Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Are you wondering if you can watch Optus Sport Outside Australia? Well, you cannot access it because of its geo-restrictions unless you are using a VPN. Well, we suggest you to use ExpressVPN in order for the best streaming results.
Optus Sport is an Australian streaming sports channel that has become a home of Football where you can watch Premier League, UEFA Champions Leagues, UEFA Europa League, and Women’s Football.
Without further ado, let’s dive into this article to find the best possible ways on how to use a VPN to unblock Optus Sport from outside Australia.
Easy Guide on How to watch Optus Sport outside Australia in 2022
If you want to watch Optus Sport Outside Australia, then follow these four simple steps for secure access.
Why do you need a VPN to Watch Optus Sport Outside Australia or Overseas?
VPN (Virtual Private Network) does not only serves to hide your IP address and geographical location, but it also lets you unblock Optus Sport abroad. VPN is used to provide you secure access to uncommon geo-restricted content like ESPN, Kayo Sports, Sky Go, Fox Sports Go, and, of course, Optus Sport.
Whenever you try to access Optus Sport outside Australia or Overseas, you will get the following geo-restriction error:
“Unfortunately, Optus Sport can not be used outside of Australia.”
Optus Sport is completely geo-restricted outside Australia, which means you cannot watch a single match, live stream, sports show on Optus Sport if you are overseas. To watch Optus Sport live streams, on-demand matches, and shows all around the world you just need a good VPN connection to change your IP address and securely connect your device to an Australian server. The case is just like Kayo Sports Outside Australia, Channel 9 Outside Austalia Fox Sports Outside US, and such other geo-restricted channels.
Quick Overview: Top 5 VPNs to Watch Optus Sport outside Australia [July 2022
Take a look at the quick summary of the 5 top VPNs to watch Optus Sport outside Australia
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 6 highly optimized servers in Australia while offering $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 202 highly optimized server locations in Australia, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 242 servers in Australia. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 5 highly optimized servers in Australia.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in Australia, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs in 2022 To Watch Optus Sport Outside Australia or Overseas
The reason why VPN is used by so many users around the world is that it doesn’t only give you online privacy but also establishes secure and encrypted connections. With so many VPNs available in the market, luckily today I have gathered the top three best VPNs along with a guide on how to watch Optus Sport outside Australia or Overseas.
Take a look at my recommendations to find out the following 5 providers as the best VPNs to securely access Optus Sport outside Australia in 2022.
ExpressVPN – High-Speed Fastest VPN to Watch Optus Sport Outside Australia
- ExpressVPN has the largest, fastest network of speedy, reliable servers that are adept at unblocking being one of the best to watch geo-restricted content with the security of your digital privacy.
- It allows the users to watch their favorite entertainment/ sports shows, live streams, matches, and movies including the channels from sports to entertainment like Kayo Sports, Hulu, Hotstar, Sky Go, Fox Sports Go, and many others.
- Through the highly secured ExpressVPN network, you are capable of bypassing the geo-restricted websites within the allotted time
- With 3000+ servers in 94 countries at $6.67/month for its 1-year package, it is the best VPN that offers multiple servers in Australia.
- It has high-speed servers with 256-bit makes encryption secure for you to stream and watch Optus Sport outside Australia or anywhere in the world.
- I highly recommended ExpressVPN to watch Optus Sport outside Australia and others like 7plus Outside Austalia, Kayo sports in UK, and Eurosports Outside UK because it is the oldest, and highly reliable VPN available in the market, and its remarks speak for itself along with the ratings captured from a wide range of users.
- It is enriched with the highest bandwidth and AES 256-bit encryption technology, which is the top-tier feature of ExpressVPN.
- It also comes with Kill-Switch, and a DNS server to secure the users from any third-party access.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Optus Sport outside Australia
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Steadfast Reliable VPN to Watch Optus Sport Overseas
- NordVPN has got more than 5500 servers from 60 countries at $3.47/monthly (2-year plan), which justifies why NordVPN can be a good choice. So, if you are looking for a steadfast reliable VPN with high-speed servers and instant connectivity that unblocks Optus Sport outside Australia and Sky Sports in Canada without any troubles.
- This VPN allows up to 6 immediate connections along with the AES 256-bit encryption through a strict no-logs policy with the surety of no IP or DNS leaks.
- Its features OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP policies make the connection viable to gain the confidence of users that they’re performing encrypted activities securely over the internet.
- It is the best VPN that comes with an Australian server which is extensively intended to work with impeccable high speed, latency, and excellent unblocking ability with its state-of-the-art encryption and security techniques.
- Moreover, it also has Cyber Sec and Double VPN technology that allows multi-logins with the same account at the low pricing package of $3.71/moon its 2-year plan along with a 30-day money-back guarantee while keeping the concerns of users secure.
Surfshark – Economical VPN to Watch Optus Sport Overseas
- If you are low on budget but looking for an excellent VPN service then Surfshark is the best budget option for you.
- It features a generous unlimited devices policy that allows you to connect to as many devices as you like while providing rarely seen split tunneling and multi-hop features.
- This VPN unblocks popular geo-restricted platforms like BT Sports outside UK, Bein Sports Outside UK with secure, reliable connections.
- Surfshark has got almost 3200+ servers in more than 60 countries worldwide at $2.49/month for its 2-year package, with highly distributed security protocols amongst all the servers, assisting the users for secure fast video streaming, and access geo-restricted websites.
- It features widely processed security protocols, including the IKEv2, L2TP, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, WireGuard and the AES 256-bit encryption for strong encrypted user connections, and saving it from unauthorized third-party access.
- Overall, it is a pocket-friendly VPN service at the lowest rates possible like $22.95/month, and a 6-month free trial usage package for $2.49/month.
- Get benefitted with the highest bandwidth and throughput to securely fasten the speed and surfing with the Surfshark VPN.
AtlasVPN – Low on pocket VPN to access Optus Sport outside Australia
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options.
- It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
How to Subscribe to Optus Sport Outside Australia
To subscribe to Optus Sport you need to follow these steps. We have explained the process for both Optus customers and non-Optus customers:
Steps for Optus Customer
If you are a premium Optus Sport subscriber you can add Optus Sport following these steps.
- Go to My Optus App.
- Choose the service that you want from the top left corner.
- Select the add-ons that you want.
- Activate Optus Sport and tick the terms and conditions box.
- Once you confirm the terms and conditions, you will have the access to Optus Sport.
Steps for Non-Optus Customer
To subscribe to Optus Sport via Credit card through Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) follow these steps:
- Find Optus Sport App in the respective store
- Download and launch app
- Sign up with your credentials and verify the same.
- Confirm the signup and pay for your subscription.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Optus Sport outside Australia?
Many free VPNs use dubious data gathering tactics that enable them to grab your data. Free VPNs will sell your information to third parties, data brokers, and marketing firms in order to make money. Using a free sports streaming service can also be an alternative, though you must carefully consider the advantages and disadvantages of each of these sites. Furthermore, most free VPNs are unsafe, have leaks, misrepresent their level of protection, and even include tracking libraries and spyware. As a result, using 99 percent of free VPN services is exceedingly risky.
Compatible Devices to Watch/Stream Optus Sport
Are you wondering if your device is compatible to watch/stream Optus Sport? Then look no further, below are the mentioned Android/iOS devices that are compatible with the Optus Sport.
- PC (Windows)
- Mac (macOS)
- Android (Phone and Tablet)
- iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Apple TV & Apple Airplay
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Google Chromecast
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app and login using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in Australia.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Optus Sports app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Optus Sports is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- First, change your Apple ID region to Australia in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in Australia.
- Search for Optus Sports in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and login.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to an Australian server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Optus Sports on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Optus Sports”.
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Optus Sports has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps“.
- Search for “Optus Sports” in the “Xbox Store”.
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and login.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in Australia.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Optus Sports add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to any Australia server.
- Enter the word ‘Optus Sports’ and click on enter.
- The ‘Optus Sports app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Optus Sports app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Optus Sports app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Optus Sports on Firestick outside Australia.
For Apple TV Users
Since, Apple TV lacks a dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch Optus Sports outside Australia. So follow the below instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well watching Optus Sports outside Australia on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to automatically register your IP address.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the Optus Sports app, open and start watching!
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a Australia-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Optus Sports app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to Australia-based server.
- Then go to the Optus Sports website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Optus Sports outside Australia, delete your cookies and cache, then login back.
What can you Watch on Optus Sport outside Australia?
If you are a sports enthusiast, then Optus Sport has a lot to offer you including pre-match conferences, live Premier League matches, post-match interviews, and highlights of all football fixtures but you can also check weekly fixtures and upcoming matches.
Take a look at some of the must-watch football leagues that you can live stream on Optus Sport.
- Premier League
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- European Qualifiers
- K League (Korean League)
- J League (Japanese League)
- International Football Matches
- Women’s Football
- UEFA Euro 2020
- FIFA World Cup
Watch English Premier League Online in 2022
Optus Sport offers the services to watch English Premier League matches live online. So, watch the amazing matches of EPL on your device anywhere with Optus Sport. Don’t forget to use a VPN for Optus Sport if you are watching it anywhere outside Australia.
Can I watch Optus Sport with a free VPN?
Free VPN is a tempting idea because of no monetary cost but it is not a recommended one. Though you can watch Optus Sport but with a free VPN as it will mask your IP address while bypassing the restriction easily with the VPN network with lots of limitations and poor performance.
Can I watch Optus Sport in the US without VPN?
If you are living outside Australia, you cannot watch Optus Sport anywhere in the world without a VPN because it is geo-restricted outside Australia. The only way to watch Optus Sport outside Australia is to install your preferable VPN app, connect it to an Australian server, and start watching your favorite matches on Optus Sport.
Is accessing Optus Sport with a VPN illegal?
Accessing Optus Sport with a VPN isn’t illegal, as using a VPN itself is legal so there’s nothing to worry about the jurisdictions wherever you are. Just download your preferable VPN app and stream Optus Sport outside Australia to catch up on all the UEFA Europe League 2022.
Why Can’t I Access Optus Sport Overseas Without a VPN?
Optus Sport has limited rights to stream its content and being exclusively accessible only within Australia. Therefore, to access Optus Sport outside Australia, you will need an Australian IP address because using a VPN is your only solution.
Are VPNs Blocked by Optus Sport?
Yes, Optus Sport doesn’t support VPNs. Even many best VPNs providers are blocked by it. It has its own tools to detect whether the user is using a proxy or a VPN. If you are unlucky enough to be caught then it will ban your IP, and you will no longer access it.
Can I access Optus Sport Outside Australia on Apple TV?
Yes, you can use a VPN to unblock the geo-restrictions and watch Optus Sport on Apple TV.
Does Android Smart TV Support Optus Sport?
Yes, of course, Optus Sport is highly supported on Android TV or Smart TV.
Can I Download Optus Sport on Firestick?
Yes, you can download Optus Sport on Firestick just by scrolling across to the Categories section on the FireTV home page then select Sports and locate the Optus Sport App. Sign up with your credentials or log in using your existing Optus Sport username and password.
FAQs on Optus Sport Outside Australia
How much Optus sport costs?
Optus Sport Premium subscription is available just at $14.99.
How many channels Optus Sport operates?
Optus Sport operates eleven multiplex channels and contents.
What kind of sports are included in Optus Sport?
The Optus Sport’s streaming includes Premier League, UEFA EURO 2020™, COPA America 2021, FA Women’s Super League, live streams, and on-demand matches. As well, Mini Matches, shorts, shows, workouts on OS Fitness, and more exclusive originals.
On which devices I can watch Optus Sport?
You can watch Optus Sport on the big-screen through Fetch, Apple TV, Android TV compatible Smart TVs, including LG Smart TVs, Apple Airplay, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox, Samsung Smart TVs as well desktops, on-the-go via tablet, mobile, and smart laptops.
Does Optus Sport works outside Australia?
Unfortunately, no! Optus Sport is geo-restricted and it only owns the limited rights to stream within Australia.
What should I do to watch Optus Sport outside Australia?
You can watch Optus Sport outside Australia by using a good VPN service. As per our recommendation, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service that will help you stream it overseas.
Does Optus Sport allow VPN?
No, Optus Sport is blocking VPN providers and the reason is unknown.
Does Optus Sport offer a free trial?
Yes, Optus Sport has a free trial of 14 days. But, during the trial, you have limited access to a number of highlights, interviews, and events.
If you are one of those sports enthusiasts residing outside Australia, then your wish to get your hands on the heaven of football has been granted to you. All thanks to the best VPN services that we have mentioned above, along with a detailed guide on how you can use a VPN to watch Optus Sport Outside Australia.