for it.
- Download the app and log in on the Channel 5 app.
How to Stream Channel 5 in Canada on Roku?
Roku users can watch Channel 5 in Canada by following the steps below.
- Download and install ExpressVPN and log in.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to the UK server.
- Now, insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Channel 5 on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How to Watch Channel 5 in Canada on Firestick?
Below are the steps you need to follow to watch Channel 5 in Canada on Firestick.
- Start up your Firestick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources, download ExpressVPN, and connect to any UK server.
- Enter the word ‘Channel 5’ and click on enter.
- The ‘Channel 5 app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Channel 5 app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Channel 5 app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Channel 5 on Firestick in Canada.
How to Access Channel 5 in Canada on Apple TV?
Since Apple TV lacks dedicated VPN software, you must install ExpressVPN and the MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch Channel 5 in Canada.
So, follow the instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well as watching Channel 5 in Canada on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Settings Page to register your IP address automatically.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select “Manual”, and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the Channel 5 app. Open it and start watching!
How to Binge Channel 5 in Canada on Smart TV?
Follow the instructions below to binge Channel 5 in Canada on Smart TV.
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Channel 5 app on your Smart TV and create a free account to start watching.
How Can I Watch Channel 5 in Canada on PS4?
Below are the steps you need to follow to watch Channel 5 in Canada on PS4.
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Channel 5”.
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Channel 5 has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Get Channel 5 in Canada on PC?
You can now quickly get Channel 5 in Canada on your PC. Here is what you need to do:
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Then, go to the Channel 5 website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Channel 5 in Canada, delete your cookies and cache, then log back in.
Why is Channel 5 Not Working with a VPN? Follow The Quick Fixes in 2023
If your Channel 5 is not working with a VPN, be it free or paid, the following could be the reasons you are facing the said problem:
Some of the fundamental problems underlying this issue are listed below:
- Your actual IP address could have been exposed.
- You are connected to the wrong server.
- You may need to update the settings on your device.
- You need to bypass certain geo-restrictions that your VPN is unable to detect.
Here is how you can quickly solve the above problems online:
- You need to switch your browser.
- You need to clear your cookies and cache.
- It would help to update your device.
- You could contact your VPN’s customer support team.
What to Stream on Channel 5 in Canada?
Channel 5/My5 has on-demand content from 12 channels, including Paramount, BLAZE, BET, PBS America, Together, Spark, and Real Stories. However, we have listed some of the best Channel 5 most popular titles:
TV Shows on Channel 5
- Home and Away
- Traffic Cops
- Forged in Fire
- Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection
- Police Interceptors
- La Brea
- What Went Wrong: Countdown to Disaster
- All Creatures Great and Small
- Endless Love
- The Penguins of Madagascar
- The Catch
- The Madame Blanc Mysteries
Movies on Channel 5
- The Neighbor
- A Certain Justice
- What Women Want
- Dances With Wolves
- Don’t Steal My Husband
- Danger in the House
- Lies Between Friends
- The Guesthouse Murder
- Lock Up
FAQs – Channel 5 in Canada
Can I watch My5 in Canada?
No, you cannot watch My5 in Canada due to the geo-restrictions online. We suggest using a premium VPN, like ExpressVPN, to access it easily in your region.
How do I get Channel 5 TV?
You can get Channel 5 on the following devices:
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
- Smart TVs
- Amazon Fire TV and Firestick
How can I watch Channel 5 outside UK?
Here is how you can watch Channel 5 outside UK:
Sign up to ExpressVPN > Download the app > Sign in > Choose UK server > Visit Channel 5’s website > Start streaming!
Can you stream Channel 5 outside UK?
No, you cannot stream Channel 5 outside UK without a premium VPN, like ExpressVPN.
Does Channel 5 have iPlayer in Canada?
No, Channel 5 does not have iPlayer in Canada. They are both separate streaming platforms.
Can I watch Channel 5 without cable in Canada?
Yes, you can watch Channel 5 without cable in Canada.
To sum it up, now you will be able to watch Channel 5 in Canada most effortlessly. Follow the guide we have shared with you and follow the given steps. Since Channel 5 is geo-restricted in Canada, you need a premium VPN, like ExpressVPN, to bypass the geo-ban and watch your favorite content there.