Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Stan is one of Australia’s most popular video-on-demand channels. Despite the fact that Stan is a relatively new streaming service, you receive unlimited access to TV series from ABC, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, and the BBC. Luckily, in this blog, I will tell you everything about watching Stan TV outside Australia and from anywhere else. So, let’s get started!
How to Watch Stan TV outside Australia [Quick Instructions]
To watch Stan TV outside Australia, simply follow the steps below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to an Australian server from the servers list.
- Now, access Stan TV service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Stan TV outside Australia?
Stan TV won’t operate if you’re traveling outside of United States because the streaming service doesn’t have the legal authority to distribute its material globally. Stan’s method of blocking your connection is based solely on your IP address. When you go online, your computer is assigned a unique IP address. This is needed to establish a link between your device and the website or app you’ll be visiting Stan TV.
Your IP must contain information about your location in order for this communication to succeed. This is so that the service you’re using knows where to send data. When you connect to Stan TV’s service, it checks your IP address to see if you’re in its broadcast zone or not. If it detects that you are outside of Australia, it will disconnect you. Whenever you will try to access Stan TV outside Australia, you will get the following geo-restricted error:
Sorry, we couldn’t log you in.
Stan is not available in your region. If you are inside Australia but are using a VPN, please turn your VPN off and try again.
If you require access to your account, jump onto help.stan.com.au and get in touch with our support team.
(Error code: L8)
So, if you want to watch your favorite Stan TV content outside Australia, getting a premium VPN is highly recommended because it allows you to mask your IP address with Australian servers and let you watch Stan TV outside Australia and from anywhere in the world.
Top 5 VPNs Watch Stan TV outside Australia [Quick Overview]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch Stan TV outside Australia:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 5 separate servers in 4 Australian cities (Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne). If you want to binge-watch Stan TV outside Australia, ExpressVPN is the best choice for you. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 150 highly optimized server locations in Australia, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 242 servers in Australia. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is a best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Stan TV outside Australia or from anywhere in the world that offers 3200+ servers overall and 91 highly optimized servers in Australia while providing unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in Australia, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs for watching Stan TV outside Australia:
To watch Stan TV outside Australia, you’ll need a premium VPN. Here is the list of the 5 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch Stan TV outside Australia:
- The service has over 3000 servers in 94 countries, including Australia. It performs admirably, enabling for smooth HD streaming on networks like Stan TV.
- ExpressVPN uses unbreakable 256-bit AES encryption, SHA512 DHE-RSA keys, and perfect forward secrecy technology to ensure that no one can decode your sessions even if your encryption key is compromised.
- ExpressVPN has its own DNS servers, which you can control through the app’s settings.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Stan TV outside Australia
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
NordVPN – Largest Server Network to Unblock Stan TV outside Australia
- NordVPN has over 5400 servers in 59 different countries, including the Australia. Accessing geo-restricted content is a breeze with the VPN. It’s simple to discover a US server because they have so many, especially if you want to watch HD video on the Stan TV for free.
- It’s also great for torrenting, and the servers include an Onion over VPN function for complete secrecy and anonymity. NordVPN also employs military-grade encryption to secure internet connections and preserve your privacy.
- It employs AES 256-bit encryption, which NASA recommends for securing top-secret data. In addition, the company employs a variety of protocols, including OpenVPN and IKEv2/IPsec.
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Watch Stan TV outside Australia
- Surfshark is another dependable option for watching Stan TV outside Australia. Because of the super-fast bandwidth, it’s great for streaming, allowing HD streaming on services.
- Surfshark has over 3200 servers in 65 countries, including the Australia. The service is secure because it uses military-grade AES-256-CGM encryption.
- It also uses IKEv2, WireGuard, Shadowsocks, and OpenVPN protocols to enable you avoid geo-restrictions and stream Stan TV from anywhere in the world.
- In addition, Surfshark has a kill switch that does not activate automatically, but the program displays the choice on the menu as soon as you connect to a server so you can configure it.
AtlasVPN– Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Stan TV outside Australia
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options.
- It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
Can I Watch Free VPN to Watch Stan TV outside Australia?
If you want to watch Stan TV outside Australia, I highly recommend you not to use a free VPN. Using a free VPN is dangerous, and it only works with a limited number of providers, such as Stan TV. Free VPNs for Stan TV have a limited number of servers and frequently impose restrictions on your connection. This means you won’t be able to unblock Australian TV networks with a free VPN. Free VPNs are unable to unlock key streaming services due to its lack of servers and privacy.
How much does Stan TV cost outside Australia?
Basic, standard, and premium subscription plans are available on Stan TV. The basic plan will set you back $10 a month, while the standard and premium plans will set you back $14 a month, respectively. You can also pay for Stan TV with a Stan Gift Card, PayPal, a Credit Card, or a Debit Card.
Why is Stan TV not working outside Australia?
There is no such thing as a perfect streaming service; there will always be a few bugs that cause problems, here are the two most common problem when Stan TV outside Australia isn’t working with their troubleshoots:
A26 Stan TV Error Code
When the system identifies the usage of a proxy, it displays the Stan error A26, which prevents you from accessing Stan TV in the United States. To ensure buffer-less and secure streaming, you should only use a premium VPN to access Stan TV outside Australia.
Error: Stan TV Service Unavailable
The most common cause of this problem is a poor internet connection. It’s possible that this is a software issue. It is recommended that you reinstall the software and give it another shot. If the problem persists, contact your internet service provider to inquire about your bandwidth allowance or make a complaint about the streaming speeds.
How much data does Stan TV use?
The quantity of data you use while streaming Stan TV is directly proportional to the quality of your stream. Stan TV allows you to manually customize the quality of your connection on a number of devices via the app’s settings, though Stan TV also adjusts quality depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
Here’s is the table below to see how much bandwidth you’ll consume streaming Stan TV outside Australia at various quality settings:
- Low quality: Approx. 570MB per hour
- Medium quality (SD): Approx. 1.13GB per hour
- High definition (HD): Approx. 2.89GB per hour
- Ultra-high-definition (4K): Approx. 7GB per hour
Stan TV Device Compatibility outside Australia
Stan TV is compatible with the following devices outside Australia:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Android Phones and devices
- Android Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Telstra TV
- Xbox Series X, S, One
- Hisense Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- PS3, PS4, PS5
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the Australia.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Stan TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Stan TV is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the Australia in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the Australia.
- Search for Stan TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to an Australia server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Stan TV on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Stan TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Stan TV.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Stan TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Stan TV on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Stan TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Stan TV. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the Australia after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Stan TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Stan TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to an Australian server.
- Enter the word ‘Stan TV’ and press enter.
- The ‘Stan TV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Stan TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Stan TV app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Stan TV on Firestick outside Australia.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to an Australian server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the Stan TV app and you are done.
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a Australia-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Stan TV app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a Australia-based server.
- Go to the Stan TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Stan TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
Best Movies and Shows to watch on Stan TV outside Australia
Stan TV offers unrestricted access to television shows and films. Stan TV is one of the most diverse collections of TV shows, movies, documentaries, animated films, and TV shows across all genres. The content library contains 1783 titles, making the $10/month subscription fee well worth it. If I listed all of the top movies and shows to watch on Stan TV, I’d be here for a long time. So, here’s what’s new on Stan TV outside Australia:
- Bad Moms 2
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Pretty Woman
- Black Panther
- City on a Hill
- Dawson’s Creek
- Flesh and Bone
- Friday Night Lights
- Godfather of Harlem
- I Am the Night
- Killing Eve
- Miracle Workers
- Party Down
- Romper Stomper
- Search Party
- The Shield
- Twin Peaks
- Veronica Mars
- Will & Grace
- A Sunburnt Christmas
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- Children of Men
- High Life
- I Am Woman
How can I watch Stan TV outside Australia for free?
If you want to stream the Stan TV service for free, you can use the Stan TV free trial option. However, the free trial can only be used once.
Is Stan TV available to watch online outside Australia?
Yes, Stan TV is available to watch on the internet. By subscribing to a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN, Surfshark or NordVPN, you can watch Stan TV outside Australia.
How can I download Stan movies and TV shows?
The series and movies on Stan TV can be downloaded simply by selecting the download option in the synopsis of the title you want to watch.
In which countries Stan TV is available?
Stan is only available in Australia by default. If you try to access the streaming service outside Australia, you’ll get an error message that claims Stan TV isn’t available in your country. However, if you use a reliable streaming VPN like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN, you can securely change your virtual location to Australia and have immediate access to this fantastic streaming service.
Are there any live sports on Stan TV?
It certainly does. After negotiating an agreement with Rugby Australia, Stan Sport debuted in February 2021 with rugby union as its main drawcard. Stan TV broadcasts a wide range of rugby union matches, providing a much-needed boost to the sport, which has suffered for coverage, visibility, and money in recent years in Australia.
How can I pay for Stan TV outside Australia?
Stan TV accepts Visa, Mastercard, and American Express as forms of payment. When you register your account, you will be asked to enter your credit card information, and payment will be automatically deducted from your card each month on the same day that you signed up.
Can I Download Subtitles for Stan Movies and TV Shows outside Australia?
Follow the below steps to download Subtitles for Stan Movies and TV Shows outside Australia:
- Open the Stan viewer or the Stan app.
- Choose the movie you wish to see.
- Select the subtitle from the player’s control bar while it is playing.
- Finally, pick English under the heading “Subtitles” by clicking on the icon for the speech bubble[/accordion-item][/accordion]
Stan TV is a geo-restricted channel, so if you’re an Aussie traveling abroad, you have nothing to worry about. Fortunately, as an Australian expat or tourist outside Australia in any country, you can simply bypass this barrier and recover access to your favorite Stan TV movies and episodes from anywhere in the world by subscribing to one of the premium VPNs listed above. ExpressVPN comes highly recommended, with steady fast speed, superb connectivity, and variety, it’s difficult to go wrong!