Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch Stan TV outside Australia? Stan TV is an Australian video-on-demand channel that is geo-restricted everywhere outside Australia. However, to watch Stan TV outside Australia you will need a reliable VPN.
Can you get Stan TV outside Australia? No, you cannot get Stan TV outside Australia. However, using a VPN, you can unblock and watch Stan TV anywhere. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Stan TV is an OTT Streaming platform that is available in Australia only. StreamCo Media founded it on 26th January; Stan has a huge library of content which includes different movies and shows, and they have almost 2.3 million subscribers.
Unfortunately, it is not available anywhere outside Australia, which is why we recommend you use a VPN that offers Australian servers, and nothing is better than ExpressVPN; read the article thoroughly to know how to use a VPN for Stan TV.
How to Watch Stan TV outside Australia [Quick Steps December 2023]
Wondering Can you watch Stan outside of Australia? Yes, you can watch Stan outside Australia through a VPN, To watch Stan TV outside Australia, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to an Australian server from the servers list.
- Now, access Stan TV service and start streaming.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Stan TV outside Australia?
Stan TV won’t operate if you’re traveling outside of the United States because the streaming service doesn’t have the legal authority to distribute its material globally. Stan’s method of blocking your connection is based solely on your IP address.
When you go online, your computer is assigned a unique IP address. This is needed to establish a link between your device and the website or app you’ll visit Stan TV.
It will disconnect you if it detects that you are outside of Australia. Whenever you try to access Stan TV outside Australia, you will get the following geo-restricted error:
Sorry, we couldn’t log you in.
Stan is not available in your region. If you are inside Australia but are using a VPN, please turn your VPN off and try again.
If you require access to your account, jump onto help.stan.com.au and get in touch with our support team.
(Error code: L8)
Your IP must contain information about your location for this communication to succeed. This is so that the service you’re using knows where to send data. When you connect to Stan TV’s service, it checks your IP address to see whether you’re in its broadcast zone.
So, if you want to watch your favorite Stan TV content outside Australia, getting a premium VPN is highly recommended because it allows you to mask your IP address with Australian servers and let you watch Stan TV outside Australia and from anywhere in the world.
Top 3 VPNs Watch Stan TV Outside Australia [Quick Overview Dec 2023]
Can I access Stan outside of Australia? Yes, you can watch Stan TV outside Australia. All you need is a reliable VPN; then take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPNs to watch Stan TV outside Australia:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and highly optimized server locations in 4 Australian cities. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers 190+ highly optimized Australian servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, with 90+ highly optimized servers in Australia. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3 Best VPNs for watching Stan TV outside Australia [In-Depth Analysis Dec 2023]
How can I watch Stan TV? To watch Stan TV outside Australia, you’ll need a premium VPN. Here is the list of the 5 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch Stan TV Outside Australia:
- With 3000+ servers in 94 countries, it is the best VPN that offers 4 separate servers in Australia.
- It has high-speed servers with 256-bit, making encryption secure for you to stream and watch Stan TV outside Australia.
- ExpressVPN has the fastest network of speedy, reliable servers that are adept at unblocking, being one of the best to watch geo-restricted content with the security of your digital privacy.
- You can get ExpressVPN for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- It is enriched with the highest bandwidth and AES 256-bit encryption technology, which is the top-tier feature of ExpressVPN.
- It also comes with a kill switch and a DNS server to secure the users from any third-party access.
Recommended Servers: Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney
You can Unblock these Streaming Sites with ExpressVPN:
- Can I Get Optus Sport outside Australia?
- Can I Unblock Channel 9 outside Australia?
- How Can I Watch 7Plus Outside Australia?
NordVPN – Largest Server Network to Unblock Stan TV Outside Australia
- NordVPN has more than 5700+ servers from 80 countries.
- NordVPN is a good choice if you are looking for a steadfast, reliable VPN with high-speed servers and instant connectivity that unblocks Stan TV outside Australia without any trouble.
- This VPN allows up to 6 immediate connections and the AES 256-bit encryption through a strict no-logs policy with the surety of no IP or DNS leaks.
- Its features, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP policies make the connection viable to gain the confidence of users that they’re performing encrypted activities securely over the internet.
- Moreover, it also has Cyber Sec and Double VPN technology that allows multi-logins with the same account at the low pricing package of NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee while keeping the concerns of users secure.
Recommended Servers: Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, and Perth
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Watch Stan TV Outside Australia
- It features a generous unlimited devices policy that allows you to connect to as many devices as you like while providing rarely-seen split tunneling and multi-hop features.
- In addition, this VPN unblocks popular geo-restricted platforms with secure, reliable connections.
- Surfshark has almost 3200+ servers in more than 60 countries worldwide, with highly distributed security protocols amongst all the servers, assisting users with secure, fast video streaming and accessing geo-restricted websites.
- It features widely processed security protocols, including the IKEv2, L2TP, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, WireGuard, and the AES 256-bit encryption for strong encrypted user connections and saving it from unauthorized third-party access.
- It is a pocket-friendly VPN service at the lowest rates possible, like $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, and Perth
Can I Watch Free VPN to Watch Stan TV outside Australia?
Can I use a free VPN to watch Stan? If you want to watch Stan TV outside Australia, We highly recommend you not to use a free VPN. Using a free VPN is dangerous, and it only works with a limited number of providers, such as Stan TV.
Free VPNs for Stan TV have a limited number of servers and frequently impose restrictions on your connection. This means you won’t be able to unblock Australian TV networks with a free VPN. Free VPNs cannot unlock key streaming services due to their lack of servers and privacy.
How to watch Stan TV outside Australia with a VPN?
Can I watch Stan outside of Australia? Follow these steps to Get Stan outside Australia:
- Subscribe to VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app and connect to the Australian server.
- Visit Stan’s official website or log in to its application to start your 30 days free trial.
- Select any suitable plan for you.
- Scroll down after selecting the plan.
- Choose your payment method and enter your details.
- That’s it! Start streaming Stan outside Australia.
How much does Stan TV cost outside Australia?
Basic, standard, and premium subscription plans are available on Stan TV. The basic plan will set you back $10 a month, while the standard and premium plans will set you back $14 a month, respectively. You can also pay for Stan TV with a Stan Gift Card, PayPal, a Credit Card, or a Debit Card.
Why is Stan TV not working outside Australia?
What should I do if my VPN is not working with Stan? There is no such thing as a perfect streaming service; there will always be a few bugs that cause problems; here are the two most common problems when Stan TV outside Australia isn’t working with their troubleshoots:
A26 Stan TV Error Code
When the system identifies the usage of a proxy, it displays the Stan error A26, which prevents you from accessing Stan TV in the United States. To ensure buffer-less and secure streaming, you should only use a premium VPN to access Stan TV outside Australia.
Error: Stan TV Service Unavailable
The most common cause of this problem is a poor internet connection. This may be a software issue. It is recommended that you reinstall the software and give it another shot. If the problem persists, contact your internet service provider to inquire about your bandwidth allowance or make a complaint about the streaming speeds.
How much data does Stan TV use?
The quantity of data you use while streaming Stan TV is directly proportional to the quality of your stream. Stan TV allows you to manually customize the quality of your connection on several devices via the app’s settings. However, Stan TV also adjusts quality depending on your Internet connection speed.
Here’s the table below to see how much bandwidth you’ll consume streaming Stan TV outside Australia at various quality settings:
- Low quality: Approx. 570MB per hour
- Medium quality (SD): Approx. 1.13GB per hour
- High definition (HD): Approx. 2.89GB per hour
- Ultra-high-definition (4K): Approx. 7GB per hour
Stan TV Device Compatibility Outside Australia
Where can I watch Stan TV? Stan TV is compatible with the following devices outside Australia:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Android Phones and devices
- Android Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Telstra TV
- Xbox Series X, S, One
- Hisense Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- PS3, PS4, PS5
How to Watch Stan TV Outside Australia on Android
Can I watch downloaded Stan overseas? Yes, you can download Stan overseas by following these steps:
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in Australia.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the Stan TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Stan TV is now available on your Android device.
How to Download Stan TV Outside Australia on iOS
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to Australia in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in Australia.
- Search for Stan TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows now.
How to Unblock Stan TV outside Australia on Roku
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to an Australian server.
- Now, insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through an HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Stan TV on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How Can I Get Stan TV outside Australia on PS/PS4
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Stan TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Stan TV.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Stan TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Stream Stan TV outside Australia on Xbox
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Stan TV on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Stan TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How to Get Stan TV outside Australia on Kodi
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Stan TV. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- Go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons on your Kodi device.
- Now, toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in Australia after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the Stan TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Watch Stan TV outside Australia on FireStick
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Stan TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to an Australian server.
- Enter the word ‘Stan TV’ and press enter.
- The ‘Stan TV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Stan TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Stan TV app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Stan TV on Firestick outside Australia.
How Can I Access Stan TV outside Australia on Apple TV
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to an Australian server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the Stan TV app, and you are done.
How to Watch Stan TV outside Australia on Smart TV
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to an Australia-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Stan TV app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How Can I Watch Stan TV outside Australia on a PC
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to an Australia-based server.
- Go to the Stan TV website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Stan TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
Best Movies and Shows to watch on Stan TV outside Australia
Stan TV offers unrestricted access to television shows and films. Stan TV is one of the most diverse collections of TV shows, movies, documentaries, animated films, and TV shows across all genres.
The content library contains 1783 titles, which makes the $10/month subscription fee well worth it. If I listed all of the top movies and shows to watch on Stan TV, I’d be here for a long time. So, here’s what’s new on Stan TV outside Australia:
- Bad Moms 2
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Pretty Woman
- Black Panther
- City on a Hill
- Dawson’s Creek
- Flesh and Bone
- Friday Night Lights
- Godfather of Harlem
- I Am the Night
- Killing Eve
- Miracle Workers
- Party Down
- Romper Stomper
- Search Party
- The Shield
- Twin Peaks
- Veronica Mars
- Will & Grace
- A Sunburnt Christmas
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- Children of Men
- High Life
- I Am Woman
FAQs on Stan TV Outside Australia
Is Stan TV available outside Australia?
No, Stan TV is not available outside Australia; that’s why you need a VPN to access Stan TV outside Australia; we recommend ExpressVPN for a better streaming experience.
Does Stan TV work outside Australia?
No, Stan TV doesn’t work outside Australia as it is geo-blocked, but by subscribing to a reliable VPN, you can get Stan TV outside Australia.
How can I watch Stan TV outside Australia for free?
If you want to stream the Stan TV service for free, you can use the Stan TV free trial option. However, the free trial can only be used once.
What devices can I watch Stan on?
Where can I stream Stan? You can watch Stan on almost all the devices, like Gaming Consoles, Android, iOS, and PCs.
Can you get Stan TV in the US?
Can I get Stan TV in the US? Yes, you can get Stan TV in the US. All you need is a VPN subscription. It will unblock the restricted content, so don’t wait and subscribe to a reliable VPN.
Can Stan detect VPN?
Yes, Stan can detect the VPN, but it will not block the VPNs. It will only restrict the particular IP address, which means if you use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, it will not be easily detectable.
Is Stan TV available to watch online outside Australia?
Can you get Stan outside of Australia? Yes, Stan TV is available to watch on the Internet. By subscribing to a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN, you can watch Stan TV outside Australia.
How can I download Stan movies and TV shows?
The series and movies on Stan TV can be downloaded simply by selecting the download option in the synopsis of the title you want to watch.
In which countries Stan TV is available?
Stan is only available in Australia by default. If you try to access the streaming service outside Australia, you’ll get an error message that claims Stan TV isn’t available in your country.
However, use a reliable streaming VPN like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN. You can securely change your virtual location to Australia and have immediate access to this fantastic streaming service.
Are there any live sports on Stan TV?
It certainly does. After negotiating an agreement with Rugby Australia, Stan Sport debuted in February 2021 with rugby union as its main drawcard. Stan TV broadcasts a wide range of rugby union matches, providing a much-needed boost to the sport, which has suffered for coverage, visibility, and money in recent years in Australia.
How can I pay for Stan TV outside Australia?
Stan TV accepts Visa, Mastercard, and American Express as forms of payment. When you register your account, you will be asked to enter your credit card information, and payment will be automatically deducted from your card each month on the same day you signed up.
What other streaming services can I access with CyberGhost VPN?
CyberGhost is one of the most trusted VPN services that can easily unblock so many streaming sites, like, Optus Sport, Channel 9, and Stan TV outside Australia.
Where is Stan TV available?
Stan TV is available in Australia only, to watch Stan outside Australia you will need a VPN.
Can I Download Subtitles for Stan Movies and TV Shows outside Australia?
Follow the below steps to download Subtitles for Stan Movies and TV Shows outside Australia:
- Open the Stan viewer or the Stan app.
- Choose the movie you wish to see.
- Select the subtitle from the player’s control bar while it is playing.
- Finally, pick English under the heading “Subtitles” by clicking on the icon for the speech bubble.
Stan TV is a geo-restricted channel, so if you’re an Aussie traveling abroad, you have nothing to worry about.
Fortunately, as an Australian ex-pat or tourist outside Australia in any country, you can bypass this barrier and recover access to your favorite Stan TV movies and episodes from anywhere worldwide by subscribing to one of the premium VPNs listed above.
ExpressVPN comes highly recommended. With steady, fast speed, superb connectivity, and variety, it’s difficult to go wrong!